logo

Posted:    christydim

LIES AND DECEPTION

BROWN MACKIE COLLEGE
Lenexa, Kansas
I AM LOOKING FOR OTHERS WHO WOULD LIKE TO LOOK IN TO A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST BROWN MACKIE. I COMPLAINED TO THE PRESIDENT AND THEY DROPPED ME FROM THE SCHOOL AND NOW SAY I OWE THEM 1, 700 MORE DOLLARS ON TOP OF THE 2, 700 I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN THEM FOR JUST ONE SEMESTER, I ONLY ATTENDED ONE CLASS AND THERE IS A VERY LONG LIST OF THINGS I HAVE BEEN LIED TO ABOUT. LETS ALL GET TOGETHER AND WORK TO GET OUR MONEY BACK!! FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME YOUR STORY OR COMPLAINT IF YOU TO ARE ATTENDING THE LENEXA, KANSAS BMC christy_dimaggio@yahoo.com
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Oct, 2009 by   BMCOTA +2 Votes
I am being told that after I finish my OTA program at Brown Mackie in Louisville Kentucky that I may not be able to sit to take my boards because we aren't accredited. I am paying 363 dollars a credit hour and possibly for no good reason. I may have a paper at the end that says I took the classes and passed...but i may not be able to get my COTA..one of my friends just got expelled today because she seems to ask too many questions and doesn't follow chain of command for contacting people with questions. Our OTA chair said we are not to contact our teacher, dean, or president. If we had a problem we were to talk to her and no one else. I feel like we are being scammed and that all my hopes for a better future are being taken away. I will check back on this site. I'd like to know what happens with you.
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   ITA +2 Votes
I am looking for others that have had a terrible exprience or felt that the cirruculim did not own up to its advertisement. Please email me at itriplett@insightbb.com. In the beginning stages of filing formal comaplaint against the school. Mostly looking for individuals that have exprienced unsatifactory behavior from admin staff. But other info would be reviewed.
 20th of Dec, 2009 by   BMCLPN +1 Votes
Is this just the OTA program ? I am in the nursing program at BMC Louisville, if they aren't accredited and I can't sit for my board, I am filing a lawsuit.
 30th of Dec, 2009 by   bigboy 2000 +2 Votes
I almost made the same mistake as you guys. That mistake would have been attending BMC. However, I am familiar with the Louisville campus and how they conduct business. A few questions for you guys to ask would be: Why does my financial aide paperwork reflect that I am receiving room and board? How can a professor teach college level classes and not have a degree? How can a person selling college not have a degree? Why won't the school tell me what books I will need for future classes so that I can buy them cheaper on-line (greedy)? From time to time why does one of the people "selling" education let his dog run around the office interupting interviews? Why are the classes so crowded? What happened to the President and HR Manager? Why is BMC Louisville being sued by employees as well as students? And last, but, definitely not least what exactly am I paying for? You would be surprised how much some of the people in that establishment make off of you guys! You are just a number. I REPEAT! YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER! They have a certain number of students to enroll every month. The more students they enroll the higher the raises/bonuses employees receive. So, hurry and sign up so they can drain your bank accounts and your finacial aide. In return you will get that worthless 2 yr associates. Louisville BMC students and potential students (Lord help you guys) remember chances are the staff and faculty that are guiding you throughout your experience lack the creditials to do so. LMAO. If only the late great WHAS-11 investigator Chuck Olmstead were still alive. He would get to the bottom of it all.
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   hiding for safety +2 Votes
I am interested in taking legal action against BMC-Kansas City. I was told that my program was accredited which is true. In saying this the Human Resource in my attempted career because it is BMC will not hire. I was also mistreated because I have choses to transfer I used another reason for obvious reason. I will agree most of the instructors are nice but, I have come across two who are racist and refuse to teach students from an certain ethic race. The reason were "they do not believe in giving A's to student because noone is perfect and a perfect student could not help the public". I had a female teacher who did not answer my questions. Dock my points attempted to mess up my student aid. Her manager who is supposed to give me a grade change cannot be found. I cannot get any answers. The male teacher who is supposed to be a preacher said the F word in class no, not fun the other one. It seem as if BMC is a gimmic. I am willing to take action. Please find a lawyer who will submit a nationwide survey of people who have or are being taken by BMC. I am not afraid but, I like to have my ducks in a row. In saying this please find a lawyer who can find get a court order to contact all students (current) and (former) who may have been taken advantage of by BMC. We may wish to contact Obama on these issues this will place and end to the phoney colleges and stealing the governments money there has to be a law even if they claim they are accredited. Here a few University of Phoenix, and Brown Mackie college of Kansas City, Louiville Ky. Lets banned together I am game! Just maybe we will receive some compensation our tuition and what we could have earned had we all graduated from a real college. God Bless and I am game. I had fraudulant schools who do they think they are. This has to go national. 1. First contact the Obama, or someone in government (Sallie Mae) (Citi) Bank of America. 2. Contact a lawyer 3. Get a court order for notices to go out to all current and former students. We will when a class action suit and close BMC. This will encourage other phoney ran institutions to get it together or else the same will happen to you. I am certain if the government found out that BMC was doing this something would be done. But stay away from Missouri lawyers most of them can be bribed.
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   jamesy10 -1 Votes
I am currently a student @ BMC-Louisville. Sadly, people continue to come up with negative accusations against this school when most haven't stayed around long enough to give an opinion or criticism that's worth anything other than spit.

