Carlisle Law Firm

Posted:

Fraud

Carlisle Law Firm
1670 McKendree Church Rd.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
I hired the Law firm to represent me in a civil case, the first question I asked when the firm was hired was did they have enough time to file the necessary paperwork due to the timing of the discovery. The court allots 3o days and we were really close to the deadline. The lady that answers the phone Christy assured me that there was adequate time to file an answer and everything was fine. Long behold months later a judgement is granted against me due to lack of response before the deadline. Upon speaking to the attorney for the first time after the judgement came back the said that courts are usually lenient when clients don't have an attorney and this is very unusual. Although this is unusual I paid for a service that I did not receive. This firm was unable to represent me they refuse to refund my money due to the fact that they filed a LATE response saying that they completed the work they were hired to perform. I agree that a response was filed but what good is a late response? They are a total rip off I should have done more research on the firm and I hope this warning will save someone else from destruction. I am now being garnished for a bill that does not belong to me.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Lawyers and Attorneys
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Depending on what type of matter it is, it usually takes me at the very least a couple of days and that's after I've met with the client. Then, I request that the client review the documents for accuracy and sign them. Did you review and sign? Again, that depends on what type of matter it is and what type of documentation is requested in the Request for Production. In some cases I have to hire a printing company, because there is so much paperwork and pictures. Did you sign a retainer agreement? Every State has a Bar Association and an Attorney Review Board, so I suggest you draft a letter to them explaining your matter. Based upon what they say, you may want to retain an attorney to recover your fees, court costs and any damage you may have incurred due to the judgment entered against you.

Carlisle Law Firm Logo Carlisle Law Firm