logo

Net10 & Tracfone
Poor service!
3. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
Debbie Travis
Debbie Travis does not stand behind her products
4. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
Woolite
Stinks
5. (1 hr 14 mins ago)
TheHorizonOutlet.com
Misleading credit card company!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    eddiecee

Bionic bullcrap

Bionic Band
Roseville, California
Went to a gun show at Cal Expo. Two guys were touting the wonderful effects of the bionic band. Our buddies were tested and sure enough, it works. Went home that evening and googled Bionic Band Scam. Read more into it and apparently it falls within the realms of "Kinesiology". Basically in a nutshell, mind over matter.

At first, you don't know what to expect when they "push" you, or pry your fingers apart, or even tapping your drink with it... It is truly amazing at how gullible folks can be, and to be able to fork out the money for nothing.

I tried this at home with my son. I found an old Barbie braclet that my daughter had lying around. I went through the same routine and the guys. Only, I told my son that the bracelet had some real powers that make him strong. Wouldn't you believe it...It worked.

If truly an amazing products, your local Physical Therapist would endorse the product. Oprah would endorse the product, your own personal physician would endorse it. This is just another MLM scam to let bring in money. Trust me, it will work with anything you wrap on your wrist. Just give it the "magical" powers that may be speech and you will find that they mind over matter does work.

It is the speech basically that your mother and father stated... "you can do it if you put your mind to it!..." Good luck to those who still believe it works. Use your money to buy something that truly is beneficial.

Comments United States Fake & Novelty ID
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Sep, 2009 by   Not-Bionic 0 Votes
I was at that same show on Saturday. I walked past that same guy and he went through the tests with me. The results were truly amazing, and I walked away astonished. I cant believe they were 50 bucks though. I just couldn’t bring myself to spend $50 on a wrist strap. I went home and started googling. There is really no information about this technology that is not an advertisement.

Now I want to try some experiments at work tomorrow with one of those rubber wristbands and see what kind of results I get.

I would like to believe in this product, but I just can't do it.
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   nsicommonsense -1 Votes
Kinesiology is much more than "mind over matter". Once more we see the result of ignorance based on oversimplification and lack of experience and understanding. This person probably tries to loosen lug nuts with a screwdriver. Like kinesiology, it's a good tool, just used the wrong way.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   cjefferey 0 Votes
Dear Sir, Kinesiology, derived from the Greek words kinesis (movement) and kinein (to move), also known as human kinetics, is the science of human movement. Where you got mind over matter from this definition, I have no idea. What you where thinking of is Psychosomatic which means: of, relating to, concerned with, or involving both mind and body. However, having a Masters degree in Psychology, and having performed independent research on the product you mentioned, I have to tell you that you should check that Barbie bracelet for a small copper insert. I think it more likely that you illogic "ed" your way out of a fine product, than steered clear of a scam.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   Apollo1 +1 Votes
I have personally bought one of these bands and found it works for more than just the strength and balance test that they show on the website. It took my shoulder pain away and I didn't even buy it for that. I also dream much more than I did before. You can say what you want, but unless you own one of these bands you can't possibly know what your talking about. They boast a 30 day money back policy, why do you try it before you spout off what you don't know about?
 16th of Oct, 2009 by   bionicbandman 0 Votes
I had no idea what the band would do before I tried it at a local fire department. They performed the test one me without letting me know what to expect and the increase in balance and strength was amazing. Really, if you haven't tried it you don't know. Why not use the 30 day trial to check it out.

