logo

ED Joiners

Posted: 2012-12-25 by    Mikejil

Scammers, Fraud

EDjoiners, Orlando University
Edjoiners and Orlando University are one. The Edjoiners recruitment agency calls you and tells you that you need to get a MBA through matching your experience. They recommend you to Orlando Univ and they will ask you to pay 499$.
I check with them and asked for evidence but nothing is there. Dont be amazed if they have a website, as it is nonsense.

Be safe guys.
Comments United States Employment, Staffing, Recruiting Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Dec, 2012 by   Tectonic 0 Votes
I actually applied for one of their jobs, which, thinking back, was quite general. So a guy called me and said that my educational level was not enough (I have two Masters degrees !!!) for their clients and therefore I MUST get a PhD degree from Orlando University. He added that, given my experience and educational background, I am eligible to get a PhD degree in a few weeks. (Oh you fools who spend years trying to get it. Look! I am getting it in a few weeks!) And it will cost a few hundreds of dollars. No big deal!
Edjoiners is a SCAM. Do not pay them any money!!! In-a-few-weeks-PhD or MBA is a nonsense.
I just wonder what would that guy have told me I had already got a PhD?
 2nd of Jan, 2013 by   garryontop86 0 Votes
i agree with you all, i also received a call from edjoiners and then from orlando university. Possibly a scam and they are asking me for $499.
 8th of Jan, 2013 by   Jou 0 Votes
God! Thank you so much! I just recieved a call from Oldando uni. I was wondering why in earth would they give me a PhD so easily! In my country we have a system where I can access all of the " real" universities. So I checked Orlando uni out and Nothing was there.
 9th of Jan, 2013 by   Anonymous987654321 0 Votes
Actually, I've received the same call from EDjoiners telling me that i needed an MBA to qualify for one of their vacancies and offered it to me for free from Orlando University. They're still calling me now to get me a job, I'm lost..what else do they need from me if they're a scam?!
 10th of Jan, 2013 by   neutral baba 0 Votes
This Ed Joiners and Orlando University 100% SCAM...I always thought christian religion is good no doubt but some arrogant christians are there especially in USA who will trap you and RIP OFF your 499$
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   not_impressed_with_EDjoiners 0 Votes
I've had a call from EDjoiners telling me the same story, I did not have enough educational qualification for some of the jobs offered by their clients. I have a first class masters degree from the London School of Economics!!!

They confirmed that I needed a PhD because a Masters is just not enough! Wonder what the guys at LSE will have to say about their Masters Degree being no match to a PhD from Orlando University!

I have since received emails and calls from a guy called Jay Williams from Orlando University giving me details of the graduation pack and seeking my credit card details to process the admin fee of $499! Infact he's upped his offer to $2499 to get the degree attested and legalised by US Department of Distance Learning and also endorsed by the UAE embassy in the USA to prove this is authentic!

If you want to have some fun, log on to their website and start a chat with them... Guaranteed amusement! Just dont pay them anything!
 24th of Jan, 2013 by   Ahmed007 0 Votes
To,
Head Scholarship Department,
Orlando University

Dear Sir,
Ed joiners would like to recommend Ahmed (see resume) for your 100% Scholarship Program for Working Adults. Ahmed has wide and relevant work experience, and can qualify for a number of great jobs if he has the required academic credentials.

Given his extensive work experience, we recommend that Orlando University grant Ahmed Masters Degree with 100% scholarship. You may contact the candidate for evaluation through the following contact information:

Phone No:
Email Address: @hotmail.com

Wishing you all the best with your academic and professional endeavors!

Looking forward to seeing you at Orlando!
Regards,

Recruitment Office,
Ed joiners
Call: 1-888-807-7811
Email: placement@edjoiners.com

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED:
As you will be kept informed about the status of your job application via email, it is important that you add placement@edjoiners.com to your Contact/Safe list, to prevent these important messages from going into spam. Learn how to add Ed joiners to Contact/Safe list.

