logo

Corporation For Character
Misleadingly Vague "survey"
2. (7 mins ago)
3Psychics.com Scam FRAUD Spell Rip Off Spellcaster Crime Gang 1-877-398-0778
3Psychics.com took my money and stopped answering my calls!
3. (11 mins ago)
JDNETT PROFITS
FRAUD
4. (15 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
5. (16 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Valerie

Rip off company

Feature Films For Families
familytv.com
My husband ordered movies from this company many years ago, and our daughter enjoyed them. That was over 10 years ago, and she has since moved out on her own. We don't have small children in our home anymore.

When the representative called, I explained this to him, and he assured me that the movies we would order would be movies that adults would enjoy, not just children's movies. I agreed to order some movies; I was not happy with the pressure that ensued to have me buy more and more movies as the call progressed.

When the movies arrived I was extremely disappointed to discover that of the 20 movies sent, only 2 would be not be considered movies for young children. I was upset because I made it quite clear to the caller that I didn't want this, and he sent them anyway.

I have just called today to cancel this order, and was told it would take about 6 weeks to process my refund. We'll see how that goes, but will notify the credit card company just in case there is a problem later on down the line.

If called again I will definitely ask to be taken off their call list, and will explain why in detail.
Comments United States DVD Order & Rental
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jan, 2009 by   Amy +1 Votes
I was once a faithful customer of Featured Films for Families...About 9-11 years ago, I purchased anywhere from 10-15 movies from them. I really wanted to support their cause. Recently they started calling again. I asked them nicely not to call my home any more and that if I wished to order from them I would do so over the internet. They gave me about a 2 week hiatus. Then the calls started again. Some days twice a day. I called today and spoke to Jesse in customer service and asked to be removed from the calling list. Without asking my name or number he said, "yeah" and hung up on me. I immediately called back to ask for a supervisor...and yes, I got Jesse again. So, I hung up and brought my complaint here.

I will NEVER support Featured Films For Families again.

Amy, Baton Rouge, LA
 11th of Feb, 2009 by   Cindy 0 Votes
I had the same type of harrasement by phone from sales. I reluctantly agreed to order 3 titles he had named. When the shipment arrived, instead of being 2 - 3 movies, I received a box full of 20 plus movies. The same argument insued when called about returning, so I have kept them, although, a few of the movies were the same ones I had ordered when my children were small. As the comment before me, I had ordered from this Company when my children were young, and I do not have any children at home any longer.

Years ago when I had ordered, I never had any problems, but now, I would not recommend them to anyone. I know I now own all of the titles they have.

Cindy, Seattle, WA
 27th of Feb, 2009 by   Content Customer -3 Votes
I don't understand what the problem is. Feature Films for Families is just trying to promote family oriented movies for children and parents around the world. They do this because they believe that children are always being influenced by what is on the television now days. For the first complaint you could have just told the man that you didn't want any films in the first place. Your an adult and should never be "pressured" into buying things. Feature Films is doing great cause and I love their movies. For the second and third comment, I don't understand why your complaining either. They didn't say that your refund would not be processed they simple are a very busy corporation and these things always take time. Especially over the postal service. Stop complaining!
 4th of Mar, 2009 by   Innocentious -1 Votes
To everyone that has had a problem at Feature films,

The biggest problem with communicating over the phone is communicating over the phone. The world of telemarketing, which is unfortunately the category of calling that Feature Films falls into is a very hostile one. I know that Feature Films makes mistakes, I wish it didn't when I see or hear stories like these I am saddened beyond belief because it is not what Feature Films is about.

The goal of Feature Films is simply to provide people with an alternative to what Hollywood produces. Not to say that Hollywood does not produce amazing films that are have great animation, entertaining stories, or even a few moral virtues. But what Feature Films is trying to create is a group of people who are trying to build entertainment that is uplifting and wholesome. A few of my personal favorites are 'The Ghost of Dickens Past', 'Jumping for Joy', and 'The Velveteen Rabbit' which we had a limited release of in the Theaters and tried to market over the phone ( which blew up in our face unfortunately, people just hate anyone calling on the phone anymore ). When I watch these films and many others produced by Feature Films I am uplifted and feel more in touch with my family. They inspire me.

I know that Feature Films also has a 'no means no' policy. Their goal is not to alienate people, though unfortunately it is remarkably easy to do. But I also know that they want to make sure they offer people alternative ways of supporting the cause of producing more films like the aforementioned above. Unfortunately giving people alternative ways of supporting can seem like being insistent to some people ( we all have different levels when we feel pressured ) But believe it or not it is really hard to figure that out for each person, so the company has tried to create a standardized format for talking to people so that at least we are as consistent as possible.

