logo

Posted:    Nina

Bad service

GearXS.com
gearxs.com
Mouse was DOA and it took two calls and 5 different people to finally determine that it was dead. They would only refund the price of the mouse and not the shipping. The return price of the mouse was more than the refund...all I can say is byer beware!! Never again if I can help it.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009 by   Jacob 0 Votes
I bought a Logitech mini mouse from this company on eBay. It quit working after a week. I had to send them two emails to ask for return instructions. They are slow to reply to a problem. Then, to get an RMA number, you have to follow 20 rules on their request page and fill out a lengthy form with information they already have. Then it takes two days to get a number. They don't refund return shipping and you have to pay shipping again on the replacement. The item price was fair but the shipping was more than the item price. If you buy from this company, you had better hope that you don't have a problem with your purchase.
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by   bob 0 Votes
I've shopped there several times over the last year. I didn't have the same experience. Everyone I talked to was helpful and the products were way cheap for what I got
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   guest4000 +1 Votes
There are mountains of bad feedback on the net for GearXS. They're borderline scam artists. People are angry. They ship out broken/defective merchandise, hope the customer doesn't notice/care enough to go through the trouble of reporting it, and if they do, they make them pay for return shipping and give only partial refunds. It's pretty horrible. And then you get the company spamming sites like pricewatch with positive reviews to keep their rating from getting too low. Always avoid GearXS; hopefully, they'll go out of business in the near future (and if they keep up like they have been they *will*).

More info here: http://wavingalien.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1057
 17th of Aug, 2009 by   Michael +1 Votes
Stay away from iKOR Design! This company also operates under different names such as GEARXS. You do the web search and the product is listed as "new":

You go to the company's web site, and there is no mentioning of the product as being refurbished:
This page can take you directly to the order form by clicking a "buy it" button.

HOWEVER, if you click on the product's image (why would one be doing it?!), it takes you to yet another page, which says that the product is refurbished:

On one hand, all the required by law information is on the web site. However, it is all hidden! Liars, liars, liars. The customer service representative is extremely rude.

Stay away from these scam artists!!!
 17th of Apr, 2010 by   DRWis 0 Votes
Bought what I thought was NEW - INOP junk dvd arrived with rattle. Posted multiple notes to 'owner' with NEVER a reply (hard of hearing so CALLING is not an option). SCAM biz seeks to rip you off. I will not buy there again and suggest you get a 'good deal' from respectable biz. Steer away from these guys! One bad part and your deal is over.
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   nic773 0 Votes
I have been ordering from them for months now and never had in issue... I found all of the things I needed at a price I could aford... everyone helpful!
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by   wootmember -1 Votes
no problem at all with them. i got my item from gearxs.com thru woot. item arrived in 2 days. Thanks
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   CrankyOldMan +2 Votes
Hmm... I like how "nic773" and "wootmember" are both from Illionis - where ikor is located... coincidence?

I purchased a video card from these jokers a few years back - supposedly new - they sent not only a used video card, but also one that was a few years prior to the model I purchased, and not even close to the same specifications (16MB ram versus the 128MB that was supposed to be on the card).

They're scam artists but seem to work really hard staying within the "legal" limit so they're not shut down yet - BBB rating "F".

Buyer beware.
 15th of Aug, 2010 by   suppypuppy +1 Votes
I've just ordered from GearXS. I'll let you know how it goes.
I hope that all of you that have had horrible experiences have reported GearXS to the BBB and/or attorney general.
 26th of Aug, 2014 by   kellykomet 0 Votes
I ordered products on 08/14/2014. The order was paid for and the status was changed to packaging on 08/15/2014. It is now 08/26/2014 and the status us still packaging. I contacted the company 1 days ago and I was told that everything was on their website. I didn't see anything that stated it would take 10 days to package the item. Sent two (2) emails asking them about the order and I have yet to get a response.

Identity Theft Has Many Forms