logo

BeNaughty.com Complaints & Reviews - Unauthorized use of credit facility

BeNaughty.com Contacts & Informations

BeNaughty.com

Posted:    Michael Davies

Unauthorized use of credit facility

EasyDate
PO Box 23777, Edinburgh EH3 7XY.
United Kingdom
Phone: 44 (0) 870 626 0581
benaughty.com
I was offered a 3 day membership trial period if I submitted my credit card details and paid 3.99GBP.
After the 3 day period, I was not satisfied with the site, So didn't bother investigating it any further.
A few weeks later I checked my bank balance and noticed 3.99 plus 24.99 GBP had been debited from my account from the above company.
After notifying them asking for my money back, they refused saying I had used their site and had not notified them in advance to cancel my membership. They would however not withdraw any further funds and my membership would be terminated from immediate affect.
I had never requested ot authorized them to a month membership fee.
I tried getting the transaction cancelled with my bank-they said it would involve cancelling my debit card, which is an inconvenience at this point.
I therefore have no option but to take the matter up with small claims-again a waste of my time, so it looks like this company has succeeded in stealing 24.99 GBP of my money.
How many more people will they scam in this manner before they are removed from trading online?
Comments United Kingdom Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jun, 2009 by   sassy300 +3 Votes
The same has happened to us with the added complaint that they took duplicate payments from my account, we are awaiting a reply from the website but after reading this i'm not expecting one anytime soon! I am hoping that because i paid through paypal i will be able claim my money back, has anyone else had any luck reclaiming their money??
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   22muk +3 Votes
I have had the same thing happen to me, signed up for the 3 day membership (only a few pounds for 3 days) and I have had a call from the bank today regarding fraud, they have taken £25 out 3 times, and I cancelled all the subscriptions within a few hours of signing up (which the site said to do if I did not want a monthly subscription) Does anyone have any idea how to reclaim money from this?
 23rd of Sep, 2009 by   DaveDavies +3 Votes
I'm another victim of their scam. The small print in their T&C's is going to make it difficult for the credit card companies to initiate a charge back against them.
EasyDate Ltd know this which is why the scam is successful, because nobody reads the small print.

I'm going to write to their local trading standards office:
Name: Trading Standards
ddress: Chesser House, 500 Gorgie Road, Edinburgh EH11 3YJ
Tel: 0131 529 3030
Fax: 0131 529 3014
trading.standards@edinburgh.gov.uk

I'm not expecting to get any money back, but once trading standards receive a certain number of complaints they will have to investigate and should be able to force them to change their T&C's.

I suggest that everyone caught up in this con makes the effort to at least notify their local trading std's officer.
 20th of Nov, 2009 by   idle +3 Votes
Another Scam by Benaughty

If you access wap.benaughty.com, the application that downloads and claims to be free sends sends text messages to enroll you with text marketing compnaies. I have had everything from £1.50 per message text dating sites to AA Motor insurance.

I have written to Benaughty and they tell me how to reduce marketing emails, but refused to comment on the text advertising despite 3 requests.

The registration texts they send go to 80212, you will find them in your SMS outbox
 26th of Nov, 2009 by   Heyheyyou -3 Votes
Oh common people, what`s on Earth with you ?
Don`t you know that every dating site work like this ? All of`em have duplicate payments. All you have to do is just rad T&C`s carefully. If you don`t read em why do you think it is scam? Maybe something wrong with you ?
I used to be benaughty member, I know there are lots of nice, fun and genuine people over there.
Yes, you have to pay to read messages, you have to upgrade you account to read emails but trust me - 2 pounds a day or even less totally worth it.
 3rd of Dec, 2009 by   Manoo +3 Votes
This is a blatent scam to steel money from peoples accounts. There is NO indication at any stage of the process that you are signing up to repeat billing. Other dating sites make it clear on the special offer that it will result in repeat billing, Benaughty do not. It is clearly a deception to scam people, as above I suggest that everyone complains to the trading standards about these crooks.
 6th of Dec, 2009 by   Datingexpert -2 Votes
Agree with Heyheyyou. I think all web dating sites work like this.
I created an account there but don`t know whether I shoud upgraid it or not. From what I heard the only reason I shoudn`t is so called repeat billing. But why should I care if I want to use all features and don`t want ( at least for now ) cancel my membership ?! LOL.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   antipodean +3 Votes

There are a few honest operations out there.

