logo

Supra Cleanse 350
Company charged me for $99.99 without my notice
3. (20 mins ago)
Optimal Hosting Ltd
They didn’t create the website and no refund was provided
4. (30 mins ago)

GKR Karate

Posted: 2011-09-02 by    tamgdek

Pyramid scheme

GKR Karate
GKR Karate is nothing but a pyramid scheme. It encourages people to give up their jobs to go knocking on doors to recruit new members.

The Karate is sports based and very watered down but they sell it as teaching you self defence.

I know several people who have lost theis marriages because of these people. They get you to do more and more promising you the earth but the truth is the only people who earn are those few at the top. I lost my house because of these people.

They lurk outside job centres to recruit people to go door knocking. Please don't get fooled by these con artists.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Sep, 2011 by   Blakebelt, 0 Votes
I joined the jkr karate, and trained for a while, not knowing that my instructor was a White belt, , in a back belt, I don't blame him it's grk it's a pyramid scam the instructors do it for free, so mr kanco The founder can live the life of luxury, With his helicopters .let me tell you it's a scam the belts mean nothing, turn up at grading and you will get one, I feel for the instructors, like me, who put all the effort in for a false fake system .
 16th of Feb, 2012 by   matb +1 Votes
This is complete bullshit. GKR is NOT a pyramid scheme and never in the history of the club has any white belt been an instructor.
Read this article to find out why GKR is NOT a pyramid scheme:
Kancho has never owned a helicopter. Our belts are as meaningful as any other club's - at every grading people fail, and I take my black belt to any other club and I am not out of place. This is just another bitter loser who couldn't hack it.
 28th of Feb, 2012 by   Hallam 0 Votes
its £50 for lifetime membership + £4-6 for 90min sessions. I dont see how this can be a scam. I have a very good instructor and am really glad i joined up! Additional costs are buying your oen Gi (doens need to be from GKR) and the grading fee. It wouldnt be the biggest Karate club in the world if it was as bad as you say...
 5th of Jun, 2012 by   PeteLiarson +1 Votes

it's an MLM scheme. You aren't getting good Karate out of it unless the teachers came across from another discipline.
It's only the biggest Karate club as the SDC's ram memberships down people's throats until they get 20 members per week. Say there is 50 regions, each region has 5 SDC's and each SDC gets 5 members per week. That magically makes 1250 members per week...or 65, 000 a year...amazing really isn't it, maintaining a flawed business using hard selling really works...for a while.
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   Peter Taylor +1 Votes
I trained with GKR in the UK last year 2012 and found them to be primarily a childrens club. Children will
get a 'fairly' basic level of training in the Okinawan styles of Shotokan and Goju. GKR is mostly 'biased' towards Shotokan, and very slightly influenced by Goju 'hard soft style'. The level of training you will recieve in a GKR club really depends on the 'Sensei' taking the classes, and what he or she is allowed to teach. I would not train with GKR if you are looking for a 'high' level of training in Okinawan karate, but it is better than nothing, and can give you a 'basic' understanding of self defence only.
If i was to give my own 'Personal' thoughts about GKR, i would say choose a better club and don't waste your money.

Auto Repair Scam (Funny)