25th of Jan, 2013 by   manu88 0 Votes
i agree with you all, i also received a call from edjoiners and then from Orlando university. Possibly a scam and they are asking me for $499.
...
Little google search save my 499$. Thanks you all for your Comments. Orlando is Fake Fake Fake...!!!
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   sandy98 0 Votes
I agree the orlando and edjoiners both are fake thanks for the webiste and the google mother :)
which saved my money of $499... pls dont prank to these fake scams...
Be ware!!!
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   Acacio Frois 0 Votes
i agree i received the same call first Mr Alex Mathew called from ed joiners and said i have to have a MBA degree and he will forward my CV to the universities, if i am lucky they then i will get a call in 48 hrs. Well i got a call in 3 hrs on the same day a person called from Orlando University and said i have to make a payment of 499$ Thanks a lot to this Google mother and your comments i have saved 499$
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   sridhar02k 0 Votes
Same story here too...one guy from EDjoiner called and recommended Orlando and one Mr.Kelwin called for verification and one Ms.Diana gave all the (Fake) information about degree and a payment link.
 31st of Jan, 2013 by   chief_chief 0 Votes
thank you guys... thank you internet :D ... same story here ... they called me and they want 500$ looooooooooooooool
 6th of Feb, 2013 by   Jerome54 0 Votes
Thank you Google... :-)

I just got a phone call from EdJoiners too. At first I was surprised to get a phone call from the US at 10.30 GMT (5.30am EST !).
Then I realized they called me only 5 minutes after I applied for a job.
I don't know about night shifts for recruitment agencies, but this was impressive !! :-D
I got 2 emails from "Mark Taylor", but I got even more suspicious when I saw "mtaylor@edjoiners.com via mail5.us4.mandrillapp.com"

I still have to receive anything from the "University" though... But I guess this will finish in the recycle bin. :-)
Thanks everyone for the feedbacks. Many people (including myself) saved $500 only by reading this page. ;-)
 10th of Feb, 2013 by   Brian08 0 Votes
Received the same call yesterday which is a Saturday:

Kindly visit the local branch of Western Union and pay the processing fee of $499 to our ambassador and email me the scan copy of the payment receipt at your earliest:

Name: Mohammed Saadi Shabaan Abu Jahl

rwolf@orlandouniversity.com
Orlando University
1-866-483-5898
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   ishis 0 Votes
Orlando called me within minutes after talking to Edjoiners...
Edjoiners said 2000$ for the MBA and email from Orlando University says 9000$!!! MBA in 2-3 days!!! Impossible, isn't.
Orlando is pursuing me to take up this scholarship. Good, I checked on google before submitting or paying anything.
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   Ashhad 0 Votes
I also received a similar call and that guy told me that I was short on qualifications. I got an email from Orlando University today. Now I know exactly what to do with that email. Mark as junk. :)
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   Nizar Hajji 0 Votes
Same story guys
The call is coming from PAKISTAN (Islamabad)
Please check the following link
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   Johnx 0 Votes
I got the same stupid phone call ... I wanted to believe it is true .. but check this guys
Orland in Pakistan ??? lol .. Fake ..
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   Bilal A. Mohamed 0 Votes
Same Story Gys. :/
Thanks to GOOGLE :)
 1st of Mar, 2013 by   ahmed sayed mostafa 0 Votes
The same happened to me they said that they offered me the job with 4500 $$ salary per month along with some other incentives including pick and drop, black berry smart phone, laptop and medical insurance.
and he insist to take the master degree from orlando by paying 499$$ although i have contacted orlando via live chat and she said its normal cost for the master prog. is 12000$ and for Edjoiners is 499$ in few days ?how does it comes ?
and they said the fees is refundable and when i asked him gave me a proof of the person that you hired via your company he didn't how does it come the master degree in the orlando uni. with 60 credit hours with fees 12000 $ come into few days with fees 499$ ?
HE TOLD ME YOU NEED TO GET MASTER TO GET HIRED AND HE OFFERED ME A JOBS AS SALES MANAGER AND ITS NOT RELEVANT TO MY EXPERIENCE I HAVE ABOUT 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN BANKING SERVICE AND I GET MANY COURSE IN THIS AREA ESPECIALLY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND HE SAID YOU NEED TO GET MBA TO BE QUALIFIED OMG
THEY ARE SCAM BE CAREFUL
I HAVE SEND THIS MAIL TODAY TO SOME ONE CALLED KEVIN.
I think the job offer is not related to my education however I have read many comments about your co.
read from here
how its come that you said to many people that they had this MASTER education from top universities that they need master or phd in few weeks ??

thanks
if you can offer me the job without this degree its ok and I will pay commission for your hiring 1000$$ ok if you offered me the job with salary that you have told me about 4500$$
No orlando uni. ok