Good Sam Extended Service Plan

Posted:

Failure to honor insurance claim

4.6
Good Sam Extended Service Plan
I had called the claims department to verify that repairs to my RV rooftop air conditioner would be covered, and they assured me it was. I submitted a cash paid receipt for the repairs in January, 2011 and now they are refusing to honor the claim. They sent me a request for additional information on February 14th, which I responded to the same day, and the claims representative actually told me he could just continue to say they never received it and not reimburse the claim. For my purposes, the ONLY reason to be a Good Sam member is for the insurance, and if the insurance is worthless, so is the Good Sam "club".
Complaint comments Comments (14) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

18th of Jul, 2011 by    +2 Votes
My wife and I bought the Good Sam Extended Warranty for our motorhome and jeep approximatly 8 months ago, we also purchased the extended seal and gaskets warranty. When we purchased the warranty I asked what we needed to do to meet the criteria of teh warranty if we should ever need it. The salesperson said "just be sure to keep all your maintenance records". The Saleperson also said we should make a list of things that need to be fixed so they all fall under one deductalble. They did not elaborate on anything else. About a week and a half ago we started hearing a knock in the motor so we had our o2 Jeep Loberty towed in and had teh service writer send in the info for the warranty. Good Sam sent an adjuster who marked down that we did not have the correct size tires on our vehicle and Good Sam denied the claim. Our vin # shows the vehicle came with 215/70R16 size tires, The Official Jeep Manual specifies that you Can use either 215/70R16 or 235/70R16 size tires which we have the latter. So we are using the correct size tires as specified by Jeep. The deniel is unjustified and prolonging our repair.
 10th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Approximate ONE YEAR after filing the original claim with them, I finally got a "good will" refund of $500 from GSEW after I complained long and loud via several consumer complaints venues. This represented the amount I had already paid out of pocket in excess of my deductible. One year is a ridiculously long time, and I am tired of dealing with businesses who treat customers like dirt. Even though they eventually sent me the coverage amount I paid for, I will NOT recommend Good Sam Extended Warranty service to anybody. Ever. Under any circumstances.
 16th of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Two years ago the A/C compressor went out on a used Class A motorhome we'd just bought. GSEW wouldn't replace the correct compressor. They put in a compressor for a Ford pick-up. It failed two years later and once again they wouldn't put the heavier duty compressor in, so I paid for it myself.
 15th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
to many complaints to list. i've had to fight tooth- and- nail to get any satisfaction. that was the first 6 months. i am currently trying to resolve another claim (month 10) and it is the same runaround as before. today i am going to cancel my extended service plan.
 22nd of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
Have not really had any bad issues with the extended service plan for 7 years. Have filed three legit claims and they were handled without any hard issues. On one I called back and asked the question as to whether or not the claim amount paid was correct and before I could finish the question the claim rep advised that he sees an error and will take care of it. Within 5 days I had the overpaid amount refund in my hand. Guess you could say no problem's so far.
 1st of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
My generator quit working while I was on vacation. I have been sitting in my sons driveway for 8 weeks now waiting for Good Sam Extwarantee to approve a replacement. The original repair shop (Ocean Breeze) in N.Hampton, NH, jerked me around for several weeks. Finally got Good Sam authorization for repair. I found out the Repair Shop was a rip-off and asked Good Sam if I could change repair facility. They agreed and it now has been two more weeks waiting for Good Sam to approve the repair/replace. From the new repair shop. I want a new generator and I will pay the difference ($300) between a new one and a new motor. The motor will take another 7-9 weeks to get. I am now considering buying the generator myself and trying to get the money back from Good Sam once I get back home. This has been a very expensive lesson. Good Sam extended Warrantee is horrible. They already approved $6400 for a replacement diesel motor but won't approve the same amount toward a new generator. In the meantime I am stuck in New Hampshire instead of my home in Alabama.
 23rd of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
last summer, my airstream was hit In a parking lot. called good sams insurance. told me to get it fixed, send estimate first. did all this and them the reimbursement was short $1000... a snotty kid explained that our airstream dealer gouged me and this is the way it is. my airstream dealer was the second oldest dealer in the us. good people . good sams insurance is b...s.
 2nd of Jul, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I'm a retired AF member located in Sunny Florida, my retirement gift to myself is a RV purchase. I did everything a smart first time buyer should do, get an independent inspection, along with documentation that the dealer provided that everything was mechanically sound. I wanted to be extra careful because the RV is used, so I called Good Sam and explained all my pre-checks, and asked if I was clear on purchasing a warranty with the assurance that Good Sam will cover me if anything goes wrong with the RV. The Representative said no preexisting issues will be flagged due to my inspections before I purchased the RV. My first trip out with my family, the brakes went out. Scared me to death. Called Good Sam and had it taken to the recommended services station. After mechanic looked at the RV and reported back to Good Sam, Good Sam denied coverage, reason is preexisting issues with RV. I called and asked manager to replay conversation on my purchase with warranty rep, and I have all documentation that proves they were not preexisting. Two months later waiting for an Good Sam inspector to re-exam issues. I'm soo tempted to contact better business and any other internet media to warn everyone about Good Sam. If it can happen to a 22yr Retired Military Vet, it can happen to anyone.
