logo

LK Jewelry Designs http://www.promolk.com
Horrible Quality Ring, Worse Customer Service, RIPPED OFF
2. (1 hr 9 mins ago)
Jenna, the Astrologer
Don't fall for her emails
3. (1 hr 35 mins ago)
Unauthorized charges

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Gurus2go Complaints & Reviews - Going with them was the worst decision I ever made!

Gurus2go Contacts & Informations

Gurus2go

Posted:    Valerie

Going with them was the worst decision I ever made!

I was appalled at the level of service that I hat gotten from Gurus2go. Four times I have a person scheduled to fix my computer and four times the jack off repair man seems too clueless to do anything productive. I swear, I'm not doing anything like that online ever again. Going with them was the worst decision I ever made.
Comments United States Computers & Accessories
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Gurus2go complaints
Gurus2go - Pay
Gurus2go - Poor ethics!

Comments

12th of Jan, 2007 by   J.D. Bryant 0 Votes
I am the president of Gurus2go and read your posting. We take customer service very seriously and if you feel the Guru we sent out was not qualified to properly fix your computer issue, I want to know about it. Please respond with your name so I can investigate this issue and personally resolve it to your satisfaction and ensure it does not happen to any other customers.

Sincerely,

J.D. Bryant
Gurus2go, LLC
866-487-8724 x600.
 27th of May, 2007 by   Aaron Curtis 0 Votes
I find that very strange, and suggest that you take J.D. up on his offer. I own a tech company and contract out to do work for Gurus2Go and know several other techs that do so, and can assure you that they only wish to send out competent techs to service their customers.

Unfortunately , ours is a field that anyone can claim to be a tech and the only way to know for sure is to give them a try; and if it doesn't work out, never use them again.
 19th of Aug, 2007 by   Kathleen Bass 0 Votes
I agree with your complaint. My guess is if the company doesn't care about its gurus, then it certainly will not care for its customers. My husband's company works for gurus2go. He flew all the way to Phoenix, AZ (1700 miles from home). His company has been run through the ringer with other companies charging on accounts and not paying. They have just gotten back "on their feet" after a few incidents and now this. It has been over a month since my husband's company performed work for gurus2go. He has yet to receive a paycheck and no one will return his calls or emails. This is ridiculous. This company seems to be running a great scam!
 24th of Jan, 2008 by   R Briggs 0 Votes
I'm a highly qualified tech in the Houston area. I was considering contracting my services to GURUS2GO, but it appears they don't have control in a few areas.
 26th of Mar, 2008 by   C Gustavus 0 Votes
I aggree with everyone above. I did work for Gurus2go for a few months and they never paid on time, I always had to call and find out where the check was...one time they never paid for two months, didn't return calls or e-mails until I threatend to take them to small claims court. I would be very careful if you do work with them.
 12th of Jun, 2008 by   Jim Ortega 0 Votes
I too did several jobs for Garus2go and wasted a lot of gas for nothing. They don' know what they're doing in setting up Jobs.
And for what they pay, its' not worth it. They would send Techs out to do menial work such as picking up Lunch for a job and no pay for the extras. I'm a former Engineer with 17 years experience and can work on any Computer, Laptop or Printer, NOT ATM Machines. Anyways I quit. Several of their pass customers have come to me complaining of the kids they send out who can barely spell computer much less repair them!! Use someone local and ask around for references, thats' your best bet. Geeks Squad is the same thing!
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   Dean Biddle 0 Votes
Hey, they try.
I have done jobs for them and still do if we have nothing better to do. I have spoken with J.D. and he is a strait forward guy. He has very plainly said to me "never turn down a normal paying job for one of their jobs."

Despite their screening process, they do have no way of knowing what tech is good until they try them out. If they get a complaint, they don't use that tech anymore. Heck, every dork, nerd and geek claims to be a "puter expert" and anyone can pass any test through cheating and then look like an expert on paper.