Not every dating site is as blatantly crooked as BN.

Be Naughty is a fraud and it's owners should be prosecuted to the limit of the law and the site permanently closed.

Every complaint made here and elsewhere about these theiving scumbags is 100% true from my own experience of Be Naughty.

Whenever I read a post praising Be Naughty or any other fraudulent service like it, I always get the feeling that the poster is an employee of that firm.

Avoid Be Naughty and warn others to stay well away from it.

It is worse than a haven of scammers, it is a scam outright.

BN does absolutely nothing to investigate, much less remove fake profiles no matter how often complaints are lodged or how much evidence is provided that these profiles are bogus.

And I agree with Dave Davies.

Everybody who has ever been scammed by BN should notify the fair trading authorities in their home country.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   bptheft +2 Votes
trading standards and the police
 25th of Dec, 2009 by   aliyyyyyyy +3 Votes
what i have seen is that most emails from members contain the generic messages such as 'hi im new' whats that about? and i get 20 emails when my profiles been visited no mre than 6 times! things just don't add up. hmm i smell crap, and yes there maybe employees writing good reviews as i have read the EXACT same comments on another website, i mean who would go aroung copy pasting their comments on different review sites?
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   SureIdo -3 Votes
I am a member of benaughty and I think that this site should change their rulles.
It`s not only about their billing system, it`s about girls and their membership. I meen girls don`t pay and that`s why there are some scammers there.
aliyyyyyyy yeah! I have these emails from new people, but you can deactivate this feature.
I`m not going to tell you that this site is the best, that`s why I`m useing only Forums and Blogs - and I can see genuine people there.
If you will ask me would I recomend this site.. I`d say yes, but be careful with scammers, because all dating sites have them.
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   BillyNolan -3 Votes
I would say I am neutral to this site. I have friends there, but I don`t want to pay for the membership.
But from what I heard about this site ( don`t know any billing details ) - there are many hot girls there :)
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   NickKarter +1 Votes
Nice site, but don`t give away your Credit Card information to scammers.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   Spengler +2 Votes
I've been trying out their 3 day thing just this week. After reading what you guys have said about getting ripped off it's easy to see why Easy Date Ltd. has been making so much money recently. I just wish i knew how to hack so i could shut them down for a while and stop them ripping anybody else off. Never mind about the fake profiles, put in by themselves i'm sure in order to hook new customers. Make yourself a couple of accounts with different email addresses and do some searching. You'll find loads of duplicate entries with the same details and pics apparently living all over the country in different places. I'm going to have phone my bank tommorow and check they've not been taking anything they shouldn't have. Bloody thieving b*stards!!!
 7th of Feb, 2010 by   Torro -1 Votes
I agree with you guys but I also know that every dating site where you have to pay for teh membership have these scammers.
As for me I am a member of this site. I went onto BN to have fun & unexpectedly found a perfect match. I didn’t go on here to look for a relationship but it certainly found me & I don’t regret it at all. Thanks to BN it has made a big difference to my quality of life!
I think the best way to find someone on sites like this is to ignore all the scammers and concentrate on your goal - to find a perfect match.
 14th of Feb, 2010 by   Doran -3 Votes
????
not so sure i agree, ... the only probs Bn has is some of the users would rather wank at home than meet anyone on BN
Reminds me of a meet i nearly had not so long back...
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   SirTomy -2 Votes
Keep going, i had some `funny` times to start with - but have found some great freinds there x
 28th of Mar, 2010 by   TedBrown -3 Votes
It works, it's all about how you use the place... and time spent etc and so on
peace
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   999vigilante +1 Votes
This is who is taking your money.

The Company Trades under the names of
EASYDATE LTD Comany reg no: SC276622 (Incorporated 29 November 2004)
and
EASY DATE HOLDINGS LTD Company reg no: SC368538 (Incorporated 13 November 2009)

Registered Company Address for both companies:
23 Manor Place,
Edinburgh,
Midlothian,
EH3 7DX
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   perzro1 -1 Votes
I've had a couple of payments taken that I hadn't expected, thanks to BN. But I've also had some great sex that I hadn't expected too! Swings and roundabouts, guys, swings and roundabouts...

Beware of Phishing Scam!