Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Enhanced Recovery Corp (ERC) Complaints & Reviews - Annoying phone calls

Enhanced Recovery Corp (ERC) Contacts & Informations

Enhanced Recovery Corp (ERC)

Posted:

Annoying phone calls

It's been about 2 week, every morning at around 8:10 am I got a call with the message: "Please hold for a message from ERC." At first I wanted to know who it is from and hold it for a while, then it automatically turn off by itself. After a few times like that, one morning I got a real person. The lady asked me if I live at such address. After I told her that's not my address and ask what the purpose of the call, she said it was for an important business. Then she ask for my birth date. After I refuse to tell her, she asked me for my last 4 digits of SSN. After this I knew it was totally a 'straight to the face' ID THEFT. I told her that I would never give out my info and hung up. But again and again, very promptly at 8:10 am everyday, I still receive the call. I just want to get to a real person this time to request to take my name off the calling list, even though I a, too, had register with the Do Not Call Registry. Other than one more time that I got another actual person, long enough or me to hear her: "Hello? Hello?" then she hung up, I never got a chance for my request. I work late at night and sometimes I just got about 3 hours of sleep and they disturb me with the calls that make me stay awake thereafter due to the annoyance.
Please help!!! You can tell how frustrated I am. :-(
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
We have also been getting the same phone call at odd hours of the day. If we answer the phone it says, "Please hold for a message from ERC..." Then hangs up. If it goes to voice-mail, it says that they are from the Enhanced Recovery Center trying to collect a debt, please call so-and-so number back. The one time we did call back, it said we have called during non-business hours. Since they don't even have a name when they call, I wouldn't give them any information.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Here is the deal with you guys complaints...ERC is a collection agency that is attempting to collect a debt. The number that they called was given by the indivisuals they are trying to reach (THE DEBTOR) at some point n time or another. ERC is a 3rd party collection that collects for their clients. They are not a debt purchaser...If ERC is calling the wrong number just simply call the number back and request your telephone # b removed and it will be taken off of the automated dialer.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
ooh and legal calling time is from 8am to 9pm and the calls are made or dialed based upon the area code listed on your phone #. So if you live n CA and have a phone with a TX area code you might wanna get that changed to stop calls from coming n out side of your time zone
 7th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
1) I don't owe money to anyone. 2) If I did, I wouldn't wait for a live person. If you want my money, give me your time.
 28th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Having the same problem now. They're calling every day of the week with varying times. If I answer the phone I get the "please hold for a message from ERC" and then it just goes to a busy signal automatically. I've been blocking the phone numbers through my Verizon VoIP settings, but of course the exact number changes frequently.
 11th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
erc has got to be a scam...They call and do not even leave a message. I found out who they were by calling back and getting a machine. Mr. Obama do your job.

Contact Us