logo

Posted: 2013-01-20 by    Not so Savy

Fraud

Festiva Orland Resprt
Kissimmee, Florida
!!!EVERYONE CHECK YOUR WARRANTEE DEEDS!!!
My husband and I bought "an Upgrade to a platinum membership" from Celebrations World Resort. We were told buying 8, 400 more shares would benefit us by lowering our maintenance fees and therefore off set the cost of the additional shares. What we didn't know is that we were tricked into signing over our original purchase of 14, 900 shares which we paid $10, 900 for. We received no refund and, to add insult to injury we paid an additional $4, 999 for the additional shares. The reason our maintenance fees were reduced is because we were tricked into buying a smaller unit on a bi-annual basis and GAVE back, without compensation, our original yearly larger unit.
You all should have copies of your deeds of purchase, what you may not have is the deed where Celebration became the owner of your first purchase. We were able to obtain a copy of this deed and it clearly shows Celebration in receipt of our original 14, 000 shares. Again, NO COMPENSATION FOR OUR EQUITY WAS RECEIVED BY US FROM THEM.
In short we where scammed by Celebrity World Resort.
Comments United States Timeshares / Vacation Rentals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2013 by   timeshare sceptic +1 Votes
Same thing here! I knew what I was doing but it sound good by converting to RCI points. These Florida regulated scam artists are back in Brazil with all our money and we left with a useless timeshare. Lesson learned: don't believe anything a timeshare salesman says and only half of what is written. I will stay with RCI and only do last call or extra vacations as any points from Celebration World are useless.
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   Dennis and Linda Deason 0 Votes
My wife and I were also tricked into buying into points, We were told that for 4, 900 dollars we would receive an additional 8400 points and we would have 181, 000 points to use every other year (even) and we could borrow or bank them . Now Festive has cut our points to 31, 000 points . not even enough to go back to our home resort. Ican't wait until they call us back into the room for a so called update. I believe they will loose sales
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   timeshare sceptic 0 Votes
You spent less than me on the "upgrade" but Festiva seems to think that all of us knew that we were getting something that was too good to be true. Not knowing anything about the points system, I don't thing any of us felt that, just that it was better than what we traded in (more CWR points). Also, I received a phone call from Festiva for a 3 night stay at their resort in exchange for a meeting with them about their exchange club. I declined at this time. These sharks will not get any of my business because they are all liars, started with the 90 minutes required. For the money spent, you can rent a week and not worry about a maintenance fee or willing it to your ungrateful kids. Have fun on your update.
 16th of Apr, 2013 by   Tomsan 0 Votes
Join other members who have are experiencing the same problems. Follow us and help us with a class action law suit. See scam report.com Celebrations world Resort (Festiva Orlando Resort)and also, check twitter @ TTBowe. We need to organize our complaints and hold Festiva accountable.. I have also posted on facebook under Celebrations world Resort. Complaints are growing and owners are talking to each other through these Web sites.
 27th of Dec, 2013 by   blaina 0 Votes
We have gotten scamed just like so many others. We have the same story, but what is everyone doing about the maintenance fees that they are still expecting us to pay. Not only did Festiva take away 3/4 of our points, now they want a little more in maintenance fees this year and next and the next. The rip off that keep keeps getting worse. How can we legally get out of this. I don't know how these people can get away with this. Is there a class action attorney that is handling this? I really need some advise as to what to do about these fees. I do not want to pay them, but I also don't want it to ruin our credit. Please help!!
 27th of Dec, 2013 by   Tomsan 0 Votes
Many people, including myself have been hurt by Festiva. There is a pending lawsuit being being pursued in Florida Federal court for us. We need everyone to get involved. The law group is Finn Law. Contact michaelfinn@finnlaw.com.

Carmela M. Febo