logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Lottery Mobile Draw UK
1,820,000 Pound win, where did they get my number? Are they legit?
2. (28 mins ago)
GE Profile
Stay away
3. (40 mins ago)
MTC Truck Driver Training
services not complete and discrimination
4. (55 mins ago)
Plenty of Fish
abusive dating site, removes profiles with no explanation, supports predators...
5. (1 hr 1 mins ago)

Global Discovery Vacations Complaints & Reviews - I fear we got ripped off

Global Discovery Vacations Contacts & Informations

Global Discovery Vacations

Posted:    Takovane

I fear we got ripped off

Global Discovery Vacations
globaldiscoveryvacations.com
Your Scottsdale, AZ office has been closed and the phones are shut off as well. Your Kansas office phone does not work nor does the 800 membership phone number. We paid $5K for a package and fear we got ripped off as other customers claim.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jul, 2010 by   kim wallechwhite 0 Votes
Dear Takovan,
Hi, my name is Kim Wallech-White, and let me tell you that you did not get ripped off.While Im not sure about the offices your talking about being closed, let me give you Globals phone number that I always use.This phone number is 1-800-411-9027.Explain to the woman what your looking to do and they will connect you to the right place.However you can email me and this invite goes to everyone who loves, hates, misunderstands or is just looking to discuss Global. I truely and whole heartedly love my membership to the point I bought another, I now own 11 stars.This means Global Connections each and every year for the rest of my life will give me at a 97 percent success rate to go when and where I want to go for 11 weeks of vacation.Iknow what your thinking, who has that much vacation time.While I wish I had 11 weeks, but I I only have 5.I know, I know only 5?, but hey, Ive been at my job for 30 yrs, so I deserve it. Oh, by the way my email address is PSYCOKW@AOL.COM
Now, with an email that reads psycokw I always feel the need to explain the email address, so just bare with me.My son at the age
of 7 yrs (he is now 23)decided I needed an email address and he was just the one to make one up, and needless to say couldnt spell psycho correctly.Why did he think I was psycho?What child at the age of 7 doesnt think their parents are a little crazy?
O.K. back to Global, if you notice most of the complaints are about
the free gift and I totally agree with those complaints.Global connections needed to address those complaints and they did.For the average consumer who knows nothing about Global and they do a little research, well where do most poeople go to, the complaints or bbc and they see all these complaints about the free gift, they, as well as I would have, assume that the companys
gift is a reprecentation of Global itself.IT IS NOT!I DO BELEIVE GLOBAL IS ALOT AT FAULT FOR THE BAD COMPLAINTS THEY RECEIVE ONLY BECAUSE OF THE FREE GIFT.SO, they now give you for viewing the travel club(NOT A TIMESHARE, THERE IS A MAGOR DIFFERENCE) a free week(a 200$ deposit is placed on a credit card which you get back 14 days after your week is completed or if you cancel the free trip)( however if you do any damage to the property the deposit is forfeited)
Now I also agree with the complaints about different offices set up here and there and thats probably what has happened to you with the fact you cant get ahold of anyone.However, call the number above and they will connect you to the right place.I think, but honestly do not know, they must pay someone (whoever), to gather a group of people at their own discresion and set up house and get the consumer to sit in on a presentation.However, GLOBAL needs to realize perception is reality to most people and the consumer assumes that whatever their sales person is telling them is wholier than thou..IF YOU LEARN ONE THING ABOUT GLOBAL FROM THIS LENGHTLY MESSAGE, ITS THE EXACT SAME THING YOU SHOULD LEARN ABOUT LIFE !!! HERE IS THE MESSAGE !!!
IF IT IS NOT WRITTEN DOWN IN A CONTRACT IT NEVERRRRRR HAPPENED!!! IT WILL ALWAYS BE THE SAME THING, WELL HE SAID BLAH BLAH BLAH
NOW the great thing about Global
1.THEY GUARENTEE TO GET YOU TO YOUR DESTINATION OF YOUR CHOICE 97 PERCENT OF THE TIME WHEN AND WHERE
