logo

shariq al hamid
fraud
2. (1 mins ago)
POS MALAYSIA
Lost Mail (outgoing) and Lost Packages (incoming)
3. (16 mins ago)
Stealing from customer

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Ecco Shoes Complaints & Reviews - I no longer buy Ecco!

Ecco Shoes Contacts & Informations

Ecco Shoes

Posted:    Valerie

I no longer buy Ecco!

It appears that nothing has changed at Ecco. I used to buy Ecco shoes for their comfort but found that on three pairs of shoes the centres of the soles came away after little wear. The reason for this as far as I could observe was simple. It appears to be that they stamp their 'Ecco' brand name large and very deeply into the rubber sole to the extent that it weakens around that area. Believing that I was doing them a favor, I wrote to them (no reply) and subsequently spoke to them (with little courtesy). They told me to send the shoes back to them. I replied that I would if they sent me the postage or they could ask their local dealer (just up the road from me) to pick them up. They refused. Their customer service is appalling. I no longer buy Ecco. End of story.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Oct, 2007 by   B. Khmelnitsky 0 Votes
I had a similar experience with customer service in Canada. After some emails they have lost many months ago, Ecco told me to send them the shoes and when I brought them in, the guy I met at the door was very borderline rude. He told me they have to "examine them", though it was obviously defective manufacturing. I later got an email saying that the shoes are "no-longer under warranty". ( I never wore them once since they were not wearable when spring came and I wanted to use them). We used to buy at leats 2 pairs of Ecco's every year - no more, thank you. Would you buy expensive shoes that have limited time warranty that is not stated anywhere either? With the customer service like that?
 21st of Oct, 2007 by   H. Smith 0 Votes
I too am experiencing an 'echo' with the poor quality of Ecco soles! Unfortunately, I've only worn my shoes a total of 4 times now, before the soles started to deteriorate. Not only did it feel like a constant pebble under my shoe, but the sides of my heels appeared to have 'blown' holes through one of them! The shoes are outstanding in comfort, which makes me want to weep, for the money I paid for them, but I won't put one more dime in the manufacturers' direction again for such a lack of quality control. After searching the web, there seems to be several others who also have had some issues with Ecco, with little luck of reparations. So wish me luck... my journey is not yet over with these shoes... it's time to make a deal for their souls... or is that soles?!
 17th of Jan, 2008 by   A. Jeavons 0 Votes
I just got second thoughts on recommending Ecco shoes to a friend., after reading the many complaints. The soles on my first pair of eccos started to separate at various points. I sent them back AND they replaced the defective shoes for Free. I was pleasantly surprised. Interestingly, ecco now has a refurbishing dept. for fixing your shoes at about half the price you paid for them.?? What's up with that?? Question: Who's putting the soles on their shoes? And what country?
 1st of Feb, 2008 by   Mason Colby 0 Votes
I bought a pair of ECCO shoes several years ago. The sole and heel surface deteriorated, chunks of material broke out. I took them to a store that sold ECCO and they exchanged them for a new pair. I haven't worn the replacement pair very much and guess what - same type of deterioration on the sole and heel. I still have them and am considering what to do. The label says made in Portugal. The numbers printed inside the tongue are 08 631770 45. Except for the bad bottoms, the shoes are like new.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by   Kirk Strauser 0 Votes
Ecco shoes are junk. Mine started disintegrating after sitting for about 6 months. I will never waste my money on this brand again.

Read the rest at http://honeypot.net/my-ecco-shoes-are-junk.
 9th of Mar, 2008 by   larry6905 0 Votes
I am writing to tell you how disappointed I have been in the quality of Ecco and Clark shoes. The soles just fall apart. Often leaving me in a precarious and even hazardous positions.
Therefore I'm forced not to purchase their shoes, even though I like them. I believe it is a problem with the materials used on the rubber soles.
I am forced to buy the competitors products even if at a higher price point. Mephistos don't have this problem.
I am hoping these company's will do something to correct this problem.
It's happened on every pair whether worn or not. They disintegrate. Some sooner then others.
A very disappointed customer
 19th of Mar, 2008 by   Richard 0 Votes
Yes, I agree. For the price Ecco do not make quality soles. Neither do they stand behind their product. A shoe shouldn't just disintegrate on the shelf. And if a shoe is only worn a handful of times, if it sits in my closet for seven years before I decide to wear it again, I expect it to be in good order just as I left it. But, Ecco determined that because my shoe is now "used" that it is no longer under warranty. I don't know what is up with Ecco soles but I expect better. And if I only wear a shoe a few times a year, I expect that shoe to last several years.

