logo

HP Gas
Non delivery of LPG cylinder
2. (3 mins ago)
Google.com - games
Refunding of Money to my credit card
3. (6 mins ago)
onlinelidocaine.com
Seller is thief and doesn’t provide orders
4. (17 mins ago)
Homeopathystore/Homeopathic medicine
Not sending the medicine, not responding to emails
5. (20 mins ago)
Park Resorts
Stay far away from Park Resorts

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

cash for iphones.com, Sparks, Nevada Complaints & Reviews - fraudulent business practices

cash for iphones.com Contacts & Informations

994 Glendale Ave
Sparks, Nevada
Phone: cashforiphones.com
cashforiphones.com
Attached is a copy of complaint filed with the BBB of NV
Went online to cashforiphones.com (herein referred to as “C4P”) on or about 28 Aug 2011 for quote for two undamaged I Phone 4s 16GB. Price quoted was $375 per phone ($750 total). Sale ID numbers are 176620 and 176621. Both phones were less than 6 months old and kept in rubber cases. Phones were in pristine condition.
Phones were packaged in accordance with C4Ps policy and mailed on 2 Sept 11. Phones were received on 12 Sept 11 and signed for by Matt of C4P @9:20 AM. Finally spoke with Brian at C4P regarding the phones on 19 Sept 11. Was offered $175 per phone (total $350). Refused that offer and told Brian to either give what was quoted or send the phone backs. He then began to haggle. Refused all his offers until we agreed upon $300 per phone (total $600). The funds were to be deposited via PayPal the next business day 20 Sept 11.
On 20 Sept 11, received email from PayPal that deposit had been made in the amount of $500. I immediately called C4P and spoke with Brian. Brian insists that I agreed to $250 per phone. I informed him that I know this to be untrue, as I was not happy with the $300 quote as I could have received more via EBay. I then told him that I would refund the $500 and I wanted my phones back. Brian stated that once funds were paid the transaction was irreversible. Again, I informed him that the amount paid is not what was agreed to.
I then asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told that none were available and none would call me back. Brian then informed me that the calls were recorded, so he can prove that I agreed to $250. I told him to play the recording, to prove that I did not. He refused to do so and tried to end the call.
Seeing that our conversation was going nowhere, I then hung up the phone and called back and asked for a manager. Brian was placed on the phone. Again, I hung up, called back and asked for a different manager or supervisor. I was informed that none were available and I could leave my information for someone to contact me back. I then asked who would be calling back and if they supervised Brain. The receptionist became rude and just kept stating that someone would call back. Then she stated another manager. She refused to answer if they supervised Brian or not, despite repeated demands that someone above him return the call.
At this point, we either want our phones returned in the same condition given or the agreed to amount paid.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Oct, 2011 by   Joe Dowell 0 Votes