Before criticizing the College for things that are for the most part, false; consider actually attending the school longer than a week. On this page, I have read people complaining about not knowing what book to purchase, complaining about instructor history, etc. For goodness sake, are you too lazy to go to the bookstore and ask the price of the book for your next course? If your next class in English 1, then by God your book would be for Literature. It's probably best you're not in this institution considering you can't put two and two together as to what book to buy for what class. As for instructors, I have went out of my way to do research on the instructors in which I have. For example, recently my instructor for Business Ethics had FOUR DEGREE's linked to the Business & Professional World. These degree's were rewarded from multiple Universities including UofL, Presbyterian Seminary, etc. Are you telling me that someone who holds FOUR DEGREE's in Business is not qualified for his post?

The fact remains that BMC-Louisville has an open-enrollment policy meaning they basically accept just about anyone who can meet the financial requirements of the school (coming to terms on a payment plan w/ financial aid). Now, with this type of system comes a high drop out rate. Just like you would see at any Community College, etc. In other words, I can understand where criticism and harsh verbal slander comes about considering the percentage of dropouts at the school are very high.

How come no one on this page has brought up the fact that the school is expanding at a rate in which it will outgrow the University of Louisville within the next five years? The College has just debuted a new building on campus that provides plenty of new space, lecture rooms, etc. Also, within the next year, the Pilot's Association will be re-locating which will vacate another floor's worth of rooms and space. Everyone is quick to complain, but quite to compliment.

