logo

3. (2 mins ago)
Club Intrawest
deceptive business practices
4. (8 mins ago)
Enterprise Financial Group, Inc (EFG)
Extended Warranty Scam
5. (13 mins ago)
Hudson and Marshall/Real Estate Auctions
To be Announced

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

CR England Complaints & Reviews - Inadequate training, recruiters who lie, broke drivers

CR England Contacts & Informations

CR England

Posted: 2011-02-04 by    Dmina

Inadequate training, recruiters who lie, broke drivers

CR England
I have a cdl from previous trucking, but was out of driving for about three years. I contacted CR England for a job and was told by the recruiter that I would be hired but needed to take a refresher course to insure I could still drive and update on any laws, log books, etc. I was told the course I would be attending would only cost me $100.00 and it would be 1 week long, then on a truck with a trainer for a week longer. I arrived in Salt Lake City and was told no room in the facility that I would be bussed to a motel and would have to bring all my luggage back each moring. I had about 50 pounds worth of canned food since they did not provide meals. I was placed in the hotel (on a Sunday) and had to stay there for 3 days before they found me a room with 7 other guys, all sleeping on very wobbly bunk beds. The same type my young children have. When I arrived on Monday, I was told I would be attending a 2 week course, then out over the road for 2 to 3 months with a trainer, (no home time unless they happen to have a delivery in the town I live in), and I would have to lease a truck since they have more drivers than trucks. I went to training as usual, and watched as a class of over 100 people began to dwindle down due to various reasons..birth certificate was ripped, recruiter didn't get all previous job references (which I thought was something they should have had completed before telling you that you were hired), etc. In class instruction was just fine, but then we went to the backing range and learned to back with the help of students, not instructors and before we even learned to go forward. Me having driving experience was able to assist my fellow students. After 1 1/2 weeks, I said screw it and left. I met several friends I keep in touch with on a weekly basis who graduated and got their CDL's with CR Englands help. 1st friend, leased a truck and got into a wreck, not his fault. Instead of England giving him another truck while his was being fixed, he sat around for several weeks. Finally back on the road he was dispatched to a trailer left abandoned at a truck stop and got 70 miles down the road and was pulled over and arrested. He was told the trailer was stolen, even though the Qual Com had him dispatched to it. 2nd friends (a couple) leased a truck together and team drive. In 4 months they received their tax statement stating they made $30, 000, but have only banked $4, 000. England has received the $26, 000 for their money. 3rd friend, got broke and went elsewhere. His highest paycheck was $500 and only once. And get this, he became a trainer after a month! 4th friend was told to come back to Salt Lake City for his "upgrade" because he refused to lease a truck, but England would not send him via Greyhound, but instead wanted him to hop trucks headed that way. He was fired for a log violation during his attempt to return, and was never behind the wheel since he was trying to get back to the facility. I was fortunate enough to get a local driving job and have made more working hourly delivering farm commodities than my friends who are doing OTR driving. Please take it from me and my friend's experiences and do not go to CR England. This was August 2010. When I asked my recruiter about all of the negative publicity with England, he stated that they have made improvements and are driver oriented. Not.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Mar, 2011 by   Troysteed 0 Votes
They are getting worse by the month. They false advertise there wages. They did away with the rewards points bonus of getting the drivers variable mileage payment reduced. This means that its impossible for a lease operator to make more than 66 cpm empty and whatever the top wage is they advertise minus .14 cpm. It is a very strong case of false advertising.
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   Anotherdayinparadice 0 Votes
Plus they always cheat you out of miles on every settlement, This is a leasing company not a trucking company, with 1500+ trucks to recover out there on the road. Now that tells one something

Tips How to Save Money on Gasoline