logo

Bank of America Rewards Program
Rewards Points Transfer Scam
4. (55 mins ago)
monthlyyouth.com
They send only surveys, but not money
5. (56 mins ago)
helm.tekmob.com/pim/samogamesen1?&sub=
cutting 5 SR every week, so stop immediately

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Eagle Valley Kennel-Debbie Shilling-Mason, Wentworth, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - German Shepherd Papers

Eagle Valley Kennel-Debbie Shilling-Mason Contacts & Informations

Eagle Valley Kennel-Debbie Shilling-Mason

Posted:    Ace1

German Shepherd Papers

Debbie Shilling-Mason
Wentworth, Missouri
I bought a puppy advertised on Nextday Pets. I was told he had papers. We met in southern MO to pick up the puppy. I paid in cash. She told me she didn't have the papers she was waiting for AKC to send them. My contract said I would have them within 6 months of the day I took possession. I have continued to call about the papers. They were supposedly sent to me once, I never got them. The next time she said I would have them within a week and to call her if I didn't get them. I called again, and was told she would have to contact AKC for new ones and would send them again.

I called AKC and was told no one should ever have to wait for papers, they should be available at the time the puppy is received.

Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Sep, 2009 by   devilsadvocate4education 0 Votes
If you have the sire and dam (or other relevant) information you can check and see if your litter was even ever registered. That's what you need to check. As far as at purchase many contract's withhold paper's until proof of spay/neuter from a vet is received now (though they should still be on hand for review and it should be clear in the written contract) but that doesn't seem to be the case here. You haven't moved or anything and she has accurate information? Was she able to show you the certified receipt from when she said she sent them? Sound's off, shouldn't be that complicated.
 9th of Mar, 2010 by   scout2 0 Votes
PLEASE READ BEFORE ADOPTING A PUPPY THROUGH PUPPYFIND.COM/DEBBIE MASON!

I HAVE RECENTLY ADOPTED A PUPPY THROUGH DEBBIE MASON ON PUPPYFIND.COM AND WITHIN THE FIRST 48 HOURS OF HAVING HIM I HAVE COME TO DISCOVER THAT HE IS IN VERY POOR HEALTH AND WILL NEED INTENSIVE CARE TO BE NURSED BACK TO HEALTH. THE VET I TOOK HIM TO TOLD ME THAT HE HAD PARVO DISEASE WHICH IS A VERY SERIOUS VIRAL INFECTION THAT ATTACKS THE DOGS WHITE BLOOD CELLS, INTESTINAL TRACT AND THE HEART MUSCLES. IT IS HIGHLY CONTAGEOUS AND CAN BE FATAL TO YOUNG PUPPIES ESP. DACHSHUNDS!

DEBBIE WAS VERY QUICK AT RESPONDING AND ANSWERING ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE THE TRANSACTION WAS FINISHED, ANSWERING EMAILS AND PHONE CALLS AND SENDING SEVERAL EACH DAY BEFORE WE WIRED HER THE PAYMENT. ONCE SHE RECEIVED THE PAYMENT SHE BECAME COMPLETELY NEGLIGENT ABOUT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SICK PUPPY (WHICH SHE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WITHIN THE FIRST 48 HOURS ACCORDING TO HER PUPPY HEALTH AGREEMENT) SHE HAS PROVIDED NO LEGAL DOCUMENTATION FOR THE PUPPY'S HEALTH EXAM OTHER THEN A PIECE OF PAPER STATING THAT HE HAS HAD SHOTS UP TO 8 WEEKS WHICH IS HOW OLD HE IS, HOWEVER THERE WAS NO STAMP OF APPROVAL OR AGREEMENT FROM A VETINARY NOR A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL TO BE SURE THAT IT EVEN EXISTS.