Feel free to contact me: jamesyoung@live.com
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   a honest staff at BMC 0 Votes
I am NOT a BMC student but I have been working for BMC almost two years now. I have to agree that it is NOT a college you would like to attend if you are a serious student. as one of the staff at BMC, I would say it is a very abusive working environment in term of dealing with the BMC students. General speaking our students are very rude and if they cannot get their ways, for instance a higher grade, they will complain to the Dean of Academic Affairs, and then the instructors will be forced to change the grade - even though we all know (including the student who filed the complaint) the student is failing. The instructor will have to do that if he or she wants to keep his/her jobs. There was a time when a student used her cell phone VERY LOUD in the room, I came to her and asked her to use her phone in the hallway. She raised her voice, and said "Bold shit!" to my face. I certainly couldn't say anything because I cannot afford to lose my job. Students are NOT allowed to eat and drink in the classrooms, but they do that anyway because they know we cannot stop them. SO the computers and keyboar are EXTREMELY dirty. Students are the "bread making machine" - so all the staff have to please them no matter what.
Yes it is not a place you would like to get your worthless education. Please go somewhere elase - community colleges. - my honestl advice.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   tmw33 0 Votes
I am a recent grad of the Brown Mackie- Atlanta OTA program. Although I did graduate with a degree and the school did get its accreditation, my expierence with BMC was not very pleasant. Since the first week I registered at the school there were problems and situations. First, the Dean went over my transcripts to tell me which classes the school was going to accept. It was decided I only needed to take 4 classes before I could apply to the OTA program. After I started my first class I am told that 5 of my previously accepted classes are no longer going to be accepted. Of course I complained to the Dean and the problem was fixed through several phone calls to the corporate office in PA. Many of the Admin workers were good to me so I have no complaints about them. My problems are with how the school is operated. They spend more time and emphasis on collecting money and raising revenue than they do education. We didn't have proper supplies for our classes. Paying lab fees when we didn't have a lab. Always scrambling to find instructors, often resulting in our Dept Head( great lady) teaching us. This of course took away from her trying to get our accreditation. ALWAYS ALWAYS problems with tuition. Almost every classmate has a story about how the school overcharged or didn't correctly credit payments. Often students were told they owed one amount then they get there with payment just to be told they owed more. This happen to me 3x in 2 months. Our valedictorian was told she owed X amount of dollars or she was going to be dropped. Her dad payed the total tuition but wanted a letter stating there was a 0 balance. When it came time to graduate they told her she owed $4000. And at first said they were not going to accept the letter THEY wrote showing a 0 balance. I could go on about the horror stories of how the school is always trying to rip the students off.
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   Dooped1 +1 Votes
I am a current OTA student at BMC-Louisville. From day one I have been completely dedicated to my education, making the President's and Dean's lists every quarter. I am in my 8th month and went in to financial aid yesterday in order to "repackage". Out of the blue I had an admin come into the appointment to tell me that there was no need to repackage for October, because I have to sit out for 5 MONTHS! I felt like I was hit by a mack truck! NOBODY had mentioned this to in the beginning! The admin had absolutely no sympathy for my situation, even saying, "well, it could be worse". I went to class straight from the interview crying my eyes out. I felt robbed. I am a model student at Brown Mackie and prior to yesterday I had absolutely no complaints. Now I feel humiliated and betrayed by the institution.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   plp2010 0 Votes
I am currently a student @ BMC-Louisville. I have had my share of difficulties with BMC. As far as the post about sticking around, I am in my 14th class. So I have seen what goes on. I am currently contacting an attorney about my legal rights as a student. I was lied to about what kind of certification I would recieve upon graduation and now I am being given the run around about my pell grant that I was approved for back in april 2010. It is now September 2010 and when I asked about it Jamar at the front desk replies that I can send an e-mail to corporate office and have them send it on down. When I asked for the corporate office phone number, no one would give it to me. Red Flag!!! They are not allowed to give out the number and most staff do not even have the number. I have attended College before at Sullivan and did not have any problems. I also have a Business Degree. This is not how a legit business is run. Not unless you have something to hide. Brown Mackie does not allow you to get books early because they do not want you going elsewhere to get your books. They lose money. As far as the room and board? I was unaware that I was being charged for that seeing that I chose to live off campus. But I will be checking on that. I have gone too far to turn back now. I will repost a comment as I speak with attorneys about our rights as students.
 2nd of Sep, 2010 by   Steeevo 0 Votes
If anybody comes up with anything please contact me at sshaheen22@gmail.com
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   ctaye +1 Votes
I am a brown mackie student in northern ky. they are unorganized, they even lied to me about being accredited. they didn't get accredited until about my sixth month there. i came to learn, not me spoken to like a 6year old. unprofessional, not very pleasant, greedy, and school of lies and deception. after im done with the nursing program im never returning for my rn.
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   E' lena +1 Votes
@ Steeevo, If you find an attorney who is willing to take on your case there please let me know. I am trying to find an attorney myself in Louisville who is willing to take this fake college on. I have contacted the FBI because there is definately something shady going on with the financial aid office and how instructors tell students to sign in the attendance book so that the school can keep getting financial aid for a student who is not there. Do you mind me asking what program you are taking? I am in the PN program myself and I have seen so unbelieveable things go on there. I use to be an instructor myself at HI- Tech instutute and Remington college in TN and I know this is not how business is suppose to be conducted. If you are serious about what you have to say call the FBI in louisville and lets get these people shut down. You can contact me at elenalee28@yahoo.com, if you have any suggestions or an attorney name that is willing to help. Thanks and good luck.
