Good Sam Extended service Plan

Failure to honor insurance claim

Good Sam Extended Service Plan
I had called the claims department to verify that repairs to my RV rooftop air conditioner would be covered, and they assured me it was. I submitted a cash paid receipt for the repairs in January, 2011 and now they are refusing to honor the claim. They sent me a request for additional information on February 14th, which I responded to the same day, and the claims representative actually told me he could just continue to say they never received it and not reimburse the claim. For my purposes, the ONLY reason to be a Good Sam member is for the insurance, and if the insurance is worthless, so is the Good Sam "club".
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?
More Good Sam Extended service Plan Complaints & Reviews
Good Sam Extended service Plan - Falure to honor warranty [1]

18th of Jul, 2011 by    +1 Votes
My wife and I bought the Good Sam Extended Warranty for our motorhome and jeep approximatly 8 months ago, we also purchased the extended seal and gaskets warranty. When we purchased the warranty I asked what we needed to do to meet the criteria of teh warranty if we should ever need it. The salesperson said "just be sure to keep all your maintenance records". The Saleperson also said we should make a list of things that need to be fixed so they all fall under one deductalble. They did not elaborate on anything else. About a week and a half ago we started hearing a knock in the motor so we had our o2 Jeep Loberty towed in and had teh service writer send in the info for the warranty. Good Sam sent an adjuster who marked down that we did not have the correct size tires on our vehicle and Good Sam denied the claim. Our vin # shows the vehicle came with 215/70R16 size tires, The Official Jeep Manual specifies that you Can use either 215/70R16 or 235/70R16 size tires which we have the latter. So we are using the correct size tires as specified by Jeep. The deniel is unjustified and prolonging our repair.
 10th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Approximate ONE YEAR after filing the original claim with them, I finally got a "good will" refund of $500 from GSEW after I complained long and loud via several consumer complaints venues. This represented the amount I had already paid out of pocket in excess of my deductible. One year is a ridiculously long time, and I am tired of dealing with businesses who treat customers like dirt. Even though they eventually sent me the coverage amount I paid for, I will NOT recommend Good Sam Extended Warranty service to anybody. Ever. Under any circumstances.
 16th of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Two years ago the A/C compressor went out on a used Class A motorhome we'd just bought. GSEW wouldn't replace the correct compressor. They put in a compressor for a Ford pick-up. It failed two years later and once again they wouldn't put the heavier duty compressor in, so I paid for it myself.
 15th of Jan, 2014 by    +1 Votes
to many complaints to list. i've had to fight tooth- and- nail to get any satisfaction. that was the first 6 months. i am currently trying to resolve another claim (month 10) and it is the same runaround as before. today i am going to cancel my extended service plan.
 22nd of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
Have not really had any bad issues with the extended service plan for 7 years. Have filed three legit claims and they were handled without any hard issues. On one I called back and asked the question as to whether or not the claim amount paid was correct and before I could finish the question the claim rep advised that he sees an error and will take care of it. Within 5 days I had the overpaid amount refund in my hand. Guess you could say no problem's so far.
 1st of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
My generator quit working while I was on vacation. I have been sitting in my sons driveway for 8 weeks now waiting for Good Sam Extwarantee to approve a replacement. The original repair shop (Ocean Breeze) in N.Hampton, NH, jerked me around for several weeks. Finally got Good Sam authorization for repair. I found out the Repair Shop was a rip-off and asked Good Sam if I could change repair facility. They agreed and it now has been two more weeks waiting for Good Sam to approve the repair/replace. From the new repair shop. I want a new generator and I will pay the difference ($300) between a new one and a new motor. The motor will take another 7-9 weeks to get. I am now considering buying the generator myself and trying to get the money back from Good Sam once I get back home. This has been a very expensive lesson. Good Sam extended Warrantee is horrible. They already approved $6400 for a replacement diesel motor but won't approve the same amount toward a new generator. In the meantime I am stuck in New Hampshire instead of my home in Alabama.
 23rd of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
last summer, my airstream was hit In a parking lot. called good sams insurance. told me to get it fixed, send estimate first. did all this and them the reimbursement was short $1000... a snotty kid explained that our airstream dealer gouged me and this is the way it is. my airstream dealer was the second oldest dealer in the us. good people . good sams insurance is b...s.
 2nd of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I'm a retired AF member located in Sunny Florida, my retirement gift to myself is a RV purchase. I did everything a smart first time buyer should do, get an independent inspection, along with documentation that the dealer provided that everything was mechanically sound. I wanted to be extra careful because the RV is used, so I called Good Sam and explained all my pre-checks, and asked if I was clear on purchasing a warranty with the assurance that Good Sam will cover me if anything goes wrong with the RV. The Representative said no preexisting issues will be flagged due to my inspections before I purchased the RV. My first trip out with my family, the brakes went out. Scared me to death. Called Good Sam and had it taken to the recommended services station. After mechanic looked at the RV and reported back to Good Sam, Good Sam denied coverage, reason is preexisting issues with RV. I called and asked manager to replay conversation on my purchase with warranty rep, and I have all documentation that proves they were not preexisting. Two months later waiting for an Good Sam inspector to re-exam issues. I'm soo tempted to contact better business and any other internet media to warn everyone about Good Sam. If it can happen to a 22yr Retired Military Vet, it can happen to anyone.

Contact Us