This company has an advertisement in google search to buy your iphone 4. It looks like it was a legitimate site so I tried it out. I told them what type of phone I had and the specs and condition of the iphone 4 and they gave me a quote. I mailed the iphone to them and they received the iphone4. They call me to negotiate the price and right then I new something was not right. They tell me now that the iphone 4 is not worth what they offered me. My iphone 4 was in excellent condition, I had it in a case and had a screen protector on it and sent it back with all the accessories and original box. They went down $100.00 less what they had original offered me. They did not even want to negotiate at all since now they my phone, when I said return my phone they told me it will take 3 to 4 weeks to get back. So I gave in and accepted what they offered because they already had my phone. Do not trust these people they are out to get over on you. I hope I get the money they did offered me. Beware !!!
 28th of Nov, 2011 by   mattmarker 0 Votes
basically had the same experience. I would not recommend using cashforiphones. it's basically a scam. they trick you into accepting an low-ball offer.
 4th of Feb, 2012 by   New-Mexico 0 Votes
This used to be a good company. Something has changed and they are now trying to jerk me around on a pristine iPhone 3Gs in the original box, with the original charger, etc. They keep lying to me about trying to contact me and that they must have a "verbal agreement" before they can send me the money. Do NOT do business with this company. Years ago they treated me fairly and provided quick service. Now they are acting like a scam rip off. I sent them my iPhone through the US Post Office; that means I can file a complaint for mail fraud - a federal crime. (from New Mexico)
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   kstrange 0 Votes
I had the same experience. I sent in two 3G i-phones and 1- 3GS. They claimed the 3GS had a "design flaw" and couldn't offer me the $75.00 quoted. The phone was a year old. Not sure why this company is still in operation.
 6th of Jun, 2012 by   WJPUK 0 Votes
Sent in pristine phone and they tried to claim it was worn and very heavily scratched. don't waste your time on a scam business set to pray on weak individuals. Everything is negative about this company and my experience is very poor (just hope that i now get the original phone back and they don't send a scratched replacement) BEWARE!!!
 8th of Aug, 2012 by   Sarah755 0 Votes
They did this all to me as you all explained above...I sent a excellent condition tmobile mytouch 4G phone and said they would send me 99.00 and then after I had to send them something because I never heard from them, they said i had to speak with someone about the price. I speak to Brian and he said i had some cosmetics issues which was not true and wanted to give me 55.00 and I said no send it back so he says ok how about 65.00 and I said no way I know its worth more so ...he tells me I will get a email from them about the phone being sent back and its been about a week now nothing yet. I have a feeling I wont be seeing it again and I will do like others and file with the bbb and for mail fraud. They scam people and never again so everyone beware they will screw u over. Then I just moved on top of it and sent a email to them with new address but I will be suprized if I ever see it again. I used other companies before and never had to speak to someone that is how I thought something was up and it took so long as well,
 23rd of Oct, 2012 by   Reko 0 Votes
These f**cking asshole at cashforiphone are scams, lier and crooks, they offered my $280 for my iPhone at first, then had to wait 20 days after I sent my iPhone in.
They called me and offered me $150 because I have 1 small scratch in the back (lie). My phone was in mint condition ( like new ). I told them I was insulted with that offer and wanted my iPhone back ASAP. Then they told me because I said my phone was in new condition that they would take my word and give me $200. I took the money but will NEVER EVER deal with these mother F**UCKER again!!!

