logo

Yahoo UK & Ireland
Yahoo Award Prize
3. (7 mins ago)
Diet ultimo
no response to cancel further products
4. (12 mins ago)
TRADELINES TO BOOST CREDIT SCORES
Todd stockton of highlands ranch colorado ripped me off !
5. (22 mins ago)

Posted:    Valerie

They almost got me for $695.00

Davison
www.davison.com
I was told the EXACT same things as others down to the T! Even got the lil nice full colour package and contracts. I thought WOW, they really must be a professional company! Or just have tons of money to spend on marketing/advertising!! Boy, they really had me interested. I knew this sounded too good to be true. The ratio of folk getting their product in stores and making money off of it compared to those not making any money is NOT worth me flushing $700 down the drain on a crap game when gas is $4.00 a gallon! While I live in Mesquite, TX and they are in PA, the contracts clearly stated contradictory information that seemed to supersede both. I didn’t have money to seek an attorney so I came here. Thank u "I'm pissed" and to all of you who shared your horror stories! Thanks to you my concerns have been addressed properly.

Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Aug, 2008 by   KD 0 Votes
If you see Davison on the internet, RUNNNNNNN! I spoke with someone with the intials TG (supposedly Director of new products) who seemed extremely convincing and friendly at first. By the thrd conversation he was unprofessionally sarcastic & rude while even admitting to the sarcasm. I expressed the I did not see an attachment that he sent me. He was sarcastic about sending it back 10 times to make sure I had received at least one. It was God that I didn't see the agreement. It would have been a big mistake. I expressed that I wasn't in front of a computer. More sarcasm. By then we began to argue. By the way, what professional ignites an argument with a customer. Oh, yeah an unprofessional one. I let him no that a relative had passed and was on my way out of state, which is why I wasn't in front of a computer. Anyhow, looking back I shouldn't have had to express that someone in my family passed on to explicate why I was not accessible to a computer. Furthermore, he only passed the blame to me for not letting him know that a relative passed. Oh, the bogus email stating that he has been trying to contact me for quite sometime & this was his FINAL NOTICE. In the end, he was psycho. Customers beware. It's sad b/c I'm sure one ignorant employee painted an entire company as unfriendly, uncaring, and unprofessional.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   k-bear +1 Votes
I am in process of dealing with them, have not fully decided whether or not to go with them. I must say that I have not had the same experience as you have. The thing that you all need to know is that 1. most inventions never make it in the consumer marketplace and you need to be aware of that going in. 2. it costs a lot of money to do what they are going to do for you. I am not talking about trying to get a licensing agreement. I am talking about the research, CAD drawings, shelf ready product, packaging, commercial, etc. I have read there contract and I want my lawyer to go over this with me to make sure there is not anything I should be aware of but from what I can see, they spell out everything to a T. If you cannot afford a lawyer to look over your paperwork and give you an opinion, you should not even consider marketing or trying to produce your invention, b/c you are already behind the game. $700? Are you kidding? You think this is a lot of money? Do your research people. These things are expensive and if you think you are going to become a millionaire b/c you had some great revolation you are really mistaken. Like I said before though, I have not worked with them yet but I think there are a lot of idiots making comments that really are not fair to the company. All I am saying is do your research. Get a lawyer. Look them up. Research other companies. See what other companies charge for what they do. Heck, go to their facility, they invited me there without a problem. Of course, keep your eyes open in the process!
 6th of Jul, 2009 by   jjs4you2 +2 Votes
I almost payed them the discount rate of $526 to start up my idea, I did one thing before I did, I checked the BBB and found out that over the last 6 months they have had 196 complaints with zero of these complaints reconsiled! The person that was handling my idea was also very nice and professional until I delayed giving them my money and told them my backers wanted to look at other options before we went ahead with it. He started by telling me that other people with my same idea are waiting on me to either commit to Davison or decline Davisons offer so they could submit their same type idea to Davison. I laughed, because I know there is no way someone else has my idea. This could of been just a ploy to get me to sign or this company is going to try and rip off my idea! I have a Lawyer now and am in the precess of getting my Patent so I am feeling better about my idea not getting ripped off by Davison.
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   Mrs.Jones09 0 Votes
Thank you guy's so much for telling your stories abut this ripp-off company. I was jus about to have a phone conversation with Mr.Davison himself that what the lady sd with the intials LC .This was very helpful information.

