logo

REGUS GROUP, MARK DIXON, HQ,
GLOBAL CONSUMER FRAUD
3. (43 mins ago)
Topix.com
Topix is gathering user's personal data, in conjunction with the NSA, to use it to, "spy on citizens, profile them and invasion of privacy
4. (52 mins ago)

Eastern Refinishing

Posted:    Garold

Complete rip off

Eastern Refinishing
I work for a GC on the MS Gulf Coast and we used this company - they call themselves "Coastal Resurfacing, " "Eastern Refinishing, " and who-knows-how-many other names - to redo a tub unit on a remodel job. This was a purely "color-change" job - the tub was in perfect condition, just a dated color. The first trip, on April 25th, 2009, resulted in Chris, the tech, hitting the just-sprayed surface with a grocery bag. He acknowledged it and stated that he would return in about a week to redo the unit. The bathroom was sealed by his wife/helper, and no one moved the plastic sheeting over the door for 6 days. When the client and I inspected the work, not only was the area where Chris had hit the surface with the bag in obvious need of a redo, but there were several areas of missed coverage, runs/drips, and lots of particles in the finish. When he finally arranged to come over, he called at the last minute and said he wasn't coming, but was sending his wife and a helper. They attempted to fix the mess, but made it worse - runs, drips, puddles, etc. and even acknowledged they missed some spots that would need a third trip. When we attempted to schedule this, we were unable to reach them for days, and when my boss finally reached Chris, Chris hung up, without saying a word, as soon as he heard our company name. My boss then contacted the "home office" and got all sorts of excuses - they are not anywhere as large as their somewhat amateurish website would try to make it seem. They have refused to fix the mess they made and the tub will need another contractor to come in, completely resand, redo, etc. or a complete removal and replacement.

We could not find any physical address (or even a mailing address) for them on the website. Furthermore, a look the dates of the reviews is pretty suspicious. My boss had our people do some basic research on this company and the results are not comforting: they have apparently been in and out of business in several states, including Florida (long-lapsed incorporation, and the people involved, the Gaylers, etc., having multiple companies, all also lapsed). There are no business licenses (or active corporations) for them in Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana or Michigan. There are a number of BBBs that have VERY negative files on them.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jun, 2012 by   nibmer 0 Votes
Unfortunately, I didn't see all these bad reviews for this company before booking an appt with them. They just didn't show up this morning without even calling to tell me. When I called (I must have talked to this Charles) he started taking an attitude with me as though I did something wrong. He obviously has to keep changing the name of his businesses (not that they even can be called legitimate businesses) because he has such a bad reputation. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL...STAY AWAY!
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   Vanessa S 0 Votes
I am a property manager for an apartment building and I just tried to call and set up an appointment to get a quote and this Charlie guy was a total jerk. He wouldn't send someone to Reading, Pa because he would have to drive from Philly. He wanted me to send him pictures of our bathtubs and counter tops. I told him I would like him to fax me a proposal because that is how we do business, and he hung up on me!!! Bad business buddy. Very unprofessional!

What's New in Smart Phones