Firststreetonline.com

Posted:

Customer service problem

4.3
Firststreetonline.com
I ordered an emergency response phone for my mom. It was back ordered, twice, and took two months to get. It arrived on a Friday, and I quickly determined that it was too complicated for my mom and boxed it up for return. On Monday I began trying to get through to customer service for a Return Authorization number (REQUIRED for all returns)but kept getting a recording saying that "due to a high volume of calls" they were not taking any more calls and referring me to their email, which would be answered in 24 hours (the recording said). Two days later they were still not taking calls, nor had my email been answered. I called my credit card company whose rep assisted me in getting through and getting an RA#. Almost a week after the product had been received by First Street, my bank still did not show a credit to my card, even though the website promises credit within 24-48 hours, sometimes 72(?!?). I finally got through to customer service and found out that they had given me a store credit instead of crediting my credit card! At this point I was told that it would be another 2-3 days before the credit would be posted to my account. This company has a lot of desirable products, but their customer service leaves much to be desired and I would recommend first trying to find the product or a similar product elsewhere. If you order from firststreetonline.com and have to return the product, be prepared for some... make that MUCH, aggravation.
Complaint comments Comments (7) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
More Firststreetonline.com Complaints & Reviews
Firststreetonline.com - Poor Communication, Errors in Shipping Charges

Comments

30th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I placed an order with you last Saturday, but haven't received the usual E-mail confirmation of it. I hope that this doesn't mean that you were unable to prcess my order.
Thanks for clearing up my doubts.
Georg H. Fromm
 18th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
IRT SKU 26143 120425 lU01; magnifying, lamp, one of the 4, 3 led boards is out. Bending the board does enhance conductivity and lights the bulbs intermittently. I am searching for DQ 471 KBJ- 3-12U (printed on the board that is not functioning. May I order one of these so the magnifying lamp functions properly? The other three, 3-light, led panels work fine. It would be nice to order two of these, you know, just in case another panel goes out. Finding this site is encouraging and I look forward to positive interaction in the future. LEDs are what I want to use in the future as I hope to supplement my power with green systems. danielsuggs@bellsouth.net Thank you in advance! Dniel
 15th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I ordered a battery charger for our lift chair to find it will not charge . I would like to return this item but unable to contact customer service. They do not answer the phone get a busy signal. As was said their customer service is not to be desired.
 29th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
Ordered a hearing aid what a joke. Save your money, was dead in six months. absolutely no noise cancelation as described. AARP RECOMMENDS this product or endorsees by running there ad's. Shame on you both.
 14th of Dec, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I just received my order #W025880899919 for 10 LED candlesticks, item #70507. 2 LED bulbs will not work. The other 8 work fine. I tried mixing these 2 bulbs in other holders that are working without success. Please replace these 2 bulbs. Is it possible to purchase extra bulbs for future use?
please provide a response at fred4719@att.net Thanks FRED
 28th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I need an RA# to return an item. I have tried calling a few times and keep getting the message that you were very busy and to try Customer Service. Well, now I am online and this is what I need: an RA# to return an item. Please return this request as soon as possible.
I have noticed lots of complaints on your company and hope I get results ASAP. Thanks.

My name and address: Vivian Frysinger
90 Riverside Ave Apt. 203
New Bedford, MA 02746

Order number is: P083704900018
 19th of May, 2016 by    0 Votes
my first concern is to tell you your article is deceiving for you do not give back a full refund nor do you send postage in the event of return. very deceptive the way it is worded and I was not told that I would not get back shipping and handling either. I was shorted the shipping and handleing on the shippement of 59.85 and it only cost me $25 to send back with insurance which I had to pay. I recommend that anyone reading this to understand the deception in this article. I have been buying hearing aids for a long time and this is the first that I had to pay shipping and handleing in either direction. not right to take advantage of people that have hearing handicap. please understand that the product was not strong enough for me to hear as I should but it was a good product and understandable as any I have used but did not work unless I was near the sound. also I am 70 years old and I read in there sight that they have discounts for seniors. don't see any discount on my receipt. please ask more questions than I did when talking to first street sales people. free home trial as they call it cost me $85. I don't know about you but that is a lot of money to me being retired. again they had good product just not strong enough for me but sales department is out for the buck so be careful :-)

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree