logo

Drive Time Credit Corporation
SIGN UP FOR CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT
2. (1 mins ago)
Old Country Buffet
did not return money prompt after their own mistake.
3. (23 mins ago)
Exclusive Furniture
Terrible service
4. (24 mins ago)
RPT MyScore
They didn’t cancel my account and no refund
5. (30 mins ago)
Mobily, Saudi arabia
SIM not activated

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Charter Communications, Easthamtpon, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - Billing Issues

Charter Communications Contacts & Informations

Charter Communications

Posted: 2011-02-18 by    Finhead

Billing Issues

Charter Communication
Easthamtpon, Massachusetts
Once again, my contract is up with Charter Communications (of Easthampton) and as usually, there's always someone trying to get me to stay. And to be honest, the first person I talked to on their online Chat actually was very helpful with the entire process. But after that, is where Charter showed what they're really made up of. On 2/4 (my bill wasn't due till the 10th) I asked about a promotion change. Got my new promotion down from the original $164 to $99 a month for the big three services. On 2/7 they came and installed the new cable box and everything. Went online to see the adjusted bill... nothing was there. Talked to a representative, and was told that I had to pay around $77 dollar for "your bill dated for January 28th" or simply put, my coverage for 2/1/11 - 3/1/11. Or so I thought. Today on 2/18 I went back online to check my bill (because I was told it would take 72 hours to change - lie!) and it hadn't changed. Went online to talk and apparently I still owed $36... when i was TOLD by a representative that I only owed $77. Got frustrated and got a manager...

TTM Michelle : A statement was printed up for 2/02 to 3/01 for 164.12
Your promotion was added on 2/04.
From 2/02 to 2/04 you were charged the normal price for your services.
From 2/04- 3/01 is when you promotion is on your account.
So.
Internet service is normally 44.99.
You were charged 32.49 for internet service because it was prorated.
Telephone Service is normally 39.99
You were charged 18.58 for telephone service
The digital home package is normally 65.99
You were charged 36.99 for the digital home package
Also, you were charged 4.99 for wire maintenance
Your taxes and fees added up to $13.16
Keep in mind, that the prorated charge is just for the promotional price on the services from 2/4-3/1
The charge for the regular rate is added on from 2/2-2/4

So, adding all this together, the total comes up to 116.38
You made a payment of 77.90
The remaining balance is 36.79

So I was charged for those two fucking days ONLY after I went online to double check my bill. ANd that previous amount I was told?

TTM Michelle : You were given an estimated total. Not an exact total.

Fuck you. If I didn't go online, I would of had a late fee and been in bad standing with them. After talking for about 2 hours with one service agent and a manager, I managed to get this...

TTM Michelle : However, for the misinformation, I will go ahead and credit $15.00 to the account. I do apologize. Do you have any other questions?
ME: yeah - what exactly do I owe as of 2/18/11 @5:38 PM?
TTM Michelle : The 15.00 credit will take 72 hours to reflect on the account. If you subtract the 15.00 credit, the total amount owed will be $21.79

I'm a high school math teacher. Fuck you. I know how to subtract.
Comments United States Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Are Your Friends Costing You Money?

Latest Groups