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   No time for foolishness 0 Votes
Wow everything that has been said is so true!! The one who talk positive about this college clearly must work with them! You go to this lame ****** school and let them get your money then we'll see ya bump!!
 22nd of Nov, 2010 by   pmiles 0 Votes
I am a current student at BMC-Kansas City. There has certainly been plenty of questionable things along the way. However, for the OTA people out there...you can go to www.aota.org and check the accredidation of your school. I just checked it. Kansas City, Salina, Atlanta, Louisville, and many more of the Brown Mackies show now as being accredited. From what I understand it falls under the grandfather law. If you attended and graduated from the school under the approved curriculum, you should being able to go through with certification.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   Carebear1982 0 Votes
I am 5 months into my Nursing classes at Brown Mackie Louisville Kentucky. Please whatever you do, do not attend this school. They will do whatever they can to get every dollar they can out of you and will lie cheat and steal to get it. I am a straight A student and always have been I moved across country to attend this school and they lied to me from day one. Telling me classes would transfer and that my financial aid would cover the price of the program. The people that go there are disgusting. I can't even believe that they are going to be nurses or anything else. Very low classed environment. I have to pay them 3, 000.00 out of pocket for a mistake that financial aid made. Thank god I have the money, but what if I wouldn't have? They don't care. I have seen financial aid screw so many people I can't even count them all. None of them are still there either they just move on to the next class of suckers. All they care about is money and if you are a dollar short of paying they have no problem throwing you out of school their mistake or not! Go to a real school! I got a better education at 81 dollars an hour than I ever got from their 365 an hour. Also they are not regionally accredited but they are accredited. I am just glad I am taking a bridge class to my RN after I'm done with this joke of a school. I am truly ashamed to have my name associated with it and glad I won't be writing it on applications. Everyone in Louisville knows it's a joke including employers.
 16th of Dec, 2010 by   KNSeals +1 Votes
I now owe them over $20, 000 for my associates degree in medical assisting that means absolutely NOTHING. I didn't even learn enough to pass my certification test that I had to pay $90 out of pocket for! Now I have to take it until I pass it! I had no idea at the beginning that not one of my classes would transfer to another college for my RN program. Now I have to take ALL of the classes over! I would very much like to get in on the lawsuit against them and have the money I owe BMC forgiven.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   MISS.C 0 Votes
I ATTENDED BMC IN MIAMI, FL FOR 2 YEARS FOR MY ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN THE MEDICAL PROGRAM. I JUST FINISHED ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO AND WAS TOLD THAT BMC WAS AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL AND ALSO GIVEN A LIST OF THE SCHOOLS THAT ACCEPTS BMC S CREDITS. I SIGNED UP AT FIU THIS WEEK FOR THE RN BACHELORS PROGRAM AND WAS TOLD THAT BMC IS NOT AN ACCREDITED SCHOOL SO I WOULD HAVE TO START FROM SCRATCH AND GET MY ASSOCIATES AGAIN AND THEN MY BACHELORS. I WAS VERY PISSED TO HEAR THIS NEWS BECAUSE FOR THOSE TWO YEARS I HAVE WORKED MY *** OFF TO FURTHER MYSELF AND NOW I WASTED TWO YEARS OF MY LIFE FOR NOTHING! WHICH I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF ONE AND HAVE A SICK MOTHER. ITS REALLY SAD HOW US AS YOUNG PEOPLE TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING OF OURSELVES GET TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF FROM PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY WANT NOTHING FOR THE BEST FOR OUR FUTURE. IN THE END ITS VERY UPSETTING BECAUSE NOW I OWE THE SCHOOL 27, 000 BACK WHICH I FEEL THAT I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T GET NOTHING FROM IT. I AM GOING TO TAKE THE STEPS IN FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THEM.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   starr12 0 Votes
I am a student at BMC Cincinnati campus.when I first starte I was attending the northern KY campus back when it was still southern ohio college. This school definitely needs to be investigated. I started my Med assistant program in 2002 I was a very good student then in 03 my daughter needed surgery. So I asked for a Med leave they said no sign in so you wont lose your financial aid. I had told them about the surgery long before but they rather force me to stay. My daughter had two surgeries after that and because of their policies I got administratively dropped. After some time I came back and tried to do it again but end up getting dropped by administration again then came back in 08 and was OK but my daughter got diagnosed with lupus and of course I had to leave again but this time they said because I was packaged for three months and only attended one I would have to pay the school back for the two months I did not not attend so this school thinks its OK to be paid for time a student is not being instructed.then I finally started my external June of 10 and had to start late because the site they had for me cancelled I got into another site and was getting hrs. But not enough then I started getting more hours but the coordinator from the school said I did not have time to finish and told me not to return I should have hasd two two week extentions but was not given a chance to utilize none of them . When I complained I was told that I had gotten kicked off of the site for a no call no show which is a total lie and I call the sitye and they said they never kicked me off and because of this lie I was forced to come back in to a new program where I was forced to take this college algebra class that I should not have had to take so brown mackie. Has gotten more money from me because of a lie.I was threatened by the dean to not make them lose that site by asking about this. Now I have finished my algebra class and brown mackie refuses to find me a site. This is ridiculous and I will bring this school down first thing is to complain to the accrediting body and that's just what I will do this school is a predator
 3rd of Feb, 2011 by   Brown Mackie Student 0 Votes
To those of you that are attending the OTA program in Louisville Ky, it is accredited. I was worried and looked it up under www.aota.org and only two schools in louisville have an accredited OTA program. The other one is Jefferson Community College and the accreditation for the OTA program there has been put on probation. If you have concerns go to that web site because they are who you sit in front of for your certification so they are the only opinion that matter. Hope that helps any OTA students who are concerned.

Shop on Small Business Saturday