25th of Oct, 2009 by   Brad in AZ 0 Votes
I saw the band at a trade show today, and I am a chronic pain patient. When the guy at this specific stand pulled me over and asked to demonstrate the product, I just said "how much". I spent the 50 bucks, and when I walked away, I immediately felt dizzy, euphoric, and saw stars. I continued feeling odd, and I can honestly say that after being in chronic pain for 16 years, that I am not feeling any pain at the moment. Anything for me last for about 3 days in general, but I am looking forward to many things if this tiny band did this much for me. I will check back in a couple days to add a post of anything new I may encounter.
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   saw8755 -2 Votes
I went to a fair and the guy did the same test on me, balance and strength, I have blood clots in both legs and have a hard time walking any distance. He let me wear the band for a couple hours without buying it, so I walked around alot and did not have the pain I usually have.
Sherry in TX
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   sammi321 -1 Votes
It is a scam! They do the balance tests without the band first and then with the band. The second time you know what to expect and compensate for it. Plus, they push at a slightly different angle. Watch the videos. They push ever so slightly outward without the band and they only push straight down with it. Sometime they have you hold onto the band instead of wearing it. That forces you to make a fist which gives you more strength. Their multi-level marketing websites say it uses "Proton Alignment Resonance Technology" and makes the protons in your body spin in the same direction and stimulates the mitochondria in your cells. A fool and their money are soon parted.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   fan of bionic band -1 Votes
If it were a scam, why would there be a 30 day money back guarantee? Just a thought.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   fan of bionic band -1 Votes
As for knowing what to expect as sammi321 says, how do you explain then the before and after and then repeat of the same test with the band off. Band off=unbalanced, band off=balanced...skeptic? Repeat test, band off=unbalanced. Only a fool can talk there way out of pure science.
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   fan of bionic band 0 Votes
I meant to say band on= balananced. Here is a cool story. A guy buys a Bionic Band, and gives it to his mom who has chronic arthritis. He doesn't tell her what it is, or what it does. She wears the band for a few hours and he follows up with her. Pain is gone. She lends the band to her friend who has similar pain and she gets the same result. She calls up the distributor who sold the band to her son. She asks, "why does this work?" Now here is a question for you. If it is in every ones head, how did it work for someone who knew nothing about what it was or what it would do? They are so impressed that they sign up as distributors. This is how many of the distributors come about. If you want to hear from theses ladies personally, I can arrange it. You see I am the distributor that sold the son the band. This is a true story that can be verified and there are many more out there. If you want to chat, you can e-mail me at nanangabe@live.com
 22nd of Nov, 2009 by   netcast22 0 Votes
Of course people like to voice their opinion and make a complaint about things they don't understand. If you could see the microwaves that come out of your computer and the surrounding radio waves, gama rays, etc then you'd understand. Research about neutrons and protons and figure out the science behind this before criticizing and leaving the skepticism to readers about something that is possible and just not thoroughly researched by the critics that post here. You can't help stupid, you can only guide it.
 25th of Nov, 2009 by   halfgazo +1 Votes
I had a recent experience with the bionic band. Being highly skeptical of the magnet craze of a few years ago, I did not want to believe that this thing worked. I was hanging out with 2 friends, friend 1 had bought one of these at some sort of show. Friend 1 had already demonstrated this thing to my second friend, while I was in another room.
When I came back friend 2 was excited about some band he had just tried. I told them both that they were crazy and refused to give in to their antics.
My second friend was so persistent that I try it, I finally gave in with the intent of dispelling their crap. Friend 2 did the balance test on me. Keep in mind that he had just had the demo done on him so there could be no tricks to the experiment. I held my arms straight out with my feet together. He then pushed down on one arm at the bicep. It did not take much force to knock me over. I then put on the band. This time it took almost all of his strength to pull me off balance. I was determined to figure out the "trick". I had him repeat this test 5 times. All with the same result.

I also did a test with my feet together and a cupped hand at my side he pushed down with a fist in my hand.
With out the band I was knocked off balance easy. With the band he pushed with all his weight, feet off the ground and still couldn't budge me.

I don't know exactly how this thing works, but I cannot refute it. It does work. The only practical application I can think of for me would be to help with gym workouts. Although its might be pretty fun to blow peoples minds.
 30th of Nov, 2009 by   Paul1969 +1 Votes
BIONIC BAND BIGGEST SCAM SINCE MADOFF PONZI SCHEME..

