logo

Posted:    Angie Turner

Can't cancel auto ship

Guthy Renker
guthyrenker.com
I have been trying all day to call the number included on my order to cancel the auto ship for the Chaz Dean/Wen haircare system. The message I get is "Due to extremely high call volume we're unable to process your call at this time. Your call is important to us. Please try your call at another time." I did email them and tell them to cancel the shipment, but I've got a feeling that's not going to work. If they ship it, I'll dispute the charges. It infuriates me, first with myself for falling for such a scam, and with them, for pulling it in the first place. And I saw them selling the product on QVC just a few weeks ago as well. I wonder if they're aware of what a scam Chaz Dean is running? Maybe I should post a complaint over there too!
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of May, 2008 by   Sandra +1 Votes
Same thing has happened to me! I used the product - didn't really see a difference in results I get with Tigi and by no means did the bottle last even close to a month! I emailed them to send me my money back. Instead, I got another shipment. I've emailed them 4 times already and like you, cannot get through on the phone line either. Does anyone have a suggestion what to do?
 15th of May, 2008 by   Liz 0 Votes
I am also having the same problem. I ordered the hair care system without realizing I was automatically being signed up for the "90 Day Club". I have been trying to cancel my order for weeks, but everythime I call I get the same response as noted by the poster above...that they are experieincing high call volume and my call is being disconnected.

I sent all of the product back to them, hoping to get a full refund on both the origianl 30 day kit and the 90 day kit, which have now cost me a total of over $130.00.

I am becoming increasingly infuriated by the fact that I feel like I have been scammed. I am at a loss as to have to get my money back and cancel my membership in the 90 day club. I do not want to be charged another $90 in a couple months when it is time for the next shipment of crappy product to arrive.
 16th of May, 2008 by   Melissa 0 Votes
The same thing just happened to me. I've tried several times to contact them by phone and email with no luck. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also tried to have the additonal charges to my bank account blocked. My bank informed me that they cannot block any future charges, but I can cancel my credit card and get a new one. This is so frustrating that I have to now take time to go to my bank, cancel my card, get a temporary card until I receive the new one in 7 to 10 business days. Unfortunately, this seems to be my only option in order to avoid the additonal $97.80 worth of additonal charges that I did not authorize Chaz Dean or Guthy Renker to bill me.
 20th of May, 2008 by   paige 0 Votes
i kept calling the chaz dean # throughout the day with the same "disconect" msg...but then i finally got a different msg telling me to hold for the next available service rep. i held for approx 20 min and got to talk to someone. i cancelled without issue (i hope) we shall see...if i dont get anymore shipments or charges. i didnt realize it was on autoship and i had went on qvc and ordered a gallon size of it. i actually had wonderful results and absoulutely love my results. just keep trying the #. i believe they have a large volume of calls.
 20th of May, 2008 by   Bnlasha 0 Votes
I'm snow suffering thru the same issue! What kind of crap company is this? I didn't realize it was autoship either and I got shipped before the 30 days was up. Everytime you call it auto-disconnects after the "we are experiencing high volume of calls" message. HELP!!!
 21st of May, 2008 by   tracy 0 Votes
i to felt like Ive been duped by chaz dean because i have been calling for days to cancel my order with the same results, because of high volumeof calls etc. while waiting what seemed like an eternity, i was reading these complaints and came across the one who said she talked to someone after 20 min., and decided to give it just that. after about 19 min., a live operator! I cancelled without any hassle! Try to be patient, count the minutes on a clock. Just sitting on hold seems like forever after 5 min. also the product is alright, nothing to write home about.
 23rd of May, 2008 by   Carla 0 Votes
Yes, I've had the same problem. I called Guthy Renker through the Victoria Principal number, I figured it is the same company handling the product..so why not. It worked!!! The operator was very friendly and took my information and said she would send it to that department. She said that the phone system ata gunthy renker has been redone and it's all mixed up. Try this number 880-545-5595.

I hope this helps.
 4th of Jun, 2008 by   Melissa 0 Votes
I DIDN'T HAVE TROUBLE AT ALL with cancelling my Wen order. I called the # given on the website, and I was on hold for maybe 3 minutes, and the representative was very helpful, and did everything I asked, and insured that I was satisfied. No, I don't like that I'm gonna be charged the other 2 installments on the 90-day package deal, that's a little odd, seeing as how I cancelled it. That's the only problem I had with the whole thing.

Hopefully everyone after me will have the same ease as I did.

Prov. 4:23
<><
 5th of Jun, 2008 by   Alexis 0 Votes
I totally agree!! I ordered it and still had some left over before my 30 day trial was up. So I called the number and asked them to send my 2nd refill on a later date, which they did. When I got billed the $37.90 for the next shipment I called again asking if I could stop the automatic billing & shipping. I wanted to call on my own when I felt I needed more since the product isn't something I use on a regular basis. The woman told me that's not how the policy works and the longest she can extend it to is every 6 months. I said fine. When I got my 2nd shipment in the mail a couple days ago I was surprised to see 2 huge bottles of the shampoo and the larger containers of the other products. I figured that once you were a regular customer past the 30 trial period you get more product for the same price...NOT!!! When I saw my bill it showed the $37.90 I was billed along with 3 more scheduled payments of $29.95. WTF!!!

