logo

Fraud in Employment

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Certegy / Walmart, Hammond Walmart, Louisiana Complaints & Reviews - declined to cash paroll check

Certegy / Walmart Contacts & Informations

Certegy / Walmart

Posted:    JusticeWeWant

declined to cash paroll check

Certegy Check Services
Hammond Walmart, Louisiana
My husband went to Hammond Walmart to cash his payroll check, Walmart refused to cash it stating Certergy Check Services would not approve the check being cashed. Certergy gave a Reason # 2, a small print out off Walmart register, stating

"We cannot cash this check. Our decision was based on information provided by Certegy Check Services, Inc. The Fair Credit Reporting Act gives you the right to know what is in your check transactions file at Certegy. You have the right to a free copy of yor file from Certegy if you request it within 60 days. If you find the information in the file is inaccurate, you have the write to dispute it with Certergy. You can contact Certegy Check Services at 866-278-5478, or P.O. Box 30046, Tampa, FL 33630-3046

Upon calling Certegy from the Walmart Money Center (where you cash payroll checks, etc.) (we called via our cell phones) We had to go through an automated system and then got a human. The guy said he would check Certegy's system to see why the check had been declined. Upon doing that we held for a few moments, he returned to the phone to "inform" us that Certergy will only cash ONE PAYROLL check EVERY 7 days, for my husband and it must be cashed the SAME DAY at the same time !! My husband was furious with Walmart and Certegy Check Services.

In Heaven's name I want to know WHO does this company, Certegy, think they ARE?? WHO and WHAT government body gives the the right to say when my husband can cash his OWN payroll check?? I have read complaint after complaint on this company. Our United States Government needs to step in and do something about this company and MAKE them pay damages for the hurt they are doing to people/ the public.

I asked the guy on the phone from Certegy, "What if my husband gets paid a day early which his company sometimes does...? " He replied, "Well he cannot cash his check at ANY Walmart ANYWHERE until the seventh day, at the same time, because Certegy ONLY allows him one payroll check per week... This is our company policy."

I have read complaint after complaint here, on this site and others, about Certegy Check Services, Walmart, etc. WE NEED A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST CERTEGY CHECK SERVICES. Also, a nationwide news network should report on this stupidity with this company, Walmart Stores, and whatever other stores and vendors us this Certegy CRAP. There are thousands of good American people each week getting embarassed and harassed (and yes, it is harassment, as they have declined my husbands, check 3 times in 6 weeks) by this scam of a check service company.

Our Email is Gold2250@yahoo.com

If there are any attorneys that read this site they should be putting together a class action lawsuit as this is iron clad case just waiting for a GOOD lawyer to take it !!
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Aug, 2009 by   andbran -3 Votes
it would be simpler if u set up a bank account. then u can cash your check anytime
 13th of Aug, 2009 by   soulslept +1 Votes
I had the same problem today. I got out of work late and could not make it to the bank in time before they closed, so I went to Walmart to cash my check and they said it was declined (reason 2). My hours at work make it hard for me to get to the bank, so I resort on using Walmart. I think it is a load of CRAP!
 3rd of Sep, 2009 by   just a working joe -2 Votes
I understand how hard it must be living paycheck to paycheck. A lawsuit against Certegy Check Services or Walmart because they refused to provide service that no law requires them too would be a waste of time. It's not like they took your check kept it and did not give you your money. No lawyer in their right mind would take on such a frivolous lawsuit. MOST banks will not cash a check if you don't have an account there or the check is not form that bank.
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   chellek +1 Votes
i had the same experience except for me they wouldn't cash my us treasury check..i was very very mad.. this just happened last week.. i work two jobs... i could barely get enough time to cash it and when i tried.. i get decline... its not fair..i called certegy as well.. and they told me they don't know and to try again.. so far i tried 5 walmarts in the atlanta area.. and ALL of them said the same thing...until this day i havent cashed my check..im just going to go ahead and open my own bank account..
 10th of Mar, 2010 by   imgladimnotyou +1 Votes
Opening your own bank account is fine and dandy, unless you don't trust banks, because everytime I open an account, those pukes end up stealing money (if we go in the negative by a few dollars, they charge us 25 bucks), so I do not wish to open a bank account. I am so enfuriated with this certegy bullshit than i am on the verge of pulling the wal-mart store manager aside and bitching him out face to face. I thought we lived in America, where when we work, we get paid, not when we work, we get paid, as long as someone else says we can get paid. what the shit is that all about?