Thank,
Dallas, Texas
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   poignantflower2 0 Votes
wow. I have a phone appointment tomorrow with the lady. I guess Im gonna have to give her bad news too.. hope she doesnt get pissed! LOL. yet my idea wasnt too bad. but oh well maybe another time.. I aint got the money to dish out. Thank god for the internet huh????
 9th of Jan, 2010 by   David K. 0 Votes
This is the 2en company I found wanting money up front, I said can we make a deal, they keep 10% and I get 90%, I was going to say I'll give you 30% if you pay for this they said no. They wanted $526.00 up front, and I could make time payments, hummm.I had this idea for years, just sitting in the back grown. Im glad I came to this web site and seen all this. To keep dishing out money and get nothing in return, as you can tell I'm not a happy camper. I tould this guy who called me Tony to call me back Next week Mon, then a women called wanted to know if I talk to someone already, I said yes, but she coulden't fine any info on that call, until she look on, then she named off a few people, until we found Tony. When he calles I'll just tell him no and leave it in the backgrown for another date, maybe there will be people out there who will do what they say. Why is it so hard to find people who you can trust.
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   fairyqueen 0 Votes
I was one of the idiots who paid over $9000 to these parasites. Turns out that amount doesn't cove promotion. Of course you only find that out when it comes time to promote. Then they demand $335 per submission. Sueing them for deceptive business practice/extortion. I suggest anyone screwed by these creeps file the forms at the following link:

Please copy that link and post on every board. Together we can stop these bastards once and for all.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   fairyqueen 0 Votes
Note to everyone thinking of using Davsion. They will use you, rape you, drain you till you have nothing. Look at the part of the contract that states they will not not market/present your invention if you don't pay them $335 per submission. Guess what it's not in the contract. You only find this out after you pay them thousands. Oh and I checked on the companies they present to and guess what. These companies will not do business with these parasites and also when they send out your prototype they send it to companies who have nothing to do with your invention. This way they can keep sending it out indefinately and charging you indefinately.

This is a boiler room type operation. The inventigration crap is just a front. If you've been screwed by these parasites file a complaint with the government. This is how they got them last time. Keep posting on the boards. They make their money on the internet and it's the internet that's going to kill them. Rumor has it they're going under, it's having an effect so keep up the pressure. Don't stop till these parasites are gone, gone, gone.
 13th of Feb, 2010 by   fairyqueen 0 Votes
For everyone's reference below are just some of the names these parasites use to rape hard working Americans and god knows who else around the world.
davisoninnovations
davisoninternational
inventioncity
 16th of Feb, 2010 by   boboman46 -1 Votes
i looked and researched till i got pretty tired of looking and researching even went thrue invention submission company in an attempt to bring my invention which in my opinion is as good as the invention of the light bulb and you would figure that if a company was out to make lotts of money they would just get the dammed thing out on the market and do away with all this crap of charging you so much and as i'm 650 bucks into it i get a call from one of davison's crew and i ask him if they are going to do what they told me they would do and cover any further cost in trade off of a % of future money genorated by sales of my inventionand then it comes ! he says lets not talk about what was said in past conversations ...? ok no i will talk about what i was told and it's my money and just where can a guy that is on dissability and ssi due from a completely messed up back possibly come up with 11 grand ? i'm not a sucker just a guy with a dream of someday bringing my invention to market and itr seems davison prays on this dream and takes advantage of a man's only vission to succeed in life and someday have the things he has always wanted like seeing his family in nice clean clothes and not having to wait for that ssi and ssd check every month just to barely get by.
where are davison's success stories ? where are the ones that they have made successfull ? pleas write me and talk to me i'll even call you anywhere in the united states i've got magic jack pc phone i can call you anytime you want pleas talk to me i need to know there is actualy someone out there that davison has successfully marketed there invention for them i see a photo and i see that i have paid much more than what i have recieved so far i know i can buy a plastic binder and then download free software to pute togather /edit a pretty convincing portfolio and toss a few convincing stories of people that davison have successfully marketed there ideas and i believe i can do this cheaper than what i have paid out up to this point so if you are out there pleas contact me i need to talk to some successfull parties that went thrue davison i can always be reached at boboman46@yahoo.com or call me at 971-240-6017
in closing i would also like to ask others like me to get ahold of me lets try to get togather and find the salution to the problem i think we can team up and find a way to bring our ideas to market we can bitch all we want thats not going to get us anywhere the solution is out there lets get togather and find it ! i don't know how many years i have left here i would love to start a legit company that does not bilk money from people and helps them to bring there inventions to market i've heard stories of guys bringing there ideas to market all by themselves it take commitment and i know using our heads we can reach our dreams it should not take so much money hell i ran a 4 plex mom and pops dollar theater all by myself just can't agree with the price of admitance at davison i'm about ready to invest in a machine to fabricate my invention and go it alone i know i can do it its just gonna take much more time and effort just how many people are working on my idea ? 11 grand ?
lets help each other i know we can do it but we have to try my friends.
truly
ktj boboman46@yahoo.com
 2nd of Mar, 2010 by   fairyqueen 0 Votes
Just want to get some names of the parasites that work for Davison out on the web.
AUTUMN LUNIEWSKI Job Title Licensing Cooordinator
This low life will sit on the phone and spew out so many lies. She even had the nerve to state that if the patent pending runs out I could just renew it no problem. GUESS WHAT for all that don't know. It's a huge problem. You lose your original filing date and as a result have your invention stolen.

