logo

Brainetics LLC
Fraud
2. (2 mins ago)
Freelancer.com
No support, impossible to reach them as well
3. (13 mins ago)
Hip Pooch
Dog Store
4. (22 mins ago)
Big Attack Inc
Another garcinia scam
5. (24 mins ago)
monthlyyouth.com
They send only surveys, but not money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Dead Sea Beauty Kit/Collagenta Complaints & Reviews - unathorized orders/charges

Dead Sea Beauty Kit/Collagenta Contacts & Informations

Dead Sea Beauty Kit/Collagenta

Posted: 2013-01-05 by    Debbie51

unathorized orders/charges

DS Marketing Ltd
Phone: 1-800-717-5794/020-3642-9301 UK
deadseakit.com
I am having the same problem as you all with the charging of the account for things I had not yet decided I was going to get. The Collagenta and Dead Sea Beauty Kit are from the same company and as far as I'm concerned if they had worked as well on myself as they did on the subjects they used (they had more wrinkles to take care of than I did at this stage of the game)I would have ben happy and continued on ordering. Their auto-Refills are $89.95 for the same size but if you don't continue with the program you get charged the $139.95. They are charging people before they have a chance to contact them and that is if you can contact them. Products came out of Israel, no idea if United States is location of business. I just recently, after much trouble been able to contact someone via email. They avoided every question I had. When I finally told them of other similar complaints the email I received from this young woman about the complaints board site is what I have copied/pasted below. I cannot believe this company actually belives that peole like us decided to complain just for the fun of it so we could help this site get money.. I am waiting to see my credit card statement comes in whether they have actually reimbursed me with the difference between what they were going to charge me and the price of the refills, which is $50. Thanks for taking the time to read. If anyone needs any help getting thru to them pls feel free to leave me a mressage here on the board. Thanks Deb British Columbia Canada

----- Original Message -----
The reason I was emailing you in the first place was because of the problem I stated in this email but also because I don’t seem to be the only one out there that is having the SAME problem. I send you a link for you to either ignore or as a reputable company take a look at and do right by the people who are not satisfied.

Dear Debbie,
Let me explain something to you about those review websites.
Those website want from us money to contact the Customers who complain because of us.
We have a website and a telephone number, the Customers can contact us via our email and phone number and we will help them.
Sincerely,
Alex
Customer Satisfaction Specialist
Dead Sea Beauty Kit, a product of DS Marketing Limited
www.deadseakit.com

Dead Sea Beauty Kit/Collagenta

Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

5th of Jan, 2013 by   Debbie51 0 Votes
Just another note to ad to this. I have been poring thru all the complaints and am worn out to say the least and have noticed one common thread. They tell you that you can send back the product but to where...I was able to locate 3 different addreses thru the correspondance I have and the newest one I found was this:
Dead Sea Beauty Kit
c/o Paloma Dead Sea, Ltd.
PO Box 5381
Caesarea 30889
Israel
Notice that it is to a 'c/o', "care of", it is a P.O. Box, and it is in Israel. It is not a wonder people can't get there money back because if you send it to the wrong address who's going to acknowledge that. I would love to hear from anyone who has any other addresses so I can log those along with the ones I have. I'm going after these people and getting my money back. If your as upset as I am and want to help get some accountablility happening here pls let me know thru the board here. Thanks again Deb
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   LDMR 0 Votes
I ordered what I knew was a free sample at the cost of postage £2.95 which is nothing but as soon as I read further it was another auto ship if you weren't satisfied to return the product unopened. Immediately after completing the order form I realised there was going to be problems. I emailed them straight away cancelled auto ship and advised that they cancel the order and DO NOT DESPATCH. However this was ignored the email came through congratulations your serum is reserved. Continuous emails stating sorry I was missing out and that my serum was despatched. So all was ignored. I cancelled the card and explained I would not pay to return this. I said cancel and was ignored. I also stated I would report this and keep the product if I was ignored further. Still nothing.
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   Sadiesrevival 0 Votes
Helo LDMR! I here you. First, these idiots say that there is no such thing as Auto-Ship...they lie. When you go to your profile page there is a tab with a drop down box where you can choose how many months at a time you want for Auto-Refills and the very last one is a selection that says "Do Not Auto-Refill" or something to that effect. Also, when you first go to your profile page the "Do Not Auto-Refill" is checked off. So unless we, as the buyer, check the other boxes off they shouldn't be shipping anything.
I have so many emails back and forth between myself and Dead Sea Kit and Collagenta that I was asked to not email again. I pointed out to them that they are "Customer Support" and by telling me that they were saying that I did not have the right to complain if I wasn't happy. I then told them they would be the brunt of a YouTube video on my channel warning people of there practices. I also asked them why the refills were so much less than the initial cost they were planning on charging me. That is when Greta, Alex, Stephen and a slew of other customer support people decided to email me saying they didn't realize that was the case (about the price discrepancy...B.S. they didn't) and said they would refund me the difference of $60 and $70 respectively for the two different products. And they did.
Iwas also told by them that places like the Complaints Board were places that had called them trying to get money for info on the customers that had supposedly been complaining. I asked them how that made any sense at all...what does a site gain by allowing people to network with each other so they can get their problems resolved.
All I can say to you good people is DON'T STOP emailing them (customer support) because if you wait for them to get back to you they won't. I know it akes a lot of work and god it is a waist of our good time but if you bug these guys enough they will bend. Especially if they are threatened. Let me know how everyone makes out please. I am so livid at these people. Thanks for your time. Deb
 20th of Jan, 2013 by   teresa carolan 0 Votes
got 2 items 1 @ 5.95 euro 1 @ 2.95 euro but now the company have taken 108.82euro from my credit card account without my permission so i dont know even know what it is for. what can i do? teresaann567@yahoo.com
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   catita 0 Votes
Oh dear God thanks for Google and the testimony of this great people on this complaints board, I almost fell into this trap Dead Sea Kit advertised on Facebook..

