logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
globe life and accident insurance
non payment
2. (6 mins ago)
petshop18.com
They cancelled order and no refund
3. (9 mins ago)

Cymax Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Valerie

Awful company

cymaxstores.com
I have never posted anything like this before but this company has made me so angry I had to do something. I ordered two sets of bedroom furniture. After a week or so I was given a delivery date that was about 3 weeks away. When 3 weeks came I still had no furniture.

To make a long story short they delivered the furniture about 5 weeks later then they promised. Then when it was delivered one of the pieces was damaged. We refused delivery on that piece and it has been two weeks without any information from Cymax about when they will ship the replacement.

I guess I'll just have to wait another two months!!! Please don't deal with this company!!!
Comments United States Department Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Oct, 2008 by   steveatlanta 0 Votes
I had a terrible experience with Cymax stores - much delayed shipment and then outrageous restocking fee and shipping fee.

Don't buy from these crooks or at any of their online stores!
 1st of Nov, 2008 by   Mariel 0 Votes
Cymax stores are truly awful. I placed an order two weeks ago. After not receiving any shipping info, I placed several calls and emails. None returned until I took time off from work to call them during the day and they said my item was backordered. I asked when was I going to be notified and all I got was silence and a lame "we just got the email today". How convenient, they ignored me for a week and then when I call them, they just got the email?! I cancelled the order and I am hoping I will get a speedy refund or I will dispute it with the help of Paypal. Awful company! Don't order with them.
 4th of Nov, 2008 by   Aimee Mendel 0 Votes
Oh my goodness...I had no idea so many people had problems with this company. I ordered a tv stand; signed up with Ebillme, paid the money and never got a receipt. The money was debited from my account; when I sent Cymax an inquiry they had no record of this transaction but they did send me a Fed Ex tracking number that showed no package had been sent. Ebill me says this is between Cymax and me; Cymax is not being helpful at all and I am furious. I will not give up until I get my money back; if the item shows up at my doorstep tomorrow I am sending it back because I don't want to deal with these people.

Thanks for letting me vent.
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Shirley Pierce 0 Votes
I purchased a dinette table with glass top and 4 chairs from Cymax Aug.4th. 2008, was told I would recieve in 2 weeks or less. After several phone calls I finally revcieved multiple table bases, and chairs, No tops. When I called they acted like I was an idoit and couldn't count. Finally after a month + they picked up extra pieces. After 2 months I recieved a headboard, (???news to me) I refused it, another call, ...got glass top but was broken. To make along store short, I called my credit card company to stop payment..at that point I recieved a new top. My credit card company paid my bill to cymax again, now they (cymax) keep calling me about payment...After first call I told lady bill was paid and I never wanted to hear from that company again, and would tell all not to order from them, but they keep on calling, I just don't answer the calls as they are on my cell phone and they are using up my minutes...PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. SUPRISED THEY ARE STILL IN BUSINESS..
 9th of Dec, 2008 by   1camp +1 Votes
AGREE AGREE AGREE!! Do not think you are being a savvy consumer by purchasing furniture online from Cymax Stores. They have quite a racket going on - and really have you by the short hair when you want to complain. Horrible experience. Horrible wait time, damaged furniture, substandard product, condescending respoose - awful, maddening, frustrating. Ugh.
 15th of Feb, 2009 by   JAX8181 0 Votes
I agree - I ordered an office set from ComputerDesksNMore.com...only later did I realize it was part of Cymax Stores. The shipment was repeatedly delayed and their customer service team was completely unhelpful. I would NEVER EVER order anything from this company again!
 22nd of Feb, 2009 by   dragonhawk 0 Votes
Although I also had a bad experience, I do not think Cymax is all to blaim. You have to remember that Cymax does not actually ship, store, or make anything that they sell, so if you receive a broken product, the manufacturer you ordered it from is to blaim. I ordered a tv stand where the glass top was broke... I followed all of Cymax's procedures directly but never heard anything back for two weeks... So I went over Cymax's head and called the manufacturer directly and it was all rectified within a week. It appears the manufacturer gave Cymax instructions to give to me and Cymax did not follow through... Sure Cymax's customer service is not the best, but regarding broken products... That is not really Cymax's fault. If you are having problems with a broken product though, try doing what I did and call the manufacturer directly.
 9th of Mar, 2009 by   slief 0 Votes
I placed an order with Cymax 3 weeks ago for a coat rack. I called the order in. When I called it in, the sales person indicated that she had to call the manufacturer to verify stock. When she came back on the phone, she indicated that the had a few left and if I placed the order with her, she would have it shipped within a few days.. Based on that, I placed the order with her.

