logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
sify mail id
mail id is not accessible
2. (5 mins ago)
ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
3. (10 mins ago)
Freebingo.com
I would recommend anyone thinking of joining and playing not to do so
4. (16 mins ago)

Fraud and scam

Great Expectations
Chicago, Illinois
ge-dating.com
I was given 3 days to decide if I wanted to keep the dating service, nothing was done with it. I still haven't done a thing with the service, they moved from downtown Chicago to Shaumberg even though I signed up for having access to Chicago. It's a 15 minutes train ride instead of 2 hours since I live in the city. This is fine to them and then they want me to pay for the service and I can't change my mind now as far as they're concerned since I was told by Jessica that they are a business and personal problems aren't their problem. I have never dealt with any business ever that operates that way. I was in a car accident last weekend and I need the money. I haven't used the service at all in any, way, shape or form and they won't refund my money. I want my money back since I signed up for a Chicago location that no longer exists, they knew of this move before I signed up since no one moves a business in a couple of days from the middle of the city to a suburb. This is false advertising and poor delivery of a poor product. All I have are words telling me of things that will happen, how can judge whether or not the service is worth anything without anything happening. They're holding me to letting so I shall do the same since they're not reasonable at all and are just here to hustle money or else they would be much more customer oriented.

They only use business and customer orientation when it's convenient which doesn't fly in my book as I don't operate that way nor have I ever. I signed up for a Chicago location to meet people in Chicago with events at their office located in Chicago, 15 minutes away. Now I have to travel 2 hours away to have my pictures and video taken and events at their location since it will be gone. Any time I have an issue I have to travel 2 hours if I can't reach them by phone and they want me to come in. They said they have excellent customer service... huh? I haven't even done anything with them and they're service is the worst I've experienced and seen. Instead of being able to use my bus pass to access events at their Chicago location and customer service, I have to spent money out of my pocket to travel 26 miles away. If they weren't hustling people then they wouldn't be so stiff and they wouldn't need a contract. They came up with lame reasons for the contract as I even gave them a way to do it without the contract and they said that it wouldn't work but without any logical backup since I caught her in her own BS.

I want my money back as I have used nothing of the service. The only thing I have received is lies, BS and poor service. I shouldn't have to pay for something that was known to be changing and isn't the same as what I had paid for in the agreement. Nothing was told to me about the move before signing the contract. I only received a call when I had to reschedule my photos and video because of the accident that I had to schedule with the Schaumberg office since the Chicago branch was closing. Why should I be held accountable for a business relationship agreement that has changed from what my understanding was when it was signed. This would be considered fraud if I'm not mistaken. Let me know if you have any questions as they were defensive when hearing about my request and not very friendly. She then asked how my weekend went after that so that she can make it look like she cares and I'm just being unreasonable which isn't the case.

I'm truly offended by this treatment and can't believe how she is nice one moment and then mean the next when the money is spoken of. Being defensive about it shows something is up here. I know they work on commission so she doesn't want to use it. She doesn't care if I'm happy with the service until it is a benefit for her. This is ridiculous and I would like to step away as I stepped into this mess and forget that it happened, thank you.
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Dec, 2009 by   Dallas Resident 0 Votes
My complaint reflects Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard's lawsuit against GE, "Unlawfully obtaining consumers' credit information as soon as they arrived at the Great Expectations office to meet with a representative, before they received a sales presentation or agreed to purchase a membership." See http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/06/az_ge.html

Great Expectations, Dallas office, requested my social security # & bank name on the pre-interview form. During the interview I provided 2 forms of ID (driver's license & credit card), the interviewer left the room. During the interview she commented on my lack of debt on my credit card, which was a bit spooky. After an otherwise professional interview and my decline to participate at $6995 + $295 for photos, I was quickly shown the way out. They kept my pre-interview form containing my social security #, bank name, and other information that might be used for identity theft!

The more I thought about it the more I realized it was a mistake to give my SS# & credit card before any agreement to participate.

After reading the multiple complaints of fruad and scams concering Great Expectations, I've put a Fruad Alert on my SS# at the 3 credit bureaus, requested a new credit card, and added a password to my credit card.

I'm also sending Great Expecations a certified letter stating my decline of their services, requesting that all my personal information be shredded, and requesting a written letter of confirmation that they have destroyed and not shared my personal information.

Here's another link to multiple complaints about Great Expectations
 18th of Apr, 2011 by   SMPATES 0 Votes
If anyone currently has complaints of coercive sales tactics, misrepresentations & deceptive practices with the Great Expectation Dating Service in Scottsdale AZ. -------

Please email your concerns to smpsc@yahoo.com Let me know if you would like to be part of a class action law suit filed with the office of the AZ AG?

Thank you.
 17th of Jul, 2014 by   mitch987 0 Votes
I just got off phone with lawyer. He said I owe $1800 they will settle for $900 . If I don't settle by Monday. Ge will sue me for$1800 plus addadditional courtcourt costcost of $2000 so $3800 total . What should I do ? I canclecanceled 2 ddays aafter and callcalled in to cancel I did not know I had to mail a letter . Help please I'm in illIllinois pcf33@Yahoo is my email

College Education for $1,000 a Year Only