logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Direct TV
Charges for moving or cancellation
2. (3 mins ago)
Direct TV
Free HD DVR
3. (7 mins ago)
Magic Chef Wine Cooler
Compressor failure
4. (22 mins ago)
Detective Constable Ryan Kimens
Detective Constable Ryan Kimens and his brother Andrew Kimmens run a sports gaming ring in York Region
5. (40 mins ago)

eFollett

Posted: 2011-01-19 by    Bdb

No transparency or help

eFollett
I rented a textbook at my university's branch of eFollett. When I got back to my dorm I found 2 emails sent 2 minutes apart. The first one was for the book I rented. The latter one was for a textbook I never heard of, let alone rented. When I contacted the store and spoke to a manager, he told me to come in the next day and speak with him again. I went in and explained what I was having trouble with. He said "okay, " as if it were a question, and that I had done something wrong. I pulled out the copy of the emails, and he took them and left me standing there without saying a word. After 10-15 minutes, he came back and said they had no record of the rental, and that I had to contact eFollett through their website. On the website, it only lists the contact info for the individual stores, which I had already contacted. There was no info for the national organization, and now I am left with nothing but bad experiences with the company and no help after having gone on a wild goose chase.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of May, 2013 by   Mad-gal 0 Votes
I would definitely NOT use them. You will get charged a rental fee, a "convenience" fee on top of that. Also, if your books are even one day late, they will charge you the full amount on top of the rental fee and convenience fee. Then you are stuck with the books. Buyer be aware!!! DONT GET SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY!!!
 8th of May, 2014 by   ASU DEVIL 0 Votes
I got scammed the same way. The books were due before classes were over. I returned them the day after and they refused to accept them! I got charged $500 for two books, when I could have paid $50 more and owned both of them. Such a scamming company
 13th of May, 2014 by   MelissaSim 0 Votes
They charged twice the price of the book because I was late due to sickness. The book isn't even beign bought back. Scam.

ACAI Scam