logo

At Home Rewards Contacts & Informations

At Home Rewards

Posted:    Susan

Illegal practices

I had a charge of $16.95 on my card from a place called 'At Home Rewards". I never heard of them and had not made any purchases from them. When I was finally able to reach someone at their customer service, the man said my information had been obtained from a company that I had ordered from a couple of months ago. I told him I wanted a refund of my money and I did not want anything from them.

He said he would "cancel" my account and issue a refund immediately. This was on 6/21/06. As of today 6/27/06, there has been no refund.

It seems to me this kind of practice would be illegal, both for this company and the company that gave out my credit information.

Susan
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2007 by   sandra ward 0 Votes
I have found the 16.95 debit on my account also. And I know that I did not order anything from them. I had to completely shut down both of my bank accounts in the past over AOL> My bank representative said that she could quote 29.95 in her sleep because she had so many disputes over them. I was angry for months that they still got away with so much money and caused me many overdraft charge. On one spam site there were over 825 complaints about them. I believe that there should be a class action against them or SOMETHING!!!! They just keep taking people's money and they are getting away with it. This is so unfair and so not right. The banks are closed until Tuesday. We all need to support each other and do SOMETHING. I get angry every time I think about AOL and it looks like I am dealing with them again. I am sorry for your trouble and thank you for taking the time to report this. My time is precious too but if people don't report then others get hurt for sure. Do you have a phone # for the thieves? Thanks Sandra
 16th of Mar, 2008 by   Shauna Maddalena 0 Votes
Hi Sandra,
This morning I had a 29.95 charge on my account from AT HOME REWARDS. I called my bank and had to cancel my debit card, and may have to change my checking and savings. Looking back over the last few weeks, they have charged my account many times. I just filed a fraud report on them. I DID NOT give this company my info. I have no idea where they got it. As far as phone numbers, GOOD LUCK! Here's just a few of them.

888-425-5874
877-820-6329
800-962-4106
888-861-7216

Every number is answered by the same answering machine!

I tried to call them before I called my bank, but they are closed until tomorrow or the next day. FUNNY! They charged my account this morning! March16, 2008 "SUNDAY" I agree something needs to be done. Shauna
 18th of Apr, 2008 by   Tatiana 0 Votes
i have also had a similar problem with the same company i never even heard of them an there was a charge on my account from them i called too get the charges cacelled an was told it was just a hold on my account it's supposed to be being refunded todays date is 4/18/08 we'll see how long it takes
 23rd of Apr, 2008 by   Bob Timmons 0 Votes
These companies are parasites that in my case made the charges on my credit card when I subscribed to www.classmates.com. I also had two charges appear on my creadit card from At Home Rewards and Shopping Essentials. I called both companies and found that their phone menu and options lead me to believe that they are the same company located in CT. With each call I was able to get a live person and they both said that the charges were encountered when I signed up for www.classmates.com . They agreed to cancel the charges and that I should see a charge reversal on my credit card account within 48 hours. Even though these charges were incurred without my explicit consent I think that the folks at classmates.com need to take a reflective look at their business affilliations with these parasites.
 10th of Jun, 2008 by   Sharon Sanchez 0 Votes
I found a charge on my checking statement today for "At Home Rewards". They told my I accepted an offer through Classmates.com (which I did not) yet I did sign up for Classmates.com a month ago. I suspect my information was sold to At Home Rewards.
 30th of Jun, 2008 by   June P 0 Votes
I too was scammed by this company "At Home Rewards" thru a TV ad sponsored by Timelife. My account was charged $19.95. I called twice and customer service answered but could not hear me so they hung up. Thru the rip off report in one complaint I called that number (888-833-7279) and talked to a JULIA MYERS. After I told her I was reporting this to the Governor, the Attorney General and my Senator, she assured me I 'd get a rebate in 3 to 5 days. I did all my email to those govt officials and then called Timelife where they told me after hearing me spout off that they referred all my personal data to At Home Rewards and WalMart Gift Card. I told her that At Home Rewards was the company mentioned on all the complaints. I, also, wrote to Gov. Tim Pawlenty in Minnesota where this company is based and asked for his and their Attorney General's help in resolving this scumbag company. Timelife is really the culprit as far as I'm concerned and should be held responsible. TODAY, I received a letter in the mail from "MEMBERSHIP SERVICES, PO BOX 5265,
HOPKINS, MN 55343 and I quote " we are issuing you a full refund in the amount of $39.90in 8 to 10 days. Your refund will be credited to the card you used when you enrolled in Value Plus .