DEBBIE HAS BEEN RESPONDING VERY RARELY VIA EMAIL, AND HAS NOT TAKEN OR RETURNED ANY OF MY PHONE CALLS SINCE BEING NOTIFIED ABOUT THE PUPPY'S ILLNESS. SHE HAS CONTINUALLY GIVEN EXCUSES AS TO WHY SHE HASNT RESPONDED TO MY CALLS.
I ADVISE ANY PET LOVER TO USE CAUTION BEFORE ADOPTING, ESPECIALLY DUE TO A CASE LIKE THIS! ANYONE WHO ADOPTS FROM HER AT THIS POINT MAY BE AT RISK OF ADOPTING A VERY SICK PUPPY!!!
THANK YOU.
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   scout2 0 Votes
TO ALL**
I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT MY POOR PUPPY SCOUT HAD DIED THIS MORNING AT APPROX. 9:00 A.M AFTER BEING DIAGNOSED WITH "SEVERE PARVO DISEASE" BY A VETERINARY LAST NIGHT. SCOUT DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY IN WEIGHT FROM 2.8 TO 1.09 WHEN HE PASSED. DEBBIE MASON HAD BROUGHT SCOUT TO NELSON KASIE DVM WHO HAD APPROVED SCOUT AS "OK" TO SHIP, JUST SHY OF 8 WEEKS OLD FROM MISSOURI TO NEW YORK. NELSON KASIE IS OBVIOUSLY AN INCOMPETENT VET WHO FELL SHORT OF MAKING AN APPROPRIATE DIAGNOSIS JUST 5 DAYS BEFORE OUR PUPPY HAD DIED IN FRONT OF US.
NOT ONLY HAS DEBBIE REFUSED TO CALL MYSELF OR MY BOYFRIEND BILLY BACK ABOUT SCOUTS SICKNESS, BUT WE HAD TO GO TO THE LENGTHS OF WRITING HER AN EMAIL WITH A DIFFERENT NUMBER REGARDING A DIFFERENT PUPPY FOR SALE JUST TO GET HER ON THE PHONE.
PLEASE BE VERY CAUTIOUS ABOUT ADOPTING ANY ANIMALS OFFLINE. PARVO DISEASE IS A HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS ONE WHICH WILL CONTINUE TO CONTAMINATE BOTH OF OUR HOMES FOR SEVERAL YEARS NOW. IT DEVELOPS IN THE PUPPY AND BECOMES EVIDENT WITHIN 4-7 DAYS (WHICH ANY GOOD VET WOULD BE ABLE TO DETECT THROUGH A PROPER EXAMINATION)
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE ADOPT THROUGH DEBBIE SHILLING OR BE INSPECTED BY NELSON KASIE, EVER!
 11th of Sep, 2010 by   sleutelnm 0 Votes
I purchased a puppy from debbie also. My puppy came with bloody diarreah and kennel cough. I also never recieved papers. She wont answer calls or emails. She has several different breeds of dogs. Sometimes having over 20 puppies listed on puppyfinder.com. I truley believe she is running a puppy mill.
Boxer Mommy
 19th of Nov, 2010 by   Twin Mom 0 Votes
I purchased a miniature Schnauzer from Debbie for my twins 7th birthday this past June. I received papers saying that I would get the papers within 6 months too. Needless to say I have never received them, nor has she ever returned my phone calls or emails. I would not recommend anyone to adopt through Debbie.
Twin Mom
 28th of Dec, 2010 by   SafePupps 0 Votes
I purchased a husky from Debbie and have also had problems with it's health. I have started a website that people can go to and post comments (good or bad) about a breeder they have adopted from. It's www.safepupps.com. I would love it if many of you would contact me and tell me your story. I am trying to have Debbie investigated. The more people that step forward and submit complaints the easier it will be to have this done. PLEASE email me your story and good contact info so I may use it in this plight for our dogs.