STEVE SMITH New products Director
This creep is a natural born lier. Will say anything to get that initial $699. After listening to this parasite I asked if he was ever a used car salesman and guess what he was.
These are just two of the parasites working for Davison. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE THEM A PENNY. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY BY RAPING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND GOD KNOW'S WHO ELSE AROUND THE WORLD. DON'T DO IT.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   MIKE6969 0 Votes
PLEASE READ ABOUT DAVISON INTERNATIONAL DESIGN AND DEVLOPMENT

THIS INFORMATION ABOVE ABOUT DAVISON IS SOOOO TRUE!!! I WAS ONCE AN EMPLOYEE FOR OVER A YEAR AND WALKED OUT I COULD NOT TAKE IT ANYMORE!! IM NOT DOING THIS TO GET BACK AT THEM. IM AM DOING THIS BECAUSE WHAT THAT COMPANY IS DOING IS HORRIBLY WRONG! DAVISON WILL CHARGE YOU A PRE-DEVLOPMENT FEE AND ACT LIKE THEY ARE DOING RESEARCH 3-6 WEEKS. WHEN IT IS ACTUALLY DONE IN A FEW DAYS. THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO ON YOUR OWN!!! BELIEVE ME YOU CAN!! AFTER THE PRE-DEVLOPMENT IS DONE THEY WILL PROLONG EVERYTHING TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE THEY ARE WORKING HARD. THEY WILL SAY THEY ARE WAITING FOR A COMPANY AND COST, BUT SORRY THEY HAVE THAT IN FRONT OF THEM ALREADY. ONCE THEY HIT YOU WITH THE COST TO BUILD THIS PRODUCT YOU WILL SHIT YOURSELF THE COST IS RIDICULOUS!!! AND THE SAD PART IS ALOT OF PEOPLE WILL PAY THIS AMOUNT AND THEIR PRODUCT WILL NEVER GET BUILT. I MYSELF GOT TO TAKE A TOUR OF INVENTIONLAND WHERE YOUR PRODUCT WILL BE BUILT AND THERE WAS HARDLEY ANY PRODUCTS BEING BUILT OVER THERE. NOW COME ON THERE ARE OVER 100 SALES PEOPLE AND THEY ARE POSTING TONS OF MONEY EVERYDAY FOR CLIENTS TO HAVE THEIR PRODUCTS BUILT. YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE HOW MUCH MONEY IS COMING IN ON A DAILY BASIS. THEY BRING IN ABOUT 1MILLION A MONTH...THATS NOT A LIE. DAVISON TAKES THE MONEY AND CHOOSES WHICH ONES TO BUILD AND YOU PRETTY MUCH JUST GAVE THEM MONEY TO POCKET BECAUSE THE CHANCES OF YOUR PRODUCT BEING BUILT ARE VERYYYYYYYYY SLIM. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME TELL THEM YOU WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A TOUR OF INVENTIONLAND AND I PROMISE YOU. THEY WILL NOT LET YOU UNTIL YOU FORK UP THAT BIG AMOUNT OF MONEY. NO MATTER IF THEY THINK YOUR PRODUCT IS GOOD OR NOT THEY WILL BRING YOU ON BOARD. ALL THEY WANT IS THE MONEY. MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THE ODDS OF PRODUCTS GETTING TO THE MARKET. LOLOL THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOO SLIM YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF HITTING THE LOTTERY FOR A BILLION DOLLARS!!! ALSO I HAVE SAT IN ON SOME OF THE MANAGERS CALLS AND OOOOHHHH MY GOSH IF YOU ONLY KNEW WHAT THESES UNEDUCATED MORONS WERE SAYING WELL YOU ARE ON THE LINE. THEY PUT YOU ON MUTE AND MOTHER F YOU AND EVERYTHING ALSE UNTIL THEY GET THE MONEY FROM YOU AND THEN THEY LOVE YOU! THIS COMPANY HAS HAD A LAWSUIT FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND THE CLIENT WON. THE OWNER HAS A JUDGEMENT AGAINST HIS HOUSE. BECAUSE OF THIS LAWSUIT. NOW COME ON THIS SHOULD TELL YOU SOMETHING. IF THEY WERENT GUILTY WHY WOULD THEY PAY THE MONEY. THEY ARE BEING WATCHED BY THE FBI AND THEY HAVE ALREADY HAD THE FBI COME IN.