logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
2. (2 mins ago)
Maytag / French Door Refrigerator
Problems with the ice maker!
3. (6 mins ago)
Sodahead
Jim Crow like bias
4. (11 mins ago)
buyephedrinehclonline.com
Seller lies about status of order
5. (14 mins ago)
Levis
Defective material supplied by Levis

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Bharti Airtel / Local Service Pack Complaints & Reviews - Unnecessary charging money!

Bharti Airtel / Local Service Pack Contacts & Informations

Bharti Airtel / Local Service Pack

Posted:    ASHISH NEGI

Unnecessary charging money!

Airtel
India
I am customer of Bharati-AirTel and for past few months complaining the customer care about money they r charging for "local service pack". I have followed the steps for disconnecting this service, as per the instruction given by customer care executive several times. Every month they charge sum of Rs. 25 in the name of local service pack. Last time i called customer care service and a customer care executive DEEPAK TYAGI... FIRSTLY , he insulted me as if i am a illiterate and don't know spelling of "nolocal"... he argued with me several min.

Secondly he himself spelled it wrong.

Thirdly, he said he don't care that if i go to consumer forum, as if there is no law in this country...
Comments India Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of May, 2007 by   Harish Narang 0 Votes
To whomsoever it may concern,

I want to bring it a notice to you that i had an airtel prepaid connection and my sim card was not working properly. I went to three showrooms but it wasn't available anywhere. Then the head of one branc sent me to head office. I went to head office and waited for nearly half an hour to get just a sim card. Still they were not giving me as the sales person named hamin was busy. Then i started shouting that i have lots of other work can anybody pls give me the blank sim card? the sales person came and started talking to me very rudely and said" ek to hum aapko sim card de rahe hai aur upar se aap kuch bhi bolte ja rahe ho.. and all that". For a while i thought that i am in a government office where i have to wait for such a long time just to get a sim card. After i said him that it take 30min odd min for just a blank sim card?? then he said hamara kam nahi hai hum sales department me hai, aap yahan pe aake lena allowed nahi ho. i said i know better than you what's the work of sales person. i said him k it's ur duty to deliver these blank cards to the showrooms as it's not available in any of the air-tel office. he again very rudely said that don't teach me what's my job and what's ur job, just take your sim card and go away. Very very bad service!
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   Mrinmoy Adhyapok 0 Votes
Read this mail which I send to different people of Airtel, but till today I have not receive any reply. Airtel is really very very bad service...shame on Airtel.....

I would to inform you that, I am Mrinmoy Adhyapok and scriber of Airtel mobile network from last 6 years . Presently I am working at Pune coming through varies places in India . From beginning I am using Airtel only because of better services. I am very happy with airtel connectivity But recently I am facing a very bad response from airtel employee.

I have a prepaid mobile connection, which I applied to change in Post paid connection on 06.09.2007 as per request of airtel customer care. Airtel agent had come to my house and collected the necessary documents along with the amount by cash. Agent told me that it will be converted to postpaid within 48 hours. But after that day, nobody contact me regarding my application and my connection is also not activated till now.

I don’t have the agent phone no. with me except his name on my copy of the airtel application form which I filled. I gone through varies offices of Airtel but nobody could help me to find the concern person or solve my problem. At last, from Airtel main branch at Swargate, Pune I am able to find the concern person over phone and told him my problem. He agreed that my application with him along with the amount but could not be able to answered me anything and cut the phone saying he will call be back. I took his phone no. and name from the office. From yesterday I tried more than 40 times to him on his office landline no. and mobile, but either he cut the phone or its just ring till last. I am very much upset by this behavior of Airtel which service I appreciated so long.

I don’t know whether it’s a strategy of airtel or that particular person from airtel to earn money from customer like this, what happened with me.

