logo

Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
3. (17 mins ago)
P C Richard & Son
But nothing has been done.Iwould like to get a working handle on my new refrig
4. (21 mins ago)

Rent Scam

Atlas Alliance
Singapore
December 19, 2011
We vieved a room in Elizabeth Heights at Cairnhill. Imelda, representative of Atlas Alliance, offered $1000 for the room with toilet at the 4th floor. We paid $ 2000 on the same day for the deposit and advance payment.Signed 6-month contract for the room.

January 12, 2012
I called up Imelda to ask for the keys because we will start moving on the 13th. Move in date in our contract is Jan 14 but they usually allow the tenants to move in a day before. Imelda said we can get the keys on the 13th.

January 13, 2012
I called up Imelda. She said " Oh, Celine have not called you?" A few minutes late, a girl named Celine called me up saying that the room that we signed in for are now $1300. She said that there is a change of management, Imelda just handed her the job and our contract was lost in their office. Whew.
She offered us another room for $1000 without toilet in the 16th floor! We already packed our things since a new tenant will be taking over our old room so have no choice but to take the room.
They disregarded our contract. It is like buying a laptop but getting a desktop.

Who can help us? To whom can we complaint? It was so very inconvenient for us since we waited for almost a month to get the room. They never contacted us that there was a price increase.

