eFollett

Posted:

No transparency or help

eFollett
I rented a textbook at my university's branch of eFollett. When I got back to my dorm I found 2 emails sent 2 minutes apart. The first one was for the book I rented. The latter one was for a textbook I never heard of, let alone rented. When I contacted the store and spoke to a manager, he told me to come in the next day and speak with him again. I went in and explained what I was having trouble with. He said "okay, " as if it were a question, and that I had done something wrong. I pulled out the copy of the emails, and he took them and left me standing there without saying a word. After 10-15 minutes, he came back and said they had no record of the rental, and that I had to contact eFollett through their website. On the website, it only lists the contact info for the individual stores, which I had already contacted. There was no info for the national organization, and now I am left with nothing but bad experiences with the company and no help after having gone on a wild goose chase.
Was the above complaint useful?
More eFollett Complaints & Reviews
eFollett - Overcharged on taxes

Comments

28th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I would definitely NOT use them. You will get charged a rental fee, a "convenience" fee on top of that. Also, if your books are even one day late, they will charge you the full amount on top of the rental fee and convenience fee. Then you are stuck with the books. Buyer be aware!!! DONT GET SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY!!!
 8th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
I got scammed the same way. The books were due before classes were over. I returned them the day after and they refused to accept them! I got charged $500 for two books, when I could have paid $50 more and owned both of them. Such a scamming company
 13th of May, 2014 by    +1 Votes
They charged twice the price of the book because I was late due to sickness. The book isn't even beign bought back. Scam.
 13th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
AVOID!! !!! Use Amazon or anything else for renting textbooks. They once sent me the wrong book and it took me hours upon hours to try to get any sort of a refund. Apart from that, they have charged me "convenience fees for my books when I know I sent them back in the same condition they were in."

Do yourself a favor and stay away from renting, buying, or supporting this company in any way.
 25th of Apr, 2015 by    +1 Votes
The Follett company in Memphis SUCKS Horribly. The manager at the Law School Bookstore needs management skills fast, her attitude needs readjusted quickly.
 13th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
Got email yesterday asking me to update my debt card information from Efollet from a prior rental transaction. I get a call today from my bank asking me a about 2 purchases. One was from NJ($1) to see if the card would work and another was in Indiana($500). Seems like a quite a coincidence to me, seeing that all somebody had to do was copy the old card's numbers on the front seeing that they were the same. The only difference is the numbers on the back which some places do not ask for online. Of course I can not prove it was them but just want to put it out there so nobody actually gets burned by these people that I moved on from prior to their email for most of the reasons stated in other peoples replies above. Stay away from DO NOT RENT, DO NOT BUY OR GIVE THEM ANY INFORMATION. There are other options out there that are better.

Contact Us