One of my shoes had a hairline crack in the sole. Within only a couple of wearings the whole sole peeled off in big chunks. I had walked through a wet soggy park so I guessed that maybe the moisture had gotten in under the sole and caused it to rot.

Another pair I had was in perfect condition. Nearly no wear at all on the sole. But one day I stepped on a wet concrete floor and my shoe stuck to the floor as if I had stepped in gum. As I slid my shoe to try and rid it of what felt like gum on the bottom, I was horrified when I looked and saw that it was actually the sole of the shoe that had gummed up and dissolved on the small area where I had stepped. From that point it wasn't difficult to peel the whole thing away.

Ecco only warranty shoes that have manufacturer's defect and with the original receipt from an authorized Ecco dealer. If your shoes are like new but even a couple years old, you're out of luck because Ecco just don't care!
 16th of Apr, 2008 by   Bill 0 Votes
i have the ecco track shoes.the soles came off in chunks
 3rd of Jun, 2008 by   Elisabeth 0 Votes
Here you find another disappointed customer of Ecco Shoes. Same happend to my and my partners sandals - the soles fall appart after a short time of using. I complained at Ecco Switzerland and did not even get an answer. Later a got a rather rude mail from Ecco Germany. Ecco Denmark also does not bother about discontented customers. Ecco might have good designs but the quality of shoes is more than poor. They are a cheat!
 6th of Jun, 2008 by   mitch 0 Votes
My shoes just came apart when walking on them. It looks like I stepped in acid or something.
They just disintegrated.
I want my $$$ back for both pair!!!