I wish I never took the money. I feel like I still got ripped off.
There sales man will do everything he can to make you accept the low ball offer.

Are offer are the highest on line trying to get you to send your phone to them,
After that you are bait.
 4th of Jan, 2013 by   CT MD 0 Votes
Well, add me to the list. BBB of NV needs to remove their endorsement of this company.
I sent in my iPhone 4 in after receiving a quote of $142+ online for a phone whose screen did not light up but was otherwise in good condition. No scratches.
After initial excessive contacts to make sure I sent the phone, I heard nothing for a couple of weeks. So I called.
I was told I would receive $25 for the phone because I didn't send cable and adapter. When I challenged this, I was told it didn't power on & also had a 'severe scratch' on the screen. It did power on-this allowed me to download the data to my computer and then erase the phone. There were no screen scratches; it always had a Zagg screen protector on it. I was then offered $40, then $50. I was told there was a checklist on the 4 pages of paper I downloaded to print the shipping label that mentioned the accessories. Including these was not mentioned in the quote. I nevertheless offered to send them as they were apparently worth $100 (sic)! This offer was declined.
I then asked that the phone be returned to me and was told this would be done after I sent a prepaid shipping label.
After more arguing by the rep, I finally gave up and hung up.
What a ripoff!!!
 24th of Apr, 2013 by   helpfulhal 0 Votes
Wow, glad I read these reviews before I sent my phones in. E-bay sounds good right now. For the record, businesses like this give other more legitimate businesses bad names. Low balling customers after giving them an online quote, is not only dishonest but it is fraud, regardless of whether or not you say it is only an estimate, the practice is deplorable. People pay a lot of money for these items, when I bought my I-phone 4 it retailed for $499.99. I would understand if the quoted price was the fair market value for the phone, or slightly less, for profitable returns. Anything less than that is a rip off and any business that practices that should reevaluate how long they want to stay in business and act accordingly, a phone is not a car. To low ball someone on an item like this is ridiculous. Oh and by the way, Brian, when a customer asks you for your supervisor, you are legally obligated to respond to this request as per consumer grievances protocols. These laws are set to protect consumers and sets a set of specific guidelines for consumers to handle complaints before taking legal action to recoup their losses. If you need to reference this, please by all means visit: www.ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm for more info on this. Point is change your business practices or you may just find that one customer that will not sit down.
 18th of Oct, 2013 by   Mari_sol12 0 Votes
I was quoted for 70 for my iphone4 which was pretty much in flawless condition. Not only did they take forever but customer service never once picked up the phone. When I finally did hear back they offered me $30. The reason was because he said my phone had issues and because I didn't send in the accessories of the phone. On their site it asks to send them in if you still have them. I totally was ripped off but i may have lost the battle but customers are going to win the war!
I wish I had read the complaints prior to sending my phone in but never again and sadly, like most of us posting here, everything is a lesson learned.
 22nd of Dec, 2013 by   Mike from Trenton 0 Votes
I got a quote of $98.00 for an Iphone 4s that would not power on. Great. I got the box in a couple days and sent it back in the box with the original charger. The Iphone itself was is great shape but it was broken. I got a tracking number. They finally sent me an email like 20 days later saying they were ready to give me a quote for the phone. They offered $20.00. I just accepted the offer and expected a check within 5-9 business days. It's been over a month and still no check in the mail!!! I know it's only $20.00 but I'd rather have donated the phone to phones for vets or tried my luck at an EcoATM. It takes forever to get someone on the phone. I don't know why I decided to go with this company rather than Gazelle. Don't use C4I, they are a scam!!! Use Gazelle or take your iphone to an EcoATM and get cash on the spot. So lame how they do business.
 13th of Jan, 2014 by   Noviegirl 0 Votes
I got a quote of $130 for my iphone 4s. It was in perfect condition. That guy Brian calls me and tells me he'll put $50.00 in my paypal account. I was like what happened to the $130 quote. He said the phone was in less than perfect condition. It was in perfect condition when I sent it (glad I took pictures of it) Needless to say his phone call was the last I've heard from him. They have my phone and never sent any money. I have tried to contact them to no avail DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.. I wish I didn't.
 26th of Jul, 2014 by   edok 0 Votes
I just got burned by them too..quote was $73.00...complied with there requests...received a check from them today for $12.00
I emailed them
Brian...what kinda a fool do you think I am...you quoted me 73.00 dollars for this phone...I even sent the cable and otterbox...and you send me 12.00 dollars...this the biggest rip off I have ever encountered

you have a second phone i sent to you please return it immediately..I cant afford dealing with rip off artist...

