logo

Posted:    Valerie

Scam and cheating

Blue Cross BlueShield
bcbs.com
I'm so tired of the paper chasing/denial of claims/long button pushing waits for customer service only to get the same answer--"Well, that's what your plan covers---sucker". We pay nearly $800/month for a coverage that essentially doesn't even help with preventative care. Anthem finds every loophole in the book to deny coverage. I have had my doc check ahead of time before sending out bloodwork, and Anthem denies it, because they sent it out. I've had three kids get the same preventative care on the same date from the same doctor, and only one got covered. We've gone the generic prescription route at the cheapest pharmacy, only to have generic prove to be unhelpful, so when we get a prescription for a non-generic, we get hit for the full cost. Their solution: "Go to a cheaper pharmacy; try generic"---Been there done that!!! From what I can see, they love pushing paper, denying claims, and watching the little guy jump through hoops. How do they sleep at night?
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Blue Cross BlueShield complaints
Blue Cross BlueShield - Lies

Comments

17th of Mar, 2009 by   dawn 0 Votes
I’m running in to the same problem. I call and was told i'm covered for 30 visits to the acupuncture. Then after i go they only cover 5 visits. When i was signing up for Blue Shield i was told 30 visits from blue shield when i need help i'm told to call another number to a 3rd party company. When i ask for a manager, i have to wait ten min. for the rep to tell me the manager not available. When i say than what, they said you can talk to a supervisor. duh. I said ok, wait 5 min for them to say the supervisor is on the phone. Stupid! There are so many people out of work; you would think they would be more considerate because they have a job.
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   thiefflorida 0 Votes
I agree with you. I have been scammed and cheated by BCBS of Florida. They find in 60 page contract (that changes yearly) ways to not pay and make patient pay for service, even when BCBS collects huge premiums each month. On page 22 BCBS says it will pay 75% then on page 53 BCBS says it will not pay for a long list of services which they classify as surgical ( remove wart, treat burns, put cast on broken arm, colonoscopy, or endoscopy) 1001 ways to cheat patients.
2012 BCBS has improved call service. They know instantly why BCBS denied payment.

Grandparent Scams