logo

NetSpeand
Wont give me my money
4. (21 mins ago)
Netspend Prepaid Visa Card
Ripped off my money placed a hold on my account
5. (21 mins ago)
Lashea
lack of service & stolen money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

infurn beanbag seat

groupon
United Kingdom
groupon.co.uk
i ordered a bigboy giant bean bag seat in november, the item never turned up even though they had taken the money from my account. now when trying to contact the company Infurn their phone does not connect and they have not responded to any emails i have sent.

I have tried contacting Groupon and their number is a 0966 number which i cannot ring friom a mobile. They also have not responded to my emails. This is very unprofessional

I am a very dissapointed customer, as the item purchased was a xmas present for my daughter.
Comments United Kingdom Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jan, 2012 by   Valerie999 0 Votes
Both myself & a friend also ordered these beanbags from Infurn via Groupon. Likewise neither company are responding to e-mails & no delivery has been fulfilled. How many people have been scammed by this deal?? How do we go about getting our money back and exposing them?? It's a disagrace & nothing less than theft.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   jw36 0 Votes
I to have ordered 2 giant big boybeanbags from infurn via Groupon promotion at the start of November(6wk Delivery!) am still waiting to hear in January, when they might actually be delivered!!! Feel no -one is intersted now they have your money!!! is this a total scam as it certainly appears to be. A total disgrace. Groupon who introduced this sham of a company to us all through their national advertisng campaign should be doing alot more to sort this mess out .Will not be using Groupon again After this, they are acting as poorly as the companies they put forward to rip you off!!!
 9th of Jan, 2012 by   Philipcrolfe 0 Votes
I ordered a giant beanbag also in November for my daughter at university, for a Christmas present, i then paid the additional delivery charge. I have heard nothing after numerous email regarding the delivery. Groupon need to act upon this scam of a deal!

Philipcrolfe@hotmail.com
 10th of Jan, 2012 by   mgibson10 0 Votes
I, too, ordered this item through Groupon from INFURN and paid the extra delivery costs. I ordered on the 4th of November and was quoted delivery in week 49. Christmas came and went and I discovered delivery week had changed to week 02. Well, week 02 is here and still can't get any communication.
I'm passed the point of wanting the product now, I just want my money back - all £52.49 of it - or something like that!
Please inform me if anyone gets any news on this disgraceful "company".
Regards,
m.p.gibson@live.co.uk
 12th of Jan, 2012 by   SuzG 0 Votes
I am getting the same problem - no item received and unable to contact them! Their number cuts off after one ring - this company has dodgy written all over it! I want my money back and compensation for the hassle this has caused - time spent contacting them and having to go out and buy substitute Xmas presents because they have not met their promises! If anyone has another number for them or a way of contacting them I would love to hear!
 12th of Jan, 2012 by   nick2012 0 Votes
I, too, ordered this item through Groupon from INFURN, like you all paid 12.95 for delivery for the 6 weeks - tried to contact the company but no avail!!! Contacted GroupOn and they said they will send the company an email, nobody contacted me back!
Logged into their online account and it stated a delivery week 47 - this changed to 49 and now changed to 02 - but no contact and no tracking number soo doubt it will be here soon.

GroupOn need to sort this out !!
 16th of Jan, 2012 by   Hammy73 0 Votes
Like lots of other people I ordered a beanbag in November and am still awaiting delivery. I haven't had responses to emails or calls to Infurn. I've had delayed product delivery with Groupon before but it usually turns up, suppliers just aren't geared up for the response which Groupon creates. I blame both Groupon and the suppliers - Groupon surely have a responsiblity to prepare suppliers for the amount of orders they might get but the suppliers should cap it at a lower amount if they don't think they can meet demand. Ridiculous - I ordered mine for myself, glad it wasn't for a gift!
 16th of Jan, 2012 by   spencer adam hall 0 Votes
I appear to be just another in a long line of disappointed customers... My original order was placed on the 25th October and I am still awaiting news on prospective delivery. I cannot believe that 'companies' are allowed to trade in such an underhand manner with no sense of responsibility. I am not sure how to take my complaint further but I have every mind too. Infurn and the companies that trade with them have a joint responsibility to the customer and they both should be held accountable
spencerahall@btinternet.com
 18th of Jan, 2012 by   Sam86 0 Votes
Unfortunately I too have had exactly the same experiences as you guys. INFURN replied to my first email but gave me a bunch of excuses such as demand exceeded their expectations and that they have opened 2 more factories in the last month in Germany and this and that, they even sung their own praises saying that they have done "all of this" faster than any other company! Personally I felt they had a real cheak to big themselves up under such circumstances! I agree with the above, Groupon should prepare them for possible over orders but then the company should at least try and contact the customers to explain and appologise for delays. It would have been even better if they had fore warned customers when they realised so that they could cancel orders if needed as I am sure than many people bought them for christmas presents just as I did and ended up with disapointed faces. Sam
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   Sarah1980_uk 0 Votes
AVOID - No delivery, no communication.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Second delivery date has passed with the Bigboy bean bag not arriving.
Ordered beginning of November.
Have been lied to on the phone before CHristmas, saying that they were optimistic of Christmas delivery (a couple of days later, the delivery date was changed to week 3)!
Since then I have complained numerous times... I recieved one copied and pasted email (see below) which various people have recieved on other review sites, which did not answer any of my questions or concerns.
I have emailed on several occasions since then, and despite recieving the automated email message saying someone will reply to my message within 2 days, I have had no response.
I have tried all the phone numbers I can find for Infurn, and they are either not working or there is a message saying to email them.

