logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (5 mins ago)
Holiday Travel Of America
doesnt return phone calls/Manager extrememly rude
2. (11 mins ago)
Wrinkle Acres Dog Kennel **KAREN WILSON**
Bad bad bad dog breeder for akc!
4. (16 mins ago)
Harbortouch
Harbortouch is a BIG scam
5. (24 mins ago)
Allied Wallet
Money taken from my account

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ClassyAuto.com, Omaha, Nebraska Complaints & Reviews - Scam ad!

ClassyAuto.com Contacts & Informations

1941 S 42nd St, Suite 104
Omaha, Nebraska
Phone: 800-320-9557
www.classyauto.com
I was approached by this company on the internet to sell my classic car through their online service. They told me they dealt with over 200 websites in order to sell my car rapidly. After paying them over $1, 000 and no sale of my $70, 000 vehicle in over 3 months, I realized I'd been had. They took terrible pictures of the car, the ads were poorly written and the selling price was incorrect.

I only received calls from people with low-ball offers and people who wanted to buy the car at the lower price. All of the potential buyers were of low quality, and had no money to buy the car. When I complained about the poor customer service, they lowered the selling price of my car $10, 000 without my permission.

I am livid to say the least. This is a very shoddy company and should be closed down for good. I hope everyone will stay away from ClassyAuto.com and they go out of business soon.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Sus Roby 0 Votes
I was also reached by this company to sell my truck after having it advertised with another company. I went to check on my ad and found the website is an error. Then I saw a sight for Classy auto being a scam. I to only got calls from the other company and also had the same problems with the way the ad had been written. It was never listed as a 4x4 and the low miliage was also never disclosed.
I to have been had I can't even reach them by phone they come up as a different company.
All BEWARE stay away from WWW.Classy Auto.com
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   the truth 0 Votes
Both of you are complete idiots for even given someone money by phone in the first place. The company that you are referring to doesnt even come and take photos first off and they only suggest a price to list it at cause when it comes down to it, your the owner and you should price your vehicle based off of what they are averaging on the open market not what someone suggests. Grow up for gods sake and stop trying to right your assumptions off on the company that tried to help you. YOU ASSUMED THAT THE VEHICLE WOULD SELL NOT CONSIDERING THAT IT MIGHT NOT. LETS REVIEW: 1) YOU GAVE MONEY TO A STRANGER BY PHONE. 2) YOU ASSUMED THAT IT WOULD SELL WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE REALIZED ITS JUST ADVERTISING 3) YOU POSTED A SMEER CAMPAIGN CAUSE YOU WASNT SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE GROWNUP CHOICES ON YOUR OWN SO YOU LET A UNKNOW PARTY DO IT FOR YOU! IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTSSSSSSS!!!
 20th of Oct, 2008 by   SCAM SCAM SCAM worse then SPAM 0 Votes
THEY ARE A 100% TOTAL SCAM DON'T GIVE THEM A CENT...THEY ARE 100% BS
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   lupe 0 Votes
There is nothing classy about classyauto.com. I too was approched by this company after running my own ad on craigslist. I agreed to their service, I tired calling one of the company representatives to let them know my ad was incorrect. I left the representative tons of messages and never had a response back. He was suppose to help but they dont care about helping people sell cars they just want your money. After paying them they never returned my calls. Classyauto has the worst customer service. I do not recommend them at all.
 18th of Dec, 2008 by   Growsales1 0 Votes
So if you list your car in a newspaper for $100 for a weekend and it does not sell... is the newspaper a scam?

If you list your car on another website such as the trader and it does not sell... is that website a scam?

NationalVehicleMarketing (dba ClassyAuto) from what I can see happens to be one of, if not the top autoseller on Ebay and they have a 100% positve feedback rating. They are Titanium rated PowerSellers as well( the highest seller rating you can get for $$$'s in sales per month)... You cannot fabricate those stats on Ebay... I am sure numerous people sell their cars through these guys, but not everyone. Just like any other form of advertising you will find. Bottom line is you have to have a car someone wants and price it at a figure that is attractive to people. You never know what you are going to get with advertising, all you can do is try to put a car in front of as many people as you can and apparently that what this company tries to do with their website and Ebay... how hard is that to understand. If your car is being advertised on their website, which comes up quite often on google on the first page of results when doing car searches(thats how I found their website and then this complaint) and they are also running an Ebay ad for you... how is that a scam? I guess I don't understand the complaint. I tried calling their 800# and reached customer service with ease and asked to talk to someone about what they do to help you sell a car... was not that hard to understand what they were doing. Seems like a reasonable expense for the amount of advertising they are going to do. It costs about $100 for one weekend in our local newpaper and all I get with them is 20 words in black and white... no pictures or Ebay ad. ClassyAuto was asking about $200-$300 for an ad with 8 color photos, unlimited description running on their website until sold and on Ebay for either 10 or 21 days... Thats alot better than the newspaper or the trader to me considering Ebay charges close to $200 for a 21 day Ebay auction if I do the work myself and then I don;t have anywhere near the credibility as a seller as these guys do on Ebay. I also looked them up with the BBB and they are in good standings with them. They average about 1 complaint per month and they list over 1, 000 cars per month... not too bad. AS I have seen on here, you cannot make everyone happy no matter what you do for them.

Happy Holidays-
 27th of May, 2009 by   coolcarcollector 0 Votes
People don't sell their cars on this site. They sell their cars, and Classy Auto keeps the cars on the site to inflate their car list, even after they have sold the car up to three years ago.

eBay is posted with a buy-now, not a reserve auction, through Classy.