Thank you guys!
 29th of Jan, 2013 by   catita 0 Votes
Dead Sea Kit and Collagenta, Google first plz.

1st of Feb, 2013 by   dklario 0 Votes
I tried to cancel the same day as I noticed the free trial was "bull".
I sent them messages and tried to call them (cannot get to them) .
I received the serum anyway, I sent it back to Israel.
I was charged the whoopi $138.60 anyway and have no serum. What can I do now?
 4th of Feb, 2013 by   Vincent Wansink 0 Votes
I guess I'm not the only one having problems with these guys. I originally ordered the "free" trial bottle for which I had to pay $6.95 shipping and handling. I haven't even yet opened the bottle and I noticed on my credit card they charged me $138.82.

I started an email conversation with their "customer satisfaction specialists" to try to get that charge reversed and it turns out that the fine print says if you don't return the bottle within two weeks they will charge the full price. Obviously not happy with this tactic I demanded a refund or I would talk to my credit card company at which point Alex told me that if I try to get the charge reversed through MasterCard that I could get charged with fraud! Really? Wow. I couldn't believe this "customer satisfaction specialist" was threatening me with fraud for wanting my money back. Does he think I'm stupid?

After another email back, finally Greta replied and said I could return it, or keep it at a discounted price of just $69.95. Since shipping back to Israel with a tracking number would cost around $80 I guess I have no choice but to keep my "free" trial for the cost of $69.95. sigh. This is by far the most expensive free trial I have ever had.
 10th of Feb, 2013 by   dyna71 0 Votes
as always...if it sounds too good to be true it likely is. these are scams and believe me if there was a product out there that can do these remarkable transformations we would know about it by the leaDers in the industry. companies who are likely to charge a fortune but who are regulated and have a moral and ethical obligation to their customers. Take for instance creme De la mer, i have bought this product, very very expensive, did not transform my skin and was on par with boots, Liz Earle, products. i wasn't ripped off when i bought it, it was my Decision to buy it, i maDe a conscious Decision to buy it, difference however is that i bought it from a reputile retailer. common sense dictates me think!!!
 14th of Feb, 2013 by   Dummyme 0 Votes
Oh my God...I have also fallen into this scam. Now what? I am not returning the product because it appears from the many commented complaints that even if you return the product, the charges are still there and then you no longer even have the product. I should have known better...these are true SCAM professionals. The money must just be pouring into their pockets...and they are laughing all the way to the bank.
So now what...how can I guarantee that they don't continue to take money from my account? HELP
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   eliz a 0 Votes
I have feel for this scam, stating that you pay £4.95 for the Collagenta and £3.95 Deadsesa kit. After receiving my kit and finding no invoice or address to send item back I became suspicious so started to look for any contact address, which I could not find.. I then rang my credit card company to stop payment of what I then thought was about £45 each. My bank were brilliant or so I thought stating that alot of people had fell for this and they would put a block on payments but I need to still contact company. Ive tried sending several emails but none would send. Anyway, yesterday I received my card statement and a total of £176. as been taken. After ringing my bank and being totally told that I should read small print and "you dont get out for nowt ", that theres nothing they can do, I dont no were to turn next. Ive since checked their website and my emails and can not prove the increase in pricing so I could atleast get half my money back .Is there anyone out there who can help.
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   lunia 0 Votes
I got roped into this scam by stupidly filling out a survey to get a trial sample if I paid for shipping of $4.95 C. So I stupidly gave them my credit card number. I then get an email saying congratulations etc. and they give me my password. When I visit the site is when I find out that they have me signed up for auto-ship and also that the product is not free. It's a 14 trial period after which you can return the product to an address in Israel if you don't want to keep it for the low price of $148.82. You can opt out of the auto ship but it is "not recommended". Naturally I panic and send an email to their customer support people first Greta of no last name and then Alex also of no last name. I told them what happened and that the product was supposed to be free and that I did not sign up for any of this. We go back and forth a few time with me getting ever more frustrated. They explain and I quote from the email:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Please allow me to explain our trial policy.
The risk-free trial of our Collagenta serum is 2 weeks long and is designed so you can sample our active collagen serum for only a small S&H charge. You will have 2 weeks to evaluate the power of our products. If at the end of your trial you're not satisfied, simply return the bottle to us and we will not charge you anything. If you are satisfied, and I am certain you will be, we will charge you a special discounted cost of Collagenta of only C$148.82. This luxurious serum sells for C$195+ at retail locations and malls, so this is an amazing 50% off.
How $148.82 is 50% of their regular price $195 still puzzles me but I reply :
I got your sample of Collagenta via a free gift if I filled out a survey ad and all I have to do is pay the shipping. Then when I receive the product I find out that it is some sort of auto-ship deal which I did not sign up for. I have checked my status to be removed from auto ship and want assurance that I will not be billed for the product I supposedly got for free. I would like to add that I have tried it once and found it made my face red, so have not used it a second time. I would send it back but don''t want to pay for shipping a second time. I have full-filled my end of the deal as it was presented to me initially, paying for shipping and the product being free. End of.

