Commerce Insurance

Commerce Insurance
My car was hit by another woman two weeks ago, she backed into my car and totaled it. I was driving my 1993 Subaru and I was leaving a 7/11 with a gallon of milk. She was in front of me, entering the roadway, when she suddenly put her SUV into reverse and drove *up* onto the hood of my car (she never looked behind her and didn't hear my horn). My car is now not drivable. She is older, never had an accident before, paid years and years and years of premiums to Commerce Insurance. She accepted full responsibility for the accident without hesitation.

I am a single mother, laid-off since March and looking for work, driving my Subaru daily, which I have always kept in good repair and have the receipts to prove it. After my car was totaled by that woman, Commerce told me they would give me only $800 and take my car (so I can't even sell it for parts). Kelly Blue Book value for my car, with the miles and the rust on one panel included, is $2500, but Barbara Richardson at Commerce told me, "that's just for dealers" and frankly didn't care. Now I can't replace my car, have no transportation and no job. I can't pick my son up from school without help from a friend, go grocery shopping or go to a job interview. My transportation is gone, not replaceable with $800, and my son and I will suffer because of Commerce's decision regarding this case.

All I was doing that day was picking up milk for my son. Commerce is an insurance company and is there to 'make right' what the older woman who hit me destroyed. She paid her premiums, she had good coverage. Commerce, i.e. Barbara Richardson, did not rectify what their client had done, but rather made certain that the money they had taken for years from this older woman stayed in Commerce's pockets.
Complaint comments Comments (1) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

12th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
take them to small claims and request triple damages. They will be compelled to deal fairly.

Contact Us