logo

Jobsandcash.com
They didn’t provide job
5. (6 mins ago)
Qbule
They didn’t pay for the job

Consumer Tips & Tricks

ePassportPhoto.com

Posted:    Guillermo

Bad experience

ePassportPhoto.com
This company offers to deliver prints of passport photos through your local Walgreens store, and actually violates Walgreens company policy in the process. We have an infant baby and found it best to take our own passport photos rather than try and get passport photos in a store. So we paid $6.95 through PayPal and went to our local Walgreens to pick up our pictures.

ePassportPhoto sent us this warning in their confirmation e-mail:

"When approaching the Photo Center ask for order # 4366218008 under the name of EPP LLC (do not mention that your prints are passport photos as a small number of Walgreens employees feel that ePassportPhoto.com is competing with Walgreens may have issues)."

This was a red flag for us and we were told that Walgreens cannot print 3rd party passport photos; they only process in house passport pictures. Obviously ePassportPhoto has a flawed delivery system and is not supported by Walgreens.

We have filed a request for a refund and notified Visa to file a complaint against ePassportPhoto.com. We are posting this complaint on-line in hopes that others do not have to experience the same problem.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More ePassportPhoto.com complaints
ePassportPhoto.com - quality of image

Comments

20th of Mar, 2010 by   Bob2010 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. You would hope that this vendor has ties with Walgreens since they are using this option on their website but they don't. Stay away from ordering online. Just download the photo and print yourself at any store.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   arandano 0 Votes
Very similar story here and I'm filing a complaint with paypal tomorrow over the $6.95.

The Walgreen's I selected claimed there was no such order number. I wasted two trips to check. Both times the clerks were a little irritated that it wasn't under a last name or phone number, but they searched the bins and found nothing. I'm thinking that if it ever actually was sent, the person that printed them immediately dumped them when they saw they were from epassportphoto.com.

I emailed "customer service" back (I'm guessing this is probably one person operation). He/she told me to select a new Walgreens and they would send them there. This time, no confirmation number or time that they would be ready. I emailed a couple more times asking for confirmation, but he/she is no longer replying, and hasn't replied regarding a refund.

What I've lost: three days time to get my photos, two wasted trips to walgreens, and $6.95. Searching on the epassportphotos.com name and "scam" I'm also seeing people concerned that this is an elaborate phishing and biometric identity theft site. I'm not sure about the latter, but I do know that it's a lot easier to just show up at Walgreens, pay the $9 or whatever and get your pictures on the spot in a few minutes the legit way.
 27th of Apr, 2010 by   tazman999 -1 Votes
this website also can create passport photos:
it uses face detection
 16th of Jun, 2010 by   geekgirl 0 Votes
I'm on board with everyone else filing complaints against epassportphotos.com, but my concerns were a bit different. Rather than send my order to a Walgreens, I have been waiting for nearly three weeks for photos to arrive in the mail and I'm still waiting.

After multiple queries, customer service finally responded and confirmed that they photos were sent. They then proceeded to blame the USPS for losing them, claimed to resend my photos, and still nothing. At last, in a badly worded email, they offered me an electronic coupon for a free order, which left me wondering whether I would be getting my photos at all. When I finally decided to try the whole process again, the coupon didn't even work at checkout!

Not sure if they think I'm foolish enough to try to pay for the same item twice, but at this point, I've decided to finally just hike to a photo center and get them on the spot. I guess one moral of the story would be that laziness just doesn't pay. But another moral would certainly be that if it sounds too good or too easy to be true, it probably ain't.
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   JohntyBoy 0 Votes
Ordered Photos to arrive at home. The order confirmation email had no order number, phone number or dates when they would be delivered. Still though something will happen. But, nothing arrived.
This company is a scam! What a waste of such a good idea!

