GearXS.com

Posted:

Bad service

GearXS.com
gearxs.com
Mouse was DOA and it took two calls and 5 different people to finally determine that it was dead. They would only refund the price of the mouse and not the shipping. The return price of the mouse was more than the refund...all I can say is byer beware!! Never again if I can help it.
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
I bought a Logitech mini mouse from this company on eBay. It quit working after a week. I had to send them two emails to ask for return instructions. They are slow to reply to a problem. Then, to get an RMA number, you have to follow 20 rules on their request page and fill out a lengthy form with information they already have. Then it takes two days to get a number. They don't refund return shipping and you have to pay shipping again on the replacement. The item price was fair but the shipping was more than the item price. If you buy from this company, you had better hope that you don't have a problem with your purchase.
 3rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
I've shopped there several times over the last year. I didn't have the same experience. Everyone I talked to was helpful and the products were way cheap for what I got
 16th of Mar, 2009 by    +1 Votes
There are mountains of bad feedback on the net for GearXS. They're borderline scam artists. People are angry. They ship out broken/defective merchandise, hope the customer doesn't notice/care enough to go through the trouble of reporting it, and if they do, they make them pay for return shipping and give only partial refunds. It's pretty horrible. And then you get the company spamming sites like pricewatch with positive reviews to keep their rating from getting too low. Always avoid GearXS; hopefully, they'll go out of business in the near future (and if they keep up like they have been they *will*).

More info here: http://wavingalien.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1057
 17th of Aug, 2009 by    +2 Votes
Stay away from iKOR Design! This company also operates under different names such as GEARXS. You do the web search and the product is listed as "new":

You go to the company's web site, and there is no mentioning of the product as being refurbished:
This page can take you directly to the order form by clicking a "buy it" button.

HOWEVER, if you click on the product's image (why would one be doing it?!), it takes you to yet another page, which says that the product is refurbished:

On one hand, all the required by law information is on the web site. However, it is all hidden! Liars, liars, liars. The customer service representative is extremely rude.

Stay away from these scam artists!!!
 17th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
Bought what I thought was NEW - INOP junk dvd arrived with rattle. Posted multiple notes to 'owner' with NEVER a reply (hard of hearing so CALLING is not an option). SCAM biz seeks to rip you off. I will not buy there again and suggest you get a 'good deal' from respectable biz. Steer away from these guys! One bad part and your deal is over.
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have been ordering from them for months now and never had in issue... I found all of the things I needed at a price I could aford... everyone helpful!
 22nd of Apr, 2010 by    -1 Votes
no problem at all with them. i got my item from gearxs.com thru woot. item arrived in 2 days. Thanks
 8th of Jul, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Hmm... I like how "nic773" and "wootmember" are both from Illionis - where ikor is located... coincidence?

I purchased a video card from these jokers a few years back - supposedly new - they sent not only a used video card, but also one that was a few years prior to the model I purchased, and not even close to the same specifications (16MB ram versus the 128MB that was supposed to be on the card).

They're scam artists but seem to work really hard staying within the "legal" limit so they're not shut down yet - BBB rating "F".

Buyer beware.
 15th of Aug, 2010 by    +2 Votes
I've just ordered from GearXS. I'll let you know how it goes.
I hope that all of you that have had horrible experiences have reported GearXS to the BBB and/or attorney general.
 26th of Aug, 2014 by    0 Votes
I ordered products on 08/14/2014. The order was paid for and the status was changed to packaging on 08/15/2014. It is now 08/26/2014 and the status us still packaging. I contacted the company 1 days ago and I was told that everything was on their website. I didn't see anything that stated it would take 10 days to package the item. Sent two (2) emails asking them about the order and I have yet to get a response.
 26th of Nov, 2014 by    0 Votes
I've had a similarly terrible experience with gearxs.com . Ordered a pair of bluetooth headphones from them. I had read on the site before ordering that it may take up to 10 days to ship, which I was OK with. Upon ordering I got an email stating that my order was received, then another email stating that my order had been moved to "Packaging". I thought maybe they'd ship it pretty quick and everything would be great. Well, no, that didn't happen. It sat in Packaging state for 2 weeks and I finally decided to see what was happening. Well I used their site to send an "email" for help. They didn't respond by the next day so I called the number. The rep didn't care that my order hadn't shipped. She said they were "having trouble getting the product in to ship out" and that it will probably ship at the end of the week. Well, the end of the week rolls around and I hadn't heard anything still. I called back on Monday (since they have no weekend hours) and was ready to cancel my order as it had been 3 weeks to the day since ordering. This rep cared less than the first one and said my product had actually shipped on Friday, but I received no notification at all. She still didn't care, but gave me the shipping info stating that it was in my city and would probably be delivered later that day. Well, lo and behold, Wednesday rolls around before the package finally shows up. Apparently they ship via UPS who somehow hands the package off to the USPS for delivery - so my package being in my city actually meant that the USPS had received electronic notification that they would be receiving the package from UPS. I'll never use their service again if I can help it. The product seems fine, but all in all it took 3 weeks and 3 days from me ordering it to actually receiving it. I finally received a notification on Tuesday about my product being shipped, but I still haven't heard anything from the "email" help form.