ecco crap!
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   Richard 0 Votes
What I don't understand is, why isn't this happening to EVERYONE? If it was then you'd think ECCO would have a recall or something. The fact that there must be many satisfied customers makes me ask the question, "Why is this only happening to us?" What are the underlying conditions that cause this to happen. I'm afraid to buy anymore ECCO shoes. My first pair just split in half on the bottom and the tread wasn't even worn. My next pair just crumbled and peeled off in chunks, kind of like when you peel a sunburn. My third pair just dissolved into a goo when I stepped on a damp floor. Needless to say ECCO would do nothing because the shoes were "out of warranty".. but I say, this shouldn't happen under normal conditions of wearing the shoes... or even leaving them on the shelf!
 14th of Sep, 2008 by   William Pierce 0 Votes
Same problem. I have 3 pair of Ecco Shoes all with disentigrating soles. This problem developed in 1 pair shortly after purchase. No luck with Ecco. Another pair developed the problem while sitting in the closet. Its very dissappointing to have this problem in expensive shoes without any company response or liability. Will have to purchase other brands.
 21st of Sep, 2008 by   REB 0 Votes
I have had two pairs of ECCO shoes - the first pair wore fairly well for a year or so, and then the soles came apart in chunks.
The second pair were worn once when new, and sat in the closet for a few years - still looked brand new when I put them on today, but after a couple of hours, the soles were falling apart. The soles turn into a cracked, sticky mess. The backs of the heels went first, but there are big cracks all over.
As others have said - they're really comfortable, otherwise well made, but there's something horribly wrong with the sole material. Simply shouldn't happen to a $$$ shoe. I was considering sending back to factory, etc - after reading the comments here, I wont bother. I'll just avoid them in the future, and warn anyone and everyone away from ECCO. Sad.
 27th of Sep, 2008 by   M Hansen 0 Votes
Ecco is the worst comsumer product I've owned in many years. I can't imagine how they sleep at night. I had 3 pair fall apart within the last few months. I too was told about the "shelf life" of the shoes. If they have a shelf life like Milk, then they should have an expiration date.
 9th of Oct, 2008 by   vishnu somir 0 Votes
My Echo shoe is only 2 months old and the heel is already coming apart and has a hole which can not be fixed.
I need the e/mail address of Echo to file a complaint.
Thanks
 10th of Oct, 2008 by   Tom 0 Votes
I've had a pair of Ecco Track II high boots for 5 years. I have pretty much used them for 3/4 of that time on a daily basis. The uppers finally started separating and the soles started chunking. I just wore them out. But imagine my surprise when I have had a pair for 2 years in storage and just started wearing them for less than a week. The soles are literally cracking and chunking. This is just not acceptable. There are large voids where the material did not adhere to the midsole and the outsole is breaking apart. This is a manufacturing defect. The Track II has been my favorite shoe for quite some time as it is so comfortable. I guess that I'll have to find a local cobler and have them attach a good Vibram or Goodyear sole in its place. At least I know that both the Vibram and Goodyear will stand up. Heck, Ive had cheap Merrel's that lasted over a decade with the original sole. This is just outlandish that a shoe sole in this day and age should limit the length of time that a shoe can be worn.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   Terri 0 Votes
I also have a pair of leather shoes that were worn perhaps 10 times, the tops look new, but the soles have just fallen off in chunks!!! I contacted ECCO, they had me send them in, said that they weren't repairable, were past the 1 year guarantee period, and gave me a 50% off card for another pair. Since they are defective, I called and told them I would like a replacement pair, not just 50% off, and they told me I would have to send them in to another address, pay my own postage, and get another opinion. Still no guarantee of any replacement. And these are over $100 shoes!!! I have decided that this is just a bad company to deal with and will never buy another pair of ECCO shoes again! Pass this info on to anyone who wants to hear!!!
 7th of Nov, 2008 by   Kathy 0 Votes
I purchased a pair of brick coloured soft 11 shoes here in Ireland on the 25th September. Within two weeks of buying these shoes the colour had begun rubbing off/fading in different areas around the shoes. I returned to the store and was told they would have to return them to ECCO Ireland for assessment. I was accused of having rubbed bleach on the shoes which I had just paid 75.00Euro for. I emailed ECCO Ireland and received an email response telling me to return the shoes to the retailer. I took photos of the shoes showing the various defects and emailed them to ECCO Ireland and received no response to that email. I returned to the store and they wanted to take the shoes from me, send them back to ECCO Ireland which would take three weeks.

I am disabled, I bought these shoes because I need a laced shoe to wear with an A.F.O. for drop foot and nerve damage. I do not have another laced shoe to wear this A.F.O. with so I cannot afford to be without them for 3 weeks. The retailer suggested I purchase a 2nd pair of shoes to wear while I was waiting for these shoes I am presently wearing to be assessed. I asked would the money be refunded once the shoes were assessed and I got a replacement pair the response I got was that I would get a credit note for the store.

I am wondering if anyone else has had problems with colour fading on ECCO shoes?
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   dave emery 0 Votes
I purchased a pair of black echo brouge style shoes about two years ago and i imaagine my surprise when I took them out of the closet to wear to a special occasion and the soles of both are bare in the ball of the foot area, and the right heel was about half its original size . When I showed my wife she just about died laughing . I had no other black shoes to wear . Originally we both blamed the dog but a closer look I found the rubber disintagrating . I have spent over two hours looking for their email address, then I found this site and -- surprise - I am not alone .
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   Kim E. 0 Votes
I was cleaning out my closet and found my waterproof ecco shoes purchased in 2000. The soles were melting in spots. GROSS! this is the first time I have ever seen a shoe melt from disuse. DISGUSTING. The melting plastic/rubber looked like snot. I tossed those puppies out. I did get a lot of wear out of them, many hiking trips etc but I thought the disintegration during storage was bizarre.

Do not plan to buy this brand again.

Some Things You Need to Know About Bankruptcy