We go back and forth a few more times, with them never addressing the real problem is that they are promoting it as free and it is not. They do finally tell me:
Thank you for getting in touch with us. I am sorry to hear that you want to cancel and return your trial Collagenta bottle, I hope you have thought that over and realize what you'll be missing out on.
To save you time and hassle, I can offer to let you keep the serum for only **C$69.95** and refund the rest of the charge to you. This is a great deal, as our Active Collagen Serum sells for over C$195 at retail locations, so you'd get to have it for a fraction of its cost and not worry about return shipping and such associated costs.

I realize that all this back and forth with customer service is a stalling tactic until they can withdraw the $148.82 which they did. My bank was of little help when I told them what happened and whether there was any way I can block someone from with drawing money against my consent. They tell me they are a third party and can't cancel a payment agreement with the 2 other parties but they have offered to handle a dispute of the charge but too little to late.
At this point I have sent yet another email telling them that I do not want their product and am sending it back and want a full refund and to close my account, again reiterating that they never did have my permission to take any thing but the intial shipping and to close my account.
They tell me:
If you choose to return the product instead, please send it here:
Collagenta
c/o Paloma Dead Sea, Ltd.
PO Box 5381
Caesarea 30889
Israel
Your name, address and email must be clearly written on the return package, both inside and out, or we may be unable to refund you. Once we have received your clearly marked return, I will issue a full refund for the charge to you.

So now they may not be able to refund my money if my return package isn't clearly marked? So I am so paranoid at this point that I actually take pictures of the envelope, the packaged product and the note inside with all my info on it for when they claim my refund can not be sent because of some asinine reason they will conjure up. I am so frustrated at the amount of worry and hassle this whole thing has caused me that I am going to write a letter to the editor of my local paper and contact the CBC's Marketplace to see if they can investigate how these foreign companies are scamming Canadians, and I will be taking issue with by bank as well. They had better refund my money in full. I will chalk up the double shipping fees as a lesson learned.
 24th of Feb, 2013 by   lunia 0 Votes
This is never ending. Now I've gotten another email, copied here, both my message an Jane's response:
Thank you for contacting us.

Customers get a 14 day trial period to try the product(s) as much as they want to. If for some reason they find it(them) unsuitable, they can return it(them) (used or unused) to us within the 14 day trial period and not get charged for it(them).
However, upon receiving the item(s), if a customer decides not to go ahead with the trial, and they leave the product(s) unopened and unused, then they can return it(them) back to us within 30 days. If they make this return after the 14 day trail period and have been charged, then they will receive a full refund.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Jane
Customer Satisfaction Specialist
Collagenta Serum, a product of DS Marketing Limited
www.collagenta.com

----- Original Message -----
So after everything I wrote to you about cancelling all charges and shipments, I now find that you did indeed charge to my card $148.82. It leads me to believe that this on going emailing was simply a stalling tactic on your part till you could get the money. Disgusting.
This has been a most infuriating experience dealing with your company and product. As I told you before I used the product once when I got it and it just made my face red. Why on earth, would I want to purchase it for the now discounted price of $69.95 (this also tells me what an inflated mark up you must have if you actually do sell it for $195, which I highly doubt).