They have always paid us but it does take time. Maybe they have to wait for the funds to clear from the client and make sure they do not reverse charges or bounce checks.

Using local, with out references, is more risky than using them. Heck, I have one of the best references in the world, http://www.GuaranteedPCFIX.com/news but it is still a tough market and no one trusts easily and the home computer is an intimate part of their live.
People of experience (clients and computer people) say "ya right" to us but we have been on TV and we did not pay to be on TV. It was because I was tested and found to be honorable and honest.

The only gripe I have with Gurus2Go is they use overseas "techs" for their remote support. Ya, so what if they only have to pay them $1.99 an hour, (or per job... I can not remember what J.D. said but it was $1.99). People are sick of dealing with some guy who says his name is "John" and reads from a script.

People need to stand up and realize you get what you pay for and you PAY for what you get.
I wished they would team up with us and offer their clients our Guaranteed PC FIX, we have a higher renewal rate than any other computer repair business.
Anyways, I don't want to come off as an info mercial but I really think they try their best and are honorable.
 11th of Jul, 2010 by   OneDissapointedGuy 0 Votes
Gurus2Go is a a horrible company. I'm a former Gurus2Go technician with lots of experience and successful jobs under my belt. Gurus2Go deided to stiff me on payment based on a mistake that THEY made...NOT ME. Come to find out the notes in the system were actually doctored to make me look bad and so they could cover their mistakes. This type of work ethic I'm sure will carry over to their customer support. STAY AWAY.
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   SolTec 0 Votes
I have over 20 years of experience with computers and IT. I am not a construction person and I have done work for JD in the past and never had any problems with payment until recently. I've done numerous jobs and it took me nearly 6 months to get paid, and that was only after hounding accounts payable for my money. I offered to some installation work and ended up costing me nearly a grand to buy hammer drills and bits to install the equipment. Gurus didn't coordinate the installs and the client didn't do any on site survey's to make sure that I would have the proper tools and equipment to effectivly install the hardware and configure it.

I have spent money out of pocket recently to do some jobs and reimbursement was slow or stopped, until they needed me to travel and do installs. Getting travel expenses from them is like pulling eye teeth. JD no longer owns the company and the two women that do have no regard for the way their Gurus's are treated and payment of services is slower than the FDIC bailout of some banks. I think personally that they need to either reevaluate their practices or get out of the way and stop mucking up the water for legitimate companies doing technical support to consumers.

I have never been stiffed as one Guru claimed, but they're slower than molasses in February with paying me for work done. When JD owned the company I had money in hand within 21 days of the service order close, not 21 days till someone said, "we're closing it and you're scheduled to get paid now."

They're taking many jobs outside the scope and abilities of many IT personnel and asking them to do these jobs at their own expense of buying needed equipment and hardware to do the installations.

In my opinion, if you're a client thinking of doing business with Guru's, be aware, you may find the Guru unwilling or unable to absorb the costs associated with completing your contract. If you're a Guru, be advised that you may find yourself out of pocket for equipment to do installs outside the scope of IT.

I had to purchase grounding #6 wire at a cost of $200.00 a spool and I have yet to be reimbursed for it, since I can only bill Guru's by the footage used. I have purchased grounding rods for the #6 copper wire to install lightening arrestors on GPS systems. I had to buy two sledge hammers for pounding the grounding rods into the ground. Now I ask IT personnel, what in the world does an IT person need with a sledge hammer (don't answer that) computers that can't be fixed any other way, I know :) Also, I had to purchase a hammer drill and bits at a personal cost of over $300.00 and I won't be reimbursed for that, since it's equipment I can suposedly reuse, for what, dismantling old CRT's and 8088's and 8086's?

I know what I'm doing when it comes to computers and IT, but having to spend the first time to buy hardware for the installations of nearly 1/2 a grand and waiting for over 30 days for reimbursement of MY MONEY, and as much as 6 months for payment of work rendered to Guru's under the explanation of we're switching banks and there was an accounting mix up.