I am so sorry to anyone who feels that we have wronged them, all I can say is we are not trying to. We are only trying to help people understand and accept that their support goes toward producing perhaps not the most entertaining film, or the most technically advanced cinematography in the world but it does produce entertainment that touches lives and helps people learn, or remember what life is all about. I can't even count all the letters from people who, because of the support of people who have bought our films, have had better lives because of it. Thank you all for supporting, I am so sorry you had problems, I hope they are resolved in a timely fashion.
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   vickie dupaul 0 Votes
I ordered movies about 9 years ago, the last one in 2002. I recently started getting calls again on my cell phone
I told them I was not interesred not to call me again they called 4 more times. Then i recieved in the mail a past due bill dated from 2002. The first time I have recieved one. I have also moved since 2002. They called on my cell phone once again and told me that if I ordered 1 movie they would wipe out the debt I was so mad and explained that I was not going to pay a bill that is dated from 2002 7 years ago I will be sending everthing I have to the attorny general og missouri. They are a scam
 25th of Mar, 2009 by   Incensed +1 Votes
This is a direct not to "Innocentious": Apparently my wife ordered some films from FFFF years ago and we are on your call list. You have called twice in the past week. During the first call I told "Jeff" that we were no longer interested and he hung up on me. Tonight "Jeff" called again and when I told him to take us off their call list he once again hung up on me. Our phone number is listed on the national DO NOT CALL list, yet you keep calling and will not heed my warning to take us off your call list. ONLY a class action suit and multiple complaints to the DO NOT CALL list agency will stop you jerks, and I intend to log my complaint as soon as I finish this message. You need to be put out of business, whether you think your tactics are defensible or not. Your tactics are nothing more than harassment.
To all other potential FFFF customers: Definitely, DO NOT do business with these creeps. They are bad news.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   JJJ +1 Votes
I am a UK resident and once, several years ago, ordered a film from FFFF - never again. I get at least one call a week from them trying to "persuade" me to buy more films. I do not want anything from them ever again, but no matter how many times I explain this, they keep calling. Now, I am afraid, although I consider it very rude, I simply put the phone down when I hear "This is Feature Films for Families".
 8th of Apr, 2009 by   tnnuke 0 Votes

THE NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY

REGISTER YOUR HOME OR MOBILE PHONE NUMBER

-or-

FILE A COMPLAINT
 21st of Apr, 2009 by   Bev George +1 Votes
Stupid me, I said yes and was instantly and persistantly pressured to buy more. When I politely but firmly replied "No" to each new tactic, I was hung up on. Now I'm getting shipments anyway. I have not opened them, don't intend to, and have no intentions of paying for unsolicited shipments, regardless of the lies written on the sellers records!
Fool me once...
 14th of May, 2009 by   Toddy 0 Votes
I ordered films for my Two year old and she is now 15 and some how they got the cell phone number of my Boyfriend! And starte d to call him for me. HOW DID THEY GET HIS CELL PHONE NUMBER!!! They wont stop calling him and it's causing problems in our relationship. He is asking me who this Jesse is!
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   Felmkes10 +1 Votes
I've never bought anything from FFFF but they keep calling me asking for someone else. This has happened at least 10 times, more if you count the times I recognize the number and don't answer (they call from 3-4 different numbers at least). When I say I'm not the person they're looking for, they just hang up.

I did some websearching and noticed how they settled with Verizon for $25, 000 in NJ just this year for unsolicited telemarketing and violating the DNC list. Their web presence is DOMINATED by complaints, just do a quick search yourself to see. It's amazing. I find it kind of funny at this point. They just keep calling, calling, calling, ... and I'll proselytize at every chance, what a slimy telemarketing campaign these people run.

If they are truly trying to do the Lord's work, they took a wrong turn several miles back.
 12th of Jun, 2009 by   nunof yobusiness 0 Votes
They just called me on my cell phone from-913-299-9343. they asked if "the lady of the house was available?" I said no shes not, whos calling? he replied with Thank you, bye-bye.
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   nobody n particular 0 Votes
I just got the same annoying "is the lady of the house was available" call. On my unlisted cell. I told them they had reached THE (my town) POLICE DEPARTMENT!!! I say we bombard them with reverse calls.
 30th of Jul, 2009 by   God is still alive -1 Votes
I don't understand why people are complaining. Are you adults? Why then are you 'giving in' to peer pressure. Maybe you should watch some of their movies on this topic. Some said they gave in because of the pressure, but next time they will say no. GROW UP. I've been buying from them for 12 years and have never had an issue. I do not always buy. I have rec'd calls, and they respect me.