The Airtel concern person name is Mr. Naresh
and his contact no. is.
020- 40161129 (office no.)
0-9970048142 (mobile no.) , Pune , India

My name : Mrinmoy Adhyapok
Ph: 0-9890439930
Location: Chinchwad, Pune
Airtel application serial no.: 2411995

Hope you will reply for this and return back my money.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by   Siddhanta Paul 0 Votes
Airtel is giving very poor service to the subscribers of north east assam.When airtel was launched in North East they were offering GPRS,MMS,etc.After 6 month AIRTEL told that they will not provide GPRS connection due to technical problem although the existing GPRS subscribers can use the service.But now AIRTEL is telling that they will totally withdraw the GPRS service from NORTH EAST & as a result the existing GPRS subscribers will not be able to use the service any more.NOW AIRTEL IS CHEATING US.
 3rd of Oct, 2007 by   sameer Arvind Bhore 0 Votes
Please stop useless teleMarketing calls

i got 7 calls in a day from the below mentioned number :
Pune : 020-40031772
Person Name : Poonam, ..... dont remember others

Please stop this non sense
 20th of Nov, 2007 by   Vaibhav Sane 0 Votes
My Wife Purchased Rs. 350 Lifetime Airtel card from Telephone Shoppe Pune on 15th Sept. 2007. Documents were submitted on same day. Agent of the Telephone Shoppe Pune assured that SIM will be started in 03 days. Phone also started but only for 03 days. After that SIM immediately stopped functioning. When Inquired they asked to submit papers again. This Happened thrice. On 30Th Oct. when papers were submitted to AIRTEL Pune Office, they said it will start by tomorrow 31st Oct. 2007. But when inquired we informed that this number is Closed and it could not be retrieved again. This SIM is Invalid. In all the Process we lost 350+100 Recharge money and more over that lot of tension and unnecessary strain and worry. She has given Numbers in her Interviews for JOB, and god knows how important opportunities we might have lost.

This all happened because of no coordination between TELEPHONE SHOPPE and AIRTEL.

So my humble request is avoid both the Co’s.
 22nd of Nov, 2007 by   GautamMishra 0 Votes
I am a regular post paid customer mobile no 9831609212.I am also having a pre paid mobile no 9903702300. Yesterday I made a recharge of 299 from ICICI bank net banking for my Pre Paid no 9903702300. Normally the recharge happens instant. But there was some problems in your systems and the recharge didnt happen instantly.As I needed recharge immediately I went ahead for Rs340( 3 months validity + 150 talk time) recharge and a top up of Rs 50 through easy recharge thinking that the recharge through ICICI bank net banking did not happen due to your system failure as it was the problem from your end. Later on i discovered that the recharge of Rs 299 was made later which went TOTALLY WASTE.when I contacted your 121 customer care they told that nothing can be done as the recharge was already made.

IS THIS THE WAY YOUR AIRTEL EXPRESSES YOURSELF TO A PROSPECTIVE AND A HIGH ARPU CUSTOMER.
 3rd of Dec, 2007 by   rajkumar B Kshetri 0 Votes
ljkgc,
 4th of Dec, 2007 by   Praveen Srivastava 0 Votes
We can not call from Airtel , Idea and vodafone mobile to toll free numbers like 18001801801 or 18001801802

Please do needful for connectivity from these mobiles.

Praveen

91 9415408614
 5th of Dec, 2007 by   Ajay Kumar Singh 0 Votes
I had received my monthly bill. I am not satisfied by the bill generated by airtel. I remember that I had not activated GPRS on my cell. But Rs 100 is added in my bill as a monthly rental for GPRS. Can you explain what is the reason behind it? And also tell me how to deactivate it. please co operate because this is not the right way to add a monthly rental without the permision of user. I think you can undersatnd my problem. And also I need that amount back. I hope that I will receive a proper response. My account details are given below. Thanks

Name: Ajay Kumar Singh

SDF, Sector-30
NH-8, Opposite to 32 milestone
Gurgaon-122001
 21st of Dec, 2007 by   saptarshi Nath 0 Votes
I'm also a sufferer with Bharti airtel who have chetted rs 3,000 from me. I'll leave no stone unturned to get my money back & proceed through legal jurisdiction.

