logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
3. (27 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
4. (46 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-03-09 by    graciec3

No Communication

Child Protective Services
California
We have had nothing but bad experiences with CPS. Our niece was being severely emotionally, physically, and sexually abused by her father, who is a meth addict. We tried calling cps over and over again, but since she was a teenager they told us that unless there were very obvious burns/bruises on her, that they couldn't do anything. Finally we called the police who were prompt and efficient. They assigned someone to the case, the officer went and investigated, and she was pulled out of the home and put back in the care of CPS... which is when it started going downhill again. We and her other aunt/uncle who live nearby have jumped through every hoop they have asked us for (background checks, house inspections, etc) and have showed up for every court date to support her, even though the parent's protest and we aren't allowed in. The parents confessed to much of the child abuse and are not cooperating (not going to therapy, not paying child support or court fees, nor are they apologetic or trying to change), but it is still court ordered that she have to go to a supervised visit with them once a week and speak to her father, who molested her and her mother, who let it happen. However, because we were the ones that called CPS/police and reported the abuse, we are the ones being punished and we are not able to see her because we are on her side and might try to "influence" her. We have accepted this and have followed this rule, ridiculous as it may be. Also, three months ago the judge approved her for a court appointed advocate to speak for her in court, but her social worker (who never answers his phone and never returns calls- EVER) hasn't done the paperwork to get her one. Meanwhile, this girl is breaking down under the stress- has no idea what is going to happen to her, where she is going to live, doesn't feel safe and doesn't have her LOVING relatives around to give her support and guidance.
But six months have gone by, and there are two loving homes that she could be in that are with her FAMILY and have been APPROVED, but instead she is in a foster home with 5 other foster kids who are all under the age of 8. Complaints about these foster parents have gone completely unheard by anyone. They leave her alone all the time, they make her babysit the other foster kids, they put her in the middle of their domestic disputes and fight in front of her, they let her date guys though she is way too young, and NOW THE FOSTER DAD STARTED SEXUALLY ABUSING HER!!! This wouldn't have happened if she was with her family, where she should be. Of course, to get something actually done, we called the police, who arrived promptly and took the foster dad to jail. Where was CPS? Social worker has changed his number w/o informing the foster child he is supposed to be looking out for. His supervisor doesn't seem to care and just makes excuses for the social worker. Through this whole process no one will tell us whats going to happen, no one will tell us what is going on, or what to do to help. No one will call you back, no one will give you a straight answer.
F**** you CPS. It seems like either you take children away from good parents for the tiniest reasons, or you ignore huge and obvious signs of abuse for years and then allow the child to keep hurting once they are out of the home, and give terrible selfish "parents" the chance to get their child back, leaving the kids terrified. Way to go.

Comments United States Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Mar, 2011 by   Nancy Hey 0 Votes
I am sorry to hear about your bad experinences with CPS. Unfortunately, it does not surprise me. I'm afraid the moral of the story is NEVER call CPS, they always seem to support the WRONG side in a custody dispute. Their goal is to make as much money off of children as possible, not to actually do what is best for the children. I pray for you and your niece, and hope she is soon reunited with those who love her, she certainly does not need to be in the foster care system. I, myself have also had nothing but bad experiences with CPS, as you can see on my web site at www.kitandnancy.com

9th of Mar, 2011 by   MOMFIGHTINGDFS +2 Votes
NO CASA ETC THE MORE THE WORSE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AND MY SON

I MADE THE MISTAKE OF CONTINUING TO CALL CPS ALSO AND IT BACKFIRED ON MY SON
I FEEL SO BAD
HE ENDED UP IN FOSTER CARE THAT WAS ALL PLANNED OUT AND PREMEDITATED
HIS DAD ABANDONED HIM RATHER THEN GIVING ME CUSTODY
AND NOW FOSTER CARE IS PLAYING POWER GAMES WITH ME AND BLACKMAILING ME INTO DOING WHAT THEY WANT SUCH AS TAKING THE PSYCH AGAIN ETC

ALL MALICIOUS BEHAVIOR AGAINST THE PUBLIC'S BEST INTEREST

DO NOT HAVE ANY ANSWERS AT THIS TIME OTHER THEN GO AFTER THE INDIVIDUAL SOCIAL WORKER
THERE WAS A CASE THAT WAS JUST WON IN CALIFORNIA HONORING THIS FAMILY 4.2 MILLION IN A SETTLEMENT DUE TO LIES FROM THE SOCIAL WORKER CAUSING WRONGS AGAINST HER AND HER CHILD
 10th of Mar, 2011 by   Nancy Hey 0 Votes
I agree with the advice of MOMFIGHTINGDFS above, CASA is just another arm of CPS, and just as crooked. I agree that you need a lawyer to act on your niece's behalf, but do not put blind faith in lawyers. Most of them are gutless when it comes to really standing up against CPS corruption. Many of them will advise you to keep a low profile while your case is in the courts, ie. not to publicise it in the media, the internet etc, but this is BAD advice. Public exposure is the ONLY thing that CPS fears, and bad press is the only thing that might have a chance of getting them to stop their corrupt ways.

24th of Mar, 2011 by   marlene orf 0 Votes
My name is Marlene and I called CPS manassas va 2008 and our live will never be the same the reason i called them has till this day never been addressed. I got my grandchildren back by default, meaning DSS was never planning to give them back, but i was doing the so called plan and family counseling came in and saw all the things that were happening to my two grandchildren and they were senthome to me within a week, got custody back Feb 22 2010..
Now i am looking to sue the state of prince william county DSS for all the unjust, criminal, civil right violations, human rights, childrens rights bill of rights defamation, slander, libel, false accusations, lying on aff idavit, it goes on and on. The CPS worker that started the whole mess was fired because she was the caseworker for Lexie Glover, the 13 year old girl that was murdered by her fostercare adoption mother. read up on that case manassas va 2009. very sad.

I feel for for anyone who has or has to call CPS for anything . I have become an activist against CPS and DSS and as soon as I can find a lawyer that will help my family right the wrongs, I will be fighting with all of you...
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   MOMFIGHTINGDFS +1 Votes

CALL ASHCROFT AND GERELLE LAW FIRM IN MANASSAS

THEY ARE GOING TO HELP ME HOPEFULLY

I AM GOING THRU THE SAME CRAP
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   Nancy Hey 0 Votes
I hope ASHCROFT AND GERELLE does some good work for you! I see their ads all the time. Please let me know what kind of luck you have with them, and if they are willing to sue the state on a contingency basis.

Laptop Buying Guide