logo

Posted:    Emma

Unauthorized billing

CDEarth.com
cdearth.com
In early October of this year I purchased a CD from CDearth.com to help me get set up on the internet. The total including postage was £3.03 this was taken from my account but I did not receive any packages from this company.

Then this month Cdearth have debited my account for the amount of £22.32 for items that I most definitely have not purchased. I did not order anything, I did not want anything and I certainly did not sign up for anything. I have contacted my bank and lodged a fraudulent claim with them which they are now investigating.

I just came across your web site today while I was trying to locate details of how to contact Cdearth to complain. Hope this helps.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Sep, 2009 by   Daniel Adjei Ababio 0 Votes
This month cdearth have debited my acount for the amount of £37.00 pounds for iterms that I definitely have not purchased, I did not order anything, I did not want anything and I Certainly did not sign up for anything. I have contacted my bank and lodged a fraudulent claim with them which they are now investigating.
MY NAME IS DANIEL ADJEI ABABIO
ADRESS 1 SEAFORTH GROVE, LEEDS, LS9 6AL UK.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   AUSTIN HARDING 0 Votes
CD EARTH ADVERTISES A CUSTOMER SERVICE SITE AT "help@cdearth.com". TRY TO USE IT. I ORDERED THE OPEN OFFICE CD TWO(2) WEEKS AGO AND NOW I AM WONDERING IF, ONCE AGAIN, I FELL INTO A SCAM.

BALD_1ONE@HOTMAIL.COM
 13th of Dec, 2009 by   grace moco 0 Votes
From Grace moco, on october 20th this year, i purchased a cd from cdearth.com to help me get set up on the net, the total including postage was £2.72 this was taken from my account but i did received it.

This month december 7th cdearth have debited my account for the amount of £18.58 for items that i definitely have not purchased .i did not want anything and i certainly did not sign up for anything, i have contacted my bank and lodged a fraudulent claim with them which they are now investigating
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   Moses Mathurin 0 Votes
DEAR SIR/MADAM MY ORDER NUMBER IS 551230 1937034 MY EMAIL ADDRESS is lion70@googlemail.com, I saw this add for free bible cd, then I am reading your small print saying I will be billed for more cd's which will be sent to me I want to cancel the order, as I don't thik it is right I ordered for my mum, I don't want to recieve anymore cd's please, I thank you in advance and await your reply I thank you in advance, please make youself clear when offering free cd's
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   Moses Mathurin 0 Votes
DEAR SIR/MADAM IF ANY MONEY IS TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITHOUT ME KNOWING, I WILL BE MAKING A REPORT TO THE POLICE, AND ALSO TO THE BANK FOR FRUADULENT TAKING OF MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP, TO GET THIS MATTER FIX.
 13th of Jan, 2010 by   Ronald W. Johnson 0 Votes
I was referred to your site for a free CD. I want my order stopped at once. Your sneeky way of demanding additional interests is very deceptive and I want no part. Ron Johnson (gingerstoy@msn.com)
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   Melissa Ward 0 Votes
In December 2009 I applied for and recieved open office which was free.I have now been charged the princley sum of £40.55 for cds which i haven't recieved or ordered. It appears to me that when you ask this company for any of their free products they just sign you up for any rubbish they want to send you and charge you what they feel. I feel it is about time that this company was brought to boot and made to re-emburse all money to the inocent people they have ripped off in what seems to be one of the biggest scams on the net. It is discusting that this company is getting away with this fraudulent and inexcuseable means of obtaining money out of innocent people. Melissa Ward
 7th of Jul, 2010 by   Dean D Long 0 Votes
I want to cancel order number 2019378. I don't want to automatically receive anything I have not ordered as is stated in your terms and conditions. I will contact my credit card company and dispute any claim that is made on my account by your company.