I guarantee you, companies like Hemmings and the Dupont Registry would like to see these guys fall off the face of the earth, the give the business a bad name.
 28th of May, 2009 by   scamalert 0 Votes
what a scam. now it's a90 day moneyback garuntee. or you get a % of your money back. if its a garuntee you should get it all back. they dont sell cars. as for the idiot that put up that you can reach customer service with no problem. well duh you said you wanted to place an ad and spend money. they give legit companies a bad name.
 28th of May, 2009 by   scamalert 0 Votes
im gonna say that two of these posters work for classy auto
 11th of Aug, 2009 by   Katie GHB 0 Votes
OMG! This is the worst company on the planet. Do not list any car, boat, or whatever you own with Classyauto or there other subsidiaries. I waited months for a refund, and to boot, they NEVER even sold my Audi! The customer service is a joke, and the management is even worse. Please just wait for your lese to end, I had to even contact VISA to step in. I hope reading these reviews helps you decide that Classy Auto is a SCAM!!!
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   George279 0 Votes
I recently had the displeasure of being contacted by “ClassyAuto.” They gave me a song and dance about how they could get my car sold for a high price. The salesman pointed to their “perfect” ebay rating (622 on 11-17-09) as evidence of how great they are. Unfortunately, those ebay feedbacks are about THE CARS, NOT ClassyAuto. Read the ebay feedbacks and see for yourself.

The salesman claimed a 70% success rate. The salesman told me they had listed over 12, 000 cars on ebaymotors since June-2004 (their ebay join date). The “success-rate” math is pretty easy: 622 (sales) divided by 12, 000 (listings) equals a 5% success rate. I’ve been on ebay since 1997, and my experience has been that most people leave feedback. I did a little analysis on ebaymotors, and lo-and-behold, 5% is also ebaymotors overall successful auction rate. What an amazing coincidence.

Here’s some more math: 12, 000 listings times $400 each is $4.8 MILLION. Not bad for a flashy website and a bunch of slick talking salespeople.
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   xtjohn1 0 Votes
I have used them before and never had any problems with my rep. I would call him and he answered or called me back no later then next day. They have sold a couple of cars for me. The whole math part well you are not total right on that. Did you forget that there are eBay fees they have to pay along with the fees to put them on the other sites. Also the guy that bought my car didnt leave feedback because she dealt with me not them. So why would he. You guys need to take a step back and think before you talk. eBay states they sell a car every 60 sec. So because yours didnt eBay is now a scam??? Last time i checked no one made you do anything you didnt want to do, do they. So if you made the choice to pay them it is also partly your fault. We all need to stop blaming everyone else for what you choice to do.
 11th of Jan, 2010 by   jjsedona 0 Votes
I used Classy Auto to sell my RV and I can only say excellent things about the organization. They were professional, there was always follow through with any communication and they got my RV sold. I would use them again to list or to buy. They are the best of the best.
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   capt mike 0 Votes
Classy Auto is a COMPLETE SCAM!!! Please do not give them any money. I had to contact VISA and let them know they lied to me and are fraudulent. They contacted me from my Craigslist ad. Again, they are a complete scam and provide no service whatsoever. AVOID them at all costs!!!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   capt mike 0 Votes
Classy Autos has nothing "classy" about them!!! They are a big RIPOFF !!! Think "CON-MAN." They lie and steal from you and provide no service for you except to steal your money. I had to report them to VISA as being a fraudulent SCAM. There is nothing reputable about this company; it is a total scam. Do not give them a cent!!!
 14th of Jun, 2010 by   howielee 0 Votes
I really wish that this site would publish some of the people that classy has helped. This site is total garbage just used to deface and slander a good company. Classy is e-bays top seller and has received its platinum power seller award for years now, you dont receive that kind of honor for not selling vehicles. why dont you put this first on your page instead of the bullshit you guys have up there.
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   Japflashback 0 Votes
Life is a gamble period. With no guaranties except death. If you choose to pay the money they ask for, roll with it and let them work for you. Do you want all the dip- sh-ts to email you with trade possibilities instead of the amount of money you were asking for from Craig's List. They answer the phones and they deal with the public...and when I deal with the public I want to pull my hair out. So many uneducated people on this planet. The people at 1-800 # Classyauto.com have always answered my questions and helped me out. James owner of Flashback Customs LLC ( Torrance Ca. )
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   alesis12 0 Votes
I was just contacted by these scum bags. The caller ID says 1-800- 320-9557. I googled their phone number and what do you know? They are actually lower that scum. They harvested my phone number from craigslist Portland and called my home acting like a buyer.

Words can not express how angry I am that such low lifes are allowed to operate. If this is how they conduct business, can you imagine how many people they have ripped off?

Run away!!

15427 Seward St
Omaha, NE 68154
+1.4028803212
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   Lee Gomez 0 Votes
I'm thinking about using them to sell my truck. The local market seems to be a little soft on my particular vehicle. I have already invested in local ads, receiving no offers to date at any price, other than wholesalers with low ball offers. I will ask a little more to cover tha ad cost. I really have nothing to lose. I think its better than a casino bet or betting on the Dallas Cowboys to win or lose.
 10th of Jan, 2012 by   bad man 1 0 Votes
I am a felon from Omaha Nebraska and several people from the work release center here in Omaha are hired by classy auto to make their phone calls for them. Where else would you go to find a con man. They come back to the center and say that they have to lie on the phone all day to customers. This is from people that don't have much regards for others or ethics in general. WOULD YOU GIVE MONEY OVER THE PHONE TO CONVICTS. If your answer is NO than don't use Classy Auto. YOUR CALL.
 27th of Sep, 2012 by   Scott HB 0 Votes
I was contacted by these guys, the rep "Casey" was very convincing. Promised me they could sell my car very fast for my price through eBay. I bought it. Not one call. They convinced me to relist at a lower price, still no call. These guys make promises they don't come close to keeping. Stay clear of these guys.

A Liars Club