I never enrolled in that site at all and never ever have heard of them. When I went and googled the company "WC*VALUE PLUS-V" that's when the /link removed/ site came out. It really made my very angry when I saw one letter from a senior where they took out a lousy dollar from her checking account. And my biggest surprise was after reading all those complaints was it seemed like all those people thought they could do was cancel their credit/debit card. Not me. I went straight to my bank and gave them a copy of my bank statement after telling them the story and by law they have to NOT allow this to happen again.

PLEASE anyone out there who got scammed don't let this happen to you again. It's not our fault. Contact the big bosses, Your governor, attorney general, and especially your senator. Anyone in power can stop this. The biggest help is going to your local NEWSPAPER and have them put in print what happened so more people are made aware of this. Also, email all your friends. That's what we all need to do is FIGHT IT. DON'T LET THOSE CROOKS GET AWAY WITH ANY OF THIS. I HOPE SOMEONE STARTS A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST TIMELIFE ALSO.

I think they can sell your name ONLY to other companies but they gave away our personal data which is against the LAW.

OK now that I'm off my soapbox, get into this fight and help yourselves. GOOD LUCK TO ALL JUNE.
 5th of Jul, 2008 by   Glen Jon 0 Votes
I agree. I haven't been able to speak to anyone yet however, I left a support ticket with what appeared to be "At Home Rewards. " I never sign up with them directly. They got my information from another entity legally. The issue is all vendors should bank under the same entity. what's happening now is corporations are doing the cloak and dagger routine. They are vendors under unsuspecting names, with fine print. I've found Bank secured debit cards are doing the same thing. Basically opporations are like the Wild Wild West. They legally do any thing they want to. Who's Who for 29.95 every here and there. They usually get away with enough to make a profit. It's a damn shame.
 6th of Jul, 2008 by   Justin D 0 Votes
I just looked very close at my bank statements, and realized that At home rewards has been charging me monthly for $32.95 for the last 4 months! I have never even heard of them before and never gave out my credit card# I called there toll free and they wanted my membership # ? They also said they were closed today...

I have disputed the charges with my bank, I hope I get my money back, and I hope these guys get shut down. My bank asked if I was willing to press charges, and I said Yes.
 16th of Jul, 2008 by   Brad 0 Votes
I rejoined classmates june 30, 08, july 7th 08

i got hit with a 19.95 charge for a service I did not request
in any fashion. Classmates tried to say I did it. But I saw nothing
about at home rewards when joining.
I e mailed classmates a few times and got a good #At Home Rewards+ at 1-877-636-6858..

I called they said I did it, but could not find a lon in or pass ward that they claim I had to have made in order to be charged.

They agreed to cancel and refund me all charges,
We shall see. I contacted my bank also, so they can not charge me again as it is a monthly fee.
 19th of Aug, 2008 by   Ama 0 Votes
what horror stories. Is there any law agency handling complaints against At Home Rewards? I would like to know where to send my complaint to.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   T. Spencer 0 Votes
I just got $19.95 charged to my debit card from At Home Rewards.com and I have never heard of this site in my life. I don't even know my member ID number let alone what telephone number I gave them to get this account.

If I got a new debit card and changed my number, would that stop them from charging me??????????????????????
Someone please answer this question for me.
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   Ron Schade 0 Votes
I had the same charge and the same amount from another company "WC Value Plus" which is also listed on this board.

I had my card turned off, and they are sending me a new one. Is there any government agency that these companies can be report to?
 26th of Nov, 2008 by   David L. Herbert 0 Votes
I had previously commented on At home rewards plus owing me $110.00.

That amount was in error. The correct amount was $30.95

The $110.00 unauthorized charges were made by Reservation Rewards.