They have a clause in their service orders if it's not closed out properly or signed and faxed in, within a certain amount of time, you might forfeit payment or something to that effect!

Unless something changes drastically, I think I'm finished with Gurus2Go for good!

Michael Bragg, President
SolTec, LLC
Office: (308)210-9700
Cell: (308)920-2263
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   DonVito666 0 Votes
I'm a former internal Gurus2Go employee. I handled the dispatching of techs to repair sites and taking in customer's initial information. Of all my time doing tech support / call center work, this has to be the worst run projects ever. I got talked up about how much work there was going to be, but then...NOTHING. And I got the axe. The two head honchos running the show...in my opinion, were merely throwing money at a huge problem. They couldn't control their ticket flow and they couldn't control their contracts with the manufacturers. There were so many middlemen in this operation, a single customer would talk to half a dozen people before anything would get done with them. If we had the ability to control everything instead of having the ticket accepted from the manufacturer and then sent to us 24-48 hours later to then contact the customer, we'd have better results. But when the owner is saying they've lost 1.5 million and hasn't had a paycheck for about a year or so, you know things are bad. This job was a waste of my time and expertise. The people I worked with, for the most part, were good people, but management was horrible. If you're offered a job from them...I'd suggest looking elsewhere.
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   Nerds101 0 Votes
In all my years (20) as a network engineer we have ALWAYS been able to screen our prospective techs. It is called a hands on technical test, obviously they have never heard of this process. Weeds out the liars very quickly, especially if they take two hours to figure out how to change the desktop backgound!

You don't just give a tech a try, that will fail 100% of the time. Sounds like this company is just like the Geek Squad, yuk!
 11th of Mar, 2012 by   johnmartin 0 Votes
gurus2go sucks and the bottom line is they are still alive and doing well because they don't pay techs and just keep all the money from the customers
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   J Hernanez 0 Votes
G2G was bought and sold a few times. Currently owned by a woman who has turned the business around. The company is more in order then it has ever been and I stand behind that statement because I am a team member who makes that statement true. I would agree the payment process is dated but we are working to change that. To me G2G feedback is everything and if you feel you were burned in the time I have been here do not hesitate to call me. I have been here since May 2010 and know this company inside and out. John Martin I search for your name in our system and could not find you. passed or present. call me.

Juan Hernandez
Senior Service Manager
866-487-8724
 3rd of Apr, 2013 by   quicksilver5797 0 Votes
Gurus2Go is a scam artist company, they have no real techs and post all their jobs on third party platforms because once someone has worked with them they never come back. I have done some work for them, they are very stingy and don't pay for materials, if you go over on time that is to bad for you. They try to put most of their work orders flat fee so that you the tech no matter how long it takes will have to suffer. The biggest problem is most of the work you do for them they middle manned off another company, so you end up having to check-in and update 3 different companies plus g2g and then checkout with all of them as well. It is such a tedious process that at the end of your work order you just want the terror to end. I have never worked directly with them only through a 3rd party platform where money is in escrow these guys will lie and cheat out of anything.
 3rd of Apr, 2013 by   J Hernanez 0 Votes
Hello quicksilver. Give me a work order you took. I will look it to it. Most of our work is not flat rate and we do use 3rd parties but we mostly use our platform Gurus2Go.com. We do have a process but that is mostly for admin purposes.
 14th of Sep, 2013 by   TechGiant 0 Votes
I am tired of chasing gurus2go around and around to receive correct payment for assignments completed. It seems lately when a job runs over an hour, all I receive after 30 days is the compensation for 1 hour worth of work. I am now in the process of getting the balance of my money due to me. Wish me luck. Can't talk to anyone in accounts payable ever!!!
 16th of Sep, 2013 by   J Hernanez 0 Votes
Hello Tech Giant. Call me. 866.487.8724. If a mistake was made we will make it whole.

Thanks