I just tried to cash my Tax Return check but ran into the same shit as chellek. Certegy is very lucky that i don't live in the same area as they do, because I would march my happy ass right in there and bitch the fuck out of their CEO, or president, or whoever the rat bastard is that runs that joint. Ooooh! since i can't cash my tax return check, ya'll get used to paying higher prices for stuff because I am no longer a happy friendly citizen. I am going to start stealing my merchandise. I no longer care.
 19th of Apr, 2010 by   Concerned CPA +1 Votes
They are billing the employers too!

I am a CPA.

I just received a notice from Certegy that a a payroll check had been returned unpaid.

The bank has no record of this.

There were enough funds available to pay this check hundreds of times over.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   AmericanMomof4 +1 Votes
I am FURIOUS!! This is the 5th time they have refused to cash my checks!!! I will NEVER ever under any circumstances shop at wal-mart again! The only excuse they could give me is my "transaction fell to close to the fraud model". This absolutely OBSURD!! The ONLY reason i cash my checks there is because i get my checks on Saturday evening in the mail. I choose to cash them on sunday and deposit the cash in MY (real bank, not a wanna-be bank harrassing innocent people) account. I am not the only person with my company and friends that i know are going through this with Certegy. When asked why i am not allowed to cash my checks and i have no fraudulent background, their response was "This is an "elective service and we are not required to cash anyones check with everryone being subject to approval". My resonse to the represenative on the phone was " Doing ANY business with Certegy or Walmart is ALSO elective and subject to MY approval. I dont have to spend my money there or with any other company in which you are affiliated."
 23rd of Aug, 2010 by   woodstock1229 +2 Votes
I had the exact same thing happen to me this weekend. I tried to write a Fidelity Bank check at Homegoods/TJ Maxx and I Party and both declined due to a code 2. I spent 2 hours with representatives at Certegy and Fidelity trying to figure out why these are being declined while I have plenty of money in my account. Today I am writing the Connecticut State's Attorney General's office and filing a formal complaint.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   CertegyMan4 0 Votes
ohhh booo fkn whooo 1 check a week go to the bank that the check is written on or open a bank account lol sue us for what?? Our company policy lol?? you are the reason people make frivaless lawsuits possiable..Or better yet if you dont like our policy stop useing our service's...Come on people lets get real
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   unbelievableagain +1 Votes
Certegy man4 your no man you hide behind a company that can use anyones info and not tell who they are sharing it with ... your a weasel just like the company called certegy ... We work hard for our paycheck and what gives your employers the right to decline ... some of us that have a job dont work 9-5 and sit behind a desk on the phone hiding... we WORK for a living, we cant take our lunch breaks away from our jobs nor get off work before the bank closes so shut the heck up because you have no clue what a REAL job is !!!
 10th of Mar, 2012 by   phillypa +1 Votes
I am not surprised that the nitwit known as 'CertegyMan4' has severe misspellings and grammar of a 4 year old. It is more apparent than ever that Certegy is run be criminals who randomly deny perfectly legitimate checks to make it look as if their system is doing something. They claim that only 2-5% percent of checks get denied out of millions that are reviewed. The fact of the matter is, Certegy needs to look like it is doing something by denying checks; Now that less people are using checks and hence Certegy is basically worthless, they go out of their way to meet that 2 to 5 % quota. So, folks who have a beef with Certegy, You heard it here first: you are filling in a QUOTA in order legitimize Certegy's antiquated system: Less people are using checks. The fraudsters are finding different ways to steal from businesses. Certegy is not needed anymore. Now, your transaction will be on their reports to give to customers in order to prove that their services are needed. Pathetic. I guess Certegy just does not care and are willing to lie to you. The FTC needs to stop them!
