logo

manjam gay social network or fraud
manjam gay social network or fraud
2. (56 mins ago)
Advance Dog Training / Breed Master
Did not comply with there warranty
3. (1 hr 7 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

Terrible experience

DealTree
dealtree.com
I did my transaction through Eztradein.com, which is owned by Dealtree. All my subsequent dealings were with Dealtree so that is why my review is here. Eztradein is Dealtree's service which buys back used electronics. I sent them a laptop, which had a quoted value of $200. I selected to receive a check and shipped my laptop. Upon receipt I got an e-mail that the hinge was cracked and it's value was only $99. There is no way it was cracked when I sent it, and there is no way it happened during shipping. My laptop was covered by foam on all sides, and packed very tightly with packing peanuts... nothing could have touched it.

So I emailed them back and said forget it, ship my laptop back to me. There is no way that the laptop value could be cut in half due to a crack, it still functions the same (even dead ones on eBay were going for $150). I'm also suspecting sabotage... but I just didn't want to deal with them anymore.

A few days later, I get the $99 via Paypal (I selected check), on top of that, they had already gave me a tracking number for sending back my laptop! So they paid me for an item they didn't have anymore. Wow. I decided not to say anything about the money until I had my laptop in hand.

I got my laptop back, and the restore and driver discs were missing, Great. Also it was packed HORRIBLY, just loose bubble wrap. The corner was slightly caved in causing the DVD drive to not open correctly. And the aforementioned giant hinge crack was there. Again, it's in their favor to not pay what it's worth, that crack could have been placed there after I canceled the deal. What they should have done is kept my box and let me file an insurance claim with UPS in the first place. But of course they were so incompetent to have lost my discs they wouldn't have thought of that.

As soon as I emailed them about my missing discs, they notice the payment, and ask for the laptop back or a refund. I told them no way, give me my discs, and you can have your money back.

Of course they e-mailed and said that they found the restore disc but lost the drivers disc. WHY. WERE. THEY. SEPARATED? That's just insane. The discs go with that computer, what kind of morons run this place? They ended up sending me my restore disc, which I don't think is the original one I sent, but whatever, it works. I gave them the ultimatum that they either provide me with my driver disc, or I keep $10 of the money that they incorrectly sent me.

Long story short, I sent them a laptop which they not only devalued by what I believe is damage on their part, they devalued it by losing my drivers disc, and costing me $20 to have it sent back to me. It made me sick sending them their refund when I should keep it for the damage they did to my laptop.

Avoid at all costs, they have no sense of organization. Their customer service was fast to respond but all in all I was just appalled at the lack of care for my merchandise!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Oct, 2008 by   another cheated customer 0 Votes
I second you. I also had a terrible experience with them. Stay away from them.

Undercover Charities Scam