Since it had not arrived as of today, I decided to call only to find out that is was on back order and not due to ship until May. Whats worse is that they dont even notify you that there is either a problem with the order or a backorder. That is no way to do business!

In the mean time this was a birthday gift for my wife and now I am empty handed.

I have come to find out that Cymax does not handle any inventory and everything is drop shipped. Also, not that I have any issues with foreign companies but they are not even a US based company.

In a bad economy where business are struggling, this is no way to do business. I would hope they go out of business as they are doing a terrible disservice to those manufacturers whom they represent!

BUYERS BEWARE!!! Cymax is not a good company to do business with!
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   Bey 0 Votes
I wish I knew this !!!

I had really terrible experience, too. Ordered one bed and it took 20 days to be delivered even it says they would in 2 weeks.
I kept calling and all they said was'Wait"! And then, when I opened it, it was damaged item(not damaged by UPS since there's no damage on the box).
And when I called to cancel it since THEY HAD SENT ME A DAMAGED ITEM, they still said THEY WOULD CHARGE ME FOR RESTOCKING FEE AND SOME OTHER FEES!! So I complained but no help so I processed replacement of the item.

TO ORDER REPLACEMENT ITEM, I NEEDED TO CALL MANUFACTURER!

IT TOOK ANOTHER 3 WEEKS TO GET HERE EVEN THOUGH I TOLD THEM, 'WITHOUT THIS BED I HAVE TO SLEEP ON THE FLOOR''.
I WILL SUE THEM, LET THEM PAY.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   Unhappy consumer 0 Votes
Do not order from this company. 2/17/09 ordered a Serta futon mattress. Never received a shipping email, so I called them. I was informed it was on backorder with the manufacture and was promised a new shipping date. When that one past, I called again. Promised new shipping date, when that one past, I called again. Finally got a new shipping date and the product came when expected----all in all one month later. Well to my surprise, this grey futon matress has no stickers/tags on it indicating it is a Serta mattress. I finally located a warranty booklet inside indicating it is a Cannon Sleep product. Hmmmm...wonder if they did that on purpose. I have called today and let Cymax know. They said they'll ship a new one as soon as possible. We'll see about that. Just awful experience all around. Should've ordered from Target.
 16th of Mar, 2009 by   Lori Amber 0 Votes
I am so sorry to hear about your experience. It is just awful how this company has treated you. I probably shouldn’t be sharing this information but I have the Vice Presidents of Cymax Online Stores contact information. I would recommend calling her and complaining directly as the call centre staff is extremely unhelpful, especially the agent by the name of Maureen.

Please post your results if you get any.

Shima J.
Vice President & Chief Operating Officer
Toll Free. 1-866-740-9830 x.103
Fax. 1-604.629-4708
shima.j@cymax.com
 9th of Apr, 2009 by   CymaxStores -1 Votes
Hi there,

I wanted to say how sorry I am that you had unpleasant experiences at Cymax Stores. We do our best to give you the best service and get our products out to you as fast as we can. At Cymax stores we try to do everything that we can for customer satisfaction. All our policies are plainly posted on our websites I apologize for any confusion. Our customer service team would love to talk to you if your issue has not be resolved please call us and we will do our best to solve your problems.

1-866-740-9830
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   fjkakljfu 0 Votes
Cymax is the worst possible company you could ever order ANYTHING from. Their return policy is horrible and everything arrives unassembled and lacking parts.

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE FROM CYMAX STORES!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!
 28th of Jun, 2009 by   fred12345 +1 Votes
DO NOT...I REPEAT..DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH CYMAX...

BUYER BEWARE...THIS COMPANY'S RETURN POLICIES ARE AN ABSOLUTE SCAM. PRODUCTS COME DAMAGED. COMPANY DOES NOT OFFER FULL REFUNDS. THEY WANT YOU TO "SCAN" THE PRODUCT FOR DAMAGES AND ONLY RETURN THE PIECES THAT ARE DAMAGED. INSANE!...THEY LIVE IT UP TO THE UNTRAINED EYE TO SORT OUT WHAT IS ACTUALLY "DAMAGED" IN A PRODUCT THAT COULD BE DAMAGED NOT VISIBLY BUT INTERNALLY AS A RESULT OF POOR DELIVERY. NO COMPREHENSIVE RETURN POLICY THAT ADDRESSES FULL CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