Let me repeat: epassportphoto.com is a scam. Hope google picks up and people stop going to this site.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   HeinzHH 0 Votes
epassportphoto.com has indeed a seriously flawed delivery system. The original e-mail confirmation had no order number, no delivery date. When after two weeks no photos had arrived, three separate emails requesting clarification were not answered. Later they claimed "server problems". Then they stated the photos had supposedly been sent. Still nothing. Finally they even stated the photos had been "sent by 2 day express". Now, after ~ 6 weeks still no photos. Last email from them suggested that I must pick up my photos at Target or Walgreens.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   manmath nayak 0 Votes
I had a very bad experience with it. After i sent the photos and money through pay pal they wanted a different photo to be attached and sent.After I did that there was absolutely no response in spite of sending so many messages and asking return of money. Stay away.
Manmath Nayak
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   littlestella10 0 Votes
Ordered photos to be mailed to my home, after 8 weeks still nothing had arrived. I contacted epassportphoto.com's customer service 6 times and never got a response. I finally contacted PayPal and filed a complaint. The next day I finally got a return email from epassportphoto.com saying they have no records of my order. I sent them a copy of THEIR confirmation letter they sent me and a copy of the paypal receipt. A few days pass and still no response. I emailed them again, got nothing. After 5 days I contacted PayPal and updated the complaint. Within 24hrs I received an email saying "We refunded your money, have a nice day".

Wow, what a professional company! I am shocked, but happy I at least got my money back. I suggest more of you contact PayPal as well.
 29th of Sep, 2010 by   stephen port 0 Votes
I agreed with all of them. what a scam epassportphoto.com! User tazman999 recommended http://idphoto4you.com. They claim to be able to take out shadow but it can not be done with their programing. I give up... looking for a photographer
 18th of Nov, 2010 by   gerrr33 0 Votes
I'm afraid epassportphoto.com is probably not to blame here, it's probably Walgreens. Walgreens are the ones who ignore your order, because competes with their business.
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   arandano 0 Votes
I think you are missing the poing (re: I'm afraid epassportphoto.com is probably not to blame here, it's probably Walgreens."

The owner of epassportphoto.com (and I'm pretty sure it's just a one woman operation) knows full well that Walgreens doesn't want anything to do with her money making scheme, and they have every right to not enable her -- she's attempting to use their equipment to directly compete with them. Knowing this, she continues to send photos there trying to obscure her identity. When Walgreens finds out, it's the customer that loses - a wasted trip and then the bother of having to ask the woman at epassportphoto.com repeatedly for a refund, like I did.
She should work out an arrangement with a retailer that is willing to work with her in the open and gets a cut. Not to try to cheat Walgreens out of a sale. Walgreens is not the bad guy here.
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   karish 0 Votes
I just ordered from these guys and it worked flawlessly. They obviously process thousands of orders, so I guess it's reasonable that there have been a few glitches along the way.
 12th of Dec, 2010 by   Zrebel -1 Votes
I ordered mine on Friday and have yet to get a confirmation email. Scam
 23rd of Dec, 2010 by   babomba +1 Votes
Never received the prints I ordered. The merchant did not respond to my complaint until I threatened to dispute the charge to my credit card. The merchant's response at that point was just a duplicate of the order confirmation. Eventually the merchant promised delivery by a certain date. When the prints didn't arrive by that date I complained again and was told that the prints should arrive in a few days. A few days passed and there were still no prints. Having read the complaints here, I decided to waste no more time and to dispute the credit card transaction. I received a refund on my credit card within about one day. I hope the merchant had to pay a chargeback fee to the credit card processor.
 17th of Jan, 2011 by   Sheldon Len -2 Votes
I was hesitant before putting an order through ePassportPhoto. But boy, these guys were so good that I'm so happy I ordered through them - the response time for my order status inquiry was the fastest ever I got from any website.
--Sheldon
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   User9999 0 Votes
One month since order to epassportphoto and I never received photos ordered and paid through PayPal. No response by company at all, no confirmation of order, no response to my queries. I have a dispute in with PayPal. Stay away from this one.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   bhavins 0 Votes
This website is fraud. If you send an invalid photo (e.g. off-white background which may not be plain) and use Pro service to deliver it. They will still deliver it to you. They won't tell you that this photo will not work for you. Then what they charged for the service :D. While communicating w/ company about that you will get response like photo seems okay! It seems its only single person operation. They don't have contact no. :) and no address of company on the website.
 4th of May, 2011 by   saahar 0 Votes
I order online today. No confirmation and no communication. I wish I have seen this page before. It seems epassportphoto.com is running scam.
 6th of Oct, 2011 by   SydneyResident 0 Votes
I am convinced they are a scam. No confirmation, no response to emails. Have complained to PayPal.
 7th of Oct, 2011 by   SydneyResident 0 Votes
I withdraw my comments about them being a scam. The photos arrived via a local Australian online photo service, SnapFish. Nevertheless I give epassportphotos demerits for no communication whatever

When Economy Is Bad - Everything Is Bad!

Latest Groups