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT TO AS MANY PEOPLE YOU KNOW. DAVISON DEALS WITH PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD. IVE SEEN SO MANY CLIENTS LOSE MONEY AND NEVER GOT ANYTHING OUT OF THIS. THEY WILL TAKE MONEY FROM SOMEBODY ON A FIXED INCOME, UNEMPLOYED, HANDICAPP, ETC...THEY DONT CARE WHERE YOU GET THE MONEY FROM BUT AS LONG AS YOU GIVE THEM THE MONEY. SOOOO SAD!! THIS IS NOT A JOKE THIS IS YOUR MONEY INVESTIGATE BEFORE THROWING IT AWAY!!! YOU WILL SEE THE TRUTH FOR YOUSELF. GOOD LUCK!!!
 4th of May, 2010 by   theygotmetoo 0 Votes
I am a current victim of Davison Scam Artists! 6, 695.00 later. This sucks.
 8th of May, 2010 by   sasquatch68 0 Votes
I just recieved my Davison IDEA-TO-PRODUCT PORTFOLIO. I am underwhelmed. The majority of this stuff is Pre-packaged, mass-produced, form letter stuff. The DVD has little info in it. I expected more for $695. And they specify in the information that the pre-development info is not meant to determine patentability or marketability of my product. Huh? I thought that is what I was paying for?

Also stated in an attached letter is wording to the effect that production of a your product (creating the prototype) is not required to get it before a manufacturer, but Davison will not get it in front of a manufacturer unless you pre -produce it. And if you choose not to pay for the making of the prototype, Davison will not do business with you.

So here is my question. Can I take my idea elsewhere and develop and get to a manufacturer without Davison getting a cut of my royalties?
 17th of May, 2010 by   anonymous pennsylvanian 0 Votes
If you are smart, you will steer clear of Davison Invention, located in RIDC Park in the Pittsburgh area.

I briefly dated one of their salespeople and he himself told me the company was a complete ripoff. [And why would an invention company need salespeople? That in itself should be a big red flag.]

All that Davison does to get your invention in front of major retailers is this: they send an email to the company (Target, Walmart, etc.). That's it.

There's NO follow-up, NO visits to the retailer, NO other effort put forth other than sending an email (which in all likelihood is simply deleted.)

If the retailer doesn't respond (they most likely won't), the inventor is out his or her money they paid Davison.

Think about it: in 2008, Davison paid a settlement of $10.7 million to the federal government to address claims that they were ripping off inventors.