Dean Long
Customer number 572687
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   genac 0 Votes
I also had my credit card debited. I am having a hard time reaching someone to refund and cancel future billings any sussestions
 6th of Nov, 2010 by   Ilza Rousseau 0 Votes
cdearth have debited my acount for the amount of R429 for iterms that I definitely have not purchased, I did not order anything, I did not want anything and I Certainly did not sign up for anything. Will you please stop sending me anything.I don't want to automatically receive anything I have not ordered as is stated in your terms and conditions. I will contact my credit card company and dispute any claim that is made on my account by your company.

Ilza Rousseau South africa
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   587450 0 Votes
cdearth took money from my account i did not agree to.when is this money comeing back to me.i did not order this product act fast please b.repton ng84fb nottingham england
 12th of Nov, 2010 by   587450 0 Votes
takeing money for something i did not order on the 11/11/2010.i will be very happy if this problem is sorted as quick as possible.please do not send me anything unless i personly order myself ?
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   Renette 0 Votes
My credit card is debit R429 and R42 each month and I only bought 1 cd, CDEarth can you please stop debit my account, accordingly to the bank there is a debit order lodge and I have open a fraud case now more than 7 months I am struggle to stop this now,
 21st of Jun, 2011 by   Pia Baldovin 0 Votes
I ordered some cds and my bank account was debited on the 8th of June.
Still I haven't received anything yet.
I think this is all a scam.
How can people are allowed to do this.
 10th of Aug, 2011 by   techdudeaus 0 Votes
Hi Everyone. i was reviewing the piece of paper i recieved with my order and all you have to do is go to http://www.cdearth.com/freeCD and fill in your email address and order # (thats what i did)
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Dennis Fothergill 0 Votes
who do I contact to stop you sending me these C D Software sets. I've been in touch with my Bank, and they've informed me to get in touch with you, so could you please send me an e-mail, or drop me a line as to verify you've recieved this message, in regards to stop sending these Cd's. You Have my Postal address, so here's my e-mail address - dennisfothergill@talktalk.net Please try and sort this matter out ASAP . I dont want anymore CD's thanks
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Dennis Fothergill 0 Votes
Please send an e-mail or somethin through the Post in regards to stop sending me these CD's I dont want
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   marina009 0 Votes
Pls stop sending me stuff I do not want and letting me pay for ir. It is fraud stealing money from people like this. I asked for the first free cd so I can try it out and see what it is like and it is not even compatable with my laptop. Since I have received another 16 cd's that i am paying for!! STOP IT NOW PLS..
 27th of Oct, 2011 by   marina009 0 Votes
STOP sending me all these unwanted cd's and stop taking my money on things I did not asked for!!
 13th of Dec, 2011 by   cdearth.com 0 Votes
CDearth.com
There are very few times when I will complain about something but I feel it is necessary because of this company’s chronic behavior.
http://www.cdearth.com/ is a software retailer who offers you free introductory software if you just pay the shipping charge of $1.96 which I did October 27, 2011. If you do not want the Cd's they tell you to return them which is exactly what I did (return to sender). Well here it is December 13, 2011 and they charged my account $29.98. When I spoke to their so-called "friendly" customer service they got indignant and told me more than once that they do not return any money. I was able to speak with a supervisor who in turn refused to return the unauthorized money they took from my account. In addition, he refused to give me any additional information about the company other than a P.O Box.

There are literally hundreds of complaints of the same nature by many people across the internet. I want to warn everyone against purchasing or doing any business with this company as they are at the very least highly unethical if not criminal. I discovered their website does not provide anything more than a email address. I did some research and found a "customer service" phone number, no thanks to them, which is 1-866-789-0369. It is my mission to bring this companies unethical and possibly criminal activities to any and everyone who will see this information. I would appreciate if anyone who reads this pass it on to everyone you know, chat with, email or live with. feel free to put my name with this post and pass it on. I will be starting with the Texas and North Carolina Attorney General's office and will not stop until I put these thieves on every public venue that I can. This will not pass, I will not stop until these people are held legally responsible for their actions. Please pass it on!
Steven R. Smith