logo

Greatandhra.com
Actual truth is Its No 0 sit
3. (4 mins ago)
www.betterents.com
They sent me completely wrong order – the colour and design isn’t what I ordered
4. (12 mins ago)

Posted:    Unhappy customer#20

Wrong evaluation

Global Credential Evaluators
Texas
Stay away from this disfunctional family run business! They do wrong evaluations and do not reply to emails. When accosted with the truth, they make false statements and later apologize, but stand by their wrong evaluations. The family is made up of Michael Ringer, Jean ringer, Rhonda Ringer and a host of Ringer grand kids. BE WARNED!
Comments United States Education
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Oct, 2009 by   GCE, Inc -1 Votes
Dysfunctional? Thats nice, Though there isn't a single Grand Child working for the company. The nice thing about the internet is you can make false acusations annonymously. Our evaluations are based on the latest research we have available to us. I am sorry if you feel we where incorrect on our evalaution. If you really feel that we have done an inacurate evalaution i invite you to complain to NACES about us.
 22nd of Oct, 2009 by   ShellyMei 0 Votes
I really need you guys' help. so badly.
i do not know what to do now at ALL with my high school GPA.
Do you guys do pre-evaluation?
i want to make sure that you guys can actually rise my GPA after the evaluation.
Because i do not want to pay several hundred dollars and not getting anything done.
Can you please answer my questions? Thanks
 10th of Nov, 2009 by   GCE, Inc -1 Votes
Shelly,

We do not due pre-evalautions. Please contact me at through our website and I will help you as best as I can.
 19th of Feb, 2010 by   Faculty/Teacher +1 Votes
The complain is absolutely correct; they don't respond to emails; put your call on hold until you disconnect; very slow response. These people are not working professionally. I will contact NACES and if they will not listen then talk to DoE/DoL.

Faculty
 16th of Mar, 2010 by   dkkkkkk +1 Votes
The complaints are absolutely correct, i wont advice someone to use this company's evaluation because they do undetailed evaluation and when u complain through email they never respond...Their staff are also so rude and they even hang up on customers...I regret so much wasting my money and using this company.I wish i had followed the previous blogs.
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   TITI1 +2 Votes
They don' know what they are doing. They gave me an inaccurate evaluation and contacted NACES. Mr. Jean Ringer was told to deal with it but he kept on giving me a shitty reasons so gave the same document to WES and guess what my evaluation was correct now. Both WES and GCE are members of the NACES and so how come their evaluation is different?
BE CAREFUL GCE evaluators are so unprofessional and don't know anything about evaluation. No wonder collages don't recommend them
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   Russian Girl +1 Votes
I wished we had used a different company. They do not respond to emails and they are so sloooooow in getting the results. Even the college said that they do not recommend this company. The biggest complain is that they were missing some information and instead of calling or emailing, they waited a month before contacting the customer causing the customer to miss a semester. They just don't seem to have it together.
 9th of Jan, 2012 by   angrymastiff +1 Votes
I also used this company to evaluate my transcripts and i wasnt satisfied by their evaluation. They took off 1 credit per subjects in my original transcript. When i confronted and complained they simply give this answer that it is truly normal for them to do that. For a subject with 3 credits they just evaluated it as a 2 credit subject. If wont use this company again.
 29th of Apr, 2012 by   Bezauberndejenny +2 Votes
I am having trouble with them right now. they evaluated my college transcript into a high school transcript!!! I am from Europe and our grading system is completely different, but they didn't consider that (or maybe don't have a clew?) in the eval. I wanted to transfer credits to my American college, which is useless as they made not only mistakes but also put totally incorrect information in the evaluation that was never mentioned in my transcript. I called 5 times, and send my email 3 times. no one ever responded. that's been a month now. it's shocking, I am not sure what to do as I am not from this country and don't know about my rights here. unbelievable!
 24th of May, 2012 by   Mkki -2 Votes
I'm a repeat customer of GCE.
I'm very happy with their service and the evaluations.
A . they never made any mistakes and always provided very accurate up to date knowledgeable evaluations.
I referred friends in my immigrant community to them and they are also very happy with the evaluations.

No business is 100% without an error. All in all GCE is great, . They are NACES member service so their evaluations are widely accepted.
People with Diploma Mill degrees are trying to pass the degrees as legitimate and usually GCE will not evaluate their degrees.
Try ECE and you will find out the hard way how GCE is much better.
A friend with MBA from Herriot Watt University EBS was evaluated as US equivalent to Associate degree by ECE.
I'm sure GCE would have done justice to HWU EBS MBA and evaluated it accordingly.

All my phone calls are always returned if I live voice mail, my emails get answered and when they mailed to me my evaluation they emailed tracking info so I kne exactly when the evaluation will arrive.

