Customer service problem

I ordered an emergency response phone for my mom. It was back ordered, twice, and took two months to get. It arrived on a Friday, and I quickly determined that it was too complicated for my mom and boxed it up for return. On Monday I began trying to get through to customer service for a Return Authorization number (REQUIRED for all returns)but kept getting a recording saying that "due to a high volume of calls" they were not taking any more calls and referring me to their email, which would be answered in 24 hours (the recording said). Two days later they were still not taking calls, nor had my email been answered. I called my credit card company whose rep assisted me in getting through and getting an RA#. Almost a week after the product had been received by First Street, my bank still did not show a credit to my card, even though the website promises credit within 24-48 hours, sometimes 72(?!?). I finally got through to customer service and found out that they had given me a store credit instead of crediting my credit card! At this point I was told that it would be another 2-3 days before the credit would be posted to my account. This company has a lot of desirable products, but their customer service leaves much to be desired and I would recommend first trying to find the product or a similar product elsewhere. If you order from firststreetonline.com and have to return the product, be prepared for some... make that MUCH, aggravation.
Complaint comments Comments (4) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

30th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I placed an order with you last Saturday, but haven't received the usual E-mail confirmation of it. I hope that this doesn't mean that you were unable to prcess my order.
Thanks for clearing up my doubts.
Georg H. Fromm
 18th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
IRT SKU 26143 120425 lU01; magnifying, lamp, one of the 4, 3 led boards is out. Bending the board does enhance conductivity and lights the bulbs intermittently. I am searching for DQ 471 KBJ- 3-12U (printed on the board that is not functioning. May I order one of these so the magnifying lamp functions properly? The other three, 3-light, led panels work fine. It would be nice to order two of these, you know, just in case another panel goes out. Finding this site is encouraging and I look forward to positive interaction in the future. LEDs are what I want to use in the future as I hope to supplement my power with green systems. danielsuggs@bellsouth.net Thank you in advance! Dniel
 15th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I ordered a battery charger for our lift chair to find it will not charge . I would like to return this item but unable to contact customer service. They do not answer the phone get a busy signal. As was said their customer service is not to be desired.
 29th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Ordered a hearing aid what a joke. Save your money, was dead in six months. absolutely no noise cancelation as described. AARP RECOMMENDS this product or endorsees by running there ad's. Shame on you both.

Contact Us