Flixattic

Posted: 2013-05-23 by

Received nothing for my money

4.3
Fliixattic
5th FLOOR MATALON BUILDING #501
Belize
flixattic.com
This company is registered in Belize and their only intention is to scam you. I signed up on their website and purchased on of the packages in order to get access to the online movie database but instead of that I was scammed. They took my money and only then I realized that website is completely fake.
Complaint comments Comments (16) Complaint country Belize Complaint category Internet Services

Comments

21st of Sep, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I saw Flixattic ad on TV. They told that you can always order free trial at first and then order real product for the full price if you want. They told that you only need to pay for shipping. It is lie. They charged whole sum.
 26th of Feb, 2013 by    -1 Votes
son unos hijos de puta me han hecho un cargo en VISA sin darles yo el nº, ¿Cómo lo han conseguido?
 9th of Nov, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Don't even start the trial > and if you do make sure you cancel it before the five day trial. They will charge ur cc and not refund your money after the 5th day. Their movies suck anyway.
 9th of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I have had £31.48 deducted from my credit card which i did not authorise nor did i give any details of my card or account to Flixattic.
How did this happen what can i do about it and how can i get my money back
 10th of Feb, 2014 by    +1 Votes
What a rip off, charging me £31 a month for something that was suppose to be a free trail did not agree to any of this I WANT MY MONEY BACK. RIP OFF
 23rd of Mar, 2014 by    +1 Votes
They're are crooks, down right scambags...I never completed registration and click off the site. I was charged the 49.99. Obviously, they have some form of spyware or tracking and charge you anyway. Then they hid behind the we don't refund 5 day trial. What website have you ever joined that did not send out a confirmation email that you joined? Now I'm trying to get a password so I watch thier crappy movies and I still have not received.one after six attempts.. I think it's time for a class action lawsuit. The site is a FRAUD!
 27th of May, 2014 by    -1 Votes
I also signed-up to flixattic, but didn't realise they were going to charge me 50$ each month automatically. I couldn't even watch the first movie. Unfortunately I didn't find out until they charged a second time, as i was travelling. They sent no confirmation email of my registration.

So in the end i paid 100 bucks with zip movies. I've also posted a review on http://www.complaintsboard.com. I also saw they are registered somewhere dodgy.
 19th of Jun, 2014 by    -1 Votes
I thought I was getting a free trial and they only asked for credit card number for the free trial. They said they would definately NOT charge my credit card. This FIXATTIC company is a COMPLETE SCAM, I never downloaded a movie, gave the free trial a miss. Then I look at my bank account and they've taken out $59.95. I am a pensioner and can't afford this money being taken out of my account. I'm terribly upset about this company.. I've learnt my lesson, do not give credit card details over internet NO MATTER WHAT!! There should be a law for this sort of company scamming people and making millions of them for NIX.. Robyn Smith Australia
 21st of Aug, 2014 by    +2 Votes
I had exactly the same problems as everyone here. I sent an email to info@flixattic.com informing them that their charging of my credit card was fraudulent and requesting a refund of all charges. To my surprise they did give me a refund, in just two days! So it's worthwhile sending them a polite, firm request.
 8th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
As DRJ Melb above, I had exactly the same problem and took his advice and emailed them. I have been refunded too, a couple of pounds less than what they took but I'll have it! Thanks DRJ Melb!
 12th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Personally I never even knew what flixattic was when I saw $57 had been deducted from my visa. I thought someone stole my credit card details. I have no idea why I recieved a bill and dont ever remember giving them my visa details. They said I did a free trial. Hilarious because wouldnt I have actually known where to go to try something? This is pathetic. Im a pensioner too and it was my last bit of money this week. I cant believe it! Thanks for the email tip, the phone call got me no where.
 13th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I am in ireland and only discovered after 20mths that money was being taken from my account from a fraud illegal company know as flixattic after a few sharp emails I got offered 2 mths payments to keep my mouth shut. To stop me blacklisting the company and prevent me from reporting same to fraud squad.my bank has doughts that I didnt have anything to do with company.
Caught on too late.
 27th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
Same here everyone, I live in Spain and was also told I was NOT going to be charged. Stupid to give my debit card details. Will not happen again.
 9th of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
They have just scammed me out of $75 - now how do I stop them from taking more money off me!
 9th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I signed up, but when I realized that I couldn't get what I want I cancelled immediately. I cancelled the SAME DAY. I still got charged and they refuse to issue refunds of any type. These people are horrid!
 21st of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I also emailed to info@flixattic.com, but the helpdesk team replied:
“Upon checking, you had signed up for a 5 Day free trial on our site and did not cancel within the trial period, as stated in our terms and conditions account will automatically upgraded to a Monthly Premium Membership for $49.95 and we regret to inform you that no refunds will be given to any members who registered to a free trial promotion. Since this is a paid account you can still access the site for 3 months till end of term and we guarantee you that no future payment will apply. May we help you with anything else?”
and closed the ticket.

I had written the refund request too politely because my credit card bill was stating “FLIXATTIC.COM UNITED KINGDO 49.950”, so I thought flixattic is a UK company.

Also, I mentioned about English Business Law in my email:
“There is no contract because an offer is not effective unless and until it has been communicated to the offeree. You have never informed me of the monthly charges $49.95.”
However, flixattic seems to be a US company from the time difference from my country, Japan. I do not know about American Business Law.

In Japan, a Japanese corporate body that copes with consumer trouble, called national living center generally helps such problems, but it’s not a company in Japan. Are there any bodies to help to resolve consumer trouble in the US?

I continue requesting again and again until they refund & never give up. Is there anyone who knows American Business Law? How should I write in order to let them refund next time? It will be very much appreciated if you give me any advice.

Contact Us