NO I DO NOT WANT THIS PRODUCT. I AM SHIPPING IT BACK TO YOU FOR A FULL REFUND. As I put in the note with all my information in the envelope, give me back the money you had no right to take to begin with and cancel my account. I want nothing more to do with you or your product. Can I make things any clearer than that?
I have however learned a valuable lesson, because if I had Googled your company before I took the survey which gave me the not so free sample, I would have found out that there are numerous complaints from other people who have been duped by you. All I had to type in is "Colagenta scam".

As I understand it if I don't like the product I can hold on to it for 30 days and ship it back unopened. If I open the product I have 14 days to return it. If course they don't address the fact that they never had my permission to charge anything but the shipping to my card.
 24th of Feb, 2013 by   noman zafar 0 Votes
Hi There
i got the same problem.
i filled the same survey, which i later found out that was a result of malware installed on my laptop.
I got the free sample, not happy with that.
But after 14 days got charged with an amount of 148.82$. i havelaready wtoe to TDBank. Tomorrow i will call them and will go into the dispute.
I even dont remember that the order form i filled had that fine print.
the order and shipping detail pages, which i have, dont have this thing mentioned.
So, i will take those papers to TDBank and will tell them that i have bought this product for 4.XX$ and here is the order.
and i am very much confident that i will get the refund.
The product dont have any information pages inside the box, which had made me suspicious upon arrival itself.
Because how can a beauty product with pros and cons etc..
i will try to update you with the progress.
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   McNutt15 0 Votes
I have this same issue, I have contacted my bank TD and the more people that call their bank and put a claim in the better it is for all of us in hopes of getting our money back. I signed up for the free trial and 3 weeks later was hit with a C148.44 charge. I have tons of e-mails back and forth with them and threatening to sue them. So all of us that have been scamed please contact your banks so this company gets on their raidar and hopefully we might be able to get our money back!. I have also put a stop payment on this company so they can't take more money out next month as I'm sure they will try. If anyone has had any luck in funds being returned please share your storey so others like us can get ours back. This was the first time I have ever bought anything online except for concert tickets and I will not do it again!!

Hopefully this company will get what is coming to them and we get our hard earned money back! I will update when I hear more from my bank which will be in about 10 buniness days.
 28th of Feb, 2013 by   McNutt15 0 Votes
For your INFO I did not have any term and conditions!!! Do you work for this scam company or something!!! This site s for a place where people can go to get help and information on situations that have happened to them and the same to others!!! If you have a problem with people that have been scammed then GET OFF!!!
For me,
This all started via malware. I signed out from linkedin and got complete survey thing, i filled the form and offered free gifts. i ordered. next day, i signed out from Bell and got the same options. i did the same again. Same day i signed out from another site and got the survey again... Alarm bells started ringing for me... I checked my browser's Addon and discovered that there is one malware installed on my pc and all surveys were through malware not through reputed sites. I filled the surveys and paid for free trial at first because i thought they were from reputed sites otherwise i would have never done such thing.
So, my first advice to all of you, who have been scammed, please check your browser addons and disable that malware.
My bank is also TD, i am in talks with them and the person named Jose from dispute center has taken my details. He assured me that i will get the money back but i have to wait for 15 days. Now i will give him call back after 15 days and hopefully get the money back.
@Vanquisher of the Ignorant
"The terms and conditions on the site are either in fine print or on a separate page. As you may be aware all fine prints have to be marked by some sign like *, 1 etc (appendix), but in this case there was no fine print marking. Logically and technically speaking, if there are not marked and linked then they will be considered as two different ir-relevant statements ".
I am very much sure that i will going to get my money back and i will suggest all to take my arguments in your talk with the bank.
Tell them about malware, fineprint and insist that we paid only for free trial and not free aid evaluation.
For me,
This all started via MALWARE. I signed out from LinkedIn and got complete survey thing, i filled the form and offered free gifts. i ordered. next day, i signed out from Bell and got the same options. i did the same again. Same day i signed out from another site and got the survey again... Alarm bells started ringing for me... I checked my browser's Add-on and discovered that there is one malware installed on my PC and all surveys were through malware not through reputed sites. I filled the surveys and paid for free trial at first because i thought they were from reputed sites otherwise i would have never done such thing.
So, my first advice to all of you, who have been scammed, please check your browser add-on and disable that malware.
@Vanquisher of the Ignorant
"The terms and conditions on the site are either in fine print or on a separate page. As you may be aware all fine prints have to be marked by some sign like *, 1 etc (appendix), but in this case there was no fine print marking. Logically and technically speaking, if there are not marked and linked then they will be considered as two different Ir-relevant statements ".
Tell them about malware, fine print and insist that we paid only for free trial and not free aid evaluation.

The Psychology of Pricing