logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Merlin Loans
took money from my account
2. (0 mins ago)
CHEVROLET MOTORS WORLDWIDE LTD.
CHEVROLET Programs & Events Department
3. (10 mins ago)
ICICI NRI Banking - Money2India
Money2india: read this before you use the service!
4. (13 mins ago)
Tianshi/Tiens
Is product really working
5. (48 mins ago)
Sars
Incompetence and non willingness to help

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Genevieve Fischer

Anti-wrinkle

De-Age
Phone: 1-800-919-8969
They do not give a physical address or a web site! Only a telephone # !
I have been contacted several times by De-Age, and encouraged to try their "miracle" wrinkle-remover product! Finally I called them, however before I ordered the "free sample", for only "shipping carges", I asked some questions- I finally got some answers after a great deal of probing a reluctant representative.
1) Shipping charge was outrageously high!
2)Along with the "free sample", they also ship me a full-sized product at approximately $90.00 (and my credit card would be charged accordingly) of course I could always return the unused full size (at my expense) and they would deduct the full-sized product amount from my credit card!
I politely declined their offer!
I have seen, on varioous sites, complaints by people ordering a "free" sample and getting billed much more than they expected--this is how it works folks!!!
BEWARE OF ANYTHING FREE!
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Apr, 2009 by   Belinda 0 Votes
Ok, You are not satisfied with the customer service and shipping charges. Butt... were you able to test the product and find out if it was just a bunch of crap or does it work????? I would certainly like to find out. Please let me know.
Thanks You.
 26th of May, 2009 by   ramblindewey +1 Votes
My grandmother received one of their marketing ads -- it was sent in an unmarked envelope -- had the look of a hand-written note on the top corner of an ad -- Joanne - Call fast, it works! I only paid shipping!