YOU WANT TO GO.however, some people get this confused with their choice of resorts, For example, I put a request in (by fax and received a phone call within 24 hrs confirming they received my fax, you can also mail or email a request)The request was for Maui for 2 weeks in April and K aui for 1 week concurrent to Maui.I gave them exact dates, but not a resort, why not a resort?because, they only guarentee my destination of choice, not my resort.They called me and offered me several choices which I looked up online thru their link they offered and booked THE KAANAPALI BEACH RESORT ON MAUI AND THE POIPU POINT RESORT ON KAUI .HERE IS THE AMAZING POINT WITH GLOBAL CONNECTIONS .I LIKE TO PLAY A LITTLE GAME AND I ALWAYS LOOK UP TO SEE HOW MUCH IT WOULD HAVE COST ME TO STAY THERE.(meaning wherever they booked me)
So I looked up boh resorts and the figures are for Kaanapali resort
staying two weeks cost over 6, 000.00$ in a garden view and 7, 500.00 $ for 2 weeks in an ocean front room .HERE ARE MY FEES 389.00$ 1 TIME FEE PER YEAR, BUT ONLY IF YOU USE YOUR MEMBERSHIP THAT YEAR TRY DOING THAT WITH A TIMESHARE 96.00$ PER EACH WEEK (this is processinfg fee)
( for a total of 192.00$)a 6 star membership with the first membership which is the only one Im using for this trip so far)
these rooms are all 1 bedroom that I have choosen to stay in.Now
for Kaui fees I only pay (96.00 $) (this is for 1 week stay processing fee )I do not pay the 389.00 fee because its only a one time fee per year and ONLY if you travel within that year.Again I called POIPU POINT RESORT AND LOOKED ONLINE AND THEIR FEE IS 429.00$ PER NIGHT FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF OVER 3, 000.00$ AFTER TAXES. SOOOOO!!!HERE THE FACTS!!! MY TOTAL FOR 3 WEEKS IN HAWAII 687.00$ (ACTUALLY I never pay my 389.00$ activity fee because I always give a star to a co-worker and she is happy to pay my 389.00$ fee plus 96.00$ to go on vacation, but for all sakes and purposes lets pretend I paid the 389.00$ fee myself.SO AGAIN FOR 3 WEEKS IN HAWAII MY COST =687.00
RESORTS COST FOR 3 WEEKS-=OVER 10, 000.00$ IS GLOBAL WORTH IT? YOU TELL ME!!!
THE FUNNY THING IS IVE READ THESE COMMENTS PEOPLE SAY I WORK FOR GLOBAL AND GLOBAL IS A SKAM AND BLAH BLAH BLAH I DO NOT WORK FOR GLOBAL, BUT FEEL I PROBABLY COULD WRITE MY ROOM FEE OFF ON MY TAXES BECAUSE WHILE IM ON VACATION I NEVER SHUT UP ABOUT GLOBAL SO, HONESTLY DO NOT LISTEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE ANGRY ABOUT THE FREE GIFTS THEY HAD TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS TO GET ONLY TO REALIZE IT WASNT WORTH THE EFFORT, BECAUSE I CANT FAULT THEM FOR THER COMPLAINTS ABOUT THAT THEY ARE VALID.AND THINK ABOUT THIS WHY DID WE ALL GO LOOK AT GLOBAL ?BECAUSE WE WANTED A FREE TRIP FOR 1 WEEK .YOU HAVE JUST PURCHASED YOURSELF A LIFETIME OF AWSOME VACATIONS, TRUE IT DOES SOUND TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THATS WHY I STARTED OUT WITH 1 STAR, AND NOW WE HAVE 2 MEMBERSHIP WITH A TOTAL OF 11 STARS.WE HAVE BEEN TO HAWAII 4 TIMES NOT COUNTING NEXT YRS 3 WEEKS, CANCUN, DISNEY, CRUISES WITH GLOBAL., COMPASS COVE IN MYRTLE WHITE OAK LODGE RESORT IN GATKLINBURG, SUNSET BAY IN OCEAN CITY, SEA TIME IN OCEAN CITY, SANDS RESORT IN MYRTLE, STAYED ON THE STRIP IN VEGAS, I COULD GO ON AND ON.PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME ID LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by   EStout 0 Votes
Takovan,

This is Eric Stout, I am the Operations Manager at Global Connections. Our member services phone number is 800-879-7779, or you can call me directly at (913) 660-7780. We hope to hear from you soon and look forward to servicing your travel needs.

Eric Stout
Operations Manager
Global Connections, Inc
 31st of Dec, 2010 by   Laufting ed 0 Votes
Global connection post presentation gift is useful joke. One air round trip for two and two nights in Marriott hotel in reality sound this way; you have to depart only on Monday or Tuesday definitely after 3pm and return in two days departing 6am cha cha cha so how many days you really have??? ONE baby only ONE and only in the middle of the week and of course it can, t be used in the busy season.
And for this B.S. you have to apply 90 days before your trip no later and send them a 50$ money order per each person. What the perfect brain wash. P.S We did attend the representation in Gurnee, il 12-2010
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   EStout 0 Votes
Laufting ed

The promotions that you mention are provided by marketing companies. I would be happy to put you in touch with a representative that would be able to answer any questions that you have about the promotions you received for attending the presentation. If you have any other questions about the about our travel membership, I would be more than happy to answer them. My phone number is (913) 660-7780.

Eric Stout