Comments Singapore Condo and Home Owners Associations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2012 by   Sabrina412 0 Votes
Hi aldin can I get your contact no. ? I think I'm facing the same problem too.this time it's Dominic, imelda, celine and agent Alvin are involved...we paid deposit already to a room that we never see before..they showed us 16th flr then after we agreed Alvin the agent suddenly said that the actual unit we are renting is in level 10..I don't know why we just agreed to pay deposit ..it's been almost 2 weeks now for everyday that I'm chasing them to let us view the room but until now we haven't ..tomorrow imelda will see us and wants to collect our balance..we are going to the police now to consult if u want to join us please reply on this comment.
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   gurudutt -3 Votes
I AM IMELDA FROM ATALS ALLIANCE I WISH TO STATE THAT MR ALDIN HAS TAKEN A FULL REFUND ON THE 18/01/12 IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. WHEN HE WAS FIRST INFORMED THAT THERE WAS A PRICE INCREASE WE OFFERED TO PAY HIM BACK IN FULL HOWEVER HE REFUSED AND ASKED TO STAY IN A TEMP ROOM WHICH WE OUT OF GOODWILL OFFERED TO HIM AND WHEN THE ROOM WAS NOT FINSIHED WE PUT HIM UP IN A HOTEL FOR 2 NIGHTS AFTER WHICH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT THE DAY DAY HE INFORMED US OF OTHER ISSUES WHICH WE HAS AS SUCH WE OFFERED HIM A REFUND AT ALMOST 2 AM IN THE MORNING WHEN MOST PPL AND OFFICES WHICH WILL BE NOT OPERATING. I WISH TO INFORM MR ALADIN THAT IF HE CONTINUES TO POST SUCH IRRESPONSIBLE THINGS ON THE INTERNET WE WILL NOT HESITATE TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST HIS IRRESPONSIBLE BEHAVIOUR.
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   gurudutt -2 Votes
Hi Sabrina412 i am not aware of who you are or when and why i am supposed to meet you. I do no know if your deposit has been given to me or not. pls private message me.
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   aldin -2 Votes
i was so nervous last time so i posted this. my money is now refunded. i wish no harm to any party. thanks
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   beppi +3 Votes
Based on gurudutt/Imelda's communication style (which comes across as very rude), I would avoid dealing with this company!
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   gurudutt -2 Votes
We both agree Aldin and I, that this matter has been blown out of proportion and we have already amicalbly come to a settlement and we wish each other all the best in the best.
edit all the best..
 22nd of Jan, 2012 by   aldin -2 Votes
we both agree that this matter has been blown out in proportion and we have already amicably come to a settlement . we hope each other all the best
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   nutnut +2 Votes
You guys sound to me like a bunch of cowboys, firstly, who has this situation in the first place? The fact the room wasn't ready and cost twice as much is frankly unacceptable, what happened after that is immaterial, and the communication style is ridiculous, I agree with Beppi, I will be avoiding Atlas Alliance like the plague!
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   sgimmigrant +2 Votes
hi
 31st of Jan, 2012 by   Xiao018 +3 Votes
This is totally unacceptable, and ridiculous...thats cheating.
Are they even aware of the teeth the singapore law can enforce regarding people committing cheating and fraud?!
I just hate cheaters, wonder how they sleep soundly at night.
 11th of Feb, 2012 by   hero1 +2 Votes
Hey this has just happened to me too. It is now known that ATLAS ALLIANCE LIKE TO TARGET FOREIGNERS, especially INDONESIANS!!! BE CAREFUL OF THESE PEOPLE!
I Paid a $1550/month for a junior master suite and it was not available for 2 days in a row. whats more is that a tenant was still living in the room that was supposed to be available for me! we also paid a 1 month advanced.
We have proceeded with small claims tribunal and will be following up this matter. I suggest that we all do the same thing and follow up on SMALL CLAIMS TRIBUNAL. CASE won't do anything... because they can't . so far, imelda has not been straight forward in her emails and have been reporting FALSE news.
Again I strongly advice that all of you go to SMALL CLAIMS TRIBUNAL immediately, they will bring the law/police into this matter and resolve it ASAP. If we all go to SCT we can shut these guys down!
 16th of Feb, 2012 by   victim20120212 +2 Votes
Seriously, ATLAS ALLIANCE really TARGET FOREIGNERS, NOT ONLY INDONESIAN BUT MALAYSIAN TOO!
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   victim20120212 +2 Votes
Hi all victims, I strongly believe we have been con by Mr.Dominic and IMELDA from ATLAS ALLIANCE PTE LTD. I have lodge a police report yesterday because i think it is a scam. I hope we guys can work together to pin these 2 bustard by giving me all those actions that you have tried for instance any police report # or lawyer whom you have consulted. I will do my part too as today I will visit a lawyer to consult how to take legal action against them. Sincerely, I want to hear from you guys asap.
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   bg16 +2 Votes
hi victim20120212, can i have your number? i'm having issues with them too.
 17th of Feb, 2012 by   victim20120212 +2 Votes
Hi bg16, you can call me at this number 81028077..
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   imelda80 -3 Votes
Hello Jason,
It is factual that your room was available on the 2nd day that you came and the person that was staying on a temp basis before moving to another floor is still staying with us.You did however forget to mention that your 2 day hotel stay was paid by us? At a hotel of your choice in fact you also forgot to mention that you verbally abused a colleage of mine and apologised for it on the day? We informed you on the 2nd day just 2 to 3 hours after you left that the room was ready for occupation?Also you made us a settlement offer for the refund of your deposit and rent paid.I really don't want to air your behaviour on a public forum but it's your choice right? In what way have we cheated or conned anyone? victim20120212: We only have units in the district 9 area your unit is in bt panjang that is no where near district 9. We are mearly the property management ppl and not the landlord of 167 bt panjang if i am right to say the money was not handed to me at all and your deposit amount is $4000 not $6000 also the landlord of the property personally was present for the signing of the contract as well as she had informed you of her housing settlement situation and she told you the move in date can be done on the 26th of February...I also have a written docment signed and sealed by you.Would you like me to put that up on the forum as well?
 20th of Feb, 2012 by   imelda80 -3 Votes
xiao018 there was not cheating involved at all...if you read the above post the poster has said that it was a misunderstanding on their part that caused the situation. Also sabrina412 will soon put up a post in my defence.I appreciate all your feedback however I do hope the feedback you give is factual and substaintiated. Thank you
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   victim20120212 +3 Votes
Imelda, i strongly agreed that you immediately go to put this document on the forum or publish this scam on all newspapers. I am so curious how fake the document you have mentioned that it was signed and sealed by me!
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   imelda11 -2 Votes
Hi Mr See Poh Su, Please refer to the piece of paper that you have signed and sealed by yourself that was wirtten by your property agent John.

Build a PC for $50