This company preys on the elderly and ignorant -- beware!!!
 29th of May, 2009 by   Sharpay -2 Votes
I got a free sample of de-age and was only charged for the shipping. I was never charged again. And the product really works. I have tried other wrinkle creams and they only last 1 or 2 hours. So this really works it really plumps up your skin.
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   Doris Wilkinson +1 Votes
I was sent the marketing ad, with the look of a hand-written note on the top left corner also, only mine said "Doris, Call Fast, it works! I only paid shipping!" The ad was (at least made to look like) it was cut from a magazine. The back side was an article on stock markets and at bottom said "NEWS TODAY - FINANCE 2008 Personalized Promotion, " "November 15, 2008 issue." There was no signature on the note or return address on the envelope, but it was post marked from Phoenix, AZ on June 11, 2009. I am always too leery when (1) It's too good to be true or free (2) The person(s) sending it don't have the courtesy to identify themselves. Doris
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   VirginiaLeeLamar +1 Votes
Surprise, Surprise! I also received the same look-alike ad wih the finance article on the back and made to look as if it had been torn from a magazine. I knew it was a fake before I opened the envelope because the script letters were all identical--nobody writes all their letters identically. Anyway, I opened it, ran their name through Google and found their web site. It looks nice with a black background but no more info than what was on the paper ad. I then ran De-Age through google and a lot of sites sell it. However, the cheapest I could find was $88. Guess I'll keep my lines for a while! :-)
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   gbriones 0 Votes
Their miracle wrinke remover D-Age is not a Company with good representative personal I ask for a free sample insted they shipme products for three months charge to my credit card the products is no good in me I may be alergic or somthing but I want tu return the products but is no way to contact them by phone I hope somebody help me Gloria
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   gbriones +1 Votes
I need help
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   poop 0 Votes
when i got one in the mail, i called the number and they put me on hold for almost five hours!!! then when my father came home, he tried it... and when the bill came for my "free" sample, the company charged me $90.00 for a big bottle... i didn't even order a big bottle!
 19th of Jul, 2009 by   Naples 0 Votes
I also recievd an "ad" looks torn out of a magazine and with the same exact wording "Laura, call fast, it works I only paid shipping" postmarked Phoenix, Arizona
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   Lila L. Pinord 0 Votes
I also ordered the same free sample of De-age and the person I spoke with, Sharie, talked so fast it was hard to keep up with her. I said I only want to try the free sample. I asked- "you're not going to send me something else and charge me for it, are you? Heavens no! was her answer. But, you guessed it, here it comes in the mail the entire package with about six bottles of everything in it! I just got my credit card statement with a charge of $241.27 on it!
I immediately called 1-800-919-8969, the same no. on the original ad that came in the mail and then SHE proceeded to talk fast and acted like it was MY fault, that I had agreed to receive it! I am taking steps as soon as I can to get rid of this charge. They said I would have to go to the expense of returning the package to them! The law states that if something comes in the mail that we did not send for, we need not return it. The man who called me today would not listen to me and insisted I return it. We shall see who is right in the long run. Next step, call my credit card company about these scammers!
 3rd of Aug, 2009 by   Caligon take me away 0 Votes
ok I also got this ad, with the stock market on the back LOL in blue handwriting says - mary (my name) new line... call fast, It works! ..newline..I only paid shipping! The people who pull this garbage should know, that if you make people wonder who sent it, makes you leary to do what the ad says! No one knows you people. Frankly I rather stay like I am, cause making me mad is not away to get me to order your product. Infact if ever I am looking for a wrinkle product ( I am not and do not have wrinkles yet ) I would never use your product, because of the dishonesty attatched to your way of doing bussiness. Trickery is not a good way to do bussiness! You will not get people to order your product and if by chance you do, that will be only the one time and then noone will want anything to do with you!
 24th of Aug, 2009 by   truwitch 0 Votes
I have just received an unsolicited mailer from de-age, I have never tried this product, but I am aware that the active ingredient is Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 which is in a lot of different products that you can find at a much lower rate. So good luck with the anti aging creme I hope it is a good one, I would research the side effects of such a chemical before putting it on my skin or near my eyes.
 10th of Oct, 2009 by   Mildred Sugita 0 Votes
I receive the same as comment #2. I have tried calling for three days the 1-800-919-8969 number and have only gotten busy signals. I even called the customer service number and again recieved only busy number. Help! how do I get through.
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   srenee 0 Votes
Ok, I am glad looked up De-Age and found the posts. I received the same thing, a page that looks like it was torn out of a magazine with a note at the top in blue lettering saying: Susan, call fast, it works! I only paid shipping. At first I was thinking maybe somebody was trying to give me a subtle hint, I have wrinkles but not that bad yet. So looks like it is some sort of a scam and I will discard it and continue to use my Anew from Avon. Sue
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   Trishagal 0 Votes
Thank you all for taking the time to comment and help others! My mother gave me the envelope and the same page as described with the same "hand lettering" on the envelope and the ad page. I knew immediately it was a scam, these "personalized" ads always are, but needed to prove it to her. Easily done, thanks to all of you!
 13th of Nov, 2009 by   yramlou 0 Votes
I am so glad I looked up this product on the internet. I had thought a friend was trying to tell me something, I already knew, I am old I have
more wrinkles than I care to have I don't like them. I was going to try this product, but I guess I won't now. Thanks for cluing me in. Mary
 15th of Nov, 2009 by   nat2 0 Votes
I got this envelop in the mail with no returned address listed. I thought this was very unusal so i opened it. Inside was a torn paper from magazine with a note wriiten at the top. It said that this product worked and only had to pay shipping. Nothing these days is for free and only pay for shipping. I would like to know if this is for real. I am concerned that this product is not safe to use. If anyone has gotten the De-Age, I would like some feedback on if this is truely a safe product to use. Thanks, Nat
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   Rip Off Elderly +1 Votes
I actually worked at this company in Scottsdale, Arizona. I too, believe and know it is the biggest scam, I have ever came across. They actually pay their reps, cash for different size packages they sell. (Is paying with cash legal?) They award their reps with lottery tickets, cash daily and can even win free products of De-Age and Re-New, which do not work at all. They take advantage of elderly people (70's, 80's and 90's) and scam them into believing that their wrinkles will actually go away. LOL, what a joke. I felt so badly lying to these elderly people. This company should not get away with it an it is time for the BIG PEOPLE, step in ad do something about this. It is like stealing from senior citizens. They somehow find a way to send these fake looking magazine article's to these elderly citizens. Time for someone to get in touch with the Feds and let them know what a scam this is and also how they pass out thousands of dollars cash to each employee. I felt so guilty stealing from the elderly, that I was thrilled to death, when they decided to fire me. Please, someone get on this now!
 28th of Nov, 2009 by   My poor gram +1 Votes
My grandma was just charged $487.55 for the De-Age and the Re-new by some 'perfection skin' company. She said that she received the information in the mail that had a 'hand written' note that must be from a friend. She didn't know which friend, she said, but it had to be good if a friend sent it, right? She is completely neive and doesn't realize what is truly happening. This is a HUGE SCAM. Also... her card was also charged $250.80 and the bank and my grandmother do not know where the charge came from. They told her that even though shes 80 years old that her wrinkles will really go away! That's such crap. My grandmother is sooo upset now that we have told her the truth...she has had a heart attack in the past and we are now just trying to calm her down. My mom is on the phone with the representatives from this company 1-800-919-8969...she is sooo pissed. I hope people in the future will take a better look into these companies before they buy. Unfortunately, my gma gave account information over the phone :( so we had to close it for her. It infuriates me that they are obviously preying on the elderly, single women!! it makes me sick...I pray and hope that someone can get this company!!!
 8th of Dec, 2009 by   pennster 0 Votes
This just happened to a relative of mine. The guy I talked to was Scott West. He told me my relative had free will and could order whatever she wanted with a credit card. I told him she was in a senior housing place and was 85 years old but he said too bad. Let's call Better Business Bureau.

Mechanic Scams