I will continue referring my colleagues to GCE for their credential evaluation needs.
In my book GCE gets 5 stars.
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   natty05 +2 Votes
I wish I had found this post before ordering evaluation from this company. They claim they are going to process your case within 14 days whereas in my case i contacted them after 3 weeks myself only to find out that they "don't have one paper". That paper was sent to them 3 weeks before and they sent me an e-mail after saying that everything has been received and is forwarded to the evaluator. If I had not inquired i don't know how long the paper would be sitting there. And they did not even apologize. I didn't know it was family run, submitted a complaint but i guess it's not gonna help! I am contacting NACES and suggest all dissatisfied "valued" customers should do the same.
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   Mkki 0 Votes
It takes 14 working days, 5 work days a week.
They offer for extra pay a faster service.
WE had just another person, mt wife to evaluate her new European Degree.
The GCE service was as expected, flawless and excellent.
I will contact NACES and so all the satisfied customers we referred to as well to support GCE.
 24th of Sep, 2012 by   another unsatisfied GCE customer +2 Votes
Congratulation GCE!!! You have got another dissatisfied customer. I wish I could find this reviews before ordering course-by-course evaluation from GCE. After spending almost $200 and almost three weeks I got only useless 3 pages of paper. They cut my original foreign credentials by more than three times and they affirmed that the evaluation was prepared according to the company policy and NACES standards. OK, I understand these all policies and standards. But if you cannot use this evaluation prepared on the basis of these standards anywhere and if any US College and University DO NOT accept your credits because each courses shown less than 3 credit hours, where is the sense of preparing this kind of evaluation report, and spending money and time on it???
I called twice and asked manager or someone else who can answer to my questions, but NO instead of to call somebody they told me that their managers are too busy and they will call me back later. No calls back at all. Yes, I got response, but only by email.
Dear GCE PRESIDENT or whatever you call, please do not spend your precious time and response to my complaint. It is not necessary to explain me again why you cut my real taken hours.
Everybody think 1000 times before ordering evaluation from this company.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYBODY.
 9th of Feb, 2013 by   JohnBosc +1 Votes
Their online application process is terrible. I wonder why they should make money and provide bad service. It is annoying!
 26th of Feb, 2013 by   MillyB +1 Votes
It is unfortunate that States farm out evaluations to third parties. This is the main reason for these constant complaint issues.
 6th of Apr, 2013 by   Carrot21 0 Votes
I do not recommend this service. They have a very dysfunctional business model and are not competent. They made a very basic error on my evaluation and it was subsequently next to impossible to contact them to arrange to have it corrected. It is impossible to contact them by phone and they don't reply to emails. This is going to result in my visa application being delayed by at at least 3 weeks and will likely result in late fees.
 22nd of May, 2013 by   Reasonable Customer 0 Votes
I agree with the complaints. I should have researched them before getting their services. My evaluated transcript was not delivered to the college admissions and records because of error in the way the shipping label was written. Where in the world have you ever seen the Attention line come after the street address???. And yet Michael Ringer continued to claim it was the correct way to write shipping label. Never admitted the shipping label was wrong, and just blamed me and USPS. Very unprofessional. I can imagine it is a family business ran by grandma and the kids based on my phone conversations. The younger lady who answer was very rude and not helpful at all. I have already filed a complaint to BBB. I will file a complaint to NACES too.
 23rd of May, 2013 by   Reasonable Customer 0 Votes
ATTENTION: MR. MICHAEL RINGER
GLOBAL CREDENTIAL EVALUATORS
P.O. Box 9203
College Station, TX 77842

This is how to write proper mailing address according to USPS:

Please note under the TIPS section: --Always put the attention line on top -- never below the city and state or in the bottom corner of your mailpiece.

I'm sorry that you have been writing mailing addresses incorrectly for the last 5 years. And the fact that only a few have had delivery problems does not confirm that you are doing it the right way. In fact it should have alerted you that something is amiss in your method of shipment labeling.

You might need to do further research as well on customer service 101. You can start by having a helpful attitude towards customers instead of insisting to do things your way.

Sincerely,
A customer that is always right
 8th of Jan, 2014 by   Harry1234 0 Votes
another screw up by GCE. Dont fall for the one day rush service. one day rush hour service = more than three days for evaluation and three days for postal. 1 day rush hour = 6 days . weather was bad in NE so I went for GCE even after reading bad reviews. I tried to call the customer care and she hang up on me. Their phone line is so crappy and it is always noisy. Basically I spent $360 and still night mare from them. It is a scam and I am going to report to NACES.
 8th of Jan, 2014 by   Harry1234 0 Votes
I found out new information from GCE. 1 day rush service with fax means it is the time taken for evaluation. So if you submitted your documents online, clock does not start. Clock start when the evaluation starts. Suppose you submitted today and evaluator picks up document after a week, clock will start from that day. He will take one day to evaluate and he will fax the documents next day. What a scam. they are charging $200 for this.

Malicious Anti-virus Scams