logo

Corporation For Character
Misleadingly Vague "survey"
2. (7 mins ago)
3Psychics.com Scam FRAUD Spell Rip Off Spellcaster Crime Gang 1-877-398-0778
3Psychics.com took my money and stopped answering my calls!
3. (11 mins ago)
JDNETT PROFITS
FRAUD
4. (15 mins ago)
FAKE ID SITES NOT A SCAM
FAKEID REVIEWS ARE POSTING FAKE REVIEWS
5. (16 mins ago)
forevermetals.com
Bad quality rings and slow delivery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AWA Health Insurance Complaints & Reviews - Will say anything to sell you a policy

AWA Health Insurance Contacts & Informations

AWA Health Insurance

Posted: 2012-04-06 by    violetopi

Will say anything to sell you a policy

My husband and I are both self employed and looking to start our family. I really wanted to keep my same doctors so we started looking for insurance with maternity coverage that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. AWA called and said it covered tons of things including 70% of maternity costs and mental health services. When our packet arrived in the mail, the paperwork very clearly stated that NEITHER of these services were included. I immediately called my sales rep to ask what was going on. I was not allowed to talk with my original sales rep and was told again by someone else that the maternity and mental health was in fact covered. I desperately didn't want to feel cheated so I believed them and moved on.

Recently my husband was injured at work so I called the actual claim department to discuss what we were responsible for while the workers comp claim was under review. They said everything. They provided no coverage for his injury. I again asked about the maternity and mental health coverage and was told they do not provide any benefit for either AND THE PERSON WHO TOLD ME IT DID LIED TO ME.

Policy cancelled. I now have Kaiser and even though I had to switch doctors, I love my new ones and am super happy.

BOTTOM LINE: The sales reps will say anything to you to sell you a policy. DO NOT TRUST THEM.
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jul, 2012 by   cdmann 0 Votes
Do not get suckered in with this company, they lie to you, they cover nothing they promise, doctor offices look at you like you are crazy when you present the card, they have never heard of them, can't find them in the system, they are highway robbery. I was told it had all this great coverage for pre-existing problems, out patient services for imaging, Emergency Room, out patient procedures, medication coverage...Blah, Blah, Blah! Wrong, all lies, covers nothing. My son fell in June, had to go to the ER for stitches ( I took them out myself, so there would not be another bill) 1000+/- dollars later I found out they pay nothing on the bill and I have not received a bill yet from the doctor, that is just ER. I pay 469 a month, just to carry a plastic card so I can present in a providers office just so I, or my family will be seen, knowing it is no good, makes me feel like I am giving them a fake ID or like I am doing something wrong, it is very embarrassing. I have paid 3283 dollars since Dec. 2011 for coverage, they have paid approximately 200.00 +/- a few pennies. you do the math!!
 12th of Mar, 2013 by   TimJJ 0 Votes
I have AWA, and they are ok, they do not cover flu shots, that's strange. But not bad for the price.
 4th of Jun, 2013 by   Paul Szoke 0 Votes
Please I need the phone number to contact them they have not paid a bill that should have been cover by them and I no longer have there number. If you would please send me there phone number to pszoke@cfl.rr.com
And yes they will do anything to sell there insurance to you.
 13th of Jun, 2013 by   Desperately seeking coverage 0 Votes
Today I talked to an insurance brokerage firm asking for different types of insurance plans my family and I can get on. We are currently with an insurance provider that is costing us an arm and a leg. The agent for the brokerage firm suggested AWA. I am a bit concerned now that I have read all of this because the sales pitch sounds exactly like what I am reading from these posts. I am going to do some more research and see whether it is worth picking up. The price was very very good for my family of 5. I hope the adage "sounds too good to be true" is actually wrong in this case.

Madoff Admits Running 50bn Scam