logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Merrywood Loans.co.uk
unauthorised use of card details
2. (7 mins ago)
shoe palace
store policy/lack of customer service
4. (9 mins ago)
unfair practices

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Badoo Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent account creation and unauthorized personal data usage

Badoo Contacts & Informations

Badoo

Posted: 2011-04-04 by    Badoo Complaint

Fraudulent account creation and unauthorized personal data usage

Here is a very dirty way Badoo conducts business. Under the disguise of answering questions about your friends, the Badoo Facebook application takes advantage of access to your personal information and creates a public dating profile without your knowledge. To make it look as if it was a genuine account they even make choices for you by specifying various criteria that you are looking for in a date. So, you end up receiving dating requests from all sort of freaks although you are not looking for any dates, whatsoever.

Okay, so far so good, you can ignore those and treat them like spam in your inbox. But, what do you explain to your friends when they search for your name in Google and they see that according to this profile, you are open for dating, but at the same time have a successful marriage with 3 children? What about the husband himself? Well, it gets even dirtier than this.

Next, try to clean your public image and delete the profile: surprise, it doesn't work since you are not the one who created it in the first place, it was the Facebook application that created it and their system is configured in such a way that only those who personally created a profile are allowed to delete it. Since you never personally created the dating account you are out of luck.

Next logical thing is to file a complaint with their support department to have the account deleted at their end. Do they respond? Nope.

And here is how they artificially boost their membership base to trick their potential legitimate users that they become members into a large dating site.

I think this application should be banned from Facebook as it uses way too dirty methods taking advantage of the access that they get to Facebook users personal data.
Comments Romania Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Aug, 2012 by   assal Farrhi 0 Votes
I had the same problem, but they responded me. They asked me an ID cart but I refused to give them any further information and right now they have deleted my profile but still there is a link that lists my name, age and town. I am looking for a way to sue them.
 29th of Apr, 2013 by   CHIEF ESHIET ESSIEN 0 Votes
I do have the same problem. I am a happily married 49 year old man with four lovely children, founding CEO of one of Nigeria's leading Advertising agencies, Brand Believers Limited, and a titled Chief in my community. I have never applied or requested to join Badoo, but about three years ago a client jokingly brought to my attention that when he googled my name, the first entry that popped up was my Badoo enlistment and in my ignorance I asked what that was and he said it was a dating site and I said I never applied to join any dating site. I carried out an internet search myself and was shocked to see that someone had stolen my identity by using my photograph in my company's website to perpetrate the fraud, enlist me on Badoo while proceeding to con and mislead unsuspecting women out there. I am not even on facebook and so what would I be looking for on Badoo. If one needed to go on a date, there must certainly be more creative ways to do this than on Badoo. I have sent a mail to an address which I was told could help in expunging my information (photo and any other material that might have been submitted by the crook) from the site and three years after this was done, my photo and indeed other Badoo info still pop up ahead of even my professional profile whenever I google my name. I need help from the internet community on how I can go about bringing this scam to an end... Chief Eshiet Essien. e-mail : eshietessien@brandbelievers-ng.com

Don't Buy a Flat-Screen TV - Yet