SafePupps.com
Tammy
 11th of Feb, 2011 by   DEBBIE MASON~PUPPY MILL 0 Votes
WOW!!! HOW EVERYONES STORY IS SO MUCH ALIKE! MINE AS WELL! I BOUGHT A HUSKY OFF OF DEBBIE, SUPPOSIVELY AKC REGISTERED. ~NEVER RECEIVED THE PAPERS!! EVEN PAID $100 EXTRA FOR AKC PAPERS. NOT TO MENTION WE DROVE 8 HRS. ONE WAY TO PICKUP OUR PUP. ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR! SHE WON'T RETURN PHONE CALLS, EMAILS, ECT. I RECEIVED PUPPY WHEN HE WAS 6 MONTHS OLD AND HE HAD WORMS AND WHO KNOWS IF HE EVER WAS VACCINATED!?? OUR RENZO IS THE BEST DOG EVER, BUT OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T COME FROM THE BEST PLACE. SHE MUST BE RUNNING AN ILLEGAL DOG OPERATION, SINCE SHE LIES AND IS HARD TO GET AHOLD OF. OBVIOUSLY HIDING SOMETHING! SOMEONE NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE THIS, FOR THE ANIMALS SAKE!!! THEY DESERVE BETTER THAN WHAT THEY ARE GIVEN BY DEBBIE!~END PUPPY MILLS!~2011
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   eb08e 0 Votes
I as well purchased a Husky from Debbie last year. He's a great guy now, but when we first recieved him there were plenty of problems. For the first 2 months we had him he had constant diarehha and were visiting the vet atleast twice a week. Each time I tried to contact Debbie, I had to use a different phone so she would actually answer or I would get a call back, otherwise there would be no answer. We were also promised papers and a puppy package that were never recieved. Even though Darwin has turned out to be an amazing dog, I wouldn't recommend anyone to purchase a puppy from this women. To this day I don't even know if he recieved those first shots he was said to have recieved, though more than likely he never got anything.
 16th of Feb, 2011 by   DEBBIE MASON~PUPPY MILL 0 Votes
DEBBIE POSTED THIS ON THE INTERNET!! THESE ARE JUST SOME THAT SHE BREEDS OBVIOUSLY! CAN ADD SIBERIAN HUSKY TO THAT! DOES ANYONE HAVE HER ADDRESS? COULD GOOGLE EARTH IT! LET ME KNOW!

Breeders Directory

Phone: (417) 768-0148
City/State: WENTWORTH, MO

Map
 28th of May, 2011 by   sweetcheeksannmarie101 0 Votes
i purchased the most amazing dog from debbie shillling march 2008. he didnt come with papers like she said he would and 6 months went by and still no papers. i wasnt disappointed my dog is a star without papers! my mother in law would constantly call him puppy mill dog and it would make me so mad. i finally received his papers september 2011!!! super happy! and hes not a puppy mill dog!!
 29th of May, 2011 by   sweetcheeksannmarie101 0 Votes
Sep 2010 i received papers not 2011. I thought i might of been saving him from floods. even if my dogs papers never came, i would still be super proud of him! Im complimenting my dog and letting everyone know that my papers did end up coming. Boy you sound like my mother in law puppy mill this, and all that matters is papers. My dog was better than mother in laws dog without papers. And if u have another dog same breed with papers, im willing to bet debbies dog is better. The temperament, size, fur, eyes, everything is perfect!
 31st of May, 2011 by   sweetcheeksannmarie101 -2 Votes
could not of purchased a better dog. He is so smart! He was a therapy dog, he knows when im sad, scared, or in danger and will comfort me and protect me before anything. His temperament/personality is most amazing, always there for me. When im sad, he comes by my side and lays his head down on my lap so i can just hug him . If i scream, he comes running to the rescue. He is MY BIG BABY so clam, protective, friendly, great with kids and other dogs, and listens very well. he loves me more than anything & i love him more than anything!