My wife and I were out for dinner and this man sitting in the next booth was talking about how amazing this wrist band was, I asked him about it and he did the same demonstration that all bionic band scammers do, and wallah...it appeared to have magical powers...what a load. Later that week my wife and I bought some over the internet and it did nothing for us, matter a fact we went to the mall to do some shopping and there was someone selling them in a booth, he was doing the demo for people, I had mine on under a long sleeve shirt and couldn't wait to go and have him throw me off balance while wearing my magic bracelet...well he through me off balance and looked at the crowd and said, now lets put on the bionic band...well I stopped him there and slid my sleeve back revealing my $60 lifetime band to the audience and told everyone what a load of crap this was and yes, it is all mind over matter...BUYER BEWARE:

DON'T BE FOOLED INTO BUYING THIS MAGICAL BRACELET AS THERE IS NO MAGIC EXCEPT YOUR MONEY LEAVING YOUR WALLET.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   amberb669 0 Votes
I have one of these bands sitting in front of me, I didnt buy it, my boyfriends mom got it for him and he didnt wear it today...so I am thinking about maybe wearing it today to see what happens? Knowing my luck, the most I will get out of it is an allergic reaction to the metal touching my skin, but we will see...I personally think its a total load of crap, but I am going to attempt to have an open mind. Would I have spent SIXTY BUCKS on this thing? Hell No. But since I didnt i will try it, lol.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   mightymo +2 Votes
i dont know what to think, but the tests the guy selling them to me were pretty convincing. he even did a thing where he put the band on a cell phone. i turned my back to it. it gave me balance but when someone removed it i fell over. how would i have known when to fall, "if it is mind over matter" if i couldnt see the band being removed. try this, its pretty crazy.
 7th of Dec, 2009 by   PTI +1 Votes
Well the results are in and as a professional coach my athelets have seen a difference, mental or not, call it what you want but if it means more wins Im all in, by the way the sports band is $25 and it was the best $25 we ever spent. I think it works both ways, if you are skeptical then your negative energy works as well and nothing you do will work.
 10th of Dec, 2009 by   BionicFreak! +1 Votes
I too was a skeptic of the band until i bought one and wore it like i do my underwear. I went to get a pedicure one day. I had one of the bands on my ankle. I took it off b/c i didn't want to get it wet. Long story short I lost it & the next day I woke up to carpal tunnel pains out of this world in both wrists. I ended up having to go to Urgent Care b/c it was so bad. $ spent for gas $20 $ spent for visit $200.00 $ spent for meds $20. Having the bionic band for life PRICELESS! The first thing i did was reach for my ankle no BAND.My first thought was S*** they really do work. It was not were is my band oh I got pain. It was i got pain where is my band. I went back to the nail place they did not know what i was talking about. I ended up buying a new band & signed up to become a distributor. So say what u like you got thirty days to try it. And if u dont like it or it does not work for you or u just dont wear it. Return it with no questions asked! I love em so much I will let u try one for 45 bucks! I mean really my four year old wears one. I would not put a $55 dollar band on a four year old if it did not work People!

10th of Dec, 2009 by   BionicFreak! 0 Votes
If it is just a mind think why are Pro Football player & track stars wearing them?
 13th of Dec, 2009 by   vfarrington -1 Votes
With every new product you get skeptics and people that feel the need to bash the product they know nothing about. The Bionic Band works for many many people. Yes it is true, like everything else, it is not for everybody. It doesn't take everyones pain away, it doesn't help everyone with balance and strength etc. But for the many many people that it does help, it is so worth it. After many many appointments with a chiropractor and other doctors that said there wasn't much they could do for my tendonitis. The pain was almost nil after wearing it for 8 hours. I immediately bought one, my sister who had the same pain in her right arm from tendonitis, it worked for her after a few days. If I forget to wear it, after 24 hours or so the pain is back and in full swing. I have much more energy and work faster when I wear it. My father who I thought was the biggest skeptic of all, he is an engineer, shocked me when I sent him one and told him to wear it. He called me after about a week of wearing it and said the pain in his shoulder decreased severely, at 72 years of age and very closed minded, I never expected that. A friend of mine said after wearing it for a couple days he stopped having to take naps in the middle of the day...had more energy. Loved the band, skeptic too at first. There are so many stories from people that the band has helped that it really doesn't matter what some ignorant people say about the band. As long as it helps those that need it, and those that want the help. I know many people, some are family members that are so closed minded and feel that if a doctor didn't prescribe it then it can't possibly work. Well those are the ones that spend hundreds and thousands of dollars to pay for their doctors estates, vacations and expensive automobiles. Hell I should have been a doctor that is probably the biggest scam of all. Anyway, rant and rave all you want, non believers, because those that believe and know of the product and the science behind it will continue to use the product and reap the benefits spending so much less than those who don't believe on medical treatments. www.bionicbandworks.com

Happy Holidays everyone!