logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Kmart
Leaving personal bag/purse at register
2. (2 mins ago)
Grand Travel Worldwide
Scammers
3. (3 mins ago)
Typical Dutch Stuff
Cheat money through the Typical dutch stuff
4. (4 mins ago)

for 10 cents scam

Posted:    pklutz

scam auction site

for10cents
I was also lured into this site by a banner ad on FAcebook. I've complained to Facebook that this is, in fact, a gambling site. They do not say this explicitly. They have insiders bidding. take a look at how they are making their money. The TV I bid on sold for about $200. That is 20, 000 bids. Their retail prices are not any retail price I've seen. I'm kicking myself for being so stupid. I've also contacted the Government Accountability Department to see if gambling regulations apply or if new regulations need to be put into place. I thought I watched long enough to understand how it works, but I didn't and lost a lot of money. This is no EBAY and EBAY is not a scam. The only time you pay on EBAY is when you WIN. It is all gambling and once you buy bids, you're all in. It is cheaper to go buy the product than to bid on this site - way cheaper!!! Don't be fooled by these scam site
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Apr, 2010 by   masras1981 0 Votes
For10cents is a scam site .be alert to go there.They have inside bidder.I wasted 500 bucks there.

Here why they r cheater & fraud:

On my day I started to bid an item of price 420 bucks.At the same time i saw another account started bidding
and kept bidding until the price was 120.

Here the calculation :

to keep bidding on 120 dollar u need 120*100=12000/3(3 cents increased on each bid)=2000 auto bid.

Price of 2000 auto bid is 260 dollar

So net amount to buy that item is 260+120+15(shipping Cost)=395

So why people would buy that product for 395 (original 420) wasting 20 hrs of time & money.

I will say it is totally scam cheat fraud site.Do waste time & money please.Be aware
 9th of May, 2010 by   alphacatone +1 Votes
Thank you for posting this! I don't even remember how I got to the site, but I was really taken aback to have them ask for my Paypal account and login, when I hadn't agreed to buy anything yet!