At Home Rewards has sent me an e-mail indicating they shall refund or credit $30.95

Reservation Rewards has indicated they shall refund or credit my account, but have not indicated any amount as of yet.
 11th of Jan, 2009 by   patricia 0 Votes
This goes out to all the people that have been scammed by these scam artist. Try calling this # 877-636-6858. They got me by adding 29.95 to my credit card for 1 full year plus the 1.00 doallar per month. It's the same company or people, because when I called my credit card co. They informed me that the same people from Home rewards is the same company as the savings people. I actually spoke to a real person at the number I mentioned above, and all my money was refunded to me in 2 business days. The lady I spoke with was very helpful, and she didn't give me a hard way to go about those unauthorized charges. So I hope this helps everyone Goodluck
 12th of Feb, 2009 by   K7DFA 0 Votes
My mother got hit by these bozos for three months running (that we KNOW about)!
Her c/u was very helpful in getting the matter resolved, she is still trying to get the first months charge of $16.95 refunded to her account!!!

The c/u asked her about the possibility of issuing a new card for her checking account today (02/12/09), she declined, 'cause it's way too much trouble to go to.

She's gonna ask the c/u to send an her itemized statement of her account (pref. monthly)!

She's also gonna cll the Idaho A.G.'s consumer protection line to see what (if anything) they might be doing/able to do about these "people".
 25th of Mar, 2009 by   Mindy 0 Votes
The Federal Trade Commission deals with complaints that are filed regarding unfair business practices such as scams, deceptive advertising and monopolistic practices. It reviews these complaints to determine if businesses are in fact engaging in harmful practices. The FTC is also responsible for reviewing mergers in the market to ensure that they do not hurt competition in the market and potentially harm consumers. Generally speaking, the FTC does not have the ability to directly enforce its rulings, but it can go to the courts to have them enforced.

They charged me with $19.95 out of nowhere. I called them and they said they are going to refund me the money, however I had to cancel my card since I have not authorized that charge.

Go to www.federaltradecomission.com home page and file a complaint. They will investigate the company and probably put them out of bussiness.
 27th of Mar, 2009 by   JohnnyBGood 0 Votes
I got ripped off too! Thank God I caught it within a matter of days not months! I had two charges of $19.95 from AtHomeRewards and PrivacyMatters123 They are the same company. All three ladies that I spoke with gave me their names and ID#s immediately and promised to refund my money within 2 business days. What scammers! They messed with the wrong girl... I'm going after them with everything I have. They will NOT get away with it!!!
 16th of Apr, 2009 by   Orlando Martins 0 Votes
Well, for you all that had the same problem of mine.

Just called them at the 1 888-425-5874. They requested my Membership Nbr (which obviously I don't have) and the phone system requested me to introduce the debit card number for the checking account they are sending the debit. I did it and they gave me back the membership number.

Going on with the automated answering system, I choose option 1 to talk about debits, 1 again to cancel my membership, 1 again to confirm and then, after their confirmation, zero (0) to talk to an Agent. I briefly told her that I've just cancelled the membership I never asked for and she transferred me to her supervisor. 3 minutes on the phone and the supervisor agreed that all debits done to my checking account were wrong, and agreed to give me back 5 x US$ 25.95 + 12 x US$ 22.95 + 12 x US$ 19.95 (as they were debiting my account since Jan/2007).

She said that the total amount would be in my account in 2 business days. I'll wait for it and confirm in this blog on Monday. If it does works, I have to say that, besides the fact that it was wrong, they did fantastically. BUT, let's wait until Monday to see if they just found a good way of getting rid of my call.
 28th of Apr, 2009 by   fraudvictim 0 Votes
They charged my card for over $1200.00 under AT HOME REWARDS AND PRIVACY MATTERS and I just found out. I'm calling the police. How did these scammers get my card number? Let's shut them down right now! They have messed with the wrong person this time!!!
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   eatshitAHR 0 Votes
yea fuck this company!!!
i just got $110.19 charged on my credit card. and i have never heard from them before. i am placing a law suit agains them and passaport to fun." it is incredable how there is so many complaints and this companies are still doing the same bull shit!
i live in texas and they charged from conneticut. can a company really be this ignorant and stupid?
i have proof and witnesses. i hope everybody places a law suit against this compnaies when ever this happens.
we need to put a stop to this. i cant use my credit card now and i have to wait for a new one to come in the mail. i dont have time for this. it is the 24th and i have to pay bills on the first!
if u work for one of this companies and u are reading this. i hope u no u have the shitiest job in the world.
quit and do ur self a favor and get some dignity because soon or later ur own company is going to fuck u over!
im sorry but im pissed.