It is hysterical to read comments from adults saying they gave in and bought movies. My goodness, how old are you? How can we teach our children that no means no when you can't follow the policy?
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   Fed up with telemarketers 0 Votes
For the person who keeps defending this company, this is obviously personal to you. All of these complaints are valid. It is harassment to be called continuously after you have told a company not to. They are being adults and telling FFFF no, but they aren't being listened to. They are having telemarketers hang up on them when they don't give the answer expected. Perhaps you are not really reading the complaints. You are obviously biased and would not admit that the company's telemarketing strategies seem to be offensive and deceitful. I commend you for your wonderful relationship with FFFF for 12 years, but it is not such a pleasant relationship for many other people. I also have had bad dealings with FFFF: they call too much; they don't like to hear 'no'; they hang up when they feel like they have no chance of getting me to order everything they offer; they send videos I never ordered in the first place; and charge me for movies that they said were a free gift with the rest of my purchase. I appreciate the movies and the values they promote (although the company seems to struggle with integrity themselves). Too bad that selling movies takes precedence over the values that they are trying to put forward.
 10th of Aug, 2009 by   nhamye 0 Votes
I was just online trying to contact someone about the harrassing phone calls I have been getting from FFFF. I was a client of FFFF ten years ago. About 6 months ago they started calling me again. I explained that my children were grown and I am NOT interested. They call me 2-3 times a day now. I am SO fed up. How rude and inconsiderate. I was shocked to read so many similar problems with this company. They may have a good cause...but they are destroying their reputaion by harrassing people.
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   SueZ 0 Votes
I purchased a number of films from this company when my children were very young. They are now 23 and 26 and like many others here, I recently began getting phone calls again. I, like a previous poster have moved (over 7 years ago) and have a different UNLISTED phone number ... and yet they tracked me down. Quite frankly, that freaked me out. What annoys me about this company is their persistence after repeatedly being told "no". I'm not going to give into them ... but they do really try to tug at the heart strings ... and also use guilt to try to persuade former customers to re up. Also, pay attention to that voice when they call you back (and you know they will) I think that it's actually a recording...which would explain the hang ups.
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   vapor1 0 Votes
They started out to promote their false religion (Morman) when that did not work and they got money hungry they changed a little. They just called me again. They call all day every day! They were also sued in MO for teaming up with a company that was supose to be a film critic company.
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   dfish 0 Votes
I like FFFF and their products and I've never had the kind of bad experiences expressed here. I would, however, like to comment on these bad experiences:

To those 'pressured' into buying: doh! say no. hang up. Geez!

To those who get calls and are on the DNC list: Report them here,
http://www.donotcall.gov, and click on “File a complaint.”

To those who get 'rude' calls: (you) be polite and you'll be able to get enough info to report the rude telemarketer to FFFF--who, I believe, will take corrective action.

To vapor1: although not considered 'false' by millions of people, the correct spelling is Mormon. Furthermore, FFFF isn't affiliated with a particular religious group. If you've got issues with Mormons, attack them directly (elsewhere).

For those, like vapor1, that cite law suits filed as evidence of wrongdoing: anybody can be sued. The bigger the pockets, the more a company is a magnet for allegations--often false. That's the fault of our roll-the-dice-and-get-lucky legal system, not the company's. Indeed, settling out of court isn't an admission of guilt necessarily, but a tacit recognition of the extreme expense that a proper defense would be.

To Felmkes10: I think their objective is to make money producing Family Friendly Films. While that may be "the Lord's work" to some, FFFF isn't a proselytizing organization, but a business.
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   retail savvy 0 Votes
I have been dealing with FFFF for many years now and I have to admit that their choice of telemarketeers has not been their best decision. I have been in retail for many, many years and when you use a source outside of your company it can adversely affect your company. There were quite a few times that I was harassed by the telemarketeers relentlessly but I continued to refuse and hang up when they wouldn't take no for an answer. I almost stopped ordering movies from them because of this but I called FFFF directly and received polite and helpful assistance. The calls stopped and they didn't call me but once or twice a year. I, like many of you, have had billing issues and call issues but I have had these same problems with many other companies as well because of the telemarketing companies that are used. I believe that the government needs to put more stringent rules and control over these companies so that they don't ruin the reputations of the companies that they are representing. I guess they believe they are untouchable because they get away with it. I still believe in the wholesome movies that they sell and although my children are all grown up now I still like to buy them for my grandchildren. It is funny that no one is suing the telemarketing companies that cause these problems.

Madoff Admits Running 50bn Scam