Regards
 6th of Jan, 2008 by   Shilpa Koul Waza 0 Votes
I am prepaid customer of Bharati-AirTel and for past 3 and a half months I am complaining the customer care about money they r charging for scheme "LOW LOCAL CALL RATES." I have followed the steps for deactivating this service, as per the instruction given by customer care executive several times but of no use. Every DAY they charge sum of Rs. 1.50 for this stupid scheme. Last time i called customer care service and a customer care executive talked to me very rudely.I had gone to the airtel gallery in ANDHERI - (LOKHANDWALA) but nothing happened.
Can anybody tell me now what am I supposed to do.
Should I disconnect this service because I dont have any other option.
There are so many service providers in Mumbai..
 4th of Apr, 2008 by   Mohammad Moinuddin 0 Votes
Within 12 days my airtel gprs rental debited dated 19 march 2008 249 Rs and 2april 2008 249 Rs i have already complained before debit Rs 249 in 2nd time when i got msg on 31 march 2008 that your gprs rental will be debited at that time i called on 121 customer care madam recived she hold me and checked my account detail and said ur money will not debit u got the msg due to some technical fault and if debit back to call me after 24 hrs what i see 249 Rs date 2april 2008 debited from my account i call back to complain gents person recived he chacked my account and excussed he said i enter here your debited money will come back in ur account within 24 hrs but the problem not solved till now already 72 hrs gone i want complain no. But not given
 6th of Apr, 2008 by   sagar 0 Votes
dear sir,
apka vadgaon nimbalkar tawer 10 dinse band pad gaya hai sabse complet ke par kuch fayda nahi hua
apke tawer head sandip kapre 9890049575 es admi ne mujse thik tarahse baat nahi ki to aap unko tamiz sikhao ab korahale vadgon nimb.. kar se 3.km par apki renge kuch bhi nahi aati
mera mo no 9860807598

CUTTING AMOUNT DETAILS
DATE 22.04.2008 VAS PACK RS 30
DATE 29.04.2008 MISSED CALL ALERT RS 15

DOCKET N0 042271416700 ON DATED 22.04.2008 TIME 7.09 PM

Above mentioned scheme is started by you forcefully
which is not required me.
So please refund my amount Rs.45/- imediatly today
oterwise I am going to consumer forum.

thanking you
MAHESH PANDURANG KHARDEKAR
 1st of May, 2008 by   K.R.Nair 0 Votes
I was using an Airtel prepaid sim mobile no 9967677302, i had submitted a form for postpaid sim, with a request for the same number, I was issued a new sim bearing no-8991923000087865370, the same is yet to be activated.I request you to please let me know the status of the same.

Regards

BHARTI HEXACOM LIMITED,
123, IIND POLO, OPP. SHIP HOUSE
PAOTA, JODHPUR - 342001
JODHPUR.

SUB:- COMPLAINT LETTER FOR THE INTIMATION OF IMPROPER AVAILED SERVICES FROM THE COMPANY.

SIR,

With profound respect and sincere regards, I want to submit before nobleness, that I am a customer of a Airtel Post Paid Connection No. 9784008800. I am using Airtel Mobile Connection for last 4 months. Earlier I was a Vodafone customer but your company was highly recommended to me so I switched to Airtel and bought 4 New connections under Corporate plan. But I am so disappointed to inform you that the services I have been receiving from past 3 Months are disgusting. I have not been receiving my mobile bills and details for any of the 4 connections. I have sent several SMS to customer care but to no avail and then I talked to various executives of your company who I think are paid to make fool of customers. Every time I talk to them they assure me that my bills will be dispatched soon but till date I have received none and now they are being downright rude to me. It is a matter of disappointed I am not availing the necessary facilities which are bound to be fulfilled from your side at the time of commitment.

