logo

Wholly unacceptable

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Elle Communications, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - Sales Marketing Scam

Elle Communications Contacts & Informations

2525 NW Expressway, Suite 103
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Phone: 405-840-3553
ellecommunicationsinc.com
When I was looking for a job I had posted my resume on a few job search websites such as Career Builder. I got a call from Elle Communications saying they received my resume and would like an interview. Which was odd because I didn't remember applying for the position. Anyways I went to the interview and there was 5 people waiting. They said they wanted me to come to Round 2 of interviews to show us more about the company. When I got there the next day all of us who were at the first interviews were also there so I didn't see the point. This time there was a lot more of us and a different rep took each one of us to lunch to talk about the company. Basically they will hire anyone because noone actually wants to do it. They just gave us a bunch of BS before saying it a commission based door to door salesman. At first they said the hours are 10-8 but then stated they usually get there at 8. So you're wanting me to work from 8-8 without getting paid?!? They said they would have to talk to the insurance company about benefits so basically they have no straight forward answers. Because they are an independent contractor they can do what they want with the money you make. They promise you will get promoted fast except I asked how many people get to the 3rd position and he said no one at the company is there yet. You start out in the 1st position doing the dirty door to door work. The 2nd position you are basically trying to find people to do the dirty work for you every week. Sounds fishy & like a pyramid scheme for business to me.

Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Elle Communications complaints
Elle Communications - Sales and Marketing Interview