 5th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
I purchased a good sam care warranty in February of 2014 when I purchased our 2008 Fleetwood Expedition this cost me $6, 995 for a period of time that was never really explained to me. This motorhome was sold to me by Camping World of Syracuse, NY with only 20, 000 miles on it, well the motorhome was a LEMON. The first week we had the motors fail on the slides as we traveled to MN and one issue after another. The warrenty did step up and camping world of Syracuse did pay for the expedited shipment of the motors to MN.WOW that was our first trip with this MH, we also had a leaking roof issue around the AC well the warranty wouldn't cover that after several arguments Camping World did cover since we had the MH only 4 weeks by than. But we have had numerous other claims and DISAPPOINTMENTS from this warranty. Most recently we traded this MH in on a 2016 NOW when I cancelled the extended warranty policy (after 2 years almost to the day) they tell me there is no refund on the remainder of the policy becasue claims are deducted from the total cost of the policy, now my claims have been $11, 000 but isn't that why you buy a policy. WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP...why would you by an insurance that deducts claims? OH, I never received a copy of this policy after I had asked SEVERAL TIMES in the past when I had to dispute coverage on a claim. I think these policy are somewhat of a scam, they tell you it covers the motorhome stem to sten but when you have a claim you fight and fight to get coverage and when you move to another MH or camper they won't pay back. SO actually I really paid for most of my claims myself that warrenty really didn't cover much in the long run. I would have assumed that just like a car insurance if you wreck the car they pay if you have 1 year premium paid and you chose to cancel your policy and go somewhere else after the wreckage you would get your premiums back you had remaining of the coverage time. NOT THIS WATCH the campingworlds and the sam care program they will get you
 28th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
I sold my RV and cancelled my Good Sam Extended Service Plan. I just received my notice of cancellation which includes a $50 cancellation fee. I reread my contract and it is stated in there so I have no recourse.
It was an easy $50 for them but certainly leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
 2nd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
It amazes me that Camping World/Good Sam CEO Marcus Lemonis is seemingly unaware or just doesn't care about the huge volume of complaints in the Good Sam Extended Service plan.
Taking this one step further, the Camping World stores collectively have associates with the worst attitude in U-S retail.
Presumably Mr. Lemonis is aware of the worsening reputation of his operation. Why isn't something done?
A possible answer is that those of us with RV's are at a huge disadvantage. Camping World, with it's many locations, is frequently our only option for parts and repairs.
 12th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
I am considering of getting coverage for my 2005 Aspect Winnebego but after reading all the complaints regarding Good Sams I doubt that I will get coverage from them. CEOs really don't give a damn. All they are interested in is how much money they can line their pocket & laugh all the way to the bank-SUCKERS!!!
 7th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
We purchased this insurance for a used 2004 Dutchstar purchased at Syracuse Camping World in 2015. Syracuse assured us that the motorhome was all ready to go it is a great motorhome. We said we were going across country again they assured us it is all ready to go. First leg of the journey the jack warning buzzer came on, per camping world tech we put it in store. After staying in Colorado we hit Arizona the jack system went out totally, went to camping world in Bellmont, they checked the selinoids and said that was the problem, after many calls and pictures sent, we spent one extra week in camp grounds, Camping world said they would set us up in their lot, spent 12 days there before it was finally settled, circuit board, control panel, motor, selinoids., and by the way Good Sams will not pay for all, because some parts are obsolete, only pay for old part price, We paid $2400. to Camping World $2500. for the insurance and the jacks are still not fixed. Came home to NY took to camping world after 1 month and numerous calls they finally tell us that the jacks are bent that is the problem and by the way Good Sams will not pay for bent jacks. $2000. more. We feel that the insurance company misrepresented the coverage when we talked to them on the phone to purchase it. We sent letters to representatives for the review board and never got a response.This is a very short version of the problem and you can only imagine the stress involved with numerous phone calls and conversations with many different people trying to get answers. Buyer beware hope this helps someone else from making the same mistake we did.
 23rd of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
well, I called Good Sam and bought a 3 year extended service plan, which is supposed to kick in in 8 days from now.. I have not made the first payment yet, and after reading these comments, I will call them Monday morning and cancel. I might want to ask them first which credit card number they have on file (so that I can make sure they don't charge me $1500 for the first year, or $50 cancellation fee). Sounds like I found this page just in time. Thanks to all the posters.

Good Sam Extended Service Plan Logo Good Sam Extended Service Plan