Following are certain listed complaints of mine :-

1. Never received the periodical bills ever which is creating a mental distress to me.

2. My residence is quite far approximately, 15 km from your concerned office; time and again coming to your office is a sole financial and time wastage for me.

3. I am a Customer who use to pay every month at least Ten times the Requisite Payment more than that of an Ordinary Customer, inspite of that since past Seven months I am not been able to avail services. This is not only my lose but also a commercial loss of your company.

4. May I ask u Sir, If I am not receiving the phone bills how can I pay them? In spite of that I have regularly paid all my billing formalities and rationalistic commitments periodically and now my patience has weared off and so from now onwards I am not liable to pay any of your bills.

So kindly take into account this genuine complaint of mine into your generous consent as earliest as possible and waver to the above mentioned facts submitted before your humble self. I am so harassed that I am forced to think if I made a blunder by changing from Vodafone to Airtel. Please look into this matter urgently or I am thinking of not only quitting from Airtel but taking help of consumer court so that your company also realises what it means to be harassed.

Thanking You.

Yours faithfully

Vijay Kumar
 3rd of Aug, 2008 by   umakant 0 Votes
sir, i am customer of bharti airtel prepaid service, i am trying to get GPRS service and necessary setting from last 4 days, daily contacting with airtel customer care representative, they are saying that u will receive the confirmation message and setting within 4 hours, but i hav not received any such kind of message and setting s . please help me out of .
 28th of Aug, 2008 by   G.Krishna Mohan 0 Votes
Hi,

I am the customer of Bharathi Airtel past oner year. Recently Bharathi Airtel organization was introduced ADD ON CARD package. I have taken one ADD ON CARD. On that i have mentioned my residential address which is mentioned in my parental address.

But after few days my ADD ON CARD connection was disconnected without prior intimation. I have taken that connection from one of AIRTEL Excutive. I have compliant to CUSTOMER CARE PEOPLE several times but till today, they said sir there is no problem from your end, we have cross checked it from your parental number, we will activate your add on card with in 15 mins.

I have complaint to them on 23-Aug-08 but till today its not activated.

what i will do these are such a great services from AIRTEL.

So dear friends what i tell u? dont think these people are great service provider.
 4th of Sep, 2008 by   venkateshwerrao.devulapalli 0 Votes
I AM HOLDING AN AIR TEL MOBILECONNECTION BEARING
NO 9949017368.SINCE TWO MONTHS FREQUENTLY IT IS
GOING OUT OFF ORDER.NO BODY IS RESPONDING TO MY REQUEST FOR RECTIFICATION
SINCE 15 DAYS TELEPHONE IS GONE COMPLETELY
OUT OF ORDER
I HAVE PHONED TO ASSISTANCE THROUGH 9849098490 BUT NO RESPONSE TILL TO DAY.IT IS SORRY
TO SAY THAT IT IS A VERY BAD CONSUMER SERVICING
REFLECTING DEFICIENCY OF SERVICE AND ATTRACTS
CONSUMER REDRESSAL FORUM
MOST UNFORTUNATE SITUATION IS I AM A JUDITIAL
OFFICER, NOW ICAN ASSESS U R SERVICE TO COMMON
PEOPLE.STILL MY PHONE IS OUT OF FUNCTIONING
 16th of Oct, 2008 by   Prashant Kadam 0 Votes
Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that I am holding land at Chiplune. and i am interested to prapose for Your Network Tower in the same place. Herwith I would like to give you the details as under.

Address : At/po. Khadpoli, Taluka - Chiplune, Dist.- Ratnagiri
Detail of Land: As my land is near by MIDC area. in MIDC there are almost 150 companies. Also Chiplune is just 10min aways from destination. As this area is developing very fast.

I am very much sure that it will be very much profitable for you. Kindly let me know when you would like to visit for survey so that I will be available there.

Looking forward for your further action.

Thanks & Regards