PS Not sure I understand the Agree/Disagree buttons above. I chose Disagree assuming that this means I had a negative experience. It's not very clear what they are supposed to mean.
 18th of Dec, 2014 by    +2 Votes
I ordered leggings on 12/04. The website said leggings, and my invoice said/says leggings.

On 12/18, I received the shipment. They contained tights, not leggings. The package even said tights. The material is tights material. It is translucent, which means you can see through it. If one attempts to wear these as leggings, the whole world will see this person's underwear because these are translucent tights, not opaque leggings.

I contacted customer service on 12/18, and they told me that had verified with the manufacturer that the product is leggings, even though it says tights on the package. I explained to the CSR that the material is wrong for leggings and that these are tights. I was told that if I was unhappy with the product, I could return it, but I would be subject to a 20% restock fee.

Note that the website has since changed the product name to be "Tights-Leggings." If they were really leggings, they wouldn't have had to change the title of the page! Dishonest, unethical liars. This is a bait and switch
 22nd of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I placed an order on 11/28 when I called last week I was told it had been shipped- it had not been shipped- gt the tracking # today and what do you know? It won't be here by Christmas...Thanks for NOT returning my call, FB messages and emails... and when I finally did get through (after being on hold for 20 minutes) I was told there was nothing you could do excpt offer a 10% credit? Your customer service is abysmal... I will continue to broadcast this all over social media!
 24th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I placed my online order December 3rd and my credit card was charged immediately. Received a notice the next day saying order was being packaged. 15 days later it finally shipped. The worse part is UPS tracking says the order is due December 30th - that is 27 days after the order was accepted. Are you kidding me? I've ordered from China with transport on a cargo ship and received packages faster than that. As of Christmas Eve, my package is sitting in a UPS depot with another 300 miles to go. So much for the "guaranteed to receive by Christmas" statement on the website. No response to emails sent to customer service. As others have said, I wish I had checked GearXS reviews before ordering.
 25th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I am not happy. I ordered 2 pairs of leggings on the 8th of December. Christmas day. Not here. Just love telling people "oh sorry part of your gift hasn't arrived yet". Wish I had checked reviews also.
 30th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
Placed order 12/20 2014 and received confirmation. later packaging and finally shipping notice. Now it is 12/29/14 the shipping number hasn't worked since they sent it and still doesn't.tried logging on to site no record of me or my email address. wtf, Paypal confirms a payment made on the 20th. so i register and register guess what? no record of my order number associated with my email or any existence of an order with that number. Two calls to cust/serv 20 minutes each they never took my call.even on the sales department line.What should I do?
 14th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I bought 3 items from them early December. I received 2 different items that I did not order. I contacted them and they replied giving me the tracking number (of the wrong products they sent!). So I had to reply saying yes I received the wrong items, please send me correct items. Didn't hear anything back, I made an e-bay complaint and didn't hear anything from gearxs.com until I left them negative feedback on ebay. They contacted me right away apologizing and asking me to fix my review after everything was made right. I told them sure, I didn't have a problem with that, mistakes happen. They said they would contact me in a day or two with new tracking number, 2 weeks later, still no info. I escalated with ebay and ebay checked it out and found in favor of the seller. I don't think ebay read anything I wrote. Ebay's reason was that seller provided the shipping number (where as I told them in the complaint that I did receive a couple of items, but not the 3 that I ordered). Ebay then went ahead and removed my negative feedback without my permission. So still waiting 50 days later hoping to get a couple of christmas presents.
 2nd of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
On Dec 7th. 2014, I placed a $175 order. Pay pal paid same day. On Dec 26th I received my order. 1 rotten waist cincher, 2 shavers 1 works, 3 bottles spray powder[was supposed to be perfume], 1 keyboard for computer "t" won't print. size 8 1_2 boots that are actually a size 10. also many leggings which they threw in whatever they could find. Opened wrong resolution data on Pay Pal so when I e-mailed GearXS a copy of the shipping label Pay pal closed my dispute as I opened as not getting my order. Now GearXS will not bother to answer any of my e-mails which have been very nice. I am stuck with a pile of crap. I believe they get returns or old stuff to sell and they don't care anything about their customers, only stealing money from people that ended up not having Christmas presents for my family this year. Thank You GearXS for being so kind and caring about what you tell people. ALL LIES. Beware Beware. It is not worth trying to save money on their items that are garbage. I have thrown better away, Barbara W

Contact Us