 4th of Jun, 2012 by   alexandra s +1 Votes
I couldn't take back a money order I has bought the day before. Reason 2 was given. They claimed I had to wait 7 days. What a load of rubbish! I guess I'll have to go somewhere else.
 29th of Dec, 2012 by   Xforsaken99X 0 Votes
I just tried to cash my check today, i have never used Walmart before, my check was a fairly large check over $1000 and i got denied as well...and i got the reason 2 as well...i hate Walmart and always will now
 19th of Jul, 2013 by   Twitten 0 Votes
I too am so confused & honestly angry with Certegy & Walmart, but more so Certegy! We live off of our disability & our daughters disability that is automatically put on our direct express cards, but we had applied for a new service through the social security office that approved us for another payment monthly. We each got a check for backpay, I went to Walmart to cash them, as I usually do with any government or company check, the cashier had to send someone to get a loan to cover one of my checks I was cashing but not enough for both, so I held on to one of them for a few days and went to another Walmart we live by that I was shopping at & at the register I was rudely informed by the cashier that he was not going to be able to cash my check. Handed me he slip from Certegy with a stupid explanation, reason #2, & their number. Luckily I had just enough money to get the things I had & called them in my car. All they could tell me was they monitored all my check cashing & for some unexplainable reason this check would not be cashed by them or any merchant that uses them!!! I have cashed checks at walmarts in my area for ten years or so & I have never, NEVER heard of this company or had any problem like this one!! To too it off I get no explanation that has any true understanding or reasoning behind it as to why this check was declined!!! Who do they think they are??? I understand fraud is rampant but all I'm trying to do is pay my bills, support my family, & survive!!! It's been two days & I am trying to find a place to cash it without having to open an account at a bank!! We have had bank accounts & I prefer to use our ss cards & be in control of my money & who gets my money!!! I do not understand this company's policy or their process of deciding who gets to be humiliated with a line of people behind them watching or who gets to have their deserved cash!!! It's bull crap!!!
 30th of Aug, 2013 by   ghienar 0 Votes
It happens to me too just this afternoon when I got off from work...the same thing that says they declined and I need to call the same number above I was so embarrassed..its my own money why I cant cash it out and its my first time to go to walmart to cash my pay check. ...
 7th of Oct, 2013 by   saaaaaaaaaaa 0 Votes
This happen to my husband as well, and of course it was reason 2.All I got after talking to at lease 5 people is the run around.. They could not give me any straight answers, it was their guidelines and how they take your check cashing history into effect. Also how they are a protection service for the company. Funny how we have bought cars, houses and have credit cards, but they can't cash one payroll check??? Walmart should be embarrassed to do business with a company from manila!!
 21st of Jul, 2014 by   Ohlong 0 Votes
This Company is a total scam and has been fined for Fair Credit Reporting Act violations in the millions of dollars. I had the same thing happen to me today as many of these people. I'm going to sue this company and Walmart. I suggest you all do the same. Sue them in Federal court.
 28th of Aug, 2014 by   confused walmart 0 Votes
I also had the same problem tonight..I left my walmart money network card at my family's so decided to write a walmart money network check after work tonight (I work at walmart) after going through the procedure of getting all of my transaction numbers and the money literally taken off my debit card and placed on this check..The little machine spit out a piece of paper stating my check was declined listing reason number 2..I am furious..This is a walmart check and my hard ass earned money and they decline there own check after removing the funds from my debit card...I am patiently waiting for meta bani to open in the morning and say wtf..

Scentura Scam , John Mattes Smells a Rat