Freedom Debt Relief

debt relief scam

Freedom Debt Relief
Thanks for your support!
I offered to settle with FDR by making four more payments, for a total of 52 payments of a 33 payment contract, thus paying an amount equal to my original debt.
FDR countered by offering me a “Settlement Agreement, General Release and Acknowledgement of Confidentiality.” I will try to summarize.
Settlement Agreement - Our contract is terminated when I sign this agreement. FDR will send me $566.60. The money I have in FDR’s ‘bank’ was not mentioned and is more than $566.60. Did they plan to keep this money? This settlement would leave me owing half my original debt.
General Release - I may not participate in any claims against FDR.
Acknowledgement of Confidentiality - I may not communicate the terms of this agreement or any dissatisfaction with FDR to any persons or agencies in any manner. I must send a list to all persons or agencies to whom I have complained and I must let these persons or agencies know that FDR and I have parted ‘amicably.’
FDR advised me to consult an attorney before signing this agreement. Like I can afford one. When I do consult an attorney about FDR, it will not be over this agreement.
I believe FDR thinks I’m an idiot just because I signed with them. But I was duped!
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other
Was the above complaint useful?

9th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
We were duped as well. We fell for the advertising and the seemingly supportive sales reps. Being under extreme pressure to settle debt they prey on our fears and financial distress. We were taken for 527 a month for a year. I kept pestering them to settle accounts, but it seemed that this would never end. They had no problem padding the pseudo bank account with our money as they milked it for fees...and oh yes, the settlement fees whenever an account was ultimately settled. I thought we would not get sued. That is when the subpoenas began to appear in the mail box. I spoke to a bankruptcy attorney and he advised me to file for Chapter 7. That resolved the problems and law suits. Also, the debt that was "settled" becomes taxable income that you must report on your taxes!!! Nice little detail that was not mentioned. Be aware of these quick fix companies. They are a scam that prey on the vulnerability of honest American tax payers. Good Luck to All...and God Bless America!!!

Freedom Debt Relief Logo Freedom Debt Relief