So thanks again for saving me from blowing money I don't have!
 6th of Jul, 2010 by   Dee/Jim +1 Votes
Thank you for your posts! I to decided to try this out, I only bought very few bids just to try it out using Paypal. I used 25 of my 75 bids bought and really didn't like the way it worked. I left 50 bids in my account thinking I would try another day. Well when I went in the other day to use the rest of my bids, it locked me out. It would not let me log in. I asked for my login info. to make sure I got it right and when I tryed to use it I was put in a cycle of going round and round with no log in. I wrote to them, with no return response. I called Paypal because they are represented on the site. They in turn gave me a phone number to this company, where when calling they have an answer system asking you to leave a name & #, they said they will call back in 48 hrs, we will see. Otherwise I will call Paypal back and they told me to fill out a dispute on them if I don't get any response. Paypal is a good company who wants to stay on fraud. BE AWARE! I hope this helps someone else to not get caught up in this scam!
 21st of Aug, 2010 by   rahrah22 +1 Votes
its true its a straight up scam i wanted to get my son a xbox 360 but i didnt have the money so i went on that website i won the xbox 360 but i won it for more than it was really worth! when i checked my credit card statement it said that my current balance was -300 dollars when at first it was at 150 dollars i was outraged! do not go on their website i was a fool to do it DO NOT GO ON THEIR WEBSITE TOTAL SCAM!!!
 1st of Sep, 2010 by   julie321978 +1 Votes
Scam 100% Thia site angers me to no ends, single parents trying to get nice things for the kids, or themselves and you end up in a deep black hole because of this 10 cent BS. errrrrrrrr
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   cleopatrark +1 Votes
I have heard they are scammers ripping off people. If they aren't then why does their address go to a architecture and general contractors business?
 14th of Jan, 2011 by   thomas361 +1 Votes
They need to be reported to the authorities .
 13th of Feb, 2011 by   LiveNLearn2010 0 Votes
I do believe there is something seriously wrong with this site.. Yes, I have won things. Nice, expensive things. Every day for over a week. Then it changed. They advertised on TV and new bidders came in and I watched as they obviously wasted all the bids they had just bought. I sat back and watched the regular bidders run them out one by one.
The company succeeded in bringing in alot of new bidders but did not add any new auctions to their regular dozen or so daily auctiions. They did not accomodate the increase in traffic to the site. The company cost alot of new people alot of money.
There is a very limited number of daily auctions and out of those you can expect these winners to take one auction each at just about any cost: Nutterdog, Decca, DeadlyBidder, HOW-ABOUT_THAT, IWINALOT, levelsq, Apbid, Ajord. LMFROCH.
So, with those names, the number of available auctions has just been cut by 9. Sit back and watch. Nutterdog just "won" a $750 Visa for the ending price of about $209. That's over 20, 000 bids in a 3X auction which means, for every bid you place, they take 3 from you. The auction really cost over 60, 000 bids. If he placed about half of those bids, it cost him or her $3000 in actual dollars for bids. Plus the actual ending price of $209? Stupidity? Bullying? Bots? Who knows? But it's a show of power and no one else has a chance.
For anyone considering entering this site: Go to the list of auctions ended. You can track the last 9-10 days. You will see the same 9 names or so for every single day. You will see the bargains they get and when that happens, it's solely because people live and learn and don't enter anymore auctions with those names in them.
You will not win a TV or Laptop or Galaxy Tab unless it's an act of God because those auctions also have special bidders who pretty much only enter those high end items. They can win one high end item (over $1000) once every 10 days and they each win one at a time. They are: levelsq, GONZO, RUDD, Tmanke, Toerchen, Nutterdog, DeadlyBidder, LMFROCH, Apbid, Ajord. There goes the 10 high end items up for bid in the 10 day period and then they start again. It's a cycle. But it looks good to new people.
The same people can also win (2) items each in a 10 day period if it's worth under $1000 so look at how many items are listed as being worth $999.99 on this site and go figure who is winning those as well.
So you wonder how I ever won? I tracked where every single bidder was every single day for 4 months and then I placed my bids. It worked for a week.
I could maybe do it again but I won't. The stakes are too high and I work way to hard for my money.
Not to mention it takes them 2 months or longer to get you what you've won.
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   Tomfitzy@hvc.rr.com +1 Votes
It is indeed scam site. They have their own buffets winning their products. The only auctions real buffers will win are the free bids up to 300 pack and the $50 gift cards to entice you into buying a bigger bid pack. Just look at the auctions. 90 percent of the auctions are sold for next to nothing. Ex. A camera worth 800 for 12 dollars. So 1200 bids were placed, they only made 120 bucks on it, leaving them down 680 bucks. Thats because a real bidder didn't bid up and their bidder won it. Just look at all the completed auctions. Once in a while, a real bidder will think wow, I can win it cheap, but bang, that auction goes for over a hundred dollars until u lose all your bids, they simply put their own autobid on it until they win to keep the product. Just research this and u will see. Stay away, the only real bidding site is swoopo, I have won a plasma, camera, and phone, however I an in the loss about 800 dollars. Because u r going against many bidders, even from other countries.
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   Oliver1438 -2 Votes
I too have been ripped off by this auction site. Bought 300 bids and started bidding on a $25.00 gift card, but another bidder called IWONTQUIT kept bidding me up to where I was actually going to pay more than the item was worth. The bidder IWONTQUIT was on many items doing the same thing. I beleive they have insider people bidding against you until you run out of bids. What a scam. Also, if you do win an item, then they inform you it takes 48 to 72 hours to verify your auction!!! They already have the money for the bids, why would they have to verify anything???. Stall, Stall, Stall. After the verifty period is up it will take over 2 months to get the item you win. IF YOU GET IT AT ALL. There are other auction sites that are OK, one is Quibids..Lot of bidder however...
 24th of Aug, 2011 by   julie shaw +2 Votes
i have won over 2, 000 dollars on for ten cents.com and have only received only 1 item. since then i have emailed them every day for 2 months and they have offered to settle for the amount of the prizes that i have won...keep hounding them, do not sit back and wait.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   julcarsam +2 Votes
i am starting a class action lawsuit to whomever is interested
please email me @ cj_shaw1@msn.com...the more the better
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   10centsisntscam 0 Votes
I won a item last Dec on this auction site. I too had to hound them, and hound them. They never did come up with the item but did ship me visa gift cards in the amount of the item I won. Fair enough. They even refunded me the shipping amount difference. I hadn't participated bidding again on this site til the end of Oct. and have had fairly good luck winning. They e mailed me saying it would be within 25 business days til they ship, which is nearing. Will see if they keep their word. Catherine
 5th of Dec, 2011 by   Lashell 0 Votes
I agree with the above posts! I just got off the phone with a "big shot" at 10 cent bids. I have been waiting for my product for 3 months. He said they had "cash flow problems" I can not believe I paid for my bids and bought the product now he can't afford to send my product! I am not sure what my options are, maybe the BBB or a lawyer. Beware anyone out there for this site...it is truly a SCAM.
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   carjulsam 0 Votes
Anyone interested in recovering your winnings, contact
google Lisa Madigan Atty General state of IL.
I have recovered 6 of my 10 gifts The more peoplee
complaining to her the better.
 9th of May, 2012 by   tabor 0 Votes
I agree this site is definitely a scam! I believe that there are a number of sham bidders being used to drive up prices. These sham bidders are spending tens of thousands of bids every week or 2, whether they win or not. Most of the time they do win. If products are not being shipped how can they afford to or would want to continue bidding on things that they never receive? Last year I won an auction. I'm still waiting for delivery. I called and they did return my call I spoke to someone who told me that it would be shipped soon. Every month or 2 they send me an e-mail telling me about their financial problems and that they were being resolved but nothing has ever been received but e-mails. The last one told me they would be shipping May 2, still nothing. Actually most of the e-mails tell me that things have been resolved and everything will be shipped soon, still waiting almost a year now! Don't waste your money on time!
 1st of Jun, 2012 by   Max the Man 0 Votes
For10cents is a total scam. Call your credit card companies and see if they can credit your account back for non shipment of items. I did just that and they credited all my money, thank God. Wilhelm, nan-5, for10cents, and whomever else associated with this company can all Kiss my A$$,
 20th of Jul, 2012 by   Jaysonjay337 +1 Votes
For10cents.com is nothing but a scam. I won a $25 gift card and i still haven't received it. Instead they blocked my account and do you know what they said about it? They said i had some "suspicious activity" while in reality, it was my roommate opening an account with the same address. I told them that and never got an answer from them, instead they CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AFTER I PAID FOR MY ITEMS. These people are nothing but scammers and a bunch of sore losers, and by the way things are going by the sound of these comments, i say LET EM GO BROKE
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   tabor 0 Votes
It is a scam. I've been waiting for more than a year for 1 item. Still nothing! They even stopped sending phony e-mails promising it would
be sent soon.
 25th of Nov, 2012 by   grayeyes10 0 Votes
i totally agree this site holds timer and let certain people win i have contacred them on several occassion never email me back.my won item shows me winning items they refuse to rightfully give mei have won free bids did, nt get them won foot locker gift card did, nt get it.i must emailed everyone in the damn office and no one will respond maybe everyone need to get together and file a complaint with the commision board or may file a class action law suit.the is soooooo riduclous.i never seen a company that cheats like this.

5 Credit Score Myths