logo

Necklace purchased

Shop NBC
Minnesota
shopnbc.com
I purchased a cross pendant from Shop NBC from a line by Chuck Clemency. The necklace was "supposed" to have chocolate and white diamonds, which it does. However when I took the necklace to be appraised for insurance purposes with my homeowners' insurance, I was told that it would cost me more for the insurance than the necklace was worth because the stones themselves are of very poor quality, some of the supposed chocolate diamonds have so many inclusions in them, they're actually BLACK. I tried to return the necklace for a refund, unfortunately it was passed the 30 days because I had purchased it for a gift. I had purchased a second one for another gift and it was thru that purchase that I took a closer look at the first one I bought. As I said, I tried to return the necklace, but ShopNBC would not refund me and sent the necklace back to me. I paid $400.00 dollars for a necklace that isn't even worth $100.00! I have fighting with them over this issue for months now and am not getting any satisfaction. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Bureau of Consumer Protection through the PA State Attorney General's Office if this matter is not resolved to my satisfaction. I am hoping that I can get some satisfaction by filing this complaint as well.
Comments United States Jewelry & Watches
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Chuck Clemency complaints
Chuck Clemency - diamond cuff bracelet

Comments

19th of Nov, 2012 by   Invernessity 0 Votes
ShopNBC has a generous 30 day period during which you can examine, wear, appraise or otherwise use a purchased item. Businesses must have a time cap on returns; funds received from purchases cannot be allocated to income in their entirety until the company is reasonably sure that the items sold will not be returned. Companies will not be economically viable with open-ended return date policies - even in the case of misrepresentation. I too, am a ShopNBC customer who at times was disappointed with a purchase from the Chuck Clemency line. I made my concerns known to the business, and returned the items purchased for a refund before the probationary period expired. I continue to purchase occasionally from this line, but anticipate that quality issues may again occur which would prompt a return. This said, however, an argument could be made that good customer service might necessitate "bending the rules" occasionally and refunding a purchase after the 30 day period. But this is the company's decision, not ours.

Top 5 Consumer Complaints