Enhanced Recovery Corp (ERC)

Annoying phone calls

It's been about 2 week, every morning at around 8:10 am I got a call with the message: "Please hold for a message from ERC." At first I wanted to know who it is from and hold it for a while, then it automatically turn off by itself. After a few times like that, one morning I got a real person. The lady asked me if I live at such address. After I told her that's not my address and ask what the purpose of the call, she said it was for an important business. Then she ask for my birth date. After I refuse to tell her, she asked me for my last 4 digits of SSN. After this I knew it was totally a 'straight to the face' ID THEFT. I told her that I would never give out my info and hung up. But again and again, very promptly at 8:10 am everyday, I still receive the call. I just want to get to a real person this time to request to take my name off the calling list, even though I a, too, had register with the Do Not Call Registry. Other than one more time that I got another actual person, long enough or me to hear her: "Hello? Hello?" then she hung up, I never got a chance for my request. I work late at night and sometimes I just got about 3 hours of sleep and they disturb me with the calls that make me stay awake thereafter due to the annoyance.
Please help!!! You can tell how frustrated I am. :-(
Complaint comments Comments (10) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful?
More Enhanced Recovery Corp (ERC) Complaints & Reviews
Enhanced Recovery Corp (ERC) - Inconsiderate Employees

23rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have also been getting the same phone call at odd hours of the day. If we answer the phone it says, "Please hold for a message from ERC..." Then hangs up. If it goes to voice-mail, it says that they are from the Enhanced Recovery Center trying to collect a debt, please call so-and-so number back. The one time we did call back, it said we have called during non-business hours. Since they don't even have a name when they call, I wouldn't give them any information.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Here is the deal with you guys complaints...ERC is a collection agency that is attempting to collect a debt. The number that they called was given by the indivisuals they are trying to reach (THE DEBTOR) at some point n time or another. ERC is a 3rd party collection that collects for their clients. They are not a debt purchaser...If ERC is calling the wrong number just simply call the number back and request your telephone # b removed and it will be taken off of the automated dialer.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
ooh and legal calling time is from 8am to 9pm and the calls are made or dialed based upon the area code listed on your phone #. So if you live n CA and have a phone with a TX area code you might wanna get that changed to stop calls from coming n out side of your time zone
 7th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
1) I don't owe money to anyone. 2) If I did, I wouldn't wait for a live person. If you want my money, give me your time.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Having the same problem now. They're calling every day of the week with varying times. If I answer the phone I get the "please hold for a message from ERC" and then it just goes to a busy signal automatically. I've been blocking the phone numbers through my Verizon VoIP settings, but of course the exact number changes frequently.
 11th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
erc has got to be a scam...They call and do not even leave a message. I found out who they were by calling back and getting a machine. Mr. Obama do your job.
 18th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
It is a real company . I can no longer pay my credit card debt and it got turned over to them, . They now call using a local number and when I pick up they say it is about a business matter. The guy then told me to stop using foul language and that he would hang up, ...He CALLED ME! HE WAS INVADING MY PRIVACY! These people are bad news.
 18th of Aug, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Guess what they are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. If they were so above board you would think they would be
 28th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I got a google voice #. I found out which creditor was giving out my info and changed my # with them. Low and behold they started calling my google #. Now I get emails that I missed a call.
 28th of Sep, 2015 by    0 Votes
I too was getting calls. I got a google voice phone #. I have one creditor I am in contact with. I changed my phone # to my google # and low and behold ERC started calling it. I now get emails that I missed a call. Not nearly as annoying

Contact Us