I am now wondering if rather than just being a greedy company by overselling products, and missing delivery expectations that they are in fact fraudulent as I cannot contact them anymore.
So angry and dissapointed!

TBH - If the company could be bothered to contact me and actually tell me truth, I would not be that upset and I would be happy to wait, however its the false promises, and lack of correspondance that has made me so angry.

Groupon should be dealing with this - I will not be using either Groupon or Infurn again.
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   2007justinel 0 Votes
I haven't received my bean bag- ordered Nov 2011, so called Groupon who said they were contacted by Infurn before Christmas who said they were having a delay due to the demand and had given Groupon dates for delivery depending on the colour. Mine was purple and I have a prospective delivery date of 23 Jan to 05 Feb 2012. I was asked by Groupon to expect my delivery between these dates. if not received I will be calling and asking for a refund, including postage charge. This could be a BBC Watchdog cotabato shortly!
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   Sarah1980_uk 0 Votes
2007 Justinel - do you have the contact number for groupon?
Thanks!
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   samshep 0 Votes
I too ordered a Big Boy Bean Bag as far back as September. Was told the delivery date was to be in week 48 and I am still waiting. I have also received various automated e-mails trying to explain the delays through bottlenecks. I personally think this whole process has been inexcusable and that we should, as a group, do something about it.
 25th of Jan, 2012 by   HW_Girl 0 Votes
I am also part of this "scam" and requested a refund from GroupOn in early December, having read other comments from around Europe of INFURN's terrible delivery record. I have not received a refund to date, although I have chased. Yesterday, I received a generic email from GroupOn, telling me that INFURN were "kindly" offering me a £40 discount on my next order with them... Apparently the bean bags will be delivered in early March. I have replied to my customer service contact and said I do not wish to take up this offer, nor do I wish to wait until March, and have re-stated my request for a refund. We shall see...
 25th of Jan, 2012 by   Stella hates lies 0 Votes
I to have fallen for this "scam" I have been in contact with groupon and I do have now have a ticket number via e-mail what ever that means? I have been assured by Groupon that I will receive my 2 bags soon but could be up to 48 days not bad I suppose when I have already like others waited for over 60 days as stated in the fine print, I just wonder what a great holiday mr and mrs infurn must be having right now with all there hard worked for cash!! Come on Groupon get a grip this is and will be the sort of thing that is going to bring you down, I like others have had many great buys if this carry's on you will not be around for much longer the web quite a small place when you deal with things badly like you are doing.
 26th of Jan, 2012 by   ihategroupon +1 Votes
My infurn account says my bean bag has been passed to dhl for dispatch... with a tracking number... i called dhl, spoke to a nice lad called james who said i was the third person he has spoken to today about this. the tracking number is false and do not have any packages in the dhl network at the moment. WHAT THE F#%+*?G HELL IS GOING ON?
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   Piskyboo 0 Votes
I share your pain. We too have been waiting patiently for our infurn beanbag to arrive since ordering via the groupon offer on nov 3. About a week ago we got a Dhl tracking number and subsequently received an update via the infurn website indicating we would take delivery this week. The tracking numbers do not work, annoyingly, however after many weeks waiting we finally received our beanbag today via FedEx.. The beanbag is great and was worth the wait... Hopefully you will all receive yours very soon!
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   ihategroupon 0 Votes
Thanks piskyboo. I feel a little ashamed after my ladt post that i've been sucked in by the stupidity and paranoya by the masses. I don't hate groupon, my ladybug ipod docking station turned up and sounds great and while writing this i'm smoking my e-lites cigarette, i love them both. On the infurn website under the T&C's it says delivery can take up to 18 weeks and if i do not get my order after the 2nd delivery date i can request a refund (was first stated as wk 51 then changed to wk 04), so only if it doesn't arrive on monday do i have the right to ask for my money back because i agreed yo those T&C's as you all did, most probs without thinking anout or checking before you bad mouthed these 2 companies, which as of yet have done nothing wrong. you are right in that they cuold have put a limit on the ammount, i bought my groupon with about 5 mins to spare and over 140, 000 had been ordered. I class this as high demand so i would like to say sorry to infurn and groupon and tip my hat to them as i now expect it to arrive over the next few days, just as they said it would in the contract i entered in to when i bought it.
I'll next post on here when it arrives.
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   Chloe88 0 Votes
Hi, Just to let everyone know that this isn't a scam! I picked mine up from Parcel force earlier on! I was worrying just like everyone on this page, gone through all the problems that you are all going through but just hold out you will get it. When I went in to collect it there were a few boxes on the floor so people are receiving them. If collecting from a depot they come in large boxes. I managed to get mine into my mini with the 2 back seats down with a push. Just to warn you :)

It is well worth the wait!!! I want to replace my bed with it
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   ihategroupon 0 Votes
Well, i said i'd be back when it arrived and here i am.
IT'S THE BEST THING I'VE EVER BOUGHT!!!
I didn't check who the co were coz i was too excited and i don't care, all i do care about is that it got here.
Piskyboo put their order in on 3/11 mine went in on 5/11 so worked out about same ammount of time.
I LOVE YOU GROUPON, AND MY DOCKING STATION AND MY E-FAGS AND NOW MY FAVE GROUPON, MY BEAN BAG! YEAH!!

The IPCC is a Fraud