Chaz Dean must be out of his gay mind to think anyone wants to pay that much for some shampoo that doesn't have gold in it. So I called and complained about it and the guy I spoke to was very quick to tell me that he would stop all future shipments, cancel my account, refund my money, and make a note that I will be sending the product back...all before I could tell him I want my money back and I'm sending this crap back to them. That made me realize they must have a lot of people complaining about that. He also said that their policy must not have been clear to me. Hell yeah it wasn't clear! They don't mention you will be paying over $100 after your trial period. So I'm sending this stuff back and I hope I have no issues with my refund.

For those of you having problems calling them. This is the number I used and I have had no problems whatsoever getting a hold of an agent------ 1-800-964-1892
 7th of Jun, 2008 by   Joan 0 Votes
I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE COMPLAINT. I just called the toll-free number for Chaz Dean/Guthy-Renker (800-964-1892)--on a Saturday morning, no less!--and was on hold for no more than 1 minute. I spoke with a very polite and helpful customer service rep named George and arranged to terminate the automatic shipments. (I love the product, but I'd prefer to order it through QVC, where I can get a larger size and not have to do auto-ship.) Naturally, as any CSR would do, George informed me of the options for spacing out future shipments to as few as 2 per year (every 6 months)--frankly, he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't do that! I simply and politely informed him that I wasn't interested in that. He then cancelled my auto-ship club membership. Easy as pie! I was VERY PLEASED with their customer service.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   Diana 0 Votes
I had no problems canceling my autoshipment. I called before my trial period was up and explained that I had already reordered the product through QVC as I was out and couldn't wait for the next shipment. They canceled with no problems. I do recall not being able to connect right away when I first tied to call, but that was most likely due to the fact that I called around noon which is normally a heavier call volume time for any company. I tried a few hours later with no problems.
 13th of Jun, 2008 by   tERRY 0 Votes
GO TO YOUR BANK. Stop any future withdrawals from your account by the company. THAT stops everything dead in its tracts. I had to do this with Infinite Mind and Guthy... and it works just fine!
 21st of Jun, 2008 by   Brandy Joy 0 Votes
I just called the 1-800-964-1892 customer service for chaz dean. Thanks for posting that number. I spoke to a very friendly/helpful service rep Sharon. Call the number if you're having any problems!
 8th of Jul, 2008 by   Edie 0 Votes
Same here. I NEVER signed up for the club I just bought the 30 day trial but they are telling me I did sign up for it. I wen to their site again and through the process of the 30 day trial and NO WHERE did it say I was committing to future orders. Clearly they are operating unethically and should be reported to The Better Business Bureau.
 18th of Jul, 2008 by   Adrienne 0 Votes
I just ordered through the phone yesterday morning. I was getting nervous because I wasn't getting a confirmation number for my order like you usually do with placing an order of this type. . After reading your complaints I got even more scared, so, I called the number that has been given on this blog and not only got through RIGHT AWAY but also expressed all my concerns to the customer rep and she was very helpful. She told me that I will not be getting a confirmation number but that I can call back in a couple of days to see where the shipment is. AND that after I get the product I can cancel the future shipments at ANY TIME. I remember that the rep told me you are signed up for the autoshipment when you place an order and she also told me that it can be cancelled at any time. . Please if you have any problems the number to call is 1-800-964-1892.
 19th of Jul, 2008 by   kelly 0 Votes
I ordered this product back on May 5. When it hadn't arrived by July 1 I called to get a refund. They expressed that it shipped the day prior - yeah, sure it did. We have since moved and still hadn't received shipment. Just today (July 19) I got a notice in my mailbox that I owe $4.88 shipping on a package from Chaz Dean! (This is 10 weeks after the order was placed!) I also got my cc statement today and my original $29.95 charge had been credited back to me and replaced with a charge of $37.95 - 1 of 3! When I placed the orginal order I refused the auto shipment option! When I called they said that my original shipment had been refused and returned to sender and then when they never heard back from me they just went forward with the auto-shipment (which I never authorized!). I had to contact my cc company to dispute the charges and then actually DID refuse the package this time. We'll see if they cancel my account as I demanded - but at least the cc company looks out for the consumer. Glad I didn't give them my personal bank account! Good luck to the rest of you - what a scam!
 21st of Jul, 2008 by   C Trost 0 Votes
If you want to cancel your membership with Chaz Dean Wen Haircare system just call this telephone number
1-800-964-1892. I agree with the people that you don't see any significant results, it seems to be another scam!
 29th of Jul, 2008 by   Christina Garrey 0 Votes
I love the product and my hair is very fine. For financial reasons I just had to cancel my auto ship and they answered immediately and without any challenge. They offered to suspend up to 6 months, but I did not want to forget that 6 months now...
 7th of Aug, 2008 by   Stephanie 0 Votes
THis company is INSANE!...First of all the stuff made my hair so greasy. Secondly I send back the second shipment and called to cancel auto ship. My card kept getting charged because the second shipment is 100 which they never tell you they are going to take at their leisure over the course of three months and at THREE TIMES the initial cost!! I called today and gave them hell, demanding my card be reiumbursed, then I sat on the phone with them and demanded they ERASE my information from their records. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICES!!
 14th of Aug, 2008 by   eric 0 Votes
I am also having the same problem. I ordered the hair care system without realizing I was automatically being signed up for the "90 Day Club". I also called before my trial period was up and explained I didn't want any more products, but they still charge my credit card. I am doing a dispute with my cc company and asking a charge back.

WSYX Columbus Coverage Being Used as Scam Source