Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Scam

Synovus Bank
Columbus, Georgia
firstprogress.com
I got a secured card with a 2, 000. Deposit. Used the card to get a cash advance from an ATM. Went to get another cash advance from the same ATM a few days later and it was declined. Called them up and they said there was a "security hold" on the card. They instructed me to fax a copy of my ss card, drivers license and utility bill. Did that the same day. 2 weeks go by, I am continually calling they claim they never got the information. So I send it again. They said the information has to be reviewed by a "Vice President" of the bank (although no one know his name). When I sent the information in I ask for someone to call me to confirm receipt. Here it is three weeks later I still have 1700 credit but can't use the card. When I asked to cancel the card and send me back my deposit less the balance, I was told I had to pay the balance off first and then it will be 8 weeks before I can get a check sent to me. STAY AWAY from this company. They are a TOTAL FRAUD operation.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Nov, 2012 by    0 Votes
Try going to dispute.modria.com and filing a case there. You and company you got the credit card from can enter into an online dispute resolution process for free. You can ask for a mediator to help settle the case or an arbitrator to make a decision as well. Hope it turns out well for you :)
 21st of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
First progress mastercard
is not a dignified banking institution. Do not open a account with them.I closed my secured credit card with them on December 20, 2013. Today is March21, 2014 and I have not received my $1000.00 deposit. BEWARE OF FIRST PROGRESS MASTERCARD!
 9th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
How did this company get an a+ rating from the better business with all of these negative reviews
 28th of Oct, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have been with First Progress for over 2 years. I have never had any problems except if you ever over pay the card; it seems to screw things up! Other than that...seems like a small company with hard working people. If you pay your bill and use this card to build your credit you will not have a problem. Note: You only need $300, not thousands on a secured card. This should be a stepping stone
 29th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Ordered a First Progress Credit and submitted $500 as security in August of 2014
It took a many weeks for them to process the card.
I never went over the credit limit set with my deposit of $500 but they immediately started charging fees and interest on my money.
I called to ask about this and was told that is their policy. I cancelled the card in October 2014. They continued to send me bills. I called again and sent them a letter in November 2014 to again try to cancel. They sent me a letter agreeing that they would cancel. They said I owed them Approximately $60, how I don't know since it was my money.
I reluctantly agreed and they said they would send me a final bill.
It is now March and I have called a number of times. They continue to send me bills adding on interest and charges even though account was closed.
They are very unresponsive and I feel that this Company is scamming people.
They are very untrustworthy and prey on people trying to reestablish their credit.
 13th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have a problem with verify my information. I was send three time in fact my ssc driver license three bill statement but when was call again said send again because we don't receive any fax
Wesley Hernandez
 3rd of Jul, 2015 by    0 Votes
I opened with just $300.00, but most of the time l can't use it.payments take days to get to them and cancellation is a nightmare. There is nothing easy about this company. They took off some changes that write identity theft but then put them right back on. I really don't know what to do. I just wasn't out from them with my Friday in hand. They put some late charge on there after l had made 2 separate payments in the same month to pay it off. You can't talk to anyone about this, just send an anonymous fax which never gets fixed. Aaahhhhhh!

Avoid Phishing that Claims to Be from IRS