I know nothing about how to get an invention to market, but knowing what I know about Davison, I wouldn't give them a dime of my money for any reason whatsoever. Avoid Davison like the plague!
 25th of May, 2010 by   Carlos 0 Votes
Back in 2005 I presented my Idea to Davison, I believe I paid a few hundred dollars for some type of service after, but then they wanted more, so I didn't pay...Now, today I decided (May 2010) to do a search on the product idea I mention to them back in 2005..low and behold my idea made it to the market place..eventhough at that time there was NOTHING like it in the market place .. My Idea was a screen door protector for pets..the idea came to me when my patio screen door was always ruined by my dog or cat..Now keep in mind this is the only Company (Davison) who I told..Is it just coincidence? Maybe! But I doubt out!

I also was scammed in 1996 by a company called NISI National Invention Services Inc, cheated for $8k, what is worse I didn't even know there was a class action suit back in 97, just found out a couple of days ago the FTC sued and was paid over $700k, at least we got a patent for our product from the patent attorney back then, now I come to find out that there are 2 companions infringing on my patent, have an attorney looking into it, what is funny all of the ideas I've had in the past have made it to the market place 5 yrs later...now if anyone knows a company that will help let me know, I have a good idea that is sports related should be BIG..but I'm being very careful with this one!!
 18th of Jun, 2010 by   Gene E. Bower 0 Votes
They are in the process of trying to "extract" $695 out of me, talked to them today. I'm so glad I got on this website, they can whistle for the money, they won't get a dime out of me. I've been down that road where you are promised money and all that happens is that you LOSE money. Negative cash flow due to scams. I'm done with that.
Gene.
 17th of Aug, 2010 by   Derrick T. +1 Votes
At first I was skeptical about working with Davison. They even sent me a list of how many people have made money with them, and it spelled out very clearly that most people don't make a profit. I learned about Davison through a friend who had an idea of his rejected. If their main concern was to get $695 out of as many "suckers" as they can they would not be in the habit of rejecting anything (Left-handed spoons? Great Idea!). The fact is you can purchase products developed by Davison in stores and online right now. That was all I needed to know to decide to work with them. No company or individual can tell you that your idea or invention will be the next wheel. The difference between an idea and an invention is the money spent to develop the idea into an invention. I challenge any of those who are complaining to try to get all of the services they offer for less. The biggest problem in any relationship is unclear and unreasonable expectations. If you expect to get rich simply by having a good idea, and not spending ANY money to develop it, that qualifies as an unreal expectation. Why would any company use their resources to develop your idea when you don't believe in it enough to spend $695, then share the profits with you? I'm no MBA, but I do know it doesn't work that way. I have had plenty of good ideas that were brought to market by someone else, and I get no satisfaction from the all money I saved by not pursuing them. I don't know if my product will be successful, but I do know that I will have a product, and that's all you can ask.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   captbnol 0 Votes
i also thought the davison company seemed not right. after seeing all these comments i know its not right. ive been talking to a person with the last name of walker at davison, for the last two days. everytime i talk with him he acts as if hes rushed, he doesnt have much time. he hasnt asked for money yet but i know he will be soon. when i try to ask him questions the answers are not complete. its just a fast conversation and he tells me that he will call me tomorrow. i asked him how long the whole process will take he tells me 10 months. he also tells me that i will get 90 percent of the royalties with. he has mentioned a fee of 750 dollars to start but hasnt asked me for it yet. i will never send them money i just want to see wheres hes going with this. i hope they dont take my idea and run with it. it just sucks the way they hype it up to sound so great only to find out its all a lie. any comments please respond to me at captbnol@aol.com thanks
 8th of Sep, 2010 by   blujeanss 0 Votes
Davison got me for $695.00. I sent them a webpage of complaints & comments and added a note, stating I want to withdraw from the contract and to please credit my $695.00 back to my credit card. The comments & complaints at this site are mild, compared to the webpage I forwarded to Davison. Just got off the phone with a so called director of new products/Davison. A fast talker and cuts you off when you start asking questions. He did not seem to be intimidated with the complaints I sent him and he thought he could talk his way out of the 10 per% of complaints. And he stated that "I read the contract. It tell it like it is." The fact is, I would say there are lots more than 10% of complaints. I told him, in so many words, end of story, I'm done and went silent. He kept talking fast with a big song & dance. I finally hung up on him. My credit card company is investigating Davison. I will be surpised if I get my money back. Now that I think about it, in the contract, I did not see a time frame, should you want to change your mind. Is that legal... I wonder? Thank you for reading my comment. Take care.

How to Invest Without Much Money