Care Credit

Posted:

Sneaky little rules!

CareCredit.com
I paid care credit on time every month, so I was pretty surprised when I found out that late payment charges of 29 dollars was being applied to my bill each month. I called Care Credit and they explained to me that any payments made the during the first 5 days of a month are counted as payment for the last month. Because I made each payment at the first of the month, I was penalized! I do not feel I was adequately informed of this rule. By implementing this policy, Care Credit managed to gain 87 extra dollars from me. I can only imagine how much money they are making off the rest of their customers with this sneaky little rule.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

24th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Care Credit - Fraud and cheating!

I still have an acct. open with you guys and i had field for Chpt. 7 bankruptcy in Feb. of 07 and its still showing on my credit report that i am late with my payments when the acct. Should be closed and showing included in Bankruptcy!!!
 30th of Oct, 2007 by    +1 Votes
YOU WERE LUCKY. I AM TRYING TO SPEAK WITH CARE CREDIT ABOUT MY CHARGES. I USED IT ONCE FOR $1150.00. AFTER 3 MONTHS OF MAKING PAYMENTS WAY AHEAD OF THE DUE DATE, MY CHARGES ARE $4375.00. NO EXPLANATION. I AM GOING TO REPORT THEM TO MY STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. MAYBE II CAN GET A COMPLAINT FILED AGAINST THEM.
 31st of Oct, 2007 by    +1 Votes
I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO LOG ON GEONLINESERVICE.COM ABOUT MY ACCOUNT BUT CAN NOT GET LOGGED ON.THE REASON WHY MY USER ID NAME HAS A SPACE IN IT BUT I CAN NOT DELETE IT . IT IS IN BOLD LETTERS AND HAS NO BOX AROUND IT TO RIGHT CLICK IT TO DELETE IT. HOW CAN I DELETE IT AND START OVER AGAIN CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME IN THIS MATTER.

WILLIAM HARBOUR
 12th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I authorized over the phone one time, One $32.00 payment be withdrawn from my checking account . I am making the monthly payments on time to Care Credit. For the past three four months GE Money Bank continues to illegally withdraw $32.00 from my account as a confirmed phone transaction. I have informed my bank that I did not authorize them to continue nor did I ever sign any approval. I have to now close my account and continue to dispute there illegal transactions. I still have not a received a response to my complaints and have made several attempts to contact an employee of Care Credit or GE Money. Th Care Credit Website does not even have an E-mail/comment section to respond to & the customer service phone number is all a recording. Any suggestions? Please help, or lets start a class action law suit...
 14th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. I always pay my bills on the first of the month so I don't have to worry about them later.

I paid Care Credit and was charged a penalty because I paid them on the first instead of waiting until after the 3rd.

And just how is one supposed to know that this is their policy? I asked that question and I was told to, "read the fine print."

I am really sorry that I got involved with them and as soon as I am able, I will pay them off. I never let a chance go by without telling someone to stay as far away from them as possible. My best opportunity usually comes when I am sitting in a doctor or dentist's office and I see some one pick up a Care Credit application. I tell them all about the policy of the company and how sneaky they are.

Word of mouth is the best way of getting even.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I also have made payments to Care Credit on time and have a zero percent interest loan. I was charged finance charges my first or second month. This month I mailed my payment in on the 7th, which was due on the 18th of November, and they tell me they haven't yet received it. My bank account shows it has not been cashed. I am wondering if these companies hold your payment until past the due date, and then call it late, and then charge you interest and late fees? Hmmm.
 21st of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have also received late fees when my auto-payment was turned on. CareCredit is one subject I could vent about for hours. Most recently I paid off my bill in full to find out the charge will not be taken from my bank until the next scheduled auto-payment date (3 weeks from now). Obviously I paid the amount off in full as I had the money at the time and just wanted to be done with Care Credit. Had I known this would be the case I would have mailed a check or turned the auto-payment feature off before hand. It was until I received an automatically generated email from GE Services that this was brought to my attention.

Care credit should be considered rape! The GE Services web page does not allow a person to make payments any larger than the minimal amount due; thus, being forced to pay high interest rates without actually paying towards the principal balance. Is this even legal??

Care credit sounds too good to be true because IT IS! It’s just a scam!! They don't explain anything to you up front and when you call with questions they basically tell you that you are SOL. I have not spoken to a single helpful customer services rep.

Furthermore, the web-site does not have a link to contact anyone via email. It only directs you to make payments online or send payments to a random address. What if someone has a legitimate issue or concern that is not mentioned on the FAQ’s page?

I would never refer ANYONE to use CareCredit’s services and will highly discourage anyone from even considering it!
 24th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes
I just started up a care credit account, so have only received my first bill, not due until the seventh, needless to say, thanks for the heads-up on when to send my payment out. I hope I don't experience any of the things others have since its too late to turn back now.
 6th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I feel terrible reading these comments. Credit card companies are getting away with so many unethical practices and it's happening to good people who are paying their bills on time!

My horror story
I had a bill of $2000 which I always paid on time. Four years go by and I'm still paying it without a hitch. Three weeks ago I was looking at my credit report and was SHOCKED to see 90 day late hit from Care Credit.

I immediately logged onto my account to check my payment history. With absolutely no explanation or reason, Care Credit had accepted my last three payments, but then reversed them the very next day. The salt in the wounds? They charged me a late fee payment on each of these reverse transactions for $39

When I called their customer service, I literally could not understand the broken english of my rep. He finally said he couldn't help me and I would have to call back "tomorrow" before hanging up. Unreal, isn't it?

