Regent street retail Park
Loughborough, England, East Midlands
United Kingdom
Phone: 01509237901
I went into my local carpet right store and got a quote for a new wilton carpet, Initially i was quoted £1895 but they just jotted it down on a normal piece of paper. As it was an insurance job i needed a letter headed document, i went back to get this and once they heard insurance the price went down to £1508. However they refused to quote me for underlay, so insurance company asked them to write it down that the price excludes underlay, so when i went back to have this written down the sales assistant said that this price is wrong and did another price which was £1245. I took this and walked out the store.

The store assistant shouted me to stop, he wanted the other two quotes back, i refused to give it to him. He ran behind me through the shop pushed me to the door and held me by my neck smacking me twice on my head, i had no choice but to give him the quotations. Instantly i rang the police who came and arrested the sales assistant. I am now waiting for a court hearing to get justice.

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful?
More CarpetRight Complaints & Reviews
CarpetRight - Unauthorized charges [1]
CarpetRight - Ruined my Christmas [1]

28th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Keep away from Carpet Right in Bicester. I heard that 2 staff members were on drugs, one was apparently dealing. Its not a place to trade with.
 17th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
The loughborough branch quoted me £675 for carpeting the living room and stairs. Two other carpet stores quoted just over £1000 for similar spec. carpets. Went back to Carpet Right, and low and behold, the sales man, Mark, says he made a mistake and didn't quote for the living room. Even though we specifically talked about the underlay for the living room. He worked the price out again to over £1100.

I bought my carpet from John Lewis.

The rep. from John Lewis, has heard all the horror stories about Carpet Right. The main one is that the carpet fitting is done by sub-contractors, who are emplyed by you. Yes you. You have to pay them directly, so when there's a problem Carpet Right wants nothing to do with it.

Get your carpets elsewhere.
 21st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Watch out and stay away from the Loughborough branch. We ordered a carpet and then a different one arrived of much lower quality (IE 9 pounds per square metre cheaper). I could not believe it! So, I went to the Loughborough branch asking for help to sort this matter out. Before I actually arrived at the manager's desk and said anything, he said "we have given you the correct carpet"! I was astonished! I am as certain as I can be that he knew exactly what was happening. We went through the paperwork and the carpet that was delivered is the one that was on the paperwork. But, we did not understand what they wrote of the paperwork when we ordered the carpet in the first place. We just pointed to the good deal that was advertised.
When I asked for my money back and for them to keep the carpet; they said no. When I called customer services, the person was rude and said that it is our carpet and they have the money. All I can possibly suggest to anyone reading this is to stay away from carpet right, but of course, it is your choice.

Contact Us