Comments

24th of Jan, 2012 by   dapeent +2 Votes
Thanks for comment. You might have just saved a lot of time and trouble. I agree with everything you said. It sounded very fishy. They make it sound too good to be true. I thought they were hiring in managers, but they aren't. Everyone who works there is trying to get the same manager job. I have been in a pyramid scheme before and this sounds pretty similar to it. I thought I would be getting a great job, but it is all commission based and a lot of things are out of pocket. Salesmen are tricky even when they are hiring in.
 25th of Jan, 2012 by   hoppern -3 Votes
I definitely disagree with this. I had the opportunity to interview with the company, however, because of a change in location, I was not able to accept the position. Yes, the position requires hard work. Any entry-level position does. However, this company is expanding rapidly, while others in this economy are not. The company will be expanding into almost 10 new opportunities within the year. You will be able to find complaints in any market or company, but I believe it all boils down to who is willing to work for what they want in a career. I hope that people are not led astray by the previous comments, and take the time to check out the company themselves, if given the chance.
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   ASites +1 Votes
This company is a COMPLETE PYRAMID SCHEME! BEWARE! They will have you come in for an interview and SELL SELL SELL. But the will never actually tell you what they are selling. They tell you that you will make betweet $200-$400 in the first few weeks then you will be promoted to the "leadership" position where you will make between $500-$1000 a week...blah blah blah. The "owner" of the company is collecting on ALL of the "employees" under her. They tell you that they offer health insurance but if you ask questions they will beat around the bush. They may be linked with Blue Cross Blue Shield but you pay every cent. And they offer TONS of tax write offs so that you think that they are paying your cell phone, travel, etc...they're not! And at the very end of the interview, they'll say that out of 110 people who got a phone interview they will only chose 2 people for the job. Kind of weird how I was "the chosen one" but don't even have a college degree. Ya, i have the looks and personality to be very successful in selling but come on! I'm soooo glad that I didn't fall for it. Sorry Elle, better luck next time!
 26th of Apr, 2012 by   nberkshire -1 Votes
I was recently employed at Elle, and from first hand experience I can tell you that these comments are totally wrong. Keep in mind the people commenting never actually worked at the company and are basing all of their assumptions off of strictly an interview. The people at the company were extremely friendly and it is in no way any form of pyramid scheme or scam. It is a management development program. While I was there I learned a lot about sales and management. It was a great opportunity, i just was looking for something a little different. If a person is looking for a management or sales position I would suggest looking at Elle communications.
 28th of Jun, 2012 by   onmyjob1 +1 Votes
i have an interview with them tomorrow and im trying to decide rather you guys are right about it being commission or what cause im not to good with sales and hope thats not what they are expecting of me but we will see and i will be back to make another comment tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
 13th of Aug, 2012 by   KailaLauridsen  Best Advice +4 Votes
My husband recently worked at this company. He had to quit after a week! We live thirty minutes from the location. He was leaving at 7 a.m. and not getting home until 11 p.m. They said all of this about quick advancement and gave him a sheet detailing such but no one there had been promoted and the guys were there 2-3 years. We went out with everyone there because they do that every Thursday and basically employees were talking about how they had to stay with parents the first year from not making anything. He was told he would make 300-500 the first week even if he didn't sell. He sold three accounts and no money. He quit after one week exactly and paychecks were scheduled the following Monday. On Tuesday we asked for his check and they said they sent it in the mail. We have waited for this check for three weeks and nothing. We have texted and called and no one answers, in the text the asst. manager says it was sent. THREE WEEKS AGO!? Do not work for this place. I am reporting them to the better business bureau. He worked for free basically.
 29th of Aug, 2012 by   Tanny Liebmann +2 Votes
Wow, so glad I found this site! I have an interview with them later this morning but have been hesitant. Their website is vague and doesnt say anything about what they sell or who they sell and market for. When I asked the person who called me in regards to the job, she said AT&T in the OKC area and a couple of other names. I am definately NOT a sales person nor do I want to work for commission. After asking her if it is a commision based job, she told me that there are several different salary plans, which she isn't at liberty say or have knowledge to speak about, but they will explain more in the interview. Thanks to this websit I will NOT be going to the interview...My intuition was right!! (My resume was found by ELLE on careerbuilder.com as well)
 10th of Sep, 2012 by   xandifoxx 0 Votes
I worked for Elle for a week and the people there are fun and they have a very laid back atmosphere in the office. However alot of the things people are saying is true! It is door to door sales for AT&T and commission based. But I was told I would make 300-500$ a week during training and 600-1000$ after being promoted to leadership. I just recently moved to this area so that sounded like dream come true. But on my first day I was told that I would have to split my earnings with whomever was training me! It envolves a lot of walking in neiborhoods asking people to switch from thier existing cable carrier to AT&T. In which I found out that not too many people were pleased with AT&T services and weren't willing to do so! This job basically consist of walking all day to maybe get one or two accounts if your lucky! They do have a very good process in trainging for sales and if your fresh out of high school and still live with your parents this may be something you can do. But it wasn't for me! I don't think its a pyramid scam I just think you have to work a little bit harder to advance than they say! Remember they sale things for a living so it's not hard for them to sale this job to you! That's what they did to me! I bought it hook ...line...and sinker!!
 28th of Nov, 2012 by   Ex Worker for Elle +1 Votes
Elle is a scam job
 12th of Dec, 2012 by   madmommy81 +2 Votes
Oh my goodness I am SO glad I decided to look this company up! I was really just wanting to make sure I knew exactly where I was going because I'm supposed to have an interview with them today at 1:15. I will not be wasting my time or gas on this place. I am a single mom and I cannot afford to work for free! I hate companies like this they waste good peoples time & money. These type of companies should be illegal!
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by   dsday1 +1 Votes
I'm so glad I found this site They called me & I have an interview today I'm not going to waste my time. There are to many negatives & just a few positive. Your right about their website the links do not even work to find out about the company and it has not been updated since 2011 look at the bottom of it. I did not even apply for an Account Manager position. The reviews about this company are current too.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   Ex Worker for Elle +1 Votes