believe I will post on every social media site I belong to and email every friend about your scheme...hope you enjoy it...hope you f, , , ing choke on the other 51.00 dollars
 8th of Aug, 2014 by   Scott59 0 Votes
We had a similar experience. We were quoted $93, and received $14. I called and complained, and without batting an eye, they offered us another $26, for a total of $40. It was like they new we would complain, and were ready with a new offer. Their excuse was that with the soon-to-be introduction of the iPhone6, the bottom of the iPhoe4 market dropped. The Customer service rep said they were in the process of revising their website, which I haven't seen yet. We are in the process of filing a complaint with the Oregon Attorney General office as well as the BBB.
 14th of Aug, 2014 by   drjudi 0 Votes
I was offered $145 for my iphone 4S and sent in as directed with all attachments and in full working order. Never heard from them and a week later received an e-mail stating a check was in the mail. Site stated that I would be contacted as to their actual offer which I never received by either e-mail or phone. Get a check for $21. It took me 4 days to get someone on the phone after leaving 2 phone messages and one contact via email. They said I did not send in the cables and the phone was damaged. I said I wanted my phone back and they could void their check or I would send it back to them. Kept working with them but only got a quote of sending $40 more dollars. I took it as I was fed up with them. I do plan to file a BBB report. Also, as stated in other accounts, they blamed their website. Yet I acted again as if I had a phone and this time the offer was for $143 so I guess they are scamming us all.
 18th of Aug, 2014 by   cdcrum01 0 Votes
I just got a check today from this company for $6.00 for an undamaged Iphone 4s 32g unlocked. After they quoted me $113 on the website. I tried to get a hold of customer service and they refused to do anything or even return my phone back to me. This company is nothing more than a scam.
 19th of Aug, 2014 by   Diane Luciani 0 Votes
I officially reported them to the Better Business Bureau and also filed a complaint under IC3.gov which is the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). I fully understand this may not do us any additional good but at least we are doing something proactive to try to help others from their false advertising. I believe all BBB complaints have to be closed but not necessarily resolved to the complainant satisfaction so I feel confident their deceptive practices will be re-visited again. It was no surprise to me that there were 376 complaints closed with BBB against for their website in the last 3 years with 205 closed in last 12 months all strangely similar to our complaints when I filed. My guess is that their "automatic" processes to change quotes without notifying the consumer are legally questionable and totally dishonorable!!! This company offered my son $263 for his used IPhone 5 32GB unlocked phone. He sent it in and without any communication from the company decided to only give him a check for $39.00!! He tried to get his old phone back and they too refused. The company finally told him they would offer him another $100 just because his mother was so persistent. There has been numerous BBB complaints about this company and I also would like to stop them from taking advantage of another person again!! They told my son they have an "automated" process that adjusts all quotes to market prices automatically without notifying the consumer. The customer support number is never answered and very rarely do they ever return a call. The emails you do receive are canned and horribly offensive.
 21st of Aug, 2014 by   jacob mcvicker 0 Votes
I sent in my iphone 5C in the beginning of august and did not receive an email or call that they had received my phone or what was happening. so i called and was told that the phone had been received they just hadn't had the time to email me at that point and so i waited and waited to hear from them on the price quote. Knowing that the price I had been quoted before sending it in ($183) would not be the one I received after delivery. Well on the 20th of august 2014 I received a check in the mail for $17. completely bewildered at this absurd number I called the company and after leaving 2 messages and never getting a call back, I finally reached a representative. As I had my email pulled up before me the representative told me that they had emailed me the offer of $17 and even tried calling (never once received a call) that it was their policy to mail the check and at that point the phone was gone for processing and they could do nothing more than give me $8 more to give me an even $25. THIS IS A SCAM!! They never emailed me and most definitely never called me to confirm the price quote of $17. This is the most unprofessional company I have every dealt with, refusing to let me speak with a manager and dealing with this so outrageously.
 22nd of Aug, 2014 by   Diane Luciani 0 Votes
Consumer, please check the BBB first before you send in any packages to make your own informed decision about the company. You can read the 397 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 227 closed in last 12 months) - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/.../laptop-and-desktop-repair-in...
 4th of Sep, 2014 by   cnmaker 0 Votes
I have also been scammed by this company for my iPhone 4s. I was quoted $152 and received an email notification they had sent $13 to my PayPal account. I was never notified about the difference in their quote vs. what they paid me. I tried to call but the phone rings twice and then goes to busy. I emailed them and was told that I have to call their customer service number to be helped. I have tried several times a day to call and yesterday I finally got through but was on hold for over 30 minutes. I will keep trying though. Definitely recommend going through Gazelle or Amazon to sell iPhone's in the future.

You Don't Have To Pay For Cable TV