IF YOU WISH TO RETURN THE ITEM THEN YOU ARE HIT WITH ALL KINDS OF RESTOCKING FEES THAT REDUCE THE REFUND BY OVER 25%. NOT ONLY THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PAY FOR YOUR OWN RETURN!!..
 1st of Aug, 2009 by   mnl 0 Votes
I just received a bed from Cymax and when I tried to put it up, the head/foot board did not fit into the frame and it looked nothing like the illustrations on the instruction manuel. Plus, the quality is horrible. I called the manufacture to explain and the lady was very snappy and when I called her out on it she became really quiet. She advised that she will send replacement screws but how can a curved frame fit into a flat board?
Now that I am looking at the other "stores" under the Cymax umbrella, I see that South Shore is a part of the chain and I had ordered a chest of drawer from there via Amazon.com. They sent the wrong support beam and the second drawer kept falling. When I called, they sent out the correct beam but the chest was already damaged. If I had know that it was all the same company, I would never have ordered from them.
I am so upset! I was expecting a really nice bed.
 29th of Aug, 2009 by   bradleydad 0 Votes
Perhaps this is just the way some companies do business. You place an order, but Cymax doesn't really have the item. The order is sent to the company that does. So, there is no way to know when the order will be filled, but some day that company will fill the order, and meanwhile, Cymax says it's out of their hands. And some day that unnamed company will send me tracking information, and I might even receive the item.
So, OK, it's not Cymax fault. I could have avoided the issue if I had not ordered from them.

Perhaps I'll get the desk before my son outgrows it.
 1st of Sep, 2009 by   hjohnson1971 0 Votes
This is why I always check with SmartSearchShopping.com. Whenever I want to buy anything, I go to SmartSearchShopping.com to compare prices, store reviews, and compare products.
 17th of Oct, 2009 by   FOOLED NO MORE BY CYMAX STORE 0 Votes
I HOPE ALL OF US WHO LEARNED COSTLY AND AMAZINGLY FRUSTRATING LESSONS FROM DEALING WITH THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY AT LEAST CAN HELP PREVENT OTHER UNSUSPECTING CONSUMERS FROM MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE. DO NOT ORDER PRODUCTS THROUGH CYMAX STORES. THE ENTICING PRICE AND MISLEADING PHOTOS WILL TRY TO FOOL YOU. BUYUER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE. I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW THE FOLKS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SHAM OF A COMPANY WHO THEY TRAIN TO TAKE YOUR COMPLAINTS EVEN SLEEP AT NIGHT. THEY USE THE SAME CONDESCENDING VERBIAGE WITH EVERY PERSON, THEY ARE SHORT, RUDE, TRY TO MAKE YOU FEEL STUPID. IT IS BEYOND MADDENING. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT ONE OF THE CYMAX STORES GOALS, IT IS TO MAKE MONEY OFF UNSUSPECTING CUSTOMERS BY SELLING CHEAPLY CONSTRUCTED SUBSTANDARD PRODUCTS. EVEN THE DELIVERY MEN WHO HAD TO TRY AND ASSEMBLE THIS JUNK TOLD ME I HAD BEEN TAKEN. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE FROM CYMAX.
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   chevelle396 -1 Votes
I think this is a great company. Bought 5 pieces of Stanley furniture for my daughter. When three pieces came in with minor scuff, dings, I called them. They asked me to email them pictures which I did. They asked me to accept the order and I was thrilled for this as my daughters room was cleaned out and it needed the furniture, minor blemish or not. The person I talked to followed up with me every other day and sent me updates of the shipping for her replacements. When it was all said and done, I asked what to do with the old damaged stuff. He told me to keep it for my aggravation. That it was not worth shipping back and forth. I said wow, really? Sure enough, 3 weeks later the new replacement dressers came and the old ones with damage have now completed a second bedroom. I was a little amazed at how nice, professional as well as generous they were. I mean they went out of their way for me to treat me as though I were dealing with Nordstroms. It was that good. Wait for their holiday sale days, It is nearly impossible to have them retro the price if you don't, they are sticklers on that. That amounts to about an additional 4% off, and worth it. I would highly recommend CYMAX. Remember, they have furniture at all price points, and you get what you pay for. Most complaints above are for the really cheap Chinese made stuff. Duh... what did you expect? I bought Stanley because its made in America and thats IMPORTANT to me. I looked at the dimensions and taped off my walls and floors with pieces of blue masking tape so I could see the dimensions in the actual room. I took my time and recommend you do the same.
 27th of Oct, 2009 by   1kuniroy2 0 Votes
I would like to add to the growing list of people who have had a TERRIBLE experience w/ Cymax Stores!!! My wife and I ordered a bed frame in late June and, as of November they now say we will get delivery in December! After giving them months to deliver we wanted a refund of the charges they made in June and, they kindly informed us there would be over $300.00 in charges for canceling! UNETHICAL!! DO NOT order anything from this company!!
You will no where fast with these people.

Flight Risk