Do not waste you time with this company. Elle is a scam company that promises HUGE salaries but employees end up working for free most times. Long days for little or no pay. BEWARE!
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   Ex Worker for Elle +2 Votes
When I was looking for a job I had posted my resume on a few job search websites such as Career Builder. I got a call from Elle Communications saying they received my resume and would like an interview. Which was odd because I didn't remember applying for the position. Anyways I went to the interview and there was 5 people waiting. They said they wanted me to come to Round 2 of interviews to show us more about the company. When I got there the next day all of us who were at the first interviews were also there so I didn't see the point. This time there was a lot more of us and a different rep took each one of us to lunch to talk about the company. Basically they will hire anyone because no one actually wants to do it. They just gave us a bunch of BS before saying it a commission based door to door salesman. At first they said the hours are 10-8 but then stated they usually get there at 8. So you're wanting me to work from 8-8 without getting paid?!? They said they would have to talk to the insurance company about benefits so basically they have no straight forward answers. Because they are an independent contractor they can do what they want with the money you make. They promise you will get promoted fast except I asked how many people get to the 3rd position and he said no one at the company is there yet. You start out in the 1st position doing the dirty door to door work. The 2nd position you are basically trying to find people to do the dirty work for you every week. Sounds fishy & like a pyramid scheme for business to me.
 5th of Mar, 2013 by   These employees -3 Votes
Most of these people leaving comments were not good at the sales and Are full of excuses. None of you will ever own your own business. It is not a scam the owner makes more than 100k per yr and started in the same position as everyone else at the bottom. Most of the ones complaining will be employees for the rest of their lives nothing wrong with that but everyone isn't made to own their own business. Y'all think you are but u aren't. If u want to run your own business then Elle is for you but if that is too much to ask then its not, the door to door part is only temporary but most people are not willing to put in the work, everyone who complained in this post wants instant gratification. That's why at best most of you will just be average make 60 to 70k a yr that's why only 7% of America makes 6 figures cause most don't want to put in the work.
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   JlMorgan +1 Votes
I went in for an interview in Nov. 2012. Total scam. I have a bachelor's in marketing. The company was presented as a marketing firm in the telephone conversation. It was also presented as a marketing firm at the face to face interview. There were several others present for interviews including a friend of mine without a degree. They say they'll call at 5 or you aren't the chosen applicant, and they didn't call me. However, they did call my friend. Why, might you ask? Because my friend seemed more gullible than I did. I knew what I was talking about and the woman doing the interview chose the easiest person to fool.
 1st of Jul, 2013 by   TRBab +1 Votes
I was actually scheduled for an interview at 9:15 a.m. on 2 July 2013. My husband found this site and showed it to me. Needless to say, I sent an email back to the hiring manager telling them that I would not make this interview. Thank You for the comments and helping me with my "gut feeling" about something not right with this job. You saved me a lot of headaches as I do not have the money to waste on this kind of job. I make $160.00 per week hard cash from babysitting my grand daughter, of which $100.00 has to go to rent and $40.00 has to go to electric, therefore leaving hardly any money for food let alone gasoline for a 1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille-V8. Thanks for this site being out here and warning people of this scam/pyramid scheme.
 2nd of Jul, 2013 by   Ashbug 0 Votes
Wow I have an interview with this company tomorrow morning. I started to look at their site but couldn't figure much out about the company, and decided to look further. I'm glad I fought this site, it is too hot to walk around all day in business attire. I'm going to have to pass too. I tried asking over the phone the starting salary and the rep advised her manager would have to deal with that. I am not trying to waste my time
 16th of Jul, 2013 by   Lol 160 a week -2 Votes
Wow!!! You make 160 bucks a week?? People who work at the job u turned down make that in a day. People are lazy these days and don't want to work they would rather sit on their ass and make bare minimums
 27th of Jul, 2013 by   Just the truth.. -2 Votes
Lol at all of you! People who are writing bad reviews right now are just lazy and don't want to put in the hours for a badass check! With this job I actually look forward to waking up every morning to go work in such an incredibly positive atmosphere with people who actually care about helping everyone make progress towards management! I Easily make $800-$900 a week and love doing what I do!! It's just funny to see everyone turning down the opportunity of a lifetime haha no worries though, no one wants lazy people working for them so Peace!
 31st of Jul, 2013 by   N2deep23 0 Votes
It's funny how after every couple of negative comments someone from the company gets on here and posts about how much money they make and try to make it seem like more than one person is posting the responses. The truth is, if the company wasn't operating a thinly veiled pyramid scheme they wouldn't be concerned about the posts here and they would respond. It's obviously a door to door multi level marketing company. Similar to the vacuum cleaner sales people or encyclopedia sales people. Probably owned by someone fairly sharp with some kind of marketing degree from the university of Phoenix or some other shoddy college that has developed a fairly lucrative marketing "scam". She probably has a couple of "key" people (ie friends or relatives) working there as "managers" and they get paid some pathetic $38k salary and recruit idiots to do the door to door sales for little money and long hours. Stay away from this company, I have never dealt with them and never will, so I have no vested interest one way or another. Just wait for the company response to this post, it will say something about the amazing work place and teamwork and some other bs. But it's all fake, it's all the owner or her cronies trying to do damage control so they can continue to peruse the career sites pulling people's resumes that have limited skills and/or education. I sure they call these people and sound super excited about how they "got your résumé and are currently looking to hire and train management positions in sports marketing" or something along those lines. My next move is to contact the CFPB and my boss at the Ok Employment Securites Comission as well as a couple of people I know at the Okla Tax Commission and have them look into this "marketing" company. If anyone wants to see who is actually the registered agents for this company, all you have to do is contact the office of the Secretary of State, that is public record and free to obtain.

Consumer Financial Protection Plan