I borrowed money from a relative, sent a cashiers check for my balance by certified mail. Carecredit is a despicable credit card company willing to do anything to make money from their customers. It's just disgusting and my heart goes out to each of you.

Good luck to all.
 14th of Dec, 2007 by    0 Votes
I thought I closed this account a few years ago. My wife went to the dentist in Aug 2007 and the dentist somehow managed to place 2100.00 in charges without my approval or my wifes. I recieved a statement from CareCredit before my wife had her appoinment. I complained but decided that I would take care of it when I went to the appointment with my wife. The dentist was to do a root canal and crown but when he went to work decided the tooth was to far gone so he just did a filling. When I questioned the billing I was told the number provided were in error and the new number was the same as the old. So, a filling and root canal and crown costs the same! The dentist is a crook (Dr. Peidra) and Carecredit allows charges without the card holders approval. What A scam!!!!! If you have carecredit close the account!
 6th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Care Credit is CROOKED. They way they operate, its as though no matter how, when, how much you pay, your balance is not gonna go down. They will get you someway, somehow. A class acton lawsuit is necessary.
 21st of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
I was searching to see if CareCredit was accepted at a specific place and had this. Just so you guys know, i've never had a problem with them. I have bad credit, and they only approved me for $550, but i paid it as scheduled, paid off the last 2 months at once, and had no problem. i just started it up again, about $400, and so far, it's going along just like clockwork. no problems, no interest, no nothing.
 26th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
My horror story just started today when I opened my statement. I have been paying for 16 months and today I just found out. I am back to what originally owed. I am still in shock. For sure I thought it was a clerical error. I would be the first one to join in a class action lawsuit. I can imagine million and million of dollars this company is making out of scam.
 3rd of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have ALWAYS had trouble with Care Credit. This last time the payment was due on the 22nd. On the 19th I paid much more than the minimum, which I ALWAYS do. It came out of my checking account on the 22nd but wasn't posted till the 23rd. Therefore, I was charged a $29 late fee. When I called to complain, Eric told me that he was sorry but they would go by the date it was posted and it was too bad, but there was nothing they would do about it. But they would report it to the credit bureau that I was 1 day late. This has happened more than once. I now have an attorney that is writing them a letter. I have paid $352 and still have a balance of $461 on a $500 credit!! No matter when I make the payment they are rarely credited on time PLUS they say that there have been "Payment Reversals". I still can't figure out why. I have called my bank and they have no idea. I have ALWAYS had the money in the bank when the payments were made. The routing and account numbers have all been correct. I think Care Credit is a scam. I was in the dental office a few months ago and a patient was looking at the Care Credit brochure. The office was full of patients. I told her what a scam they were and she would never get them paid off. She put the brochure back as well as did others. Anytime I see people thinking about it, I tell them all about Care Credit and none of it is positive. I have also complained to LA Weightloss about them.
 18th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too believe that Care Credit is a SCAM. No matter how much you pay your bill never goes down but always manages to go up. At this rate I will never get it paid. I think something should be done, this is robbery without using a gun.
 29th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

Care Credit - STILL HAVE NOT RECEVE STATEMENT
17136 LEE ROAD
Fort Myers
Phone: 239 565 5653

I HAVE STILL NOT RECEVED A STATEMENT FOR MAY. I DID NOT RECEVE A STATEMENT FOR APRIL, BUT I DID RECEVE A PAST DUE NOTICE. HOW CAN I GET MY STATEMENTS SENT TO ME ON TIME. I HAVE WRITEN LETTERS TO EVERYONE AND NO STATEMENTS. PLEASE HELP ME.
 5th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have a care credit GeMoney Bank account for my hearing aids. These bastards make it difficult if they don't send you a bill or have a site you can log into each month like I have in the past. I can't pay my bill but they can sure find me when they have added a late penalty.
 7th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I wish I would have never ran into these people,
It is $39 late fee this month because I paid to early.
Is there a class action yet?
 8th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
I agree with all of you. They are a blue-collar scam company, and thanks to them, my credit has been severely damaged. I filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau, and you should do it, too. Also I will join that class action you're talking about, because is MY MONEY and my credit, and both are in real danger.
They never agreed on changing my due date so I could easily pay on the 16th of each month, but since I read your posts now I realized that that would have never solved the problem, they didn't matter if you pay early or on time. They still charge you with late fees (same as me). On top of that, they have been harassing me on the phone to pay, and I always told them the same: I will pay after I receive my paycheck, because I have other bills to pay. And you know what did one of the Mexican 'agents' told me? She mockingly told me not to be WASTEFUL. That really annoyed me a lot, and I told her to get a life and then I hung up, because that was disrespectful.

Now I received a communication from BBB with Care Credit's/GE Money response about this complaint, and they still keep on telling lies, but they closed my account per my request. Maybe I did wrong closing my account before paying off, but I really am desperate and annoyed by all of this issue. I should have never made any business with these scammers. I wouldn't be surprised if these rats reported me to any collections agency. They already damaged my credit, and they should be severely punished!
 12th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
Care Credit is horrible! I only took out a $500 credit (after being referred by my veterinarian... they must get a kick-back) and have made $200 worth of payments, yet my balance has not decreased. They are a crooked, sneaky, and immoral company! I have yet to meet a satisfied Care Credit customer.

CareCredit Logo CareCredit