31st of May, 2011 by   puppylover542 0 Votes
A puppy is not a sweater! Please don't buy a puppy from an Internet site - they are primary outlets for puppy mills, which churn out puppies in shockingly cruel conditions! Responsible breeders don't sell to people they haven't met. Always visit your breeder in person. Please also report your sick puppy or puppy mill story to the Humane Society at: http://www.humanesociety.org/forms/tell_us_your_puppy_mill_story.html.
 31st of May, 2011 by   sweetcheeksannmarie101 -2 Votes
Thank you Debbie Shilling! MY dog is the most amazing handsomest dog ever :)
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Siberianpride -1 Votes
Sorry to be rude but the guy that had nice things to say is a bloody moron!!! Be happy you maybe lucked out with one healthy dog, but she is still a liar and sells sickly dogs! My dog Nicoda died 2 months after paying $900 total! The shipping was horrible, the health was very very poor! No papers! I have 2 other AKC and as soon as the litter is born you register it! She lied and did not do that! I also show huskies and this dog was NOT purbreed!!! She is a sick woman and lucky I don't know the courts rule about lying about dog papers 10 months ago because I would have sued her!!! Questions, please feel free to call me !!! Maelynn Nolan! 910-320-3104 I would love nothing more then to stop her from hurting people and dogs!!! She should be ashamed!!!
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Siberianpride 0 Votes
Crimson Prairie Farms was what she was under when we bought Nicoda! Aug 17, 2010, you can view our story www.siberianpride.com
 20th of Oct, 2011 by   K. Talsky 0 Votes
Add Papillon pups to that list regarding Debbie's "Puppy Mill" !! She's also doing her dirty work through Top Breeders of America LLC. who verbally will tell you, when asked, that she does not run a "Puppy Mill" & they don't support that kind of activity. Well I sure feel stupid!!! We purchase a papillon 09/30/11 and also received a sickly pup. Dr. Nelson (Debbie's Vet) approved the Health Cert. to fly, which only means that the pup didn't have anything at the time to be considered contagious. Never mind that he had a sever case of yeast infection in both his ears, giardia & a nasty wet sounding cough that our Vet still is unable to determine what is causing it...so $3, 000 later, we are on our way back to our Vet for chest X-rays!!! I believe that the only way to kick these "Puppy Mills" to the curb are to go after such operations as Top Breeders of America, NextDayPets & I'm sure that there are others out there. Get the word out to your friends & family members regarding purchasing pups online...the cost of ignorance can be VERY costly!!!
 21st of Jan, 2012 by   Nakita Buckner 0 Votes
I purchased a puppy from a woman name Vicki Shilling, but when the dog arrived, his invoice said Debbie Mason. The dog I received was supposed to be a chihuahua and not be over six pounds full grown. At four months, he is over ten pounds. Also, he is definitely not a chihuahua which was verified by my vet. The dog arrived infected with giardia and ear mites. This woman is a scam artist who is now using an alias to sell dogs without papers. I have contacted her multiple times trying to get money back or to get her to cover my vet bills, and she has not responded to anything. DO NOT BUY FROM VICKI SHILLING OR DEBBIE MASON. Whether they are the same person using false names is unknown, but what is known is that they are scam artists who sell sick dogs without papers to unsuspecting people.
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   Rob and Lisa Plocharczyk -1 Votes
OMG! I am so upset to see all these similar complaints that I can't even type as fast as my mind is racing with disbelief!!! I WOULD STAY AWAY FROM THE SO-CALLED BREEDER: DEBBIE SHILLING-MASON OF EAGLE VALLEY KENNEL as it seems like she has taken advantage of a lot of dog lovers including us!!! My jaw dropped when I saw the headlines of complaints on this breeder. We purchased a Basset Hound on Dec. 12, 2008 and still do not have her certified pedigree papers as of today, Feb. 14, 2012-almost 4 years later. I contacted her, Debbie Shilling-Mason on 4/28/09 (4 months after having our pup) regarding where the papers were and she stated they were incorrect and she would forward the papers as soon as she receives the correct papers. Her contract states we would receive them within 6 months of ownership which has not happened! Nope, still waiting and she is using every excuse in the book like she has on so many others!! No return phone calls back to us as she knows our number after we kept calling which she has managed to ignore the calls and the messages. Supposedly, then she was very ill per the daughter which finally answered and used an illness excuse but she was going to look into it but of course never did. Then my husband called from a different number and Debbie answered in dismay and promised she would get them to us in a week. Again, she dropped off the face of the earth. We love our Bassett Hound and wouldn't trade her for the world even though she has had Lime Disease at a very young age, a false pregancy and now a seizure out of the blue but she is one beautiful lemon and white baby and very smart but again with no papers as we wanted to breed her and Debbie advertises that her dogs are purebreeds with papers! We had a attorney write her a letter and she finally responded saying if we could get her the information of the warranty with the dam/sire name(s) and birthday which she has 2 different dates, she will look into the matter-Nothing! Shouldn't she have this information on hand if she is truly a business women?!!! No response and no papers as of this date, 2/14/2012, I left her another message today and even contacted the Vet, Kenton C. Beard and he doesn't return calls either! Oh, and yes, we contacted AKC and they said she never filed the litter but they would look into this matter as they do not like to deal with breeders that are frauds! You are a terrible business women that thrives on taking advantage of people who love animals. We will do everything possible and by the looks of most of these comments, you have taken advantage of so many animal lovers that it makes me sick!!! Hopefully, after reading our story and so many other stories that have similar excuses from you that they will stay away from you and your lies!! We will find you AND this matter will be dealt with one way or another, Debbie! PS, I wonder, if the other buyers from this litter have experienced the same thing as we have?--Please get ahold of us if you purchased a basset hound from the litter of 8 with the names of Maggie, Madison and other M names as she stated, etc. which she advertised on www.nextdaypets.com during Dec. 8, 2008. We would love to hear from you via email rapplo1214@aol.com.
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   JenniferCris 0 Votes
I really wish I would have checked back on this site sooner! My name is Jennifer, I was one of the first people to write the complaint about Debbie Shilling Mason, aka Vicki Mason, aka Debbie Vandiver, plus many other names that I dont know about surely.
This woman did the exact same thing to so many people since I got my puppy from her almost 2 years ago. I even got the same "my mother's sick" story and had to deal with Debbies "daughter" in the meantime. I also delt with the "I'm working now" excuse, along with many others. Debbie does all she can to assure you that she is a decent and trustworthy person, that is until you send her over the cash. My total ended up close to $1400 total between the puppy, travel costs, vet bills, and creamation of our puppy Scout.
Not only did Debbie get away with this, but she continued to advertise puppies online using other names, websites, email addresses and phone numbers.
I too wanted to sue her but because I am from NY and she is from Missouri, Debbie somehow managed to slip into a loophole regarding the differences between states & laws. Athough Missouri claims to be "cracking down" on puppy mills, I think the whole town is corrupt if you ask me. I went above and beyond looking to have her caught and brought to justice. I wrote letters & sent emails to countless sites, agencies, organizations & people, from the Humane Society, to the Betta Business Bureau, to the Dept. of Agriculture, the Attny General, the airline who flew the dog (AA) to judges & lawyers. Just so everyone is clear, the Dept. of Agriculture, as well as every other resource did NOTHING to help. The Dept. of Agriculture left me speaking to a guy names Matt, who then followed up with the situation by sending a "professional" to "investigate" her, only to return back stating that "her facility was not showing any signs of contamination" - reported by a woman named KELLY ROBERTS.
As it turns out, this woman was in contact with Debbie Mason, quoting that she "acting in a professional manner and took the necessary precautions to ensure the health of the puppy by following her vets vaccine protocol" which I read in a letter from the Inspection report, and addressed as well by Debbie Mason. When I attempted to speak to this woman on the phone, she was short and blunt with me, not giving me any details and claiming that she could not give me any information. The situation made no sense to me considering I was the reason for them investigating in the first place. If ANYONE should have been given information, it should have been the person making the claim - ME! The whole situation was never rectified, and til this day, Debbie continues to ignore phone calls from my phone.
Not only is Debbie Mason resposible, but there were plenty of enablers to help in the situation, such as her trusty vet "Kassie Nelson DVM" who signed off that the puppy was "in good health" - Kasie Nelson then informed me when I was able to soeak to her a total of 1 time after calling several, that her "health checkup" for a puppy to fly with a clean bill of health consists of looking at the dog and feeling their bones. She replied that she was not responsible for checkin blood, stool, or temperature (although she did take the temperature)
When I asked Kassie Nelson if she had to check other dogs from Debbie Mason, she replied that she had, and they too did not seem sick. I questioned her about whether she checked the follow puppies blood or stool after speaking to me and finding out about the condition of our puppy which was "highly conatagious" and she said No. I asked how she could expect to know if they were contaminated or sick as well without checking and she replied that I made a "good point"
Everyone helped to play a part, and now we are not only out money and heartbroken, but this woman is still selling dogs.
If anyone would like to join in on pursuing a lawsuit against this woman, I would love to help. I have saved every piece of documentation and have enough on my own to sue her for endangering the welfare of animals all over the country.
If anyone would like to speak more about this or help pursue legal action, please email me at ifoxxi@